The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

That-guy
Cockblocked by Poison

Re: The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

Post by That-guy »

JR has been fired about 87 times. He'll be back when it's "good for business".
sliquor
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by sliquor »

Daniel Bryan debuted his new character last night at a WWE house show in Hampton, VA. He was introduced as Daniel Wyatt, wore the same type of outfit that Erick Rowan does and was billed to face Bray Wyatt in a cage match. Bray let Bryan beat him up and offered no resistance, but Rowan interfered and Bray pinned him following his Sister Abigail finisher.

http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-top- ... -character
BarbedwireBill
Recording Your Demo

Post by BarbedwireBill »

They need to drop that lame ass angle with Wyatt and Bryan. The best booking is put him over as the babyface he is, put the strap on him and do what Vince did best, create monster heels for him to work.
Angry Jew
Appetite For Chinese Democracy
Location: Buffalo,NY (Lets go SABRES!)-Swinging on Axl's nuts waiting patiently for Chinese Democracy part 2

Post by Angry Jew »

silent_eyes wrote:Just noticed that TNA is coming my way next month and that Sting was added to the show which shocked me since hasn't wrestled a show here since at least '96.

Anyways... I naturally assumed they were coming to the much bigger hall... but apparently that was giving them too much credit. They're having the show in a freakin' middle school gym. How on earth this company is still alive at this point is beyond me.
Marks have been predicting the end of TNA for a decade. Idk what they'll do if Universal Studios is unavailable for tv tapings in 2014 as some have reported. As far as going out of business there is a world outside of the US and they must do well in some of those overseas markets. That's why guys like Hogan and Sting were kept around. Those major names opened the door to negotiations for major/tv licensing deals.
Where's Izzy?
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

^
Am I missing something here or wouldn't somebody who chases after wrestlers all over town so they can take a picture of them also be described as a mark? :lol:
Angry Jew
Appetite For Chinese Democracy
Location: Buffalo,NY (Lets go SABRES!)-Swinging on Axl's nuts waiting patiently for Chinese Democracy part 2

Post by Angry Jew »

eddie lee roth wrote:^
Am I missing something here or wouldn't somebody who chases after wrestlers all over town so they can take a picture of them also be described as a mark? :lol:
Pretty much any adult who likes wrestling enough to follow it online is a mark. I am a mark no doubt. Vince is still getting my money for DVDs as I will purchase that new Ultimate Warrior release in April.
Where's Izzy?
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

I understand my fellow Mark. :)
ParaDime77
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by ParaDime77 »

What's the story with Jeff Jarrett/Toby Keith's new promotion? Is JR going to be involved with this deal?
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
Lardbucket
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Lardbucket »

ParaDime77 wrote:What's the story with Jeff Jarrett/Toby Keith's new promotion? Is JR going to be involved with this deal?
JR denied it up and down on his blog. Says he doesn't have the energy for the paranoia in the business, and that his idea of how wrestling should be presented isn't in fashion these days.

I'd be interested to see what Jarrett and Toby Keith would do. There are some interesting second-level free agents out there. Nothing to challenge Vince, of course, but they could definitely rattle TNA.
A proud Steve Jones nutswinger since 1977.
sliquor

Post by sliquor »

Those old school jackets & announce table are cracking me up!
Kamikaze_Russo

Post by Kamikaze_Russo »

Good to see Jake Roberts looking somewhat healthy again. Last time I saw him in the ring I was pretty positive he's be dead by now.
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

JAKE THE SNAKE!!!!!!!!
Professional Hater
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Potato cakes.
Aesop wrote: I tire of pussies that refuse to speak their mind, defend this great nation, or seek employment.
TRUTHABOUTCONCERTS
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by TRUTHABOUTCONCERTS »

was Flair drunk? he didn't seem to crisp last night
Thats the TRUTH and sometimes the TRUTH hurts
kylel

Post by kylel »

TRUTHABOUTCONCERTS wrote:was Flair drunk? he didn't seem to crisp last night

Fuck Ric Flair.. :evil:

*Taken from another site*

There is a radio show that comes on during the football season in the Charleston area, called Panther talk. I don't usually listen to it but I was leaving the gym and I heard them mention Ric Flair. They were talking about how he was from Carolina and was a big Charlotte supporter....then they talked about the incident with the 49ers and how he gave a speech and how he said his heart was with the 49ers.

The radio hosts said that it was very disappointing with him being a Charlotte native and then they mocked Ric for quite a while on the show.

They went on to tell a story about The Panthers' Steve Smith, who he bought a robe in honor of Flair and now he's very disappointed about what Flair said.

"The bridge is burnt now" they had quoted Steve on saying.
ParaDime77
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by ParaDime77 »

I figured Flair would get a ton of backlash from the Carolina folk. What stupid move with the Panthers being in the playoffs.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
Space Bear
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Space Bear »

I mean, really, how can a gimmick like this not succeed?

my bestest friend ever deathcurse wrote:Space Bear is boring. He'll cry about this and I won't read it because he just sucks and makes me want to get hit by a car.
sliquor

Post by sliquor »

Flair is no doubt synonymous with the Carolinas but I believe he is originally from Minnesota.
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

ParaDime77 wrote:I figured Flair would get a ton of backlash from the Carolina folk. What stupid move with the Panthers being in the playoffs.
He was paid for that little personal appearence. Flair stays so cash strapped that he really isn't in a position to tell anyone no. I'm sure his heart is with anyone who cuts him a check.

He was very sad last night. Jake was tremendous. I haven't marked like that in years and never will again, barring a Warrior return.

Hulk Hogan is at the Smackdown taping in Philadelphia tonight.
Professional Hater
Aesop wrote: I tire of pussies that refuse to speak their mind, defend this great nation, or seek employment.
BarbedwireBill
Recording Your Demo

Post by BarbedwireBill »

What I found strange as if you can find anything really strange with Jake was he kept trying to get the snake to bite Ambrose. The way he kept bumping Ambroses' face with the snakes and rubbing it on his face are all typical things you do to get a snake to eat. I think it would have been awesome if the snake had bit the shit outta Dean's cheek. He would have as well.
TheInfiniteStaircase
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by TheInfiniteStaircase »

I love that with all of the surprises that get ruined by the internet that every now and then they are still able to pull something awesome off without it getting ruined. Last year's Jericho Rumble entrance took everyone by surprise and now Jake the Snake…that was awesome.

I agree with Artemis, Warrior is one of the few surprises that can top Jake. I am still hoping to be able to go to New Orleans if Warrior gets inducted this year.

And yes, I heard it too, pretty sure it was Punk joking telling Jake it's PG now lol I'm glad they used Jake with Punk & The Shield. I think if anyone can appreciate that, it'd be those guys and it was obvious that they loved every second of it.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

The WWE had their big press conference last night in Vegas and basically what it amounted to was the new WWE channel becoming a reality next month. As to be expected its a pay channel for devices sort of like what Netflix does.

The biggest news coming out of it is that it's $9.99 a month and with that you get access to all 12 monthly PPV's.

That's a damn good deal seeing as how just 1 PPV costs more than $9.99. There's alot of other shit that's on there but I'm not Walter "fucking" Conkrite so if you want to know all the details look it up your damn self. :mrgreen:
Space Bear
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Space Bear »

My heart goes out to Hand. I know how close they were.

my bestest friend ever deathcurse wrote:Space Bear is boring. He'll cry about this and I won't read it because he just sucks and makes me want to get hit by a car.
That-guy
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by That-guy »

SkeletorsGhost
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkeletorsGhost »

He was paid for that little personal appearence. Flair stays so cash strapped that he really isn't in a position to tell anyone no. I'm sure his heart is with anyone who cuts him a check.

He was very sad last night. Jake was tremendous. I haven't marked like that in years and never will again, barring a Warrior return.

Hulk Hogan is at the Smackdown taping in Philadelphia tonight.[/quote]

Warrior is supposed to be inducted into WWE HOF this year, I heard they want Hogan to do the main induction speech. Both will most likely be at Wrestlemania.
SkeletorsGhost
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkeletorsGhost »

Ric Flair angry Panther fans want to kill me

http://www.tmz.com/2014/01/09/ric-flair ... h-threats/
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

TheInfiniteStaircase wrote:I love that with all of the surprises that get ruined by the internet that every now and then they are still able to pull something awesome off without it getting ruined. Last year's Jericho Rumble entrance took everyone by surprise and now Jake the Snake…that was awesome. .
actually ddp was pushing for jake to be on the show. wasn't a surprise to everyone. he looks good. couldn't wipe that smile of his face.
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

DOWN2WHISKEY wrote:Ambrose was marking out laying there IMO, he was smiling from ear to ear!

http://youtu.be/ra-ogBVIl3E
Wouldn't you be too?? Truly a special moment.

Its comin out today that the talent knew a legend would be doing the finish but had no idea it was Jake. He was hidden from talent and only Vince, HHH & Punk knew the actual finish.

I've noticed WWE is doing a TON of Jake stuff on their website. Hope this leads to something.

Ryback has apparently been released by WWE. Thank gawd.
Professional Hater
Monty610
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Monty610 »

Artemis2085 wrote:
DOWN2WHISKEY wrote:Ambrose was marking out laying there IMO, he was smiling from ear to ear!

http://youtu.be/ra-ogBVIl3E
Wouldn't you be too?? Truly a special moment.

Its comin out today that the talent knew a legend would be doing the finish but had no idea it was Jake. He was hidden from talent and only Vince, HHH & Punk knew the actual finish.

I've noticed WWE is doing a TON of Jake stuff on their website. Hope this leads to something.

Ryback has apparently been released by WWE. Thank gawd.
If that's true about Ryback...THANK YOU JESUS!

I agree with Mick Foley, give Jake the "trifecta". Old School RAW mark out appearance (check), an entry in the Royal Rumble, and the Hall of Fame...
Psychobolia.com wrote:...I can't wait to download and delete this new album.
TheInfiniteStaircase
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by TheInfiniteStaircase »

I was smiling ear to ear for at least 10 minutes tonight…WARRIOR in the HOF bitches!

If I'm not on tour and can scrounge together enough money, I think I'm going to celebrate my 30th in New Orleans!

JBL: "I can't wait to hear THAT speech!" - Easily the best line of the night lol
sliquor

Post by sliquor »

They just utilized the old "stunt granny / grampa". :D

Warrior in the Hall Of Fame - I don't think he deserves it or appreciates it but I can understand how it's "good for business".