The Never Ending MMA thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

caroline
MSX Tour Support Act

Re: The Never Ending MMA thread

Post by caroline »

John Simon Ritchie wrote:Goddamn, I loathe wrestle-fuckers...no matter how "skilled" they are at it.
Noke used a specific term in the post-fight snippets to describe it, and it cracked me the fuck up, but do you think I can remember what it was now? Dammit!

John Simon Ritchie
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by John Simon Ritchie »

caroline wrote:
John Simon Ritchie wrote:Goddamn, I loathe wrestle-fuckers...no matter how "skilled" they are at it.
Noke used a specific term in the post-fight snippets to describe it, and it cracked me the fuck up, but do you think I can remember what it was now? Dammit!

Yes, he did. I think it was just a more polite re-wording. :wink:
"I was looking for that great jazz note that destroyed the walls of Jericho." - The Clash, The Sound Of Sinners
Alabama Slammer
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Alabama Slammer »

Change of subject: I've been a huge Faber fan since I saw him in WEC, but I think his window has closed. Y'all think he has a shot at UFC gold?
Alabama Slammer
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Alabama Slammer »

Gotta love a double post. :oops:
jellyheadrobertson
Playing Frat Parties

Post by jellyheadrobertson »

Alabama Slammer wrote:Change of subject: I've been a huge Faber fan since I saw him in WEC, but I think his window has closed. Y'all think he has a shot at UFC gold?
As long as Barao is champion, he will win nothing. Granted it was an early stoppage the last time they fought, but Barao was putting a beating on him. Can't see anyone beating Barao any time soon.
slash4pres
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by slash4pres »

Speaking of Barao, they've made the new main event for 173 Barao vs. Dillashaw, and added Ellenburger vs. Lawler. Could be a pretty badass card afterall.
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

Post by EddieVanHeineken »

jellyheadrobertson wrote:
Alabama Slammer wrote:Change of subject: I've been a huge Faber fan since I saw him in WEC, but I think his window has closed. Y'all think he has a shot at UFC gold?
As long as Barao is champion, he will win nothing. Granted it was an early stoppage the last time they fought, but Barao was putting a beating on him. Can't see anyone beating Barao any time soon.

FAber also took that fight on VERY short notice. Which is a shame. If he had a full camp, I think he could have competed better...
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
to increase the population
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
slash4pres
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by slash4pres »

I don't think anyone has anything for Barao right now, even a healthy Cruz.
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

With no UFC this weekend, it was still a busy combat sports weekend. Rousimar Paul Harris takes home another leg by heel hook, Cyborg gets beat in a muay thai fight, Bravo Gracie rematch was a draw...

Was surprising to see Cyborg get knocked down a few times in that fight. She got kneed in the face in the 3rd or 4th round and went down hard. Not sure why ref Tony Weeks didn't rule it a knock down. Granted she was going against an undefeated world champion. So used to seeing her bully everybody she fights. She did good though considering she only had 2-3 previous mt fights. It really showed though that her dominance comes more from sheer power than technique.
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
caroline
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by caroline »

EddieVanHeineken wrote: It really showed though that her dominance comes more from sheer power than technique.
I thought it came from juice.
caroline
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by caroline »

:lol: The UFC needs to work on its April Fools skills:

For the past several weeks, rumors have been floating around the MMA media that the UFC was pursuing Gina Carano for a return to the Octagon. Carano openly stated that she would definitely be interested in a return, but UFC President Dana White refuted the claim that they were negotiating.

But tonight on a special edition of UFC Tonight, White joined the cast and officially announced that Carano had indeed signed to return to the UFC. And not only had she signed, but she would be immediately put into a title fight versus champion Ronda Rousey at UFC 175 as the co-main event.

“This is a huge moment for UFC and especially women’s MMA. We feel like this could be the most watched UFC fight ever,” said White.

White then announced that the two would also square off in the first ever, ‘bikinis only, jello MMA match.’ The UFC already received approval from the NSAC to hold this special rules match.

So there you have it. The UFC again made history and announced what is sure to be the most epic UFC bout of all-time.
FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

Barnett is going down to light hw....he should be a threat to everyone there although he did struggle with cormier but that was with a broken hand
Luke 16:10 "and he that is unjust in the least, is unjust also in much"
slash4pres
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by slash4pres »

FullDJacket wrote:Barnett is going down to light hw....he should be a threat to everyone there although he did struggle with cormier but that was with a broken hand
Pretty sure that's an April fool's joke.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

slash4pres wrote:
FullDJacket wrote:Barnett is going down to light hw....he should be a threat to everyone there although he did struggle with cormier but that was with a broken hand
Can the guy even get to that weight?
I don't think so.
Earl Skakel
Headlining Clubs

Post by Earl Skakel »

yeahbuddy wrote:
slash4pres wrote:
Can the guy even get to that weight?
I don't think so.
If he cut off his big bologna pancake nipples I could see him at 205. :shock:

Earl
The Inappropriate Earl Podcast is on Itunes or Soundcloud
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ina ... 96362?mt=2
https://soundcloud.com/inappropriate-earl
http://www.twitter.com/earlskakel
New comedy album out on Itunes under Earl Skakel
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

If he cut off his big bologna pancake nipples I could see him at 205. :shock:

Earl
He got his ass handed to him at 168.
Brutal!
He was out on Browne's knee & Browne kept pounding
away with those elbows.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

Did you guys hear about the Holly Holm fight last night?
She broke her arm in the 1st or 2nd rd & ended up ko'ing
her opponent in the 5th with leg kick.
I'm trying to find a link to fight, but have had no luck.
slash4pres
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by slash4pres »

Jake Shields cut by mean old Dana
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

Big County laid waste to Big Nog today. Nasty KO. Hope Nog retires...nothing left for him to do.
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

Sorry for the lame aprils fools joke. I was hoping someone would take the bait.

My thoughts on the two latest UFC shows:

Akira Corassani is the biggest pussy in mma. The guy takes one uppercut that didn't even shake him...didn't even wobble him....and the guy lies down like a girl. That just pissed me off

For some reason it was just fascinating to watch all those sheiks stand there with there smart phones taking pictures of Big Country and his giant beer belly. I can't put my finger on it but it was just such a bizarre moment.
Luke 16:10 "and he that is unjust in the least, is unjust also in much"
slash4pres
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by slash4pres »

Werdum Sub
Tate Decision
Cerrone KO
Romero KO
Nuurmadurkdurkaiwrestledabearstan KO
Alves KO
Healy KO

Really fucking stacked card today.
mullet_head
Headlining Clubs

Post by mullet_head »

What a great event. Best one in quite a while, for sure.
slash4pres wrote: Cerrone KO
I kind of felt bad for Barboza, the guy's stand up skills are something else, whooped Cerrone's ass then gets put on queer street by a jab. Lol.
jellyheadrobertson
Playing Frat Parties

Post by jellyheadrobertson »

Browne got schooled! Thought the Tate fight was rubbish. No way that should have been the co main event. The rest were good. I wished the Cerrone fight would have lasted longer.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

Seriously,
I must be missing something with everybody saying it was such a great
night of fights.

The main event was boring.
Once Werdum took Browne's best shot & survived, he coasted the entire fight. Throw some punches, land a few kicks, and get the heck out. The
championship rounds were a snooze. Werdum didn't even try to finish
Browne. He has absolutely zero chance of beating Cain. Cain is going to maul the hell out of that guy.

The Tate fight showed me how much Rousey is in a league all her own. Another boring fight. Maybe 30 or 40 seconds of a possible submission. Other than that, boring.

The Cerrone fight- Caught me & everybody else by surprise. It started off like the typical Cerrone fight where he is in not in charge & ends up losing. Then came the jab & submission & end of fight.

For the most part all the fights were one sided.

How was this such a great night of fights?
slash4pres
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by slash4pres »

yeahbuddy wrote:Seriously,
night of fights.

Once Werdum took Browne's best shot & survived, he coasted the entire fight. Throw some punches, land a few kicks, and get the heck out. The
Browne. He has absolutely zero chance of beating Cain. Cain is going to maul the hell out of that guy.

The Tate fight showed me how much Rousey is in a league all her own. Another boring fight. Maybe 30 or 40 seconds of a possible submission. Other than that, boring.

The Cerrone fight- Caught me & everybody else by surprise. It started off like the typical Cerrone fight where he is in not in charge & ends up losing. Then came the jab & submission & end of fight.

Because it doesn't need to be a KO fest to be a good card. The Romero fight was great, they way he effortlessly ragdolled him around was a thing of beauty. The Cerrone fight was an amazing finish. The Co Main was kinda boring, but the near sub at the end had me out of my seat. Werdum schooled Browne's ass in the ME, and fought conservatively because it's a 5 round fight against a guy that could KO him even when exhausted. Why would he take the chance of overexerting himself/getting KOed when he was clearly up on the cards and a title shot is on the line?
slash4pres
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by slash4pres »

night of fights.

Because it doesn't need to be a KO fest to be a good card. The Romero fight was great, they way he effortlessly ragdolled him around was a thing of beauty. The Cerrone fight was an amazing finish. The Co Main was kinda boring, but the near sub at the end had me out of my seat. Werdum schooled Browne's ass in the ME, and fought conservatively because it's a 5 round fight against a guy that could KO him even when exhausted. Why would he take the chance of overexerting himself/getting KOed when he was clearly up on the cards and a title shot is on the line?
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

slash4pres wrote:
night of fights.

So,
one sided fights are a thing of beauty?
Who said anything about every fight having to have a KO? These fights were not competitive in the least.

Werdum-
why would he take a chance of overexerting himself & getting ko'd?
Are you kidding me? These guys are fighters that is what they do they fight. He did enough to win, and that's it. You think he has a shot against
Cain?
Werdum basically took the Carlos Condit vs Nick Diaz road to victory. How'd that work out for him when he finally fought GSP?
mullet_head
Headlining Clubs

Post by mullet_head »

I didn't watch the chick fight, but other than that I didn't see any stinkers.
Thiago Alves' return was awesome, put on a great show. I was looking forward to it and also the Mein and kabhib's respective matches but ended up enjoying all the preliminary fights (didn't watch the early prelims tho).

Barboza put on a striking clinic, then Cerrone's come back was like "Wow".
yeahbuddy wrote: Werdum basically took the Carlos Condit vs Nick Diaz road to victory. How'd that work out for him when he finally fought GSP?
I don't know where you drew that comparison from, there are no similarities whatsoever.
Browne has that Hendo factor, where even when he's losing he can knock out the guy out of nowhere. I enjoyed that tension throughout the fight, the fact that werdum was able to take him down and I also enjoyed his striking, it's getting up there.
Just because he didn't leave his face there for Browne to knock out doesn't make it Condit-diaz. If Overeem couldn't overeeem him, werdum sure as hell wasn't going to. He consistently whooped his ass throughout 5 rounds and looked good doing so.

You didn't like the awesome card, nothing I can tell you is going to change your mind.
Different strokes and all...to me it felt like an old school type of cards filled with relevant names and awesome fights, instead of this latest trend of one or two good fights and the rest is filler.
slash4pres
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by slash4pres »

Texeira KO
Davis Sub
Rockhold Decision
Miller sub
Fili KO
John Simon Ritchie
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by John Simon Ritchie »

New TUF started...fuck you Urbina. :wink:
"I was looking for that great jazz note that destroyed the walls of Jericho." - The Clash, The Sound Of Sinners