The official NHL thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

alecjonsludge
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Re: The official NHL thread

Post by alecjonsludge »

From FB:
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

/\

I had the 2nd overall pick in my draft. Kane went first and I said to myself "you can't pass on Sid". I was debating him and Getzlaf, whom despite the injury might have been a better pick. I figured the Pens would beat the inexperienced Jackets and have a good run against either the Flyers or Rangers. Worst case scenario a good 10-12 points, maybe a 4 point game someplace. Man, was I wrong.

Agreed Malkin and Crosby need to be called out.

Agreed Fleury is a head case, and that a coaching change is coming.
patrick73
Picking a Band Name

Post by patrick73 »

Good for Columbus!! Its nice to see the town going crazy for them. Wish Cleveland had a team! I'd trade the cavs for an NHL team.....
alecjonsludge

Post by alecjonsludge »

I had the 8th pick in the first round.Crosby,Malkin,Krejci,Getzlaf,Kane,Toews and Oshie were already selected So I went with Pavelski-for the only reason being he was the best player available.I didn't want to pick up scraps from the front running teams so when no one else took a Shark I used my 3rd,5th and 7th pick(we have to rotate between conferences every round) to grab Thorton Marleau and Boyle. Scooped up Hertl with a late pick, took Demers with my Western "John Druce" pick and snagged Niemi as my goalie. Was hoping they'd squeak by LA in 7 games and each get me 3 or 4 points....needless to say they've delivered more than that...so far.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

alecjonsludge wrote:
Bylsma is gone.The writing was on the wall this summer when Martin was brought in as an assistant. He's been outcoached this series and his presser last night was as futile an attempt to fire up a squad as I've ever seen. Thanks for the Cup,Dan, but it's time to go.

As for Fleury, two words : compliance buyout. The Cap is going up next season and if the can get his 5 million off the books as well it might be enough to lure a solid goalie there. Miller's name has been tossed around on the message boards,but it's well known he wants to go west.Halak would be a good fit,IMO.
we'll trade you straight across for torts. not a chance fleury is getting bought out. they only have 14 players under contract for next season. they're going to be too busy to find another goalie while trying to figure out how to sign 14 players with 16 million to do it with. better chance of malkin or letang getting traded although both have luongo like contacts.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Kid-Wicked wrote:
alecjonsludge wrote:
Bylsma is gone.The writing was on the wall this summer when Martin was brought in as an assistant. He's been outcoached this series and his presser last night was as futile an attempt to fire up a squad as I've ever seen. Thanks for the Cup,Dan, but it's time to go.

As for Fleury, two words : compliance buyout. The Cap is going up next season and if the can get his 5 million off the books as well it might be enough to lure a solid goalie there. Miller's name has been tossed around on the message boards,but it's well known he wants to go west.Halak would be a good fit,IMO.
we'll trade you straight across for torts. not a chance fleury is getting bought out. they only have 14 players under contract for next season. they're going to be too busy to find another goalie while trying to figure out how to sign 14 players with 16 million to do it with. better chance of malkin or letang getting traded although both have luongo like contacts.
Barry Trotz is going to have his choice of job - that's for sure!
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

So let it be written....

Once again we have the makings of an EPIC Habs/Bruins series.

Personally, I think they are the two best teams in the East right now. I would expect the winner of the series to make it to the Cup finals.

Almost wish we had the old playoff format, so they could play later in the playoffs, but we'll have to live with this.

Let the games begin! Actually, we have to wait another week....
alecjonsludge

Post by alecjonsludge »

WOLF wrote:
Kid-Wicked wrote:
alecjonsludge wrote:

Gee, I wonder who the original assistant GM of the Predators, a guy with past working experience with Trotz, was ?
pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by pieceofme »

WOLF wrote:So let it be written....

Once again we have the makings of an EPIC Habs/Bruins series.

Personally, I think they are the two best teams in the East right now. I would expect the winner of the series to make it to the Cup finals.

Almost wish we had the old playoff format, so they could play later in the playoffs, but we'll have to live with this.

Let the games begin! Actually, we have to wait another week....
The refs are going to be so confused in that series!

Talking about awful refs, the Minny vs. Colorado game was ridiculous.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

alecjonsludge wrote:
WOLF wrote:

Gee, I wonder who the original assistant GM of the Predators, a guy with past working experience with Trotz, was ?
I completely forgot that. Don't know if I can see Trotz AND Martin there though. Although Martin doesn't need to stay either...
WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

How bad can Philly's power play be? They plumb new depths of shittiness every time the ref's arm goes up. I think Vigneault is telling Hagelin "Keep taking bad penalties, it's a beautiful strategy!"
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
John Simon Ritchie

Post by John Simon Ritchie »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:How bad can Philly's power play be? They plumb new depths of shittiness every time the ref's arm goes up. I think Vigneault is telling Hagelin "Keep taking bad penalties, it's a beautiful strategy!"
Total fucking clown shoes so far today.
"I was looking for that great jazz note that destroyed the walls of Jericho." - The Clash, The Sound Of Sinners
WhiteHouseSubsAC

John Simon Ritchie wrote:
WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:How bad can Philly's power play be? They plumb new depths of shittiness every time the ref's arm goes up. I think Vigneault is telling Hagelin "Keep taking bad penalties, it's a beautiful strategy!"
Total fucking clown shoes so far today.
Giroux finally got one, but goddamn they look like rank amateurs. I will give the Rangers credit for being tough in the offensive zone and blocking shots, but Philly had 3 open nets they missed completely.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
alecjonsludge

Post by alecjonsludge »

WOLF wrote:
alecjonsludge wrote:
WOLF wrote:

I completely forgot that. Don't know if I can see Trotz AND Martin there though. Although Martin doesn't need to stay either...

I think Martin was brought in as an insurance package,just in case the Pens fell to pieces during the reg. season, as much as he was for his defensive schemes.
If Bylsma is indeed gone and Trotz is available, you have to think Shero makes a play for him,Martin be damned.
John Simon Ritchie

Shittsburgh won, but that 3 goals in under 5 mins 3rd period was epic. Fuck you, Pens! God, I hope he Flyers get past The Rags and take you the fuck out. :wink:
"I was looking for that great jazz note that destroyed the walls of Jericho." - The Clash, The Sound Of Sinners
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Blackhawks 2 more days off.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
John Simon Ritchie

Flyers need to give Wayne The Motherfuckin' Night Train Simmonds the "C".
Aerosmith87
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by Aerosmith87 »

John Simon Ritchie wrote:Flyers need to give Wayne The Motherfuckin' Night Train Simmonds the "C".
Nice hat trick. I despise both teams, but the Flyers a little bit less. So go Flyers. Yank the Hank, NY!
John Simon Ritchie

Hey...next year is our year! *waka*waka!* :wink:
WhiteHouseSubsAC

John Simon Ritchie wrote:Hey...next year is our year! *waka*waka!* :wink:
Giroux should be fucking ashamed of himself. Hell, half the team should have to take the bus home.
John Simon Ritchie

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:
John Simon Ritchie wrote:Hey...next year is our year! *waka*waka!* :wink:
Giroux should be fucking ashamed of himself. Hell, half the team should have to take the bus home.
They should be forced to carry Mason home on their shoulders.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Incredible that four 100 point teams are gone: Tampa, Colorado, St-Louis, and San Jose.

I can't imagine what it's like being a hard core Sharks fan. They have talent, have added some role players of the years, and still they find new and creative ways to lose.

Todd McLellan (coach) looks like he's aged 20 years during this series.

Of well, on to round two. PREDICTIONS:

Bruins/Habs - Heart says Habs, but head says Bruins in 6
Pens/Rangers - Rangers in 6
Hawks/Wild - Hawks in 5
Ducks/Kings - Ducks in 6
John Simon Ritchie

GO (anyone but Rags or Pens!!)!! :lol:
alecjonsludge

Post by alecjonsludge »

WOLF wrote:Incredible that four 100 point teams are gone: Tampa, Colorado, St-Louis, and San Jose.

I can't imagine what it's like being a hard core Sharks fan. They have talent, have added some role players of the years, and still they find new and creative ways to lose.

Todd McLellan (coach) looks like he's aged 20 years during this series.

Of well, on to round two. PREDICTIONS:

Bruins/Habs - Heart says Habs, but head says Bruins in 6
Pens/Rangers - Rangers in 6
Hawks/Wild - Hawks in 5
Ducks/Kings - Ducks in 6

No Show Joe.

This series turned the second McLellan put out Pavelski,Thorton,Marleau,Boyle and Wingels for a PP late in game 2 when they were already up 7-2. You just know Sutter used that as a motivational tool.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Bruins/Habs - Bruins in 6
Pens/Rangers - Penguins in 6
Hawks/Wild - Hawks in 5
Ducks/Kings - Kings in 6

So yeah, same conference finals as last year.

But this year LA beat Chicago in the Western final. Boston do beat PIttsburgh in the Eastern final. Both these finals go to 6 games.

And I hate both LA and Boston, so I'll pretend the series doesn't exist.

Also, glad Colorado got knocked out.

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Rumours are that Torts will be out Vancouver today. Not too surprised.

alecjonsludge

Post by alecjonsludge »

Bruins in 6
Pens in 7
Wild in 7
Ducks in 7
doctordestructo
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by doctordestructo »

WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Game 1 and double OT already. This series is going to kill me!

Friggin' Bruins, are big, and strong, and well coached, and GOOD! Habs have barely touched the puck since end of the 2nd period.

In Price we trust!
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

It's good to know, since the B's get all the calls, that the refs will have no problem giving them 2 PP's in OT up in Montreal.......oh wait.
j/k

Hell of a game.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.