The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

WTF
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by WTF »

Crazy Levi wrote:
This is probably the 5th five-year contract Snyder has signed with a coach and he's never had one for more than four.

Gruden's contract? Another 5-year deal. Snyder is like a guy on his 6th marriage who still refuses to sign a prenup (that's for you Lemmysmole!)
We should be seeing a pic of Snyder next to the word "insanity" in the dictionary.
MickeyG
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by MickeyG »

He's a billionaire, it's peanuts to him. He likes to blow money on his plaything, there are worse crimes out there, like Stephen Ross keeping Joe Philbin in a job.
sin
Headlining Clubs

Post by sin »

[/quote]

Gruden will last about 2 1/2 seasons.
RG III and his ego will wear the man down.

Gruden needs to get control of that locker room and demand respect, but with
RGIII on the roster, that will never happen.
The relationship the Owner and RGIII currently has will supersede anything/everything the head coach will attempt to accomplish.
This hiring in fantastic for all NFC East teams.
Little reason to be concerned about The Skins and RGIII going forward.[/quote]

I only read the comment not who typed it. My first thought was that can only be Machado. No surprise, I was right. P13 is probably lurking on here right now thinking wow this guy is a troll.
scarred but smarter
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

sin wrote:
Gruden will last about 2 1/2 seasons.
RG III and his ego will wear the man down.

Gruden needs to get control of that locker room and demand respect, but with
RGIII on the roster, that will never happen.
The relationship the Owner and RGIII currently has will supersede anything/everything the head coach will attempt to accomplish.
This hiring in fantastic for all NFC East teams.
Little reason to be concerned about The Skins and RGIII going forward.[/quote]

I only read the comment not who typed it. My first thought was that can only be Machado. No surprise, I was right. P13 is probably lurking on here right now thinking wow this guy is a troll.[/quote]

Didn't know a former head coach of the Arena Football League
has earned so much respect in the NFL locker room.
Gruden has an uphill battle.
That's all I'm saying
Rageman
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Rageman »

The Arena Football League experience gives him an edge not because of level of competition . . . because he's run a team for years. Most of the people he was competing with for the job only had to worry about half of a team for all or almost all of their careers . . . he just did that same thing by running the offense that happened to be the youngest unit in the NFL for three straight seasons. That may not impress you, but it obviously impressed someone that actually matters.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
gatomike
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by gatomike »

Panthers all butt hurt over this Ric Flairs speech to 49ers last week.
I hear he is getting death threats know for following the money.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oviTQ-4hJTY
Rainbow Bright
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Rainbow Bright »

Every Northwest team blows it when it counts. The last title that was won here was in 1979. By a team that no longer exists. I'm just waiting for the other foot to drop for the Sea Pigeons.
HeavyMetalZombie666
Angry Wyoming Rain Man

Post by HeavyMetalZombie666 »

I am hoping 2014-2015 is much better.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:Gruden has an uphill battle.
That's all I'm saying
That's not even a tenth of what you were saying.

There was a ton of shit about RGIII and the owner run the team because your crystal ball said so along with a lot of bla, bla, bla....All NFC teams..Bla, bla....Gruden wont mean anything because RGIII & the owner will be running drills and drawing up the game plan.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
John Simon Ritchie
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by John Simon Ritchie »

Who dat??

Dat's a wrap. :wink:
"I was looking for that great jazz note that destroyed the walls of Jericho." - The Clash, The Sound Of Sinners
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

John Simon Ritchie wrote:Who dat??

Anybody is gonna have a tough time going to Seattle and beating an excellent Seahawks team.

Saints had a very good season especially after last year. Nothing to be ashamed of.
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

Crazy Levi wrote:Saints had a very good season especially after last year. Nothing to be ashamed of.
Other than throwing away the division, a bye, and a home playoff game by getting blown out by the Rams in week 14.
John Simon Ritchie

Post by John Simon Ritchie »

Crazy Levi wrote:
John Simon Ritchie wrote:Who dat??

Anybody is gonna have a tough time going to Seattle and beating an excellent Seahawks team.

Saints had a very good season especially after last year. Nothing to be ashamed of.
Didn't say it was. As an Eagles fan I feel the same for Philly as far as a "good season" that exceeded expectations. Just a bit of smack-talking after all the stupid "Who dat?" shit after their win in Philly (not here per se, but in general. FB, etc)
"I was looking for that great jazz note that destroyed the walls of Jericho." - The Clash, The Sound Of Sinners
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Looks like the Colts ran out of miracles and Andy Reid coached teams to play.

Is it just me or do Pagano and Luck wear the appearance of the sorest fucking losers in the NFL? As the clock started to tick down to about 8 minutes in the 4th, and it became apparent there was no fucking way they were gonna come back this time, those two had about the most miserable expressions on their faces that I've ever seen on an NFL sideline.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Crazy Levi wrote:Looks like the Colts ran out of miracles and Andy Reid coached teams to play.

Is it just me or do Pagano and Luck wear the appearance of the sorest fucking losers in the NFL? As the clock started to tick down to about 8 minutes in the 4th, and it became apparent there was no fucking way they were gonna come back this time, those two had about the most miserable expressions on their faces that I've ever seen on an NFL sideline.
No. You just don't like the Colts.

It was nice to see Blount finally have that game. Watched him in college and thought he was going to be one of the greats. 4 years later he proved me right.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

Crazy Levi wrote:Looks like the Colts ran out of miracles and Andy Reid coached teams to play.

Colts had a pretty good year with a pretty sub par team. Luck is the real deal. That said, watching them get their asses kicked made my day.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

The 9er D line is nasty.

$tevil
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

New to should have kept that 3rd and half yard himself instead of handing it to Tolbert. Basically gave SF another second to penetrate.

$tevil
AliceManson
Headlining Clubs

Post by AliceManson »

Riverboat Ron, might want to teach his team at least a little discipline, and let them know that penalties called on their bullshit could cost them a game at some point.
EatTheGlass wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:26 am I'd bet my house that Grohl shuts the Foos down now
Nibbler wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:33 pm Looks like Alex has shitcanned the Van Hagar remasters.
AliceManson
Headlining Clubs

Post by AliceManson »

Nobody honestly believed the Panthers had a chance did they? Did their fans even thinks so?
EatTheGlass wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:26 am I'd bet my house that Grohl shuts the Foos down now
Nibbler wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:33 pm Looks like Alex has shitcanned the Van Hagar remasters.
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

AliceManson wrote:Nobody honestly believed the Panthers had a chance did they? Did their fans even thinks so?
I thought they had a chance, but expected the Niners to win. Panthers just aren't there yet. It was fun while it lasted.
MickeyG
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by MickeyG »

AliceManson wrote:Riverboat Ron, might want to teach his team at least a little discipline, and let them know that penalties called on their bullshit could cost them a game at some point.
Unless he's hitting them heavily in the pocket, they won't give a fuck.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Tenacious_Dio wrote:
AliceManson wrote:Nobody honestly believed the Panthers had a chance did they? Did their fans even thinks so?
I thought they had a chance, but expected the Niners to win. Panthers just aren't there yet. It was fun while it lasted.

They had a good run but offensively the Panthers ain't gonna do it on Kambo's shoulders, they'll need both a running game and WR's.

Where's Dave to come in and tell everyone how bad the Niners are? They'll beat Seattle next week. At least I'd love to see them do it just so I can read Shermans twitter.

I picked San Fran, it's who I'm sticking with.

Not watching the Donkey game, can't stand to watch that team of cock gobblers.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

When they were up 10-6 they had a chance. They fucked up when they didn't punch it in.

$tevil
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

bane wrote:

Colts had a pretty good year with a pretty sub par team. Luck is the real deal. That said, watching them get their asses kicked made my day.
The had a great year for that sub par team and it's a good chance they'll do it again since I don't see anyone else in their division stepping up. It was nice to see them get stomped into the turf.

The expressions was priceless.
Last edited by UtahRatt on Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Tenacious_Dio wrote:
I'm sure Kyle did.

They're similar to the Colts, even before the playoffs they wasn't bound to make for the superbowl but props for winning a game. I'm not buying into Kambo with the Panthers. I'm not even sure where to rate him.

If the Panthers can keep their D intact, draft a RB, pick up a free agent veteran WR they might be a force.

My guess, this is their height and they drop down to average next season.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

Jesus H. Christ!!
I hope to God that Broncos to not go to Super Bowl.
I cannot stand Peyton Manning & his changing the play
at the line of scrimmage time & time again.
"Omaha" "Omaha" "Omaha". That had to be the most boring
game I've watched in a century.
Jeez!!!!
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

yeahbuddy wrote:Jesus H. Christ!!
I hope to God that Broncos to not go to Super Bowl.
I cannot stand Peyton Manning & his changing the play
at the line of scrimmage time & time again.
"Omaha" "Omaha" "Omaha". That had to be the most boring
game I've watched in a century.
Jeez!!!!
I can't stand Manning with all his audibles and antics. He's like a cartoon character. Every missed pass he waves his arms around like the Team America's secret signal.

Is it still two weeks of hype with the joke bowl in between?

Three things I refuse to watch. Donkey's playing in the SB, today's joke of a ProBowl and anything Gordon Ramsay.
HeavyMetalZombie666
Angry Wyoming Rain Man

Post by HeavyMetalZombie666 »

I can't wait for Denver vs. New England next week.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

I suddenly find myself a New England Patriots super fan next week. I hope New England goes all Aaron Hernandez on Denver next week. If Peyton left with a concussion on the first play of the game I'm not saying I'd wish it, but I'd hope they go through all 92 steps and tests for him to pass before playing again....Next season.