The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Re: NFL 2012 Thread, Bitches!!!!

Post by poizond13 »

Further analysis of the Ravens game:

The game was lost by the Broncos defense. However, it's obvious to me that Peyton Manning is not the same QB he was 5 years ago. While he still played a great overall game and is still the best QB in the NFL today, some facets of his game are missing or in decline. For example, I didn't see the Broncos attempt ANY down field passes all game. Not one. Deep throws were once a major part of Peyton's game, now they're non-existent. Second, his mobility and pocket presence seem down a bit. Obviously he was never a scrambling QB, but I always thought his ability to move within the pocket and avoid the rush was second to none. He's still pretty good at it, but again, not the same as 5 years ago. On the last pick, it was just a bad decision. However, I think the old Peyton had enough arm strength to make that throw. The Peyton of 2013 had no chance, and he should have known that.

Again, I still would take Peyton over any other QB in the game today. However, it's clear the signs of aging and the effects of his rehabilitation are there. On the positive side, he did make some absolutely beautiful throws and kept the Broncos in the game despite a horrible defensive performance.
DISCLAIMER: The below images were forced upon me against my will by the moderator and are NOT of my choosing.

sin
Headlining Clubs

Post by sin »

I need to find a job that doesn't have me work overtime in January. I was shocked when my wife text me the final of Bal @ Den!
scarred but smarter
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

DISCLAIMER: The below images were forced upon me against my will by the moderator and are NOT of my choosing.

TawnyVonJagger
Fuck The Yankees

Post by TawnyVonJagger »

Ugh.

Go Texans.
Fuck sigs.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

Kaepernick OWNED Rodgers. Case closed!!

NeverSurrender
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by NeverSurrender »

poizond13 wrote:Further analysis of the Ravens game:

The game was lost by the Broncos defense. However, it's obvious to me that Peyton Manning is not the same QB he was 5 years ago. While he still played a great overall game and is still the best QB in the NFL today, some facets of his game are missing or in decline. For example, I didn't see the Broncos attempt ANY down field passes all game. Not one. Deep throws were once a major part of Peyton's game, now they're non-existent. Second, his mobility and pocket presence seem down a bit. Obviously he was never a scrambling QB, but I always thought his ability to move within the pocket and avoid the rush was second to none. He's still pretty good at it, but again, not the same as 5 years ago. On the last pick, it was just a bad decision. However, I think the old Peyton had enough arm strength to make that throw. The Peyton of 2013 had no chance, and he should have known that.

Again, I still would take Peyton over any other QB in the game today. However, it's clear the signs of aging and the effects of his rehabilitation are there. On the positive side, he did make some absolutely beautiful throws and kept the Broncos in the game despite a horrible defensive performance.
Nobody is going to read that. Nobody.
*flick*
Wants to Sniff the Mod's G-String

Post by *flick* »

poizond13 wrote:At this point Kaepernick is twice the QB Manning is. Case closed!!
nycrue wrote:Magic Wand Original ‏@HitachiMagic 14 Feb 12
RT @hollywoodrose: the more I look at dating websites the more I know its gonna be just me and my @HitachiMagic for my whole life
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

Joe Montana: 63.2%, 40551 Yards, 273 TD, 139 INT
Peyton Manning: 65.2%, 59487 yards, 436 TD, 209 INT

As you can see, the STATS overwhelmingly favor Peyton in every category other than INT.

PWNED!!!!

poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I just KNEW your argument couldn't rely on STATS.

Did you know Trent Dilfer also has more rings than Dan Marino? Was he a better QB???

poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

poizond13 wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

I just KNEW your argument couldn't rely on STATS.

Did you know Trent Dilfer also has more rings than Dan Marino? Was he a better QB???

UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

News quote: The winning score was set up by Corey Graham's second interception of Peyton Manning. The Ravens converted 17 points off three Denver turnovers. Wasn't all three turn overs from Manning? *cough cough*
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

With all the coaches and staff in the NFL someone on the same team as Peyton would know....

poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

That last INT was PeyDerp. Wonder if Peyton calls up Eli after post season games asking for pointers?
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Denver could probably get Tim Bow back at a good rate, have PeyINTon play the regular season then let Timmy win at least a playoff game. Or hire Tebow to coach Peyton during the post season, you know, teach him about RB's and how not to throw 40+ times a game or make interceptions/turnovers under pressure.

If Peyton didn't always audible out of running plays, he'd be Dave Craig.
Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Facedown »

poizond13 wrote:Peyton Manning is STILL the greatest of all time!
Never was, never will be. But hey, don't feel bad.
He tied an NFL record yesterday. One more to add to his illustrious career:
Tied Brett Favre for MOST PLAYOFF LOSSES IN NFL HISTORY!

Sorry Denver but now he's 0-4 in cold games and 1-5 after a bye. Not a good fit there.
Your best bet is a 4 seed with away games somewhere down south.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

I didn't make any picks this week. I think many of us saw the Broncos cruising past an over-the-hill Ravens d. Well, lol, that was not what happened. I thought the 49ers would win, but not like that. What will today bring? Seattle has been playing better than anyone in the league, but there is a reason Atlanta locked up homefield (lets ask Peyton how important that is:) ) and I can't see Houston winning in Foxboro. Time will tell!
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

poizond13 wrote:What a game. WHAT A GAME. I'm disappointed about the ending because that throw was very un- Peyton like. I have never seen him make such a poor decision in a crucial spot. However, that game should have never gotten to overtime. The Broncos pathetic defense blew it, and John Fox's conservative play calling was a joke.

Having said that, I was not rooting for either team, I was just hoping for a good game, and I sure as hell got that! I am a Peyton Manning fan obviously, but I had a hard time rooting for him in Denver's colors. He was great all game until that last throw. Baltimore deserved the victory, they just played with more heart.

Peyton Manning is STILL the greatest of all time!
You mean like the Pick-6 Manning threw in the Superbowl that cost his team a chance to win against New Orleans? Or the 3 INTs he threw to Ty Law (and a 4th to Rodney Harrison) in the AFC Championship Game (1/18/04), a game in which he finished with a sizzling 35.5 Rating?

The only reason that game went into OT last night was because of special teams. Manning had 3 TD's, but 2 INTs and a lost fumble for an 88.3 Rating. When a QB has as many turnovers as TD's his team usually loses.

Manning is not the same player when the weather gets colder and the games get bigger: 9-11 record, 31 TDs vs 21 INTs, and an 88 Rating. Is he one of the best to play the game? Sure. Is he the best, or even Top 5 at this point? No.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Facedown wrote:
poizond13 wrote:Peyton Manning is STILL the greatest of all time!
Never was, never will be. But hey, don't feel bad.
He tied an NFL record yesterday. One more to add to his illustrious career:
Tied Brett Favre for MOST PLAYOFF LOSSES IN NFL HISTORY!

Sorry Denver but now he's 0-4 in cold games and 1-5 after a bye. Not a good fit there.
Your best bet is a 4 seed with away games somewhere down south.
Who lets Torrey Smith get behind them thrice?
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

John Fox is retarded.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

johnk5150 wrote:John Fox is retarded.
Taking a knee with 30 seconds left in regulation was pretty weak. They should have taken a shot downfield. But Fox probably knew Manning's record in the playoffs and figured he'd throw another Pick-6.
:lol:
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

SkyDog112046 wrote:
Taking a knee with 30 seconds left in regulation was pretty weak. They should have taken a shot downfield. But Fox probably knew Manning's record in the playoffs and figured he'd throw another Pick-6.
:lol:
John Fox built a solid reputation taking a pretty average roster in Carolina and making them, for the most part, competitive. Then the wheels came off in his final season. Critics said that was anomaly and any team would be lucky to land him. Last season he won a playoff game with Godawful QB play from Tebow. This season he seemed poised to cruise to the Super Bowl. One and done really hurts his rep. If the Bronco don't rebound next year and take it to the next step, Fox is done as an NFL HC.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Here's Timmy's big brother Peter defending his lil brother.

I bet you Timmy thinks the same way about alot of stuff but he has to put on that "Gosh fellas I just want to be a good teammate and I love everybody" boyish bullshit.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2 ... l-playoffs
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Reminded me of Dennis Green in 1998 against the Falcons in the championship game.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

27-7 Atlanta with 2 minutes left in the 3rd. That 7+ minute scoring drive by Atlanta should be a backbreaker. It's looking like SF @ Atl next week. Should be a good game.

I haven't seen too much of Atlanta this year other than at the end of the season after they had everything wrapped up. But I've seen several of the San Fran games. That San Fran D is good, and playing on carpet is going to make them faster.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

Looks like Atlanta forgot there was a 4th quarter and let their foot off the gas. That was one of the worst throws by Ryan into double coverage. All they really needed to do there was go down the field, take a little time off the clock, and tack on a FG to go up 3 scores and this thing would have been all but over. I haven't seen much of Atlanta this year - are they a "low football IQ" team?
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

Wow, turned out to be a close one!
WTF was Atlanta thinking with that squib kick with 6 seconds left? They should have booted it through the end zone and made Seattle take a hail mary from the 20.
sin
Headlining Clubs

Post by sin »

It was fun while it lasted.
scarred but smarter
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

Seahawks remind me of the Kardiac Kids from my youth. My God, those Browns teams were fun to watch! But they couldn't get past the Raiders in a crucial playoff game...
WhiteHouseSubsAC

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

Eagles interviewed Brian Billick for their head coaching job for 8 hours yesterday.

Please God, no.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:Eagles interviewed Brian Billick for their head coaching job for 8 hours yesterday.

Please God, no.
Nobody wants to coach those primma donnas with the fans yelling shit about their family problems and throwing batteries.