The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

John Simon Ritchie
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by John Simon Ritchie »

One saving grace...

Nick Foles of the Philadelphia Eagles was named offensive MVP.

I'll take it. :wink:
"I was looking for that great jazz note that destroyed the walls of Jericho." - The Clash, The Sound Of Sinners
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

John Simon Ritchie wrote:One saving grace...

Nick Foles of the Philadelphia Eagles was named offensive MVP.

I'll take it. :wink:
That's like being MVP of a charity game, that's about the effort involved.What team did he play on? An NFC pro-bowler on a team that doesn't represent the NFC...... :lol:

So was Foles on Team Rice or Team Sanders? It should be Alex for the game winner.

Possession changes at the end of each quarter? I skipped the first half, How much other stupid shit did they add into this game. And the bad part is, players actually put in a little effort this year.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
sin
Headlining Clubs

Post by sin »

I enjoyed it, what would you have them do? It's basically just a schoolyard pick up game with top players involved.

The last two have been at least watchable compared to the crap they put on before. Would you have rather watched the Grammys instead?
scarred but smarter
WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

sin wrote:I enjoyed it, what would you have them do? It's basically just a schoolyard pick up game with top players involved.

The last two have been at least watchable compared to the crap they put on before. Would you have rather watched the Grammys instead?
I would watch Macklemore's Grammy sound check on an endless loop before watching the Pro Bowl. You talk about a useless game. Good on Nick Foles, at least he has one trophy to show for the season. The real one comes next year! :wink:
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
Bludegeon
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Bludegeon »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:
sin wrote:I enjoyed it, what would you have them do? It's basically just a schoolyard pick up game with top players involved.

I would watch Macklemore's Grammy sound check on an endless loop before watching the Pro Bowl. You talk about a useless game. Good on Nick Foles, at least he has one trophy to show for the season. The real one comes next year! :wink:
It's "ALWAYS" next year for Philly fans.. hahahaha....

Yeah yeah, I know. Cowboys suck. No Shit, and in no way do the Cowboys even sniff the playoffs for years to come..

There , saved ya some keystrokes on the keyboard. :mrgreen:
WhiteHouseSubsAC

I guess the little wink thing at the end didn't convey my lack of seriousness enough. Thanks for chiming in though.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
John Simon Ritchie

Post by John Simon Ritchie »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:I guess the little wink thing at the end didn't convey my lack of seriousness enough. Thanks for chiming in though.
I think the same happened on my Foles MVP post. :lol:
"I was looking for that great jazz note that destroyed the walls of Jericho." - The Clash, The Sound Of Sinners
Horse Called War
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Horse Called War »

bane wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote:
Schaub signed a $60 million contract with the Texans a couple years ago. Probably not as bad as Romo but I'm sure there will be some pain when they cut him.
Yep. You know the character in Any Given Sunday that Dennis Quaid played? The QB that was scared of the hits? I think that's what happened to Schaub.
Your right about Schaub , he has never been the same since Joel Mays tore off a piece of his ear, and now Joel is his teammate.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Yeah. I watched the Grammys instead.

The pro bowl is fucking useless.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Crazy Levi wrote:

Yeah. I watched the Grammys instead.

The pro bowl is fucking useless.
Who watches the pro bowl? Must be the same fans that play fantasy football.
Can't remember the last Pro Bowl I watched. NFL Football is not supposed to be played with nothing on the line and with players who have zero to gain and are able to afford their very own Hawaii vacation.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Degenerate gamblers watch the pro bowl. I have a friend that always bets the over regardless. I guess if you really want to find a reason to watch something rooting for scoring would be the funniest way to do it?
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:

It was a game of thunder growing up, it's only been the last 5 or so years the new gen of pussies started lallygagging? Remember that punter/kicker who blasted the Return man? Then that probowl when Sean Taylor leveled kicker Mormon on the fake punt. Those plays was in the last 10 I think.

Growing up they played just as fucking hard and I miss it, I call today's NFL shameful but the Pro Bowl has turned into a disgraceful joke. The crying over money and injuries didn't kick in till the last decade with these pussies who piss on it's legacy and only play for money. The Pro Bowl is part of their job and should be taken and played with honor.

Maybe - mandatory salary, your team pays you your basic rate if you make the game.

From what I watched, they actually played harder and it was more entertaining then the joke it's turned into. But they went way too far with some of this shit. Lets start with Team Sanders vs Team Rice? :lol:
Last edited by UtahRatt on Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Denver over Seattle
I've been thinking who to root for and it's down to this, I want Peyton to destroy the fucking Seahawks. And yes it's because of Dick Sherman and the Seattle fans backing him along with all the media attention blowing things up. Fuck, Dick, the media and his backers along with the team I once liked and supported.

Richard Sherman can talk smack all year and put down everyone from Tom Brady, Crabtree, Revis then get on a mic and verbally bash Crabtree on national television. Then he pull the fucking RACIST CARD over being calling a thug and cry's like a bitch. Tupac tattoo thug life bitch!

Fuck Dick and the Hawks. Go Donkey's.

it's about 50/50 if I'm gonna watch the game or not.
sin
Headlining Clubs

Post by sin »

Anyone who has followed a long here over the years knows who I want to win. It's only been in the last day that I actually feel Seattle is going to win tho.

The accepted opinion is that defense and a run game win Superbowl's, Seattle has both of those. Peyton Manning is an incredible QB, however that didn't stop him from losing to Baltimore and their D last year, or the Saints and their run game.
scarred but smarter
WTF

Post by WTF »

UtahRatt wrote:

Growing up they played just as fucking hard and I miss it, I call today's NFL shameful but the Pro Bowl has turned into a disgraceful joke. The crying over money and injuries didn't kick in till the last decade with these pussies who piss on it's legacy and only play for money. The Pro Bowl is part of their job and should be taken and played with honor.

I thought the Patriots had a career RB with Robert Edwards until Pro Bowl weekend.
Son_of_Sam_I_Am
I'm an angry, angry boy!

Post by Son_of_Sam_I_Am »

UtahRatt wrote:Denver over Seattle
I've been thinking who to root for and it's down to this, I want Peyton to destroy the fucking Seahawks. And yes it's because of Dick Sherman and the Seattle fans backing him along with all the media attention blowing things up. Fuck, Dick, the media and his backers along with the team I once liked and supported.

Richard Sherman can talk smack all year and put down everyone from Tom Brady, Crabtree, Revis then get on a mic and verbally bash Crabtree on national television. Then he pull the fucking RACIST CARD over being calling a thug and cry's like a bitch. Tupac tattoo thug life bitch!

Fuck Dick and the Hawks. Go Donkey's.

it's about 50/50 if I'm gonna watch the game or not.

UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

sin wrote:The accepted opinion is that defense and a run game win Superbowl's, Seattle has both of those. Peyton Manning is an incredible QB, however that didn't stop him from losing to Baltimore and their D last year, or the Saints and their run game.

When did the Saints ever have a run game? They've always been more of a screens and short passing drop off out of the back field under Brees and Sean Payton.
I do agree, if Seattle's wins it's on the back of their run game and defense. Championships are built on them. I can't see them doing it with Russell Wilson trying to match Peyton, more worried about Russell making wrong decisions. Stranger things have happened, maybe the Thughawks hold Peyton down and Russell gets off some big plays. He's has the WR's.

I see two key's in this Denver Donkey's vs Seattle ThugHawks, toilet bowl.

Wilson making mistakes or not being able to keep drives alive, he'll have to complete a pass or two, more importantly let's see how Wilson responds on 3rd down. Wilsonbow like Kambow isn't likely to Teabow a win.
And
Denver can RUN as well. If Denver opens up a RUN game Seattle is in for a long night. It will pull the over aggressive thug up for a burn. That's what I want to see. BURN.

I've stated I want the Donkey's to destroy the Thughawks but I would laugh till the cows come home if Peyton chokes......As long as Dick Sherman isn't in on the play.

My only wish, not to hear that fuck head Dick Sherman talk into a microphone ever again. If Seattle wins I'll be changing the channel. I want the focus of the game to be on the game not his mouthy crybaby ass.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Son_of_Sam_I_Am wrote:Image

Are you calling me a racist? I see, a white guy can't get excited and when he does it's xanax. Xanax the new Cracker.

It's called over exaggerating ya fucking fanatical THUGHAWK FAN! Seattle fans, thug racists yuppie starbuck drinking sushi eating bitches.

On a serious note, do they serve sushi at CenturyLink like they do at Safeco? They never had that shit in the KingDome. I bet they serve fresh Dungeness Crab at Seattle games that's why their fans smell of fish.
Son_of_Sam_I_Am
I'm an angry, angry boy!

Post by Son_of_Sam_I_Am »

UtahRatt wrote:On a serious note, do they serve sushi at CenturyLink like they do at Safeco? I bet they serve fresh Dungeness Crab at Seattle games they why their fans smell of fish.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

In all seriousness, I'm not sure about sushi, but I think they do. They have a nice full-service restaurant in the 200 level, and I had crepes there before the Rams game. CREPES. At an NFL GAME.

We're kind of weird up here.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

OK, I did Sushi at Safeco but it was strictly dogs and beer in the Kingdome. I spent time in Ballard "right down from the locks", Kent, North City and Bellevue.

Speaking of the Seattle vs Denver SuperBowl......

I went to a Monday Night Seattle vs Denver game in the Kingdome when Seattle was still in the AFC West. They were rivals with history most seem to have forgotten. These teams hated each other. To me the Super Bowl is different match up because of it.
Denver and Elway normally beat the piss out of Seattle, the Hawks had a few great seasons but always fell short. This Super Bowl match, to me, brings back those rival games. I miss Seattle being in the AFC WEST. I'd rather have the Chargers gone.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Monday November 30, 1992 Denver vs Seattle

Denver - Elway was out so the Bronco's rotated Tommy Maddox and rookie Shawn Moore every series...Not quarter, every series. It was laughable.
Players - Mark Jackson, Shannon Sharpe, Steve Atwater, Dennis Smith, Karl Mecklenburg

Seattle - Coach Tom Flores started QB Kelly Stouffer who got pulled for Dan McGwire who got pulled for Stan Gelbaugh.
Players - Chris Warren, Cortez Kennedy, Eugene Robinson

Both teams combined for like 4ints 2 fumbles and 2 missed FG's but thanks to turnovers there was points on the board. The punting game was on fire that night making it a fight for the 50 yard line. 3 n out, PUNT!
The score was Denver 13 Seattle 6 with a minute left when a penalty from god pushed Seattle into position to score on a 4th and goal, Gelbaugh to Brian Blades TD! In OT Seattle kicked the game winning FG. Ugliest Monday Night game ever. So ugly it was a riot, never had more fun.
Seahawks 16, Broncos 13 OT

So if history repeats it's self......It will be a great ugly game worth forgetting but you wont.

I'm hoping over the weekend I'll switch sides and hope Seattle Destroys Denver but I'm still on the fence. Seattle could use a Trophy after getting robbed in Super Bowl XL vs Pittsburgh Steelers.

Ya I said it, Seattle got robbed, the Ref's were drunk Steeler fans...It happens.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

I just realized every advertisement I hear or see regarding the Super Bowl they say "Big Game" rather than calling it what it is. Why is that and when did it start?

$tevil
sin
Headlining Clubs

Post by sin »

johnk5150 wrote:I just realized every advertisement I hear or see regarding the Super Bowl they say "Big Game" rather than calling it what it is. Why is that and when did it start?
Without looking it up again, it's been years since I read an explanation. Basically the NFL owns the rights to the name "Superbowl" and they do file copyright infringement when it's used in advertising without permission.
scarred but smarter
sin
Headlining Clubs

Post by sin »

So who should be coach of the year, Andy Reid, Bill Belichick, Chip Kelly, Ron Rivera, or Pete Carroll?

I got to give this to Chip. Pete and Bill were supposed to be in the playoffs. Ron does deserve some consideration, but then you have Reid and Kelly. Andy took a shitty team and made them a lot better, but Chip took Andy's shitty team and made them look great.
scarred but smarter
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

sin wrote:So who should be coach of the year, Andy Reid, Bill Belichick, Chip Kelly, Ron Rivera, or Pete Carroll?

I got to give this to Chip. Pete and Bill were supposed to be in the playoffs. Ron does deserve some consideration, but then you have Reid and Kelly. Andy took a shitty team and made them a lot better, but Chip took Andy's shitty team and made them look great.
I guess Rivera. Everyone thought he was toast about a month in.

$tevil
Bludegeon
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Bludegeon »

Andy Reid by a long shot..

That Chiefs team was shit.. Pure shit, and , in dismay..
AliceManson
Headlining Clubs

Post by AliceManson »

johnk5150 wrote:
sin wrote:So who should be coach of the year, Andy Reid, Bill Belichick, Chip Kelly, Ron Rivera, or Pete Carroll?

I guess Rivera. Everyone thought he was toast about a month in.
Belichick, without him, the Patriots would have had a losing season and missed the playoffs. They won games because of coaching this year.
EatTheGlass wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:26 am I'd bet my house that Grohl shuts the Foos down now
Nibbler wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:33 pm Looks like Alex has shitcanned the Van Hagar remasters.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Bludegeon wrote:Andy Reid by a long shot..

That Chiefs team was shit.. Pure shit, and , in dismay..
Agreed, Andy did more with less. He took the worst 2012 team in the NFL and turned them into a playoff team after an impressive undefeated streak....Andy is guilty of 2 quarters of complete failure in their playoff game but I still give him the Coach of the year. Then I'd fire him the next day.

Rivera Panthers - loaded team, Kambow needs WR's to win, probably my 2nd pick.

Bill Belichick - Another solid performance, more with less. A couple players short of going the distance. 3rd place.

Pete's hawks have been a team in the making, loaded with talent. 4th

Chip eagles - New to the NFL, team loaded with talent and had all the pieces in place, dismal division, fantastic one game and ugly the next, little consistency, squeaked into the playoffs. 5th

All coaches did fantastic jobs, tough choice.

I'd add Bruce Arians in Arizona for honorable mention. The Arizona Cardinals a 10 and 6 team in the toughest division in the game? They lacked another Division win or two too have been the shocker of the year. If they made the playoffs I'd pick him. Most over achieving team in the NFL. The Chiefs being the 2nd.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

AliceManson wrote:Belichick, without him, the Patriots would have had a losing season and missed the playoffs. They won games because of coaching this year.
Same goes with the other candidates.

Without Brady or Belichick the pats would still be without a ring. They're a package deal. Belichick was a fool to drop Welky and not pick up a replacement. Or whoever had the power, it was foolish of the Pat's not to replace their weapons. They've dropped and picked up WR's for years, this time they blew it.
WhiteHouseSubsAC

UtahRatt wrote:
Bludegeon wrote: Chip eagles - New to the NFL, team loaded with talent and had all the pieces in place, dismal division, fantastic one game and ugly the next, little consistency, squeaked into the playoffs. 5th
Coming off an awful season with a beat down team, losing arguably their best receiver and then their QB (again) with a system that nobody knew and everyone had to buy into. Chip was the biggest enigma in the NFL in a division that they were picked to finish last in. He probably doesn't deserve COY but give the guy a few more props. Also fuck Andy Reid. Same situation as the Eagles, except he waited 10 games before his true colors shone through. Chiefs fans, I don't want to say I told you so but....
WTF

Post by WTF »

UtahRatt wrote: Without Brady or Belichick the pats would still be without a ring. They're a package deal. Belichick was a fool to drop Welky and not pick up a replacement. Or whoever had the power, it was foolish of the Pat's not to replace their weapons. They've dropped and picked up WR's for years, this time they blew it.
Right, but you also don't count on one guy being accused of murder (Hernandez). Amendola could have been a Welker replacement but they knew he was susceptible to injuries, so definitely a bad pickup. Gronkowski...what the fuck can you say? Arm and back injuries and now the knee. They had some decent young talent at wide receiver. Aaron Dobson was hurt, Josh Boyce was injured, the surprising Kenbrell Thompkins got injured, and was just lost some of the time. Fucking tight end who looked like he'd be a monster, Zach Sudfeld, disappeared and then was put on waivers in October.