NFL Wildcard predictions

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Peterbilt
Headlining Clubs

Re: NFL Wildcard predictions

Post by Peterbilt »

UtahRatt wrote:
Peterbilt wrote:Well, the Chiefs got some of your picks.
O ye of little faith. You have that paranoid fan voodoo curse going on. KC should dominate Indy. KC softened up after the bye but last weeks rest will do them good. It's not going to be the same game this time around.

Colts offense - Luck is an average "sophomore" QB with arguably the worst WR core in football and The Colt's can't run effectively so I'm not seeing any excuse why KC's defense can't shut them down. I wouldn't go blitz happy either. Sit back in coverage and mix it up. Luck will make the mistakes. 2INTs

Colt's defense - Can't stop the run.....It's what KC does when they don't go away from it.

Even if Indy gets an early lead and KC foolishly stops pounding. Alex could end up being the TD maker against this Colt's D. If KC loses it's because they choke, get out coached or they really do suck. I'm betting they come out hungry, bring their A game and prove to be the better team.
That's the thing. You talk about them sitting back in coverage. Like I said before, the Chiefs secondary is garbage. Kendrick Lewis is KC's version of Chris Conte from the Bears. Cooper is a rookie who started out well, but he's been making a shitload of mistakes lately. Smith is slow as hell. So, you really only have Eric Berry and Brandon Flowers who can do anything back there. I don't care how bad the Colts WRs are. They will be open if Tamba Hali isn't sitting on Luck's head the whole game.

I think all it's gonna take is a few short gains or no gains from Charles to get in Reid's head to stop running. Then, he's gonna try to start short passes to McFuckster, who is gonna drop the ball, or fumble, or run backwards. And they won't go back to Charles. And the Chiefs will lose.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Peterbilt wrote:I think all it's gonna take is a few short gains or no gains from Charles to get in Reid's head to stop running. Then, he's gonna try to start short passes to McFuckster, who is gonna drop the ball, or fumble, or run backwards. And they won't go back to Charles. And the Chiefs will lose.
Now you're in full on panic mode.

You act like KC is facing the Saint's or Denver. How many weapons does Indy have? They're a vanilla team in a good system. If this is a mountain for KC they have no business thinking about a Super Bowl.

With Charles, Reid would be fucking up twice in the span of a few weeks. It's why Charles was rested, just for this game.

Staying back in coverage = don't go blitz crazy. Id be more worried with Indy starting up a running and short passing game. Time of possession is KC's gig. Bring the pressure just mix it up. It's Luck not Peyton.

Still don't change my stance that KC is the superior team up and down the list. Da'Rick Rogers or no hand's Heyward-Bey isn't Welker & Demaryius Thomas.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Chiefs 10 Indy 7

Just like planned, throw on first down, run on second. :lol:

Hilton is a #2 playing #1, nice blitzing to give him one on one.

Charles? :shock:
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
johnk5150
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by johnk5150 »

Lardbucket wrote:Chiefs
Eagles
Bengals
Packers (they shouldn't win, but that sub-zero weather will hamper SF more than them, I think)
Am I the only one that remembers what Mike Vick did on a cold playoff night in GB?

Colts D looks like crap.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
Peterbilt
Headlining Clubs

Post by Peterbilt »

Donnie Avery!
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

johnk5150 wrote:Am I the only one that remembers what Mike Vick did on a cold playoff night in GB?
Watch games from Prison?
Peterbilt
Headlining Clubs

Post by Peterbilt »

UtahRatt wrote:
Peterbilt wrote:I think all it's gonna take is a few short gains or no gains from Charles to get in Reid's head to stop running. Then, he's gonna try to start short passes to McFuckster, who is gonna drop the ball, or fumble, or run backwards. And they won't go back to Charles. And the Chiefs will lose.
Now you're in full on panic mode.

You act like KC is facing the Saint's or Denver. How many weapons does Indy have? They're a vanilla team in a good system. If this is a mountain for KC they have no business thinking about a Super Bowl.

With Charles, Reid would be fucking up twice in the span of a few weeks. It's why Charles was rested, just for this game.

Staying back in coverage = don't go blitz crazy. Id be more worried with Indy starting up a running and short passing game. Time of possession is KC's gig. Bring the pressure just mix it up. It's Luck not Peyton.

Still don't change my stance that KC is the superior team up and down the list. Da'Rick Rogers or no hand's Heyward-Bey isn't Welker & Demaryius Thomas.
I'm not looking for a Super Bowl just yet. Right now I want 1 playoff win.
Rainbow Bright
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Rainbow Bright »

KC is also coached by Andy Reid. And I don't see the real life Dr. Dugong morphing into an actual, competent coach anytime soon.
Mirrored_Iceman
Opening for Slaughter

Post by Mirrored_Iceman »

Well, I guess we'll see, starting tomorrow. I know what you're saying. Hopefully, Reid has all the Ts crossed and whatnot.[/quote]

SOB Reid!! You got lucky this time! 9:18 left in the 2nd and KC up 27 to 7.....FOOT IN MOUTH!!!
....Those who live by

the Sludge die by the Sludge....

http://www.ebay.com/sch/arsace13/m.html ... 7675.l4064
Peterbilt
Headlining Clubs

Post by Peterbilt »

Rainbow Bright wrote:KC is also coached by Andy Reid. And I don't see the real life Dr. Dugong morphing into an actual, competent coach anytime soon.
Well, then the Chiefs are winning right now in spite of Reid. Alex Smith is making things happen.
sin
Headlining Clubs

Post by sin »

Well fuck, I didn't see this happening at all! We'll see if the Colts have some miracle comeback in them. I'm actually rooting for KC now.
scarred but smarter
Peterbilt
Headlining Clubs

Post by Peterbilt »

sin wrote:Well fuck, I didn't see this happening at all! We'll see if the Colts have some miracle comeback in them. I'm actually rooting for KC now.
Front-runner.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Does Indy even start playing until the 3rd quarter.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
Peterbilt
Headlining Clubs

Post by Peterbilt »

Luck throws an INT to open the 2nd half. Alex Smith throws his 4th TD pass on the day to Charles' backup, Knile Davis. The Chiefs are blowing this game wide open now. Did not expect this, but I fucking love it!
Peterbilt
Headlining Clubs

Post by Peterbilt »

Oh god. No. No. No.
Mirrored_Iceman
Opening for Slaughter

This game is getting interesting....
....Those who live by

sin
Headlining Clubs

Post by sin »

Peterbilt wrote:
sin wrote:Well fuck, I didn't see this happening at all! We'll see if the Colts have some miracle comeback in them. I'm actually rooting for KC now.
Front-runner.
Hey, who I thought would win and bet on and who I want to win aren't always the same
scarred but smarter
John Simon Ritchie

Post by John Simon Ritchie »

Mirrored_Iceman wrote:This game is getting interesting....
Just glad that "interesting" isn't in Philly anymore. :wink:
"I was looking for that great jazz note that destroyed the walls of Jericho." - The Clash, The Sound Of Sinners
Mirrored_Iceman
Opening for Slaughter

John Simon Ritchie wrote:
Mirrored_Iceman wrote:This game is getting interesting....
Just glad that "interesting" isn't in Philly anymore. :wink:

AMEN TO THAT!! Blowing through timeouts like barbecue ribs!!
....Those who live by

John Simon Ritchie

"OoOOOOOhhh, AAAnnndy!" :mrgreen:
"I was looking for that great jazz note that destroyed the walls of Jericho." - The Clash, The Sound Of Sinners
Mirrored_Iceman
Opening for Slaughter

"Ummmm I have to take the blame for that, ummmm..........Time is yours."

Once again Andy.....
....Those who live by

Peterbilt
Headlining Clubs

Post by Peterbilt »

Unbelievable. Total choke. Total bed wetting. Complete fucking embarrassment.
Rainbow Bright
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Rainbow Bright »

Never put money on an Andy Reid team!
John Simon Ritchie

Mirrored_Iceman wrote:"Ummmm I have to take the blame for that, ummmm..........Time is yours."

Once again Andy.....
"It's my fault. My team played hard." ad nauseum.
Mirrored_Iceman
Opening for Slaughter

Peterbilt wrote:Unbelievable. Total choke. Total bed wetting. Complete fucking embarrassment.

Not to say I told ya so but....... :D
....Those who live by

UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

I'm going to have a conversation with myself for a second, don't mind me.
UtahRatt wrote:KC should dominate Indy. Alex could end up being the TD maker against this Colt's D. I'm betting they come out hungry, bring their A game and prove to be the better team.
Chiefs 38 Indy 10 3rd
UtahRatt wrote:If KC loses it's because they choke, get out coached or they really do suck.
Indy 45 Chiefs 38 4th
UtahRatt wrote:Colts offense - Luck is an average "sophomore" QB with arguably the worst WR core in football and The Colt's can't run effectively so I'm not seeing any excuse why KC's defense can't shut them down.
Indy 45 Chiefs 44
UtahRatt wrote:Still don't change my stance that KC is the superior team up and down the list.
HAHAHAHAHAHA! Charles, Davis, Avery? Flowers? Maybe they started with a superior team. :lol:

Ugliest defensive 2nd half I've ever witnessed. When Indy got within 14 I felt it was already over for KC, then KC kicked a FG to go up 17 and I said.........Still ain't gonna be enough.

So fucking ugly it gave Bum Phillips bitter beer face. Players so open you could land a 747. Words can not describe how awesomely fucking ugly that was.

Peterbilt, you kept typing and I kept thinking....Wait...You might wanna....HIT THE BRAKES!

KC GOT DONKEY PUNCHED!
Mirrored_Iceman
Opening for Slaughter

And so far the game I thought may be a high scoring game is still 0-0...all punts.....
....Those who live by

UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Jamaal Charles plows the ball 250+ times, takes a week off and gets KOed on the first drive.

Bodycount - Who all went down? I totally lost count. Charles, Davis, Avery? Flowers? I think Flowers came back?

Andy Reid should get coach of the year, then fired the moment it's announced.
Mirrored_Iceman
Opening for Slaughter

Andy Reid should get coach of the year, then fired the moment it's announced.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
....Those who live by

UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Mirrored_Iceman wrote:And so far the game I thought may be a high scoring game is still 0-0...all punts.....
Not sure I could watch another TD. After the KC vs Indy fiasco it's like hitting Chuck Wagon Buffet then picking up a pint of Ben & Jerry's on the way home.