The Never Ending MMA thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Re: The Never Ending MMA thread

Post by yeahbuddy »

Indy_Rob wrote:As much as I like Sonnen, I think he needs to hang it up. Yeah, he doesn't duck anyone, but he's not a realistic contender anymore.
True.
There's not ducking anyone & being competitive, and what Sonnen does.
He needs to stick to his analysis job. He's very good at the pre & post fight shows.
No way should that fight have been listed as a co main event.
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

Post by EddieVanHeineken »

The gsp fight last night was the same as the recent jones fight. I find it curious when people want to weight how a fighters face looks as the determining factor of who won. Jones should have lost to Gus if that was the case. Hendrix won the fight if it was taken as a whole but round to round, it's not outrageous to say Gsp won 1, 3, and 5. Dana's response was very disrespectful towards a fighter whom he said is the consummate professional and does everything they ask. A rational person would have talked to Gsp first to get what he means before spouting off. Gsp comes across as a real person who has some real concerns he wants to address. Give the champ time to get through it and then do the rematch
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
to increase the population
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
jellyheadrobertson
Playing Frat Parties

Post by jellyheadrobertson »

EddieVanHeineken wrote:The gsp fight last night was the same as the recent jones fight. I find it curious when people want to weight how a fighters face looks as the determining factor of who won. Jones should have lost to Gus if that was the case. Hendrix won the fight if it was taken as a whole but round to round, it's not outrageous to say Gsp won 1, 3, and 5. Dana's response was very disrespectful towards a fighter whom he said is the consummate professional and does everything they ask. A rational person would have talked to Gsp first to get what he means before spouting off. Gsp comes across as a real person who has some real concerns he wants to address. Give the champ time to get through it and then do the rematch
When I first watched it, I thought Hendrix won easily, but have just watched it again with no sound. I have to say I agree with you- GSP could have taken 1 3 and 5. It was a very close fight. Rematch needed for sure.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

jellyheadrobertson wrote:
EddieVanHeineken wrote:The gsp fight last night was the same as the recent jones fight. I find it curious when people want to weight how a fighters face looks as the determining factor of who won. Jones should have lost to Gus if that was the case. Hendrix won the fight if it was taken as a whole but round to round, it's not outrageous to say Gsp won 1, 3, and 5. Dana's response was very disrespectful towards a fighter whom he said is the consummate professional and does everything they ask. A rational person would have talked to Gsp first to get what he means before spouting off. Gsp comes across as a real person who has some real concerns he wants to address. Give the champ time to get through it and then do the rematch
When I first watched it, I thought Hendrix won easily, but have just watched it again with no sound. I have to say I agree with you- GSP could have taken 1 3 and 5. It was a very close fight. Rematch needed for sure.

In the big wide world of the internet & all the blogs you two are the only ones that think that.

And I stand by what I wrote earlier, GSP knew he lost the fight & post fight interview with Rogan was just dribbling incoherent bullshit. Even though the fight was over, he knew he lost & was talking like a loser that got a gift. He lost that fight.
Look at their faces. Hendricks didn't have a scratch on his face. And GSP could've passed for Junior Dos Santo's look alike after the Cain fights.
But there you go again, when you are the challenger, do not leave the fight in the hands of the judges.
Cyber Spirit
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by Cyber Spirit »

What were the strike totals?.I thought GSP won 3 and 5 easily.Round 3 in particular,he picked him apart for 4 and a half minutes.When one guy hits like a truck,the other guys face is going to show damage.Hendrix won 3 rounds to 2 in my eyes, but I've seen worse results.
mullet_head
Headlining Clubs

Post by mullet_head »

yeahbuddy wrote:

In the big wide world of the internet & all the blogs you two are the only ones that think that.
The scoring criteria in the unified rules is ridiculous, a round that could go either way is a 10-9 but if you win one in a fairly dominant fashion what do you get? A fuckin 10-9.
You need a Maynard - Edgar type of round to get a 10-8. This shit aint boxing.

So yeah based on the actual scoring criteria I can see how the judges scored this fight for GSP. Hendricks clearly won the fight, but he may have lost 3 out of 2 rounds. Ridiculous, I know.

Watching the fight with no Rogan sound is also a good idea (dude could make you think kosheck won), I did that for the infamous Machida-Shogun and I could see how the winner of a fight can lose a decision.
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

Post by EddieVanHeineken »

yeahbuddy wrote:

And I stand by what I wrote earlier, GSP knew he lost the fight & post fight interview with Rogan was just dribbling incoherent bullshit. Even though the fight was over, he knew he lost & was talking like a loser that got a gift. He lost that fight.
Look at their faces. Hendricks didn't have a scratch on his face. And GSP could've passed for Junior Dos Santo's look alike after the Cain fights.
But there you go again, when you are the challenger, do not leave the fight in the hands of the judges.
I thought hendricks won on first viewing. will have to watch again without rogan. We are definitely not the only people who think this. Read the comments on mma fighting mma junkie etc. visible damage can't be a determining characteristic of a fight. Some people bruise or cut easier than others. Gsp always takes more visible damage in his fights. Look at the after pic for the condit and Diaz fights. For instance, if someone dominates for four rounds then is taken down and elbowed causing cuts and bruising, should he lose the fight? Of course not. That's why it can't be considered. I think the second Henderson Edgar fight was worse than this.
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
to increase the population
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
jellyheadrobertson
Playing Frat Parties

Just saying it was a closer fight than it seemed despite Georges' hamburger face.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Does anyone think that everything from the outcome, to GSP's interview afterwards, to Dana White's reaction, is all a work to have a MONSTER gate, for a rematch, and possibly GSP's retirement match (in Montreal), down the road, say a year from now after GSP takes the hiatus he referred to?

I know that's more of a boxing/pro wrestling scenario, but I don't put anything past Dana White and any Las Vegas run organization, really.

Even folks here in Quebec think GSP lost, but are also shocked White went off the way he did, as GSP has made him a LOT of $ over the years.
jellyheadrobertson
Playing Frat Parties

WOLF wrote:Even folks here in Quebec think GSP lost, but are also shocked White went off the way he did, as GSP has made him a LOT of $ over the years.
Dana rants a lot then he reigns himself back in later. I am surprised that he cut into GSP the way he did. Before the fight, he could not say enough good about GSP- consummate professional and so on.
A last fight in Montreal would be fitting and it should be against Hendricks.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

WOLF wrote:Even folks here in Quebec think GSP lost, but are also shocked White went off the way he did, as GSP has made him a LOT of $ over the years.
Dana rants a lot then he reigns himself back in later. I am surprised that he cut into GSP the way he did. Before the fight, he could not say enough good about GSP- consummate professional and so on.
A last fight in Montreal would be fitting and it should be against Hendricks.
Dana already walked back a bit of what he said.

But then again, I see his point. GSP is the champ, he barely squeaks out a win, and announces he is going to go away for awhile.
Champs don't do that.

I will say it again, I think GSP knew he lost & was mentally somewhere else during postfight interview. He lost the fight, but was given the decision. Talk about a complete reversal.

I will say Hendricks coasted a bit in the 5th rd. His corner told him to keep fighting, take the fight, but Hendricks didn't do it.

Remember when Jones & Gustaffoson fought? Jones came out for the 5th, knowing he had to win the round to win the fight, and came out all heart.
John Simon Ritchie
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by John Simon Ritchie »

EddieVanHeineken wrote:I find it curious when people want to weight how a fighters face looks as the determining factor of who won. Jones should have lost to Gus if that was the case.
A lot of people DO think he lost to Gus. Just sayin'. :P
"I was looking for that great jazz note that destroyed the walls of Jericho." - The Clash, The Sound Of Sinners
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

John Simon Ritchie wrote:
EddieVanHeineken wrote:I find it curious when people want to weight how a fighters face looks as the determining factor of who won. Jones should have lost to Gus if that was the case.
A lot of people DO think he lost to Gus. Just sayin'. :P
Now that's one fight that could've gone either way.
slash4pres
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by slash4pres »

Shane Del Rosario had a cardiovascular attack and is now on life support, not expected to make it through the night.

Damn. That really fucking sucks.

*edit- he was just pronounced dead. On fucking Thanksgiving.
John Simon Ritchie

So...on TUF...
Pennington comes up small against Rakozy (who sports a pro MMA record of 1 win, 3 losses and 1 No Contest. :shock: )
Pena will smash Rakozy in the final, IMO.
"I was looking for that great jazz note that destroyed the walls of Jericho." - The Clash, The Sound Of Sinners
BodyBagz
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by BodyBagz »

slash4pres wrote:Shane Del Rosario had a cardiovascular attack and is now on life support, not expected to make it through the night.

Damn. That really fucking sucks.

*edit- he was just pronounced dead. On fucking Thanksgiving.
Hmmm, seems he is "dead" dead as of yet...http://msn.foxsports.com/ufc/story/ufc- ... ack-112713

"Shane continues to cling to life at Hoag hospital in Newport Beach, CA. After arriving at the emergency room in full cardiac arrest on Tuesday morning he was resuscitated to stable rhythm and blood pressure, but has not regained consciousness. Doctors believe he may suffer from a rare condition called Long QT Syndrome which is a genetic anomaly that can cause a sudden and life threatening heart rhythm abnormality, and may result in sudden death. Tragically, it strikes healthy young people and often is the first and only presentation of a heart problem."
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

John Simon Ritchie wrote:So...on TUF...
Pennington comes up small against Rakozy (who sports a pro MMA record of 1 win, 3 losses and 1 No Contest. :shock: )

Good calls.

Man, I hate Nate Diaz but that was a total ass-whuppin' he unleashed.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

tin00can wrote:
John Simon Ritchie wrote:So...on TUF...

Good calls.

Man, I hate Nate Diaz but that was a total ass-whuppin' he unleashed.

Yeah, Pena absolutely mauled her. Once it got to the ground it was over.

I truly felt sorry seeing Maynard get blasted like that. He was out on his feet after the third or fourth blow. That's one fight that should've been stopped before it was.

The rest of the card was boring. The time went by very sloooooow.

The interviews with Ronda & Meisha cracked me up.

Ronda reminds me of white trash pure & simple. And that dress she was wearing was trashy. She looked like a skanky bar fly chick.

My sense is that Meisha is very intimidated by Ronda. She tries to act all cool & collected but scared.

I hope Meisha wins but highly unlikely unless she has something up her sleeve. I hope the fight goes to the 2nd rd at least.

Everytime I would see the promo for 168 I say to myself "and I'm going to be there".
John Simon Ritchie

Concerning the live TUF finale:

Damn, in the prelims, that Niinimaki/Yahya fight was a great technical ground display. Gives the sport a good name.

Pena/Rakozy went exactly as I had expected. Pena, already tough as nails, is gonna be a beast of a contender once she get more skills under her belt.

Diaz bros...I hate 'em, but damn they bring it during fight time. However, douche chills ensued in the post-fight interview. Still a fucking asshat.
kylel

Post by kylel »

This may have been posted but I'm not searching for it. Anyone seen this doc yet? It's about Evan Tanner.. Was curious if it was good..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufCwtz-vjIg
crabfan

Post by crabfan »

Looking forward to this on Spike, December 21st:

http://gloryworldseries.com/en/
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

Anybody watch the fights tonight?
I hate draws, but like everybody else I was fine with it.
I gotta say that was one of the greatest heavyweight fights
I've ever seen. So glad it was scheduled to go 5 & went 5.
The other fights? Whatever.
The main event was worth it though. Thumbs up to Hunt &
Silva.
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

yeahbuddy wrote:Anybody watch the fights tonight?
Silva.

That was a great fight and yeah, I've never been happier to see a draw. At the end I thought neither of them deserved to lose.
jellyheadrobertson
Playing Frat Parties

tin00can wrote:
yeahbuddy wrote:Anybody watch the fights tonight?
Silva.

That was a great fight and yeah, I've never been happier to see a draw. At the end I thought neither of them deserved to lose.
Rogan would have an aneurysm calling that fight. It was epic. I thought the rest of the card was pretty good for free and lacking stars (bar Shogun). The Nam Phan was a great contest too.
WolfgangVonPage
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by WolfgangVonPage »

That main event was A 1 fucking fantastic.
And Shogun, showing some pop with the left. I was a little disappointed with his final strike. I know, heat of the battle and all, but I am pretty sure he should have been able to tell the fucker was out.
Got myself a Cadillac, but can't afford the gasoline.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

WolfgangVonPage wrote:That main event was A 1 fucking fantastic.
And Shogun, showing some pop with the left. I was a little disappointed with his final strike. I know, heat of the battle and all, but I am pretty sure he should have been able to tell the fucker was out.
I thought the same thing about Shogun.
He's a vet, he knows better.

In other news,
Brown out of his fight with Condit.
The Fox fight is cursed. Isn't this the third fight that has been canned from
the card?
What was a great card, is fading to just above average.
crabfan

Post by crabfan »

Glad to see Ryan Bader get a good win. Always liked the guy.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

crabfan wrote:Glad to see Ryan Bader get a good win. Always liked the guy.
To me, Bader & Marquardt are the same guy.
I often confuse the two.
Both middle of road kinda guys that always beat up
on lower tier fighters, but when they get a chance to
step up against the tops of their division they fold like
clothes at a cheap chinese laundry mat.
caroline
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by caroline »

That fight was phenomenal. I kept thinking it felt like the original Griffin Bonnar fight in slo-mo. It seemed like each of them was so close to finishing the other so many times, but neither man would go down. The only thing that bugged me was Silva pulling a Tito with the "I fought hurt" crap in the post fight interview. Just STFU.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

caroline wrote:That fight was phenomenal. I kept thinking it felt like the original Griffin Bonnar fight in slo-mo. It seemed like each of them was so close to finishing the other so many times, but neither man would go down. The only thing that bugged me was Silva pulling a Tito with the "I fought hurt" crap in the post fight interview. Just STFU.
Yeah it was.
I started off watching the fight sitting on my couch. At some point towards end of 2nd/early 3rd round I had moved much closer to my tv because I was so excited.
You read people saying "rematch rematch". My take is no. Leave it alone. Fights like that come around once in a blue moon so leave it to stand on its own. A classic.
My nominees for fight of the year are-

Jones vs Gustafsson
Silva vs Hunt