The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Re: NFL 2012 Thread, Bitches!!!!

Post by poizond13 »

Machado wrote: Career
Dallas Cowboys 5 SB Victories only 3 losses
Colts 2 wins and 2 losses
It's 2013, and no one cares what the Cowboys did 20 years ago and beyond. They care that the Cowboys are a terrible team with a terrible owner, and a mediocre roster, that is is going nowhere fast. :lol:
DISCLAIMER: The below images were forced upon me against my will by the moderator and are NOT of my choosing.

SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

I hate the extra week between the Conference games and the Superbowl. The Pro Bowl is the absolute worst allstar game in sports, and the extra media hype before the SB takes away from the game itself. We can really do without all the story lines and the over-analysis.

I think this year's Superbowl has the potential to be a good game. I think the key to the game will be how Baltimore's linebackers can handle Kaepernick's mobility. The need for them to stay in the box to keep Kaepernick from taking off could open up the intermediate passing game. It wouldn't surprise me to see them trying to create mis-matches around Lewis. I think the score will be something like 24-21 San Fran.
sin
Headlining Clubs

Post by sin »

Whats the Senior bowl like? I have never watched one before but for some reason this year I want to. I watched the East West game last week until half time and it bored the hell out of me.
scarred but smarter
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

^
If the East/West game bored you to death than the Senior Bowl will too, my advice would be find something else to do.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Crazy Levi wrote:
poizond13 wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote:You don't live in Indianoplace, Gregg.

Why are you so proud of the Indy 500?

I might as well puff up my chest about the Tour De France.
You don't have to live in Indy to be proud of the 500. People from all around the world love the Indy 500. I attend not just the Indy 500 every year, but also qualifying, pole day, and the various other festivities leading up to the race. Harbaugh is right, it is the greatest sporting event in the world. It's also the largest, by attendance, and has been going on for over 100 years.
Uh, ok.

Great.

I'm gonna start spamming the NFL thread about the Cherry Blossom Festival, Taco Tuesdays at Azteca's, and of course New Orleans' fabulous Po-Boy Fest.

These are all important, historic events that everybody here should know about.
You forgot one Levi, in Sulpher Ok. every year they have weenie dog races I'd put those dogs against the Indy 500 cars anyday of the week.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

eddie lee roth wrote:^
If the East/West game bored you to death than the Senior Bowl will too, my advice would be find something else to do.
Watching paint dry would be more entertaining than most football-related alllstar games. There's more hard hits at a chess tournament.
johnk5150
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by johnk5150 »

sin wrote:Whats the Senior bowl like? I have never watched one before but for some reason this year I want to. I watched the East West game last week until half time and it bored the hell out of me.
The game itself isn't nearly as important as the week of practice leading up to it. For the scouts anyway.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
Luminiferous
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Luminiferous »

The Pro Bowl is one of the lamest excuses for a televised sporting event in America..

It's a wonder it's not a flag football competition..
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

Luminiferous wrote:The Pro Bowl is one of the lamest excuses for a televised sporting event in America..

Flag football has more contact.
:lol:
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

I saw the Titans hired Gregg Williams this weekend to asst. head coach.

I know Jeff Fisher hired him to be the def. coordinator at the start of the season for the Rams a move I thought was weird since Goodell had suspended him but I don't ever remember Fisher letting him go.

Any of you guys know the story on this?
AliceManson
Headlining Clubs

Post by AliceManson »

eddie lee roth wrote:I saw the Titans hired Gregg Williams this weekend to asst. head coach.

I know Jeff Fisher hired him to be the def. coordinator at the start of the season for the Rams a move I thought was weird since Goodell had suspended him but I don't ever remember Fisher letting him go.

Any of you guys know the story on this?

The Rams let him go right after her was suspended, and the Titans didn't hire him yet because he is still suspended, Goodell didn't lift the suspension yet but allowed him to look for work.
EatTheGlass wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:26 am I'd bet my house that Grohl shuts the Foos down now
Nibbler wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:33 pm Looks like Alex has shitcanned the Van Hagar remasters.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Oh ok I thought Fisher hired him after the suspension which was so weird to me and I don't remember hearing anything about him being let go.

I was checking out some ESPN this morning and I could have swore I heard them say the Titans have already hired him.

Either way Goodell needs to reinstate him and just move on from this mess.
Luminiferous
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Luminiferous »

SkyDog112046 wrote:
Luminiferous wrote:The Pro Bowl is one of the lamest excuses for a televised sporting event in America..

Flag football has more contact.
:lol:
The referee's have a better chance of getting injured in the Pro Bowl..
sin
Headlining Clubs

Post by sin »

I'm normally bored of the pro-bowl thirty minutes into it, but this year it was actually entertaining and fun. They actually put some effort into it. Oh and Andrew Luck sucked, not that the rest of the AFC did any better.
scarred but smarter
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Niners are in New Orleans. Lets do this.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

^
Not only that but we're just a few days away from having lil pp wear his scarlet letter. :lol:
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

eddie lee roth wrote:^
Not only that but we're just a few days away from having lil pp wear his scarlet letter. :lol:
Oh that old thing?

He couldn't care less about that bet or the Rookie of the Year award...which is of course why he spend literally a million keystrokes going on about both things for the last three months.

Because he couldn't care less.

:lol: :lol:

But he's already taking bets for next season apparently (although I couldn't help but notice he's afraid to take Bane up on his Texans as 2013 Division Champs challenge despite constantly saying they'll be one and...uh I guess now it's two...and done). Anyone else want to step up and humiliate him next season? He's on lease - I own him only for the first half of 2013.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

johnk5150 wrote:Niners are in New Orleans. Lets do this.
a co worker paid $2,000 for 1 ticket to the SB.

the ticket arrived today via Fed Ex.

very cool
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Machado wrote:

very cool
Yes, get ins seem to be at about $2,000 right now.

I predict this will fall to about $1,000 come Sunday.

Did you see the ticket? Is it all hologrammed and super cool? What is the face value?

I actually harbor hopes of attending - a relative is trying to score a couple freebies for me and there is a realistic chance of this happening. Should know by end of today.
HMJ
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by HMJ »

All my friends are renting their houses out for like 1,000 a night. One dude I work with at my bar is getting $4,000 for 4 nights. Insane.
"FUN'S OVER."
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Former 49ers and Raiders offensive tackle Kwame Harris, who was arrested at a restaurant in Menlo Park on Aug. 21 after allegedly assaulting his ex-boyfriend was charged with felony abuse Monday, according to San Mateo County prosecutors. Harris pleaded not guilty.

Chief Deputy Dist. Atty. Karen Guidotti told the San Mateo Daily Journal that Harris and the alleged victim had been in a romantic relationship but were not involved at the time of the incident. Harris’ attorney, Alin Cintean, told the newspaper the two "were previously involved."

Harris and Dimitri Geier were having dinner before Harris was to drive Geier to San Francisco International Airport. During dinner, Geier poured soy sauce on a plate of rice, angering Harris. When the two went to get Geier's belongings from Harris' car, Harris accused Geier of stealing his underwear and tried pulling his pants down.

Geier tried to get away, and Harris allegedly shook him and punched him in the face. Geier had to have surgery to repair broken orbital bones in his face. Harris claims Geier punched him first.

“This really is a pure self-defense case. He was attacked,” Cintean said.

Harris was a first-round pick of the 49ers in 2003. He played in 86 NFL games before retiring after the 2008 season.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

HMJ wrote:All my friends are renting their houses out for like 1,000 a night. One dude I work with at my bar is getting $4,000 for 4 nights. Insane.
You sure about this? This kinda bullshit always gets hyped up but in the end most of the people thinking they are gonna get rich end up disappointed. I remember for the Obama innaugural in 2009 this stuff happened with every homeowner in the DC area thinking they were going to clean up, in the end it didn't happen.

Regardless - hate to brag but I'm going to the Super Bowl. Kinda free tickets too (we are getting two for free and buying a third). Not too shabby, eh?

Tempted to stay through Mardi Gras but I can't take a week in February. Doing Friday night through Tuesday. Staying for free with friends, though maybe I'll have to crash on HMJ's couch and see if he's really a sociopath.

Nominally rooting for the Ravens as I'll be with Ravens fans, and hey, they are one of two teams who play in my home state of Maryland. Super Bowl has always been bucket list for me, and I'll always take a trip to New Orleans so I'm really psyched.
Last edited by Crazy Levi on Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Crazy Levi wrote:
Machado wrote:

very cool
Yes, get ins seem to be at about $2,000 right now.

I predict this will fall to about $1,000 come Sunday.

Did you see the ticket? Is it all hologrammed and super cool? What is the face value?

I actually harbor hopes of attending - a relative is trying to score a couple freebies for me and there is a realistic chance of this happening. Should know by end of today.
I had the ticket in my hand. There was a hologram. How did you know?
Face value was $950
I think the section was 638. Upper deck, in the end zone
Totally cool to have a SB ticket in hand.
sin
Headlining Clubs

Post by sin »

Crazy Levi wrote:
HMJ wrote:All my friends are renting their houses out for like 1,000 a night. One dude I work with at my bar is getting $4,000 for 4 nights. Insane.
You sure about this? This kinda bullshit always gets hyped up but in the end most of the people thinking they are gonna get rich end up disappointed. I remember for the Obama innaugural in 2009 this stuff happened with every homeowner in the DC area thinking they were going to clean up, in the end it didn't happen.

Regardless - hate to brag but I'm going to the Super Bowl. Kinda free tickets too (we are getting two for free and buying a third). Not too shabby, eh?

Tempted to stay through Mardi Gras but I can't take a week in February. Doing Friday night through Tuesday. Staying for free with friends, though maybe I'll have to crash on HMJ's couch and see if he's really a sociopath.

Nominally rooting for the Ravens as I'll be with Ravens fans, and hey, they are one of two teams who play in my home state of Maryland. Super Bowl has always been bucket list for me, and I'll always take a trip to New Orleans so I'm really psyched.
You may have just become the most hated man in the locker room. But anyway congratulations, I'm sure its on all of our bucket lists.
scarred but smarter
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

sin wrote: You may have just become the most hated man in the locker room. But anyway congratulations, I'm sure its on all of our bucket lists.
It all came together in a big way today. This is huge.

Too bad the Redskins aren't in it. That'll be next season, in the freezing cold of the Meadowlands.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco didn't mask his feelings Monday when he was asked about the NFL's championship being decided next year at MetLife Stadium, the first outdoor Super Bowl at a cold-weather site.

I think it's retarded. I probably shouldn't say that. I think it's stupid. If you want a Super Bowl, put a retractable dome on your stadium.
"Other than that I don't really like the idea. I don't think people would react very well to it, or be glad to play anybody in that kind of weather," he said.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

He's right. It's a stupid idea.
WhiteHouseSubsAC

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

Crazy Levi wrote:He's right. It's a stupid idea.
It's a fun idea for die hard fans. However, for the most part those aren't the people attending that game. It's funny to hear Joe Flacco being a pussy about playing in the cold.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

The Superbowl needs to be held at Lambeau Field. It's football mecca. Don't care if the stadium is too small or doesn't have the proper facilities nearby. Don't care if there's a possibility that it could be -30 with the windchill at game time. Don't care that a bunch of pussies would whine about it. The game that awards the Lombardi Trophy ought to be played at least once at the stadium where he made his mark. And I really hope that the 2014 game features freezing cold weather and a nasty snow storm - the type of weather that was made for playoff football.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Super Bowl ticket scam:
49ers fan wires $5,900, gets only 'Go Ravens!' note