The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Artemis2085
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Re: The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

Post by Artemis2085 »

Glad I could help.

Mia Tyler posted this on Twitter today. Fuckin rad.

"The ultimate #UltimateWarrior tribute. rip big man"
Professional Hater
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Potato cakes.
Aesop wrote: I tire of pussies that refuse to speak their mind, defend this great nation, or seek employment.
bigbuttskinner
Headlining Clubs

Post by bigbuttskinner »

eddie lee roth wrote:For a minute there I wasn't sure I was on the right website. You crybabies getting all defensive over other's bringing up the fact that Warrior said and believed in a bunch of backwards shit need to lighten up.

Of course all the shit that happened from Saturday night thru Tuesday evening makes for a stunning WTF just happened type of story it still doesn't change what he's said in the past.

Who knows along with letting shit between him and the WWE go maybe he could of had a change of heart about his bigoted ways, probably not but maybe it's nice to think he did, he did after all seemed at peace with the wrestling industry and had a big old grin on his face his last few days.

Please get off your fuckin soapbox with your sad fucking puppy love though, you know where you are don't you? I can remember Ziggy one time mentioning that every time he sees my Keith Richard pic he wished he was dead I just replied back with a laughing smilie.

I can also remember Skinner posting either his gay wedding photo or one of the funniest unintentional gay looking pics on here in a long time. Are you OK with all the shit that was thrown your way over that because you didn't say anything but one bad word about Warrior and you sound just like the little kid that all of you brought up with your love stories between you and the Warrior.

edited to add - I gotta apologize to skinner about the gay wedding photo I just found out it was kid-wicked I get you guys mixed up with your avatars. You still are a bitch though. :mrgreen:

In closing fuck all of you motherfuckers this place sucks. :lol:

That's quality of you to call me out on some picture that I never posted and then correct yourself. So, some crush on the other poster? But really, no one on this site or anywhere in the world can say they have always shown empathy for others and never said a harsh word about someone. We all have. So what if Warrior did. Isn't that his right as an American to feel free to speak his mind? We all have the right to disagree if we feel so strongly. But the fact of the matter is a man died leaving behind a wife and two daughters. Not even a week can go by before people come out of the wood work to shit talk him. What does that say about you?
michelish wrote: VH album will be dropping first half of 2019. Album has been completed for a few months. They've been recording on and off since just after last tour.Finalizing title and artwork.
Nitrorulz wrote: I predict “The Dirt” will do double that.
referring to Queen movie
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Post by SebastianLeeDanzig »

Probably that we're not hypocrites and possess a morally sound set of ethics? Unlike a bona fide bigot extremist dumbfuck who used his fame and his precious freedom of speech as a superman American for nothing but to promote atavistic ideals that historically exploited the better part of humanity.

Yeah, I think I'll sleep at night.
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

Bringing up his daughters as part of an argument against anybody with the temerity to question Warrior's appalling world view is fairly low.
And screaming 'freedom of speech' at people utilising theirs is ridiculous.

In 1989, the Ultimate Warrior character was awesome. Since then, Jim Hellwig repeatedly proved himself to be a piece of shit in the public eye. That it's sad for his family is a given, but I don't think you'll find anybody was denying that, and it doesn't change my opinion of the man's views, or my willingness to refer to that major part of his public persona upon his death. Why should it?
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

DOWN2WHISKEY wrote:

It's sounds bizarre ... top officials leaving their jobs to handle mundane chores, but that's how important Warrior was to the WWE.

Oh come on. It's good they're helping out, and I'm sure that she needs a hand during such a tough time, but this is damage control as much as anything. Another former superstar dies young, this one right after being brought back into the fold for he biggest event of the year? You know Vince and co are looking at how this all plays in the media. Now that doesn't preclude them also being concerned for her and honestly wanting to help - I'm not saying that. But these measures aren't solely altruistic, and they're not solely out of respect for the Warrior's legacy. Let's not be naive.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
Ltfrnkdrebn
Jamming in Parent's Basement

Post by Ltfrnkdrebn »

The guy was so out of his mind it makes me wonder if he took some sort of medication to try and kill himself over the weekend during the Hall Of Fame and WrestleMania. He could have tried to plan it for Monday but missed it by a day.

It would sure make headlines, during his HOF speech and during RAW it was like he was saying bye to his family.

I guess we wont know until his autopsy is done
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

DOWN2WHISKEY wrote:
demolition23 wrote:
DOWN2WHISKEY wrote:

It's sounds bizarre ... top officials leaving their jobs to handle mundane chores, but that's how important Warrior was to the WWE.

Oh come on. It's good they're helping out, and I'm sure that she needs a hand during such a tough time, but this is damage control as much as anything. Another former superstar dies young, this one right after being brought back into the fold for he biggest event of the year? You know Vince and co are looking at how this all plays in the media. Now that doesn't preclude them also being concerned for her and honestly wanting to help - I'm not saying that. But these measures aren't solely altruistic, and they're not solely out of respect for the Warrior's legacy. Let's not be naive.
That is not my opinion, it is TMZ's!
Oops. Well, TMZ are dummies then.
TheInfiniteStaircase
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by TheInfiniteStaircase »

demolition23 wrote:
DOWN2WHISKEY wrote:

According to some Wrestling "News" sites, the WWE did the same thing for Vickie Guerrero after Eddie died.
sliquor

Post by sliquor »

I saw Ultimate Warrior in the WWF before he debuted.
It was at a house show at a high school gym (yes that's were many of their shows were held back then) in 87 I believe.
I had seen him on WCCW (via cable) a year or so earlier.
He did not wrestle that night but was walking around the crowd (500+ miles from Texas) & seemed genuinely shocked that some fans recognized him.
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

DOWN2WHISKEY wrote:Classy gesture by the WWE.....

http://www.tmz.com/2014/04/12/ultimate- ... z2yj0JEHO9

The WWE is helping Ultimate Warrior's wife cope with her husband's sudden death ... flying two senior WWE officials to Arizona to stand by and help her.

We're told the WWE sent the employees almost immediately after Warrior died ... their main task is helping his wife Dana handle little things -- grocery shopping, letting other family members know what's going on -- so she can focus on being with their daughters.

As we previously reported, Warrior died outside an Arizona hotel Tuesday ... after suffering what officials called a "catastrophic medical event."

During his recent WWE Hall of Fame induction, Warrior had high praise for his wife.
Hm... so far this whole "WWE network" concept sounded super boring, but make those two senior officials be Iron Sheik and Superfly Snuka, film that shit, and you got yourself one awesome TV show.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

^
I don't know why it's only available in the U.S. for the time being but whenever it makes it's way over to you check it out it's not a bad deal at all.

It's wrestling overload there's no way you can watch all the stuff that is on there it's a huge libary and 1 PPV pays for the whole 6 months they want you to sign up for.
sliquor

Post by sliquor »

WWE has signed former NFL linebacker Shawne Merriman:

You can picture Merriman in professional wrestling, right? He has the "Lights Out" nickname, looks like he could hold his own in the ring and it's easy to see him doing his old sack dance right before his finishing move.

The news that Merriman is working with the WWE came from "The John Layfield and Michael Cole Show," via SB Nation's Testudo Times blog. The Testudo Times says it's unclear what role the former Chargers and Bills linebacker will have with the wrestling organization. WrestleChat.net said the plan is for Merriman to be an announcer while he trains to be a wrestler, then make the transition to the ring when he's ready.

Merriman took the NFL by storm as a first-round pick by San Diego in 2005. He won the NFL defensive rookie of the year award in 2005, led the NFL with 17 sacks in 2006 and made three straight Pro Bowls in his first three seasons. Merriman tore knee ligaments in 2008 and tried to play through it before eventually having surgery. He was never the same, with just six more NFL sacks before walking away from the game after the 2012 season.

The rumors really got going when WWE star Rey Mysterio Jr. posted a photo with Merriman on his Instragram account with the hastag #futurewwesuperstar:

More at:
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... 09394.html
Angry Jew
Appetite For Chinese Democracy
Location: Buffalo,NY (Lets go SABRES!)-Swinging on Axl's nuts waiting patiently for Chinese Democracy part 2

Post by Angry Jew »

Although Jeff Jarrett has put off todays planned announcement about his new Global Force Wrestling promotion until tomorrow, there are still some interesting tidbits doing the rounds about his new (and old!) venture, so we’ve listed them here.

Most interestingly, in this interview with the Tennesean, Jarrett states that he’s still the largest shareholder of TNA Wrestling other than Panda Energy. His share is thought to be 29% with Panda owning the rest.

Other than that, the speculation centers around who Jarrett plans to have on the GFW roster. Obviously his strong ties to TNA and their continued shedding of talent gives him a distinct advantage as a start up promoter.

He’s said to be scouting the major indies, such as ROH and DragonGate looking for up and comers to make his promotion feel fresh and vibrant but he’s also wise enough to know that he’ll need some familiar faces to draw viewers in the first place.

Here are some names to think about:

Chris Sabin is supposed to have worked his last date with TNA. At this point he’ll be considering all of his options, much like AJ Styles did when he left TNA. With no other contracts already having been signed by Sabin he may well walk out of one Jarrett founded promotion straight into another.

Speaking of AJ Styles, he’s recently signed a one year contract with New Japan and has been working dates with Ring of Honor, but New Japan typically tour for only two weeks a month and any national exposure Jarretts new promotion gets would surely be above that of ROH and could benefit Styles enough to be interested.

Kevin Steen is an interesting name that’s been bandied about. His deal with ROH is said to be up very shortly and signing one of THE top indy names at this point would help GFW seperate itself from the “wannabe” stigma TNA has built by signing primarily WWE cast offs.

The contracts of both Kazarian and Christopher Daniels are said to be up in the coming weeks and Kurt Angles contract is up with TNA in September with Samoa Joes in December

Kurt Angle would walk straight into the legend role every promotion needs and all of the rest of these men are excellent wrestlers in their own right, with Steen and Sabin especially being young enough to build a promotion around.

Jarrett also has friends in Japan too, it wouldn’t be surprising to see the TNA-Wrestle 1 affiliation cut short should Global Force Wrestling get a respectable TV deal.

Interesting times….
http://twfnews.com/home/jarrett-still-p ... eculation/
Where's Izzy?
FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

Is roh indie? Theyre owned by one of the big broadcast tv companies.

Im psyched for the roh/njpw show, it could be a disaster but looks great on paper.
Luke 16:10 "and he that is unjust in the least, is unjust also in much"
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Watched about the first 20 minutes of the first Warrior special that debuted last night on the WWE network.

Everynight this week is supposed to be something different and last nights was his greatest matches so I didn't care all that much to look at that episode.

Part of what I watched had different wrestlers talking about him and then they would go into another match. This was the first time I've ever seen Sting actually talk on a WWE show and they also had their little WW emblem in the lower corner of the screen as he shared his memories.

What I've read so far is that he did sign a contract and that you'd see him eventually having some tv time as a M.N.R. GM or some shit like that.

The plan was to have a slow build to eventually having a match that was supposed to be against Taker at WM but that's gone out the windows since Taker is too broke down.
Angry Jew
Location: Buffalo,NY (Lets go SABRES!)-Swinging on Axl's nuts waiting patiently for Chinese Democracy part 2

Post by Angry Jew »

WWE's website posted the following letter from The Ultimate Warrior's wife Dana this morning:

Dearest Warriors,

It is with an absolutely broken heart I reach out to you. Since the passing of my husband, I have been fortunate enough to insulate my sweet girls and myself from the outside world. In this bubble we have grieved and continue to do so. For a week, I did not allow any television or media to seep through our cocoon. I was told, though, of the outpouring of love for my beloved husband and support for, as he always called us, his Warrior Girls. I can only say thank you.

On Sunday night, I was told WWE would pay tribute to Warrior and so I set the DVR planning to watch it when we were ready. As the hour neared, I broke resolve and turned on every TV in the house to full blast and snuggled our daughters close to me on the couch, unsure what we would see. As the scene unfolded with that amazing roster of talent gathered donning Ultimate Warrior shirts and even his face paint, we cheered and sobbed simultaneously. To everyone who stood there, thank you. My girls will remember your bowed heads for the rest of their lives. You are not just Superstars; you are super people.

I cannot put words to what that video tribute meant. We watched it multiple times and, this morning, it was how I started my day; mornings are the hardest for me. I will treasure that song and those images more than anything I own. Vindication. ULTIMATE PERFECTION.

I was told it was reported WWE was "there" for us. "There" is the understatement of a lifetime. They were a warm blanket to us three and we were quickly absorbed into their family. Words are cheap; promises are forever. This family is one I'm honored to be a member of and will gladly be the warm blanket to any of them who need me next.

My husband's speech had so many highlights for me as I sat proudly in the audience looking on at his moment ... I most loved his request for the Hall of Fame to include the, as he called them, "true Superstars," those behind-the-scenes people who make the machine run. See, I'm the person who puts up the ring in our house. I'm the background person who makes things happen seamlessly. I am surrounded by performers in my husband and children, so I felt a kinship with all the people he wanted to shine a spotlight upon who make WWE work. He loved you all, and knew that each of you made his run there possible. Thank you!

To all the ULTIMATE WARRIOR fans: THANK YOU!! He told me when he shook the ropes it was him gathering strength from each of you. Warrior respected you and loved you as do the girls and I. I will reach out to the ropes for your strength to sustain me in the sad days that the girls and I face. UNWAVERING is what you've been. GRATEFUL is what we are.

The Undertaker and I have a lot more in common than you might think. You see, I had a bit of a streak of my own going for the last 20 years. Yes, Warrior and I would have matches of our own ... He would yell, I would cry, he would submit, I would win - always. My quivering chin and "pooched" lip was always more powerful than any clothesline or gorilla press slam. He'd laugh and shake his head and say,"you win, Pooch," but really we both did.

My streak was broken April 8, 2014 when he collapsed. I fought and screamed and cried for him not to leave me, but I wasn't to win this round. Heaven won and I lost, but I had the ULTIMATE love for 20 years and my children learned to be Warriors from THE ULTIMATE DAD. I wouldn't trade a moment of the life we shared, good or bad, for anything on God's green earth. He is the love of my life and gave me the gift of our beautiful, sweet, amazing girls. He was loyal and kind and strong and brave. He taught me to live by his creed,"Live Strong, Act Bold, Be Brave. Nothing's too hard to do, ALWAYS BELIEVE," and with that creed I will carry on and make him proud.

Streaks are broken but legends live forever.

Always Believe,

Dana A. Warrior
Where's Izzy?
That-guy
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by That-guy »

Anybody else hear the rumor about Undertaker dying? It was a hoax so if not, you didn't miss anything.
kylel
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by kylel »

That-guy
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by That-guy »

Of course it is, what part of it seems fake? I totally believe the part with Michelle McCool " hitting him across the back with a folding chair". :lol:

Seriously though, so soon after Warrior dies might not be the best time for a "joke" like this.
Angry Jew

Post by Angry Jew »

It was reported by The Wrestling Observer Newsletter this week that former TNA star Jesse Neal is now working the night shift at Walmart in Orlando. Once the news got out, Neal wrote the following on Twitter:

"It's funny how ppl make fun about real jobs and wrestlers we r human too and I have a family to provide for. So YES I man up and provide/"

"The biggest joke of all is I get paid way more at Walmart then I ever did in TNA and on time. #whatawasteoftime #PrintThat"

"I started wrestling to live a dream/make money/tell stories/learn as much as I can to give back to the people. Which I was as a kid."

"Don't think that this is bitterness or pissed I'm not on their show anymore. Cuz remember I left them they didn't leave me. #truth"

"I'm still wrestling an loving it Having more fun then I've ever had There's a lot of lies going around its just time ppl heard the #truth"
Where's Izzy?
ParaDime77
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by ParaDime77 »

Can somebody post that here?
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Woo, Eric Young actually survived one week with the belt! I like that they're giving him a title run, although it's a little tainted by the blatant "underdog" booking à la Bryan Danielson, complete with stupid beard references. EY could easily get over as champ without any "against all odds" bravado.
Angry Jew wrote:It was reported by The Wrestling Observer Newsletter this week that former TNA star Jesse Neal is now working the night shift at Walmart in Orlando. Once the news got out, Neal wrote the following on Twitter:

"It's funny how ppl make fun about real jobs and wrestlers we r human too and I have a family to provide for. So YES I man up and provide/"

"The biggest joke of all is I get paid way more at Walmart then I ever did in TNA and on time. #whatawasteoftime #PrintThat"

"I started wrestling to live a dream/make money/tell stories/learn as much as I can to give back to the people. Which I was as a kid."

"Don't think that this is bitterness or pissed I'm not on their show anymore. Cuz remember I left them they didn't leave me. #truth"

"I'm still wrestling an loving it Having more fun then I've ever had There's a lot of lies going around its just time ppl heard the #truth"
He's right, of course. He was boring as fuck, though, so good for him on doing something more appropriate.
That-guy
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by That-guy »

I completely forgot about Jesse Neil until I just read that. :lol:
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

Got the WWE Network, watched the Warrior special, man talk about fucking heavy. Surreal watching that knowing what would happen to him.
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

Where can I watch this? (Other than the Network)
Professional Hater
Aesop wrote: I tire of pussies that refuse to speak their mind, defend this great nation, or seek employment.
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

Artemis2085 wrote:Where can I watch this? (Other than the Network)
Pay the fucking ten bucks.
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

I'm thoroughly convinced that the WWE Network is the steal of steals at $10/month. The amount of content available is astounding. Watching "Legends House" this morning, some funny stuff there.
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

Warrior documentary:
http://m.youtube.com/?q=legends+of+wres ... 2-LfEATtBg

I wasn't prepared for just how good this was. By far the best produced, most honest thing they've ever produced. When they showed Hogan's deposition my jaw dropped. Vince crying throughout most of it was crazy too. But its also painfully obvious that Warrior is huffing & puffing his way through it and walking a bit gingerly.

There's talk of it airing on USA or another network outlet soon due to the response its gotten. I hope so. I didn't think they'd ever top Rise & Fall Of ECW, The Definitive Ric Flair Collection or even the Road Warriors documentaries. This one is very special.
Professional Hater
bigbuttskinner
Headlining Clubs

Post by bigbuttskinner »

Artemis2085 wrote:Warrior documentary:
http://m.youtube.com/?q=legends+of+wres ... 2-LfEATtBg

I wasn't prepared for just how good this was. By far the best produced, most honest thing they've ever produced. When they showed Hogan's deposition my jaw dropped. Vince crying throughout most of it was crazy too. But its also painfully obvious that Warrior is huffing & puffing his way through it and walking a bit gingerly.

There's talk of it airing on USA or another network outlet soon due to the response its gotten. I hope so. I didn't think they'd ever top Rise & Fall Of ECW, The Definitive Ric Flair Collection or even the Road Warriors documentaries. This one is very special.
So why won't you get the network?
michelish wrote: VH album will be dropping first half of 2019. Album has been completed for a few months. They've been recording on and off since just after last tour.Finalizing title and artwork.
Nitrorulz wrote: I predict “The Dirt” will do double that.
referring to Queen movie
lizardking
Taking Music Lessons

Post by lizardking »

. It is a great deal for 10$ a month. Glad I got it!!
What's more of a joke, a rock n' roll icon, playing in front of thousands of fans with a legendary catalogue of classic songs, or some anonymous loser that can't stop whining about him?