Sludge Fantasy BB League 2013

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Re: Sludge Fantasy BB League 2013

Post by WOLF »

Actually, looking at the championship matchup, the streaming strategy could very well backfire. WHIP may decide this year's winner, and if any (or several) of those scrubs get racked, that could settle it one way or the other.
McGuirk
Having Slaughter Open for You

Post by McGuirk »

Blumpkin King wrote:
WOLF wrote:/\

This is why there should also be a maximum moves per week rule. Say three transaction per week, or something.
I was not streaming until this guy decided he needed 8 new pitchers in one week. Next year 3 per week max moves. This was fucking dumb. I picked up all these guys so he could not grab more, but he did.

It's a way to win, but not the right way in my opinion. I'll probably play the one guy I already had that was slated to start. If I win I did it right. If not, oh well. Or maybe I'll steam like him. He did not seem to care when I mentioned it on the league message board. If I play all those pitchers I could probably beat him at wins and grab that point.
Why would I grab half the guys you did? Not attractive matchups. Pretty much anyone playing against Houston or Minnesota is a good pickup.

There's always someone in each league who streams regularly, whether it's the regular season or in the playoffs. The best way to counter that is to do it yourself before your opponent does. If we do a weekly limit each year, I have no problem with it. It levels the playing field. But as the weeks dwindle down, schedules get tougher, and guys get tired or approach an innings limit, a manager has to think about replacements.

Anyway, it will be interesting today, as my offense took a shit most of the week, and there are some close categories. Could go either way today.
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

Every league I've ever been in has streamed in the final week.
Sometimes folk do it earlier if desperate enough.

If the rules allow it, it's a problem with the rules, not the players. I'd never get pissy with the players. It's all in the game unless the rules say otherwise.

WOLF and I had an epic 15 starters each final last year if I recall correctly. :lol:
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

demolition23 wrote:Every league I've ever been in has streamed in the final week.
Sometimes folk do it earlier if desperate enough.

If the rules allow it, it's a problem with the rules, not the players. I'd never get pissy with the players. It's all in the game unless the rules say otherwise.

WOLF and I had an epic 15 starters each final last year if I recall correctly. :lol:
At the end of the day, we're all competitive and want to win, so long as its within the rules.

When I've streamed I've felt "dirty", but when its Wednesday, and you're losing 9-2, you gotta take a shot.

I say lets simply make a 3 transactions per week limit next year, and then it will come down to managerial talent.... oh, and dumb luck!

Congrats to the playoff winners - it was a fun season, as always.
McGuirk
Having Slaughter Open for You

Post by McGuirk »

Very fun. I was losing up until the end of the Cards/Brewers, I believe. Won it on the regular season tiebreakers.
WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

That's the second time the championship has come down to tiebreakers. Wolf remembers the last time.... :lol:

Great season everyone. Only a few months until pitchers and catchers report!
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:That's the second time the championship has come down to tiebreakers. Wolf remembers the last time.... :lol:

Great season everyone. Only a few months until pitchers and catchers report!
I have no clue what you're talking about. I skunked you 11-0, that one year!