The Never Ending MMA thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Re: The Never Ending MMA thread

Post by tin00can »

John Simon Ritchie wrote:Roy Nelson, you dope. Sad display.

Yeah, there's gonna be an earthquake from all the people jumping off his bandwagon after that fight.

Agree with everybody else about the rest of the fights, pretty boring for the most part. I can't even remember who fought in most of them.
John Simon Ritchie
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by John Simon Ritchie »

tin00can wrote:
John Simon Ritchie wrote:Roy Nelson, you dope. Sad display.

Yeah, there's gonna be an earthquake from all the people jumping off his bandwagon after that fight.

Agree with everybody else about the rest of the fights, pretty boring for the most part. I can't even remember who fought in most of them.

He's become Tank Abbott Pt. ll :wink:
Mofo needs to start working on his sub game again.
"I was looking for that great jazz note that destroyed the walls of Jericho." - The Clash, The Sound Of Sinners
caroline
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by caroline »

No discussion of Dana White's interview blasting Steve Mazzagatti?

http://youtu.be/SAYq_xPVtp8
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

caroline wrote:No discussion of Dana White's interview blasting Steve Mazzagatti?

http://youtu.be/SAYq_xPVtp8
White has it in for Mazzagatti. Any chance he gets, he rips the guy.
Because of his comments, Dana at times does not come off like a guy
that runs a hugely successful business.
He needs to monitor himself.
slash4pres
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by slash4pres »

The best time he ripped into Maz was when there were a couple bad calls on a card that Maz wasn't even reffing on, and Dana still made fun of him.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

slash4pres wrote:The best time he ripped into Maz was when there were a couple bad calls on a card that Maz wasn't even reffing on, and Dana still made fun of him.
Was he called out on that?
caroline
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by caroline »

yeahbuddy wrote:Because of his comments, Dana at times does not come off like a guy that runs a hugely successful business.
That was my first thought, too. I know he has a persona he likes to reinforce, but as the president of a multi-million dollar business that keeps fighting to be taken seriously, he shoots himself in the foot when calling a referee a "fucking toolbox." And I haven't ever thought Mazzagatti was a bad ref. If anything, I have a problem with Herb Dean.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

caroline wrote:
yeahbuddy wrote:Because of his comments, Dana at times does not come off like a guy that runs a hugely successful business.
That was my first thought, too. I know he has a persona he likes to reinforce, but as the president of a multi-million dollar business that keeps fighting to be taken seriously, he shoots himself in the foot when calling a referee a "fucking toolbox." And I haven't ever thought Mazzagatti was a bad ref. If anything, I have a problem with Herb Dean.
What makes it even worse is the other guys that also run the ufc say absolutely nothing.

I didn't think Mazzagatti did anything wrong. Finch had/has a rep of a fighter that doesn't get choked out & you really couldn't tell he had gone limp until the very last second before the fighter let him go. I don't think there was person that watched the fight that wasn't surprised that happened.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

You guys think Weidman has any chance of beating the Spider?
He's got great wrestling skills, but Silva always pulls something
out of his hat. It should be interesting.
slash4pres
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by slash4pres »

I'd say he has a better chance than most of Silva's past opponents. I mean, I thought for sure Silva would demolish Sonnen in the 1st round in their first fight, and he was a minute and a half away from being champion. Weidman's last two fights were impressive, he demolished Munoz and gutted out a hard fight against Maia who was a top ten middleweight with a full training camp, and he had about 10 days to prepare, most of which was spent cutting weight. It was an ugly fight, but still impressive. If he has the cardio to attack Silva with takedowns relentlessly like Chael did in the first fight then he may win. I think Roger Gracie even said recently that Weidman could submit anyone, even himself.
John Simon Ritchie

I bet he has a good chance of catching a front kick to the face. :P
"I was looking for that great jazz note that destroyed the walls of Jericho." - The Clash, The Sound Of Sinners
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

John Simon Ritchie wrote:I bet he has a good chance of catching a front kick to the face. :P
That's what I meant about pulling something out his hat. He always does something where I say to myself "wow"!

I hope Weidman just goes in full force & wants to fight like Sonnen. Too many fighters are tentative & cautious with Silva.
slash4pres
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by slash4pres »

Anderson KO
Edgar Decision
Gracie Sub
Munoz Decision
Swanson KO

I also suspect Dave Herman will get choked out. It's kind of funny that ever since his "JiuJitsu doesn't work" comment before the Einemo fight, he's been matched with nothing but BJJ blackbelts and/or someone who's a killer on the ground (Big Country, Struve, Big Nog) and now Gonzaga.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

The majority are saying Silva is going to lose.
I dont know about that.
I love Anderson Silva but would like to see him lose.
Like all of his fights I will be nervous once the main
event fighters come out of the tunnel to the octagon.
nakedmadman
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by nakedmadman »

OK, this is just nuts.
http://www.mmaweekly.com/roy-jones-jr-i ... n-mma-bout

Jones needs to keep his mouth shut unless he's commentating on HBO. If he gets into a ring with Anderson Silva, he's going to get destroyed. If he gets into a cage with Anderson, under MMA rules, being knocked out might be the least of his worries.
roxxxtar
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by roxxxtar »

I don't want to dig through 71 pages to find it, but I know it's here. What are the websites that stream the ppv?
nakedmadman

Post by nakedmadman »

http://www.vipbox.tv/

Can usually get stuff like that here.
roxxxtar
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by roxxxtar »

nakedmadman wrote:http://www.vipbox.tv/

Can usually get stuff like that here.

Thanks for this. It's working great.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

WOW!!!!!!!!!
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Leppardmania

Post by Leppardmania »

Silva got what he deserved for clowning around like that....what a fucking moron!

RambOWNED!!!
MotorVenom
Forming a Band

Post by MotorVenom »

He deserved that! :D
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

Post by EddieVanHeineken »

A good night of fights all around... Except the Kennedy Gracie fight. I have no doubt silva could have won. I'm glad that weidman kept his composure and followed his plan. When you clown around you will eventually get caught. It also seemed more like silva is relieved not to have the pressure of defending the title and can now fight who he wants.
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
to increase the population
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
John Simon Ritchie

Leppardmania wrote:Silva got what he deserved for clowning around like that....what a fucking moron!
Yep. Fight like an asshole, get KTFO like an asshole. I still think Weidman was lucky to have caught Silva before Silva caught him in the stand-up game. He got lucky and caught Silva acting like a jack-off instead of fighting.
In a longer, more strategic fight, I think Weidman would have actually been better suited fighting the way he opened the fight (on the ground) as opposed to getting sucked into Silva's game.
But...he clocked him with that left as Silva was doing his usual Matrix routine. Good on 'im.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

Overall a great night of fights.
That Gracie cat looks like he doesn't want to be there. Just carrying on the family name because he has to.
Personally I think that once Weidman got Silva on the ground in round 1 Silva took some shots that he's never taken before & realized how strong Weidman was so he amped up his mind games & it cost him. Cost him big time!!
That look on Silva's face after getting hit & knocked out was right up there with Rashad Evans getting clocked by Machida (I think).

tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

Given his speech after the fight (which may have been to save face, who knows) it appears Silva was looking for somebody to take the belt from him.
slash4pres
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by slash4pres »

Well... that was the outcome I least expected to happen. If you told me yesterday that Andy was going to get knocked out that night, I'd have called you an insane person.
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

Post by EddieVanHeineken »

3rd fight this year I can think of where the person being disrespectful got ktfo.. King mo, overeem, and now silva. Didn't mitrione try that with nelson?
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
to increase the population
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
BodyBagz

Post by BodyBagz »

As much as I like Anderson Silva, I have to admit, it was great to see him get knocked out. I have wanted to see this for at least his last 4 or 5 fights. The silly-ass clowing, IMO, is disrespectful to his opponents. Its the same reason why I really like to see the Diaz Brs get the shit kicked out of them. All are great fighters, but they want to add in "WWE" type bullshit, and ultimately it takes away from their actual skills as fighters.

Conversely, I dont think Weidman stands a half-assed chance in hell of maintaining that belt for more than 1 or 2 defenses. Someone like Chael Sonnen, Rashad Evans or Lyoto Machida will beat him and take it from him...

I personally would love to see Weidman and Chris Leben go at it...Leben`s chin vs Weidmans stamina would make for a great fight I think...
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington
Indy_Rob
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by Indy_Rob »

Does anyone know where the main event can be viewed online? I just did a search and couldn't find it. I know it's gotta be out there somewhere.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

BodyBagz wrote:As much as I like Anderson Silva, I have to admit, it was great to see him get knocked out. I have wanted to see this for at least his last 4 or 5 fights. The silly-ass clowing, IMO, is disrespectful to his opponents. Its the same reason why I really like to see the Diaz Brs get the shit kicked out of them. All are great fighters, but they want to add in "WWE" type bullshit, and ultimately it takes away from their actual skills as fighters.

Conversely, I dont think Weidman stands a half-assed chance in hell of maintaining that belt for more than 1 or 2 defenses. Someone like Chael Sonnen, Rashad Evans or Lyoto Machida will beat him and take it from him...

I personally would love to see Weidman and Chris Leben go at it...Leben`s chin vs Weidmans stamina would make for a great fight I think...
The 3 you mentioned (Sonnen, Evans, Machida) have zero chance against Weidman. Sonnen because he has no striking ability whatsoever & Weidman would do the same thing to Sonnen that he did to Munoz. Evans way past his prime so that fight will never be considered. And Machida is nothing but a counter puncher & Weidman is too smart to play into his boring style of fighting. Besides nobody wants to see a Machida main event fight.
Leben? Really? That's not even worth commenting on.