College Football season has begun!

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Re: College Football season has begun!

Post by eddie lee roth »

Its bullshit if they give this Johnny Football kid the Heisman when just a few years back they wouldn't let Adrain Petterson win it.

Petterson was the best fuckin kid out of the whole bunch but it was oh no we can't give it to a freshman.

Look at him now the guy is like a player from the older generation he's tough as nails.
johnk5150
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by johnk5150 »

Lines have come out for mythical Notre Dame/SEC champ.

ND +9 1/2 if it's Alabama
ND + 3 1/2 if it's Georgia
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

eddie lee roth wrote:Its bullshit if they give this Johnny Football kid the Heisman when just a few years back they wouldn't let Adrain Petterson win it.

Petterson was the best fuckin kid out of the whole bunch but it was oh no we can't give it to a freshman.

Look at him now the guy is like a player from the older generation he's tough as nails.
This!
The reason this kid is getting so much hype is because there are no upper classman playing well enough to be considered for the Heisman.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

ELR, Peterson is rb from Oklahoma, not a qb. They're the only ones who can win anymore.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

NeverSurrender wrote:ELR, Peterson is rb from Oklahoma, not a qb. They're the only ones who can win anymore.

for the most part, when a college QB wins the Heisman, his NFL career
can be summed in as, "not very good".
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

Machado wrote:
eddie lee roth wrote:Its bullshit if they give this Johnny Football kid the Heisman when just a few years back they wouldn't let Adrain Petterson win it.

This!
The reason this kid is getting so much hype is because there are no upper classman playing well enough to be considered for the Heisman.
Okay poster #1 is basically saying that because it was done wrong once, it should be done wrong again. Since AP got screwed, this guy should also get screwed to be fair to AP.

Second poster agrees, but is basically saying that the kid is getting so much Heisman hype because nobody else is putting up Heisman worthy performances.

:lol:
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
exitflagger
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by exitflagger »

demolition23 wrote:Okay poster #1 is basically saying that because it was done wrong once, it should be done wrong again. Since AP got screwed, this guy should also get screwed to be fair to AP.

Second poster agrees, but is basically saying that the kid is getting so much Heisman hype because nobody else is putting up Heisman worthy performances.

:lol:
Yeah they don't usually just give the Heisman to the best player, do they? That doesn't seem fair.

I have no idea why Muchacho even bothers saying anything. Everything he says is diametrically wrong. Even the quarterback comment. RG3 and Cam Newton are both having spectacular pro careers so far.
ImageImage
Drunk Mazeraturd wrote: ...but hes going to run and hes going to win.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

I don't think it should be about who will be the better pro although to call Newton's career "spectacular" at this point is ridiculous.

I also don't think it should be about who is the qb with the best stats. If Manti Te'o wasn't on ND they mighty be 8-3. If Johnny Football wasn't on Texas A & M they might have only 1 more loss than they have now.

I've been tired of the qb bias for years. There are 11 spots on each side of the ball. Fuck this award, bring on 1-7-13.
BodyBagz
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by BodyBagz »

Well, say hello to the newest SEC Champions...The University of Alabama Crimson Tide! 8)

That was a hell of a game...that was what last years BCS Championship game should have looked like between Bama and LSU. This game was a true SEC defense driven game. Both team played well, but someone will always have to lose, and this time it was Georgia who falls to the mighty Tide...

Now, on to Miami and Notre Dame...see if Bama can do back-to-back Championships...Roll Tide Roll....
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington
Sixx6Sixx

Post by Sixx6Sixx »

Holy shit, my heart is pounding something fierce! :shock: Why couldn't we have just gotten that first down and ended it there insted of giving me a heart attack like that! lol At least it had a happy ending. Now to prepare for the National Championship game. The Irish need not apply...for a championship ring, that is. :wink: ROLL TIDE!!!
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

GA will have nightmares about this game until they face Bama again.

I only watched the final 6 minutes or so. Enough to see Bama throw
the game winning TD pass and watch GA fail at time management.

I feel bad for the GA receiver who caught the ball on the final play.

Why didn't the QB spike with ball with 15 seconds remaining?
No reason to run a play right there.
Spike the ball
Huddle up and then run a good play.
BodyBagz

Post by BodyBagz »

Machado wrote:GA will have nightmares about this game until they face Bama again.

I only watched the final 6 minutes or so. Enough to see Bama throw
the game winning TD pass and watch GA fail at time management.

I feel bad for the GA receiver who caught the ball on the final play.

Why didn't the QB spike with ball with 15 seconds remaining?
No reason to run a play right there.

Spike the ball
Huddle up and then run a good play.
Mark Richt addressed that...it was he himself who made the call to go for an actual shot at the goal instead of spiking the ball. Unfortunately, the tipped ball was tipped perfectly into the hands of a Georgia player who was still 3 or so yards short...just a bad break in general.

Georgia played a hell of a game, no doubt about it. Notre Dame would have just as hard a time with the Dawgs as they will have with the Tide. This was the most evenly matched game, regardless of Conference, all year this year. Bama and Georgia were almost exact copies of each other based on all game/team stats...
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

Bama lost to a Freshman QB. The Tide ain't what they used to be.
BodyBagz

Post by BodyBagz »

bane wrote:Bama lost to a Freshman QB. The Tide ain't what they used to be.
Well, say what you will, but they sure as hell are playing for the National Championship again...

Hard to be really upset with losing to Texas A&M and their freshman QB when he has had the kind of season he has had...I mean really, he isnt a Heisman contender because he is cute. Manziel is a very good quarterback, has great control, great speed and knows how to read a defense...
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

BodyBagz wrote:
bane wrote:Bama lost to a Freshman QB. The Tide ain't what they used to be.
Well, say what you will, but they sure as hell are playing for the National Championship again...

Hard to be really upset with losing to Texas A&M and their freshman QB when he has had the kind of season he has had...I mean really, he isnt a Heisman contender because he is cute. Manziel is a very good quarterback, has great control, great speed and knows how to read a defense...
OU has to face this kid in the Cotton Bowl.
Only Bowl game to be played on Jan 4th. Televised by Fox.

I have not seen the QB play 1 snap all year, but from what I have heard
the kid has loads of talent and a nightmare for D Coordinators.
BodyBagz

Post by BodyBagz »

Machado wrote: OU has to face this kid in the Cotton Bowl.
Only Bowl game to be played on Jan 4th. Televised by Fox.

I have not seen the QB play 1 snap all year, but from what I have heard
the kid has loads of talent and a nightmare for D Coordinators.
This kid is the real deal. He and LSU`s Zach Mettenberger have caused the most trouble as far as passing against Alabama all year. Manziel is the only reason that Texas A&M managed to beat Alabama this year...any other quarterback and Bama would have came out on top. Manziel kept the Alabama defense on the field longer, and in turn, wore them down into playing far too loosely to be effective at the end of the game. Also, A&M`s defense isnt too shabby either, they basically kept the Bama running game in check, as well as knocking McCarron out of his comfort zone and forcing him to throw his 1st and 2nd interceptions in close to 400 completions...they played great football period!

Had Texas A&M been in any other conference this year, they would have been playing for a Conference Title..thats just how good they are. Look for them to come out swinging again next year...
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

If there's something cooler than seeing the army/navy cadets in their formals in a huge stadium someone should say what it is.

$tevil
Alabama Slammer

Post by Alabama Slammer »

johnk5150 wrote:If there's something cooler than seeing the army/navy cadets in their formals in a huge stadium someone should say what it is.
Without a doubt. Having been to a Super Bowl, the Army-Navy game is #1 on the Bucket List. Actually, it's always been #1. The Super Bowl was #2.
Redman77
Beer & Titty King

Post by Redman77 »

johnk5150 wrote:If there's something cooler than seeing the army/navy cadets in their formals in a huge stadium someone should say what it is.

A stadium full of nude playboy and penthouse models?
saracapri wrote: It's true. I'm wild for buttsex.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Redman77 wrote:

A stadium full of nude playboy and penthouse models?
That's known as my dream audience.

$tevil
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

And this is why I will always stick up for the South, even though I grew up in the Northeast.

http://southerngameday.com/2012/12/roll ... tal-dream/
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

From ESPN.COM

Former Ohio State running back Maurice Clarett boasted of making plenty of money in college and described a life of guns and drugs that landed him in prison after school, according to a book released recently.

Clarett is currently playing in the UFL for the Omaha Nighthawks, whose coach in 2011 was Joe Moglia. During training camp he instituted team dinners and had each player and coach take turns standing up and sharing his life story. Forbes' Monte Burke followed Moglia around for his book "4th and Goal: One Man's Quest to Recapture His Dream," and captured Clarett's story to his teammates.

Clarett's early life was dominated by football, which he described as his first love, trouble off the field, which included spending time in juvenile detention for breaking and entering. Despite the trouble, he became a star running back in high school and ended up at Ohio State.

According to excerpts of the book obtained by Deadspin, Clarett's double life continued there. He gained 175 yards and had three touchdowns in his first game in 2002 and helped lead the Buckeyes to the national championship. But he wasn't living the typical life of a college kid.

"I took golf, fishing, and softball as classes," Clarett said, according to the excerpt. "Away from class, anything you can think of I did in my 13 months at Ohio State."

He described doing drugs and chasing women. He claimed to own three cars, including a new Cadillac and Lexus.

"I was living the NFL life in college," he said in the book. "I got paid more in college than I do now in the UFL."

His off-field issues eventually derailed his playing career, as Clarett was suspended for receiving improper benefits and then filed a phony police report claiming $10,000 in goods had been stolen from him. He tried to flee to the NFL, but league rules prevented him from entering the draft after just one year in college. He sued but lost.

And then Clarett's life really unraveled. According to the book, he turned to drugs and alcohol. "I would ride around in my car carrying life sentences, with pounds of weed and bricks of cocaine," he said, according to the excerpt on Deadspin.

Nonetheless, he was drafted by the Broncos in 2005. Partying too much at night, he was cut before the end of training camp. Back in Columbus, Ohio, he says: "I was popping pills and getting paranoid. I was robbing everyone I knew."

He was arrested in 2006 for allegedly robbing a man at gunpoint. He tried to pay the man off, but it didn't work. He was headed to trial and most likely to jail.

So according to the book, a desperate Clarett drank half a bottle of vodka one night, put on a bulletproof vest, grabbed a loaded assault rifle and three handguns and headed off to the man's house. He didn't make it there. A missed exit and U-turn resulted in his arrest and a seven-year prison sentence.

Clarett said that prison turned his life around. "I cleared my head, away from the drugs and drinking," he said, according to he excerpt on Deadspin. "Suffering causes you to mature."

He doesn't glorify prison, however.

"Contrary to popular belief, prison does not give you street cred. Anyone who glorifies it is an idiot," he said, according to the book. "It only lets your dumb ass know that you got caught doing something wrong."

Clarett read 150 books in prison, covering many classics, and started to study the financial markets. He started a blog on his life and was released early for good behavior.

Clarett tried out for the Nighthawks in 2010 and made the team, despite not being in top shape. And then he was at the dinner in 2011, telling a story that silenced the room. He knows that it's a teaching moment.

"I don't want people to say Don't be like Maurice Clarett,'" he said. according to the excerpt. "In fact, I want the opposite. I want people to see me now and say they want to be like me. And I'm working every day to earn that."
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

I guess the QB controversy for Texas is over now. :lol:
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

OU didn't have a chance against Johnny Football last night.
I don't know where the kid gets his quickness, his deception and his poise from, but he looks nothing like a Freshman QB.
Nobody on OU was able to tackle him in the open field. He faked out
all the defenders and made the Cotton Bowl appear like a video game.
itwalksboyfriend
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by itwalksboyfriend »

HMMMMMMMMMMM........I love me some hot testosterone filled college boiz!
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Kids going back to school tomorrow. Do I screw up my 7 year olds equilibrium and let him watch the whole game tonight? Who knows if ND ever makes it back to this game again soon.

$tevil
Sixx6Sixx

Post by Sixx6Sixx »

In case I forgot to say it earlier, ROLL THE HELL TIDE!!! :mrgreen:
Sixx6Sixx

Post by Sixx6Sixx »

So, how about them Irish? :lol:
BodyBagz

Post by BodyBagz »

Roll Tide Roll...repeating BCS National Champions! 8)