The official NHL thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Frett_Bored
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Re: The official NHL thread

Post by Frett_Bored »

Jackets earn one in Pittsburgh to tie it up at 1 game each.

Nationwide will be rocking on Monday night.
pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by pieceofme »

Frett_Bored wrote:Jackets earn one in Pittsburgh to tie it up at 1 game each.

Nationwide will be rocking on Monday night.
Congrats for you guys.

MacKinnon is just killiing it for the Avs. 7 points in his first two playoff games. Should have taken him in my fantasy pool. :lol: :x
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Seabrook got 3 games for his assault on David Backes. That's about what I expected, though I would like to see him out for as long as Backes can't play.

Lucic got a $5000 fine for his deliberate shot to Dekeyser's nads. Seeing that it's the 2nd time this year he's done that, I would have liked to see him get a game, but Jeremy Jacobs and Gary Betteman are best buds, so the B's will always get the breaks.

Curious to see if Bickell gets a call for the knee on knee vs Sobotka.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Seabrook got 3 games for his assault on David Backes. That's about what I expected, though I would like to see him out for as long as Backes can't play.

Lucic got a $5000 fine for his deliberate shot to Dekeyser's nads. Seeing that it's the 2nd time this year he's done that, I would have liked to see him get a game, but Jeremy Jacobs and Gary Betteman are best buds, so the B's will always get the breaks.

pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

WOLF wrote:Seabrook got 3 games for his assault on David Backes. That's about what I expected, though I would like to see him out for as long as Backes can't play.

Read that nothing is going to happen with that. Which is ridiculous. As is the fine for Lucic. Seriously $5000. That is peanuts for him.

Also a bunch of Chicago fans are complaining that they are getting hard done by. Watching the games, it seems the refs are more biased against the Blues than the Hawks. Also, they keep bringing up the Orpik hit on Toews earlier in the year, and how Orpik didn't get fined. The Seabrook hit was far worse imo.

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
John Simon Ritchie

Post by John Simon Ritchie »

*Whew!* got the split in New York. Emery played a great game today. But Giroux, Simmonds, Hartnell, etc need to start putting some pucks in the fucking net.
"I was looking for that great jazz note that destroyed the walls of Jericho." - The Clash, The Sound Of Sinners
ralphwiggumsdealer
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by ralphwiggumsdealer »

WOLF wrote: so the B's will always get the breaks.
It's always amusing when Habs fans complain about other teams getting the calls. :)
Moggio wrote:
jpf wrote:Do you realize how stupid you are?
Do you?
alecjonsludge

Post by alecjonsludge »

ralphwiggumsdealer wrote:
It's always amusing when Habs fans complain about other teams getting the calls. :)

To be fair, they've certainly got a lot less since this guy retired :

Pretty sure he was getting paid by Molson during their first run as owners of the Habs.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

B's get the breaks far more than the Habs these days. Than anyone really... It is a fact that Betteman's closest ally in Jeremy Jacobs, and that Colin Campbell's son played for the team while Campbell worked for the league. No team gets off easier when it comes to supplementary discipline.

Face it - the NHL is a US league now. There's no love for the Canadian teams.

However - the refs calling off Tampa's second goal yesterday WAS a bad call. Price sold it perfectly, and that kind of interference is not reviewable. Basically the refs saw Price on his ass, and the puck in the net, and waved off the goal.

BUT, the facts don't change. I've watched every minute of the Habs/Tampa series and the Canadiens have been the better team in all three games. It would have been 5-0 after 1 yesterday if it weren't for Lindback. The 100 point Lightning are not this team. Unless the Habs make a mistake, or Stamkos is on the ice, they can't create offence.
ralphwiggumsdealer

Post by ralphwiggumsdealer »

Just bustin' your balls Wolf.. I'm a Flames fan from way back, so I'm sure you understand. :)

That pic of Kerry Fraser says it all..
Moggio wrote:
jpf wrote:Do you realize how stupid you are?
Do you?
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

pieceofme wrote:
WOLF wrote:Seabrook got 3 games for his assault on David Backes. That's about what I expected, though I would like to see him out for as long as Backes can't play.

Read that nothing is going to happen with that. Which is ridiculous. As is the fine for Lucic. Seriously $5000. That is peanuts for him.

Also a bunch of Chicago fans are complaining that they are getting hard done by. Watching the games, it seems the refs are more biased against the Blues than the Hawks. Also, they keep bringing up the Orpik hit on Toews earlier in the year, and how Orpik didn't get fined. The Seabrook hit was far worse imo.
Blackhawks fan here. What Seabrook did was indefensible and appalling. And stupid. It cost his team the game. Lot of other fans agree with me.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Facedown »

First it was "B's get all the penalty calls to go their way" and now it's "B's get all the disciplinary calls in their favor".
:lol:
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

johnk5150 wrote:
pieceofme wrote:

Blackhawks fan here. What Seabrook did was indefensible and appalling. And stupid. It cost his team the game. Lot of other fans agree with me.
I think it may have cost you guys the series. The Hawks HAD game 2. Seabrook's penalty turned the tide. I don't know if they can recover now. I'm sure he'd take it back if he could, he's a great player and that play probably did not wind up how he envisioned it. Sometimes the guy moves the puck quicker than you think he will, your timing is fucked up, and shit happens fast.
Bassmaster1984
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by Bassmaster1984 »

Are the Shrks that good or is LA in a bad funk? Damn...
"You just pick a chord, go twang, and you've got music." Sid Vicious
alecjonsludge

Post by alecjonsludge »

Bassmaster1984 wrote:Are the Shrks that good or is LA in a bad funk? Damn...

Hoping they're that good, loaded up on Sharks in the pool I'm in. HUGE game points wise for me last night,opened up a slight lead on the guy who took MacKinnon and a few Av's.
theglammerthebetter

Post by theglammerthebetter »

alecjonsludge wrote:

To be fair, they've certainly got a lot less since this guy retired :

Pretty sure he was getting paid by Molson during their first run as owners of the Habs.
Boy do i hate that fucker

Denis "molson" Morel who was a nhl ref in the early 80's did have a summer job for Molson breweries in MTL during the off season when that became known here in quebec city he had to quit it , later on he became a scout for the habs :lol:
Last edited by theglammerthebetter on Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
They say all good boys go to heaven
But bad boys bring heaven to you
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

johnk5150 wrote:
pieceofme wrote:

Yeah, I made the mistake of going onto a Chicago board. I know not every Chicago fans thinks that.

Frett_Bored

Post by Frett_Bored »

Three 4-3 games.
Three 3-1 leads blown.

WTF?

Nationwide was freaking loud, and, for once, the fan split was about 85/15 for the Jackets. But it wasn't enough. On to Wednesday.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Frett_Bored wrote:Three 4-3 games.
Three 3-1 leads blown.

WTF?

Nationwide was freaking loud, and, for once, the fan split was about 85/15 for the Jackets. But it wasn't enough. On to Wednesday.
Pens SUCK right now; they just show glimpses of what they're capable of. It's incredible that the BJ's should be winning this series 3-0.

I'll chalk the blown leads up to inexperience and playoff jitters, because the Columbus club is going places. As for the Pens, if they keep playing like this, and IF they win this series, I can't see them beating a seasoned opponent.
alecjonsludge

Post by alecjonsludge »

Malkin seems disinterested.With the blanket coverage on Sid,they need Malkin to step up.When he is on,he's a machine,but far too often for my liking he goes into these moods where he half asses it.

Also,Fleury. He's not playing horribly but he's being way outplayed by Bob.

Pens emptied the cupboards of role players,3rd,4th liners and draft picks the past few years in order to make 2 Cup runs and the disastrous run last year.

They're built for flashy 100 point regular seasons-not for the bump and grind/hook and hold playoffs.

As well liked and respected as Bylsma is, he get horribly outcoached in the playoffs.He seems indifferent to line matching and defensive matchups.He just keeps tapping Sid on the shoulder every second shift and hopes for the best.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Habs are through to the division finals.

I imagine they will match up against the Bruins. We probably have the best chance in the East to beat them, but having said that, I don't hold out much hope. B's have allowed 2 goals in 3 games vs. Wings and look airtight.

At very least we'll be rested/healed, and ready to be battered physically.
alecjonsludge

Post by alecjonsludge »

Not trying to take anything from the Habs,a sweep is a sweep.
However,Anders Lindback is no Tuukka Rask. Those 1 or 2 soft as butter goals the Habs got in every game this series won't happen against him. Having said that, the Habs do play well against the Bruins,probably better than anyone from the East,I just don't think the smurfs have enough intestional fortitude to take the beatings they're gonna take over a seven game series.
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Would be quite the Cup run IF the B's beat the Wings, Canadiens, and Pens to get there.
Would love to see another shot at the Hawks.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Rangers! 2 -1 over the Fhiladelphia Plyers

Now I'll have to find out what channel Friday's game is on. My attention span has been pulling up the sports section once or twice a week and have watched a handful of games all year. Not sure how the Rangers match up to anyone, all I've seen is stats. They always get dragged into a long first and conference series then run outta gas.

Guess they have a better shot then a Canadian team. Canada didn't send one to the playoffs last year either? Wait, Montreal made it in...I'd rather Montreal take it then Boston.
I made a promise me and a friend will cross the border to catch a Flames game next season. I made sure to mention it's the regular season.

Go Rangers!
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

Columbus is going ape. I could hear Nationwide from 40 miles away!
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
Frett_Bored

Post by Frett_Bored »

Tymaster wrote:Columbus is going ape. I could hear Nationwide from 40 miles away!
Just got back. The roof lifted when Duby tied it, and blew off when Foligno won it.

Hands down the loudest game I've ever been to.

Another 4-3 game, another 3-1 lead (3-0 actually) blown.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

KANER
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

4 games in and Crosby/Malkin have 0 goals each, only a dozen shots each, and are -3 and 0 respectively re +/-.

All around the league you see leaders and prime time players stepping up, and these guys are essentially turtling. PATHETIC.

If the Pens don't get it together, I'm guessing Bylsma is looking for a job this off season, and Fleury might have a new home. I hope the Pens' stars feel at least somewhat responsible for the former.

And yes, I'm pissed because I took Crosby in the first round of my playoff pool... and Neal and Jokinen later on!
wickedsensation

Post by wickedsensation »

johnk5150 wrote:KANER
I was getting nervous when the Blues scored two goals toward the end of the 2nd period. Luckily the Hawks came out on top!
uptheass wrote:the best ownings are yet to come
Itwalksamongus wrote:We were young and dumb and full of cum so we would take turns in the back of the van jacking each other off. It wasn't gay - it was out of necessity. Things were a lot different back then.
alecjonsludge

Post by alecjonsludge »

WOLF wrote:4 games in and Crosby/Malkin have 0 goals each, only a dozen shots each, and are -3 and 0 respectively re +/-.

All around the league you see leaders and prime time players stepping up, and these guys are essentially turtling. PATHETIC.

If the Pens don't get it together, I'm guessing Bylsma is looking for a job this off season, and Fleury might have a new home. I hope the Pens' stars feel at least somewhat responsible for the former.

And yes, I'm pissed because I took Crosby in the first round of my playoff pool... and Neal and Jokinen later on!

First time in a long time I took no Pens in our pool,Wolf. Actually,I did take Bennett with my "John Druce" Pick(wildcard).

This is the weakest the Pens have been since 2007. Sid's,Geno's,Tanger's,Kunitz's and Flower's contracts swallow a tonne of cap space,leaving them with AHL'ers such as Magna and Gibbons(and their low,low cap hits) filling in spots they're not capable of.

Bylsma is gone.The writing was on the wall this summer when Martin was brought in as an assistant. He's been outcoached this series and his presser last night was as futile an attempt to fire up a squad as I've ever seen. Thanks for the Cup,Dan, but it's time to go.

As for Fleury, two words : compliance buyout. The Cap is going up next season and if the can get his 5 million off the books as well it might be enough to lure a solid goalie there. Miller's name has been tossed around on the message boards,but it's well known he wants to go west.Halak would be a good fit,IMO.

As a Pens fan,it's maddening. Fleury always has 2 or 3 saves on those end of the year Top 10 saves lists that the networks put out.Conversely, he'll also have 2 or 3 miscues on the Top 10 gaffes of the year that the same networks also put out.He'll make 2 miraculous saves a game but then let in a softer than wet cheese shot to break your heart. He's the anti-Grant Fuhr- he'll make a tonne of saves,just not when they count.

Having said that, Sid and Geno need to be held accountable more than Fleury.