Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by killeverything »

^^^^
I've never been too high on Headley. He was hot after the ASB in like 2011 once. I could see him bringing the lumber in NY, but like I said, last time I checked he can't pitch.

Giants becoming more concerned with Belt's concussion. That sucks, I've always been a Belt fan. He makes me think of the Will Clark days.

Cameron Maybin suspended 25 games for amphetamines.

The Price to St. Louis rumors are picking up steam. Can you imagine Price as a Cardinal? That would make that team truly terrifying.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

There's a really good ( free ) article on baseballprospectus on the failure of the Houston Astros to sign top pick Aiken, and the potential fallout/repurcussions from it.

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/artic ... leid=24223

This could end up being a bigger deal than I originally thought. Houston has been getting all this praise on how Luhnow is building the team ( I for one find it fascinating ). This is a serious fuckup with the MLBPA, player representatives and could cost them more than the contract would have.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from TX for prospects Jake Thompson and Corey Knebel.

That could be a big steal for the Rangers, they've done really well at player development. With the questions that arose with Hicks for the departure of Nolan Ryan this could continue his rebuild style.
WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

Some of these are kind of inside jokes but overall this is pretty funny:

http://www.crossingbroad.com/2014/07/ex ... eaked.html
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Happy B-Day Barry Bonds
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

MFY get Chris Capuano for cash considerations.

Kendrys Morales traded to Seattle ( ha ) for Stephen Pryor. What's funny to me is Seattle's FO really is "leak proof," because no one saw this coming; and they love Morales and tried on more than one occasion to keep him.

Unfortunately both Corey Hart and Jesus Montero have been better than Kendys this year. Speaking of which, Willie Bloomquist to DL, Montero and Taylor recalled. Montero has been destroying AAA, so we'll see.

Tom Seaver thinks Derek Jeter will get 100% of the HOF vote. Get the fuck out of here! Better than Ruth? Mays? Cobb? Young? Speaker? He wasn't even the best of the Yankees and he's never even been the best player on his team. The hype of that guy makes me fucking hate him.

Big Roid is too butthurt to ever speak to Canseco again. Lemme get this straight. You cheated your ENTIRE career, you get called on it and your mad at him? Yeah, it was his fault. Enjoy the Hall, Mark.

Oh wait, you won't be inducted.
Ha ha douchebag.
lemmysmole
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by lemmysmole »

Machado wrote:Happy B-Day Barry Bonds
I always smile whenever his name is brought up, that he never won a WS, and then after he retires, the Giants win 2. Must sting a bit for BB.
Whoopie on Mojo "I do. If you dont like it , then take your cockeyed horseface to another post. :twisted:"
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

lemmysmole wrote:
Machado wrote:Happy B-Day Barry Bonds
I always smile whenever his name is brought up, that he never won a WS, and then after he retires, the Giants win 2. Must sting a bit for BB.
I feel the same.
Has to sting Bonds tremendously.

Despite having the best player on the field for those years, the Giants and Bonds couldn't win the big game.
Whether you like Bonds or not, you have to admit you would watch as many of his at-bats as you could.
lemmysmole
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by lemmysmole »

killeverything wrote:

Big Roid is too butthurt to ever speak to Canseco again. Lemme get this straight. You cheated your ENTIRE career, you get called on it and your mad at him? Yeah, it was his fault. Enjoy the Hall, Mark.

Oh wait, you won't be inducted.
Ha ha douchebag.

:lol: :lol: I saw this too earlier on Yahoo. McGwire fucked his chances of getting into the HOF himself, no one else did.
Whoopie on Mojo "I do. If you dont like it , then take your cockeyed horseface to another post. :twisted:"
lemmysmole
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by lemmysmole »

Machado wrote: Despite having the best player on the field for those years, the Giants and Bonds couldn't win the big game.
Whether you like Bonds or not, you have to admit you would watch as many of his at-bats as you could.
Nah, not really. Was never a big fan of him, and many knew he was cheating, which made me despise him even more. He's a tremendous bb player, but alot of his results, are from cheating.

Did you ever see this(this is fucking hilarous), it shows how much of a fucking dickbag, POS Bonds is, Leyland tears his ass up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9DHA2dJ7uQ
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

lemmysmole wrote:
Machado wrote: Despite having the best player on the field for those years, the Giants and Bonds couldn't win the big game.
Nah, not really. Was never a big fan of him, and many knew he was cheating, which made me despise him even more. He's a tremendous bb player, but alot of his results, are from cheating.

Did you ever see this(this is fucking hilarous), it shows how much of a fucking dickbag, POS Bonds is, Leyland tears his ass up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9DHA2dJ7uQ
Classic footage. Seen that a million times.
Anyway, Bonds was probably a HOF player before he went all Steroids
in SF.
Isn't that the consensus???
lemmysmole
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by lemmysmole »

Machado wrote: Anyway, Bonds was probably a HOF player before he went all Steroids
in SF.

Probably, but he'll never get in now......nor will: McGwire/Palmeiro/Clemens/etc. Arod will also NEVER EVER EVER get in, he tried to sue the league, when it was found out he juiced...something you DO NOT DO.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

lemmysmole wrote:
Machado wrote: Anyway, Bonds was probably a HOF player before he went all Steroids
in SF.

Probably, but he'll never get in now......nor will: McGwire/Palmeiro/Clemens/etc. Arod will also NEVER EVER EVER get in, he tried to sue the league, when it was found out he juiced...something you DO NOT DO.
I'll post some of the numbers later, I don't have time right now. Bonds was a sure first ballot HOF before he was juicing ( "Game Of Shadows" states that was 1998 ).

According to "The Historical Baseball Abstract" the only two hitters better than Barry ( pre-PED too ) was Williams and Musial, he was listed as the 3rd best LF of all time behind Williams and Musial ( again ), the 3rd best baserunner of all time ( behind Henderson and Raines ), he was without a doubt the best player of the 90s and it's not close. That even includes Griffey Jr.

Barry did the 40/40 season in '96 when he was clean. Canseco in '89 ( juiced ) did it, Arod in '98 ( clean ), and Soriano in '06 ( clean???? ). The numbers Bonds put up were unreal pre-1998. He was the best, but not the most popular because he was a total asshole. In fact that's why he started juicing in the first place, now he's one of the most hated players of all time :lol: .

Roger started taking Winstrol in '98. If he would have retired after Boston replaced him with Pedro Martinez he still wouldn't have made the Hall. The numbers were almost there, almost. Enter the part of his career he "misremembers."

Bonds has/had a valid case for eligibility, because the talent/ability/stats were there. His numbers didn't need "help," his ego did. The other juicers didn't have the Hall locked before PEDs. Without that shit Bonds could have surpassed his Godfather Willie Mays as the greatest all around player in history.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

SF Giants trade no. 2 prospect Edwin Escobar and no. 11 prospect Heath Hembree to Boston for Jake Peavy. Dave Righetti is arguably the best pitching coach in the majors so Peavy might be able to he fixed.

St. Louis pick up AJ Pierzynski.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

killeverything wrote:SF Giants trade no. 2 prospect Edwin Escobar and no. 11 prospect Heath Hembree to Boston for Jake Peavy. Dave Righetti is arguably the best pitching coach in the majors so Peavy might be able to he fixed.

I'm not up on prospects, but that seems like a lot to give up for Peavy. The Giants do need pitching help though, if they are going to beat out the Dodgers down the stretch, and do any damage in the playoffs. I guess you have to go for it when you can, and the Giants have never been afraid of making bold moves.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

WOLF wrote:
killeverything wrote:SF Giants trade no. 2 prospect Edwin Escobar and no. 11 prospect Heath Hembree to Boston for Jake Peavy. Dave Righetti is arguably the best pitching coach in the majors so Peavy might be able to he fixed.

I'm not up on prospects, but that seems like a lot to give up for Peavy. The Giants do need pitching help though, if they are going to beat out the Dodgers down the stretch, and do any damage in the playoffs. I guess you have to go for it when you can, and the Giants have never been afraid of making bold moves.
I'm not too familiar with them either. SF's farm isn't currently ranked super high so the prospects' rankings are in comparison to their other players.

Peavy is 14-2 vs. LAD ( he starts against on Sunday ). With Matt Cain's elbow being fucked currently, maybe SF can "catch lightning in a bottle" with Jake. They've been pretty successful with that lately.
Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Facedown »

Well, I get to say I stepped in the box against a HOFer.
Congrats Tom.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Fucking LaRussa is inducted into the HOF this weekend.
What a joke.
Would he even be there without his players abusing PED's for all those years?

Why does MLB prevent the players from getting into the HOF but allow
the manager's???
Oh yeah, because the manager's never saw anything? The manager's never had direct knowledge. Must be nice to turn a blind eye at the most opportune time :roll:
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:Fucking LaRussa is inducted into the HOF this weekend.
What a joke.

the manager's???
Oh yeah, because the manager's never saw anything? The manager's never had direct knowledge. Must be nice to turn a blind eye at the most opportune time :roll:
Torre, Joe.
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

What a joke.

the manager's???

I'd like to nominate you for the Apostrophe Abuse Hall of Fame (AAHOF). This post alone would guarantee membership. That said, I do appreciate your consistency.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

tin00can wrote:
What a joke.

the manager's???

I'd like to nominate you for the Apostrophe Abuse Hall of Fame (AAHOF). This post alone would guarantee membership. That said, I do appreciate your consistency.
He's forgotten Clemens, Pettite, Arod, HGHiambi, Brown, Sheffroid, Manny and too many to remember off the top of my head that played for HOF inductee Joe Torre, and were juiced out of their fucking minds.

What about the success Torre experienced as a result of his players? According to your "logic" he apparently has no business in the Hall either.

Run Forrest!

killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Vin Scully will return the booth for his 66th season next year.
FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

Just shut down the hof or dont induct anyone based on accomplishments from say 97 to 2007
Luke 16:10 "and he that is unjust in the least, is unjust also in much"
johnk5150
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by johnk5150 »

John Baker needs to do press after every Cubs game.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Edwin Jackson in 22 1st innings has given up 42 hits and an OBP of .420.

$tevil
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

FullDJacket wrote:Just shut down the hof or dont induct anyone based on accomplishments from say 97 to 2007
Fuck that. Enough of turning the blind eye.
Acknowledge the era existed. Time to MLB to confess their sins.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

killeverything wrote:Vin Scully will return the booth for his 66th season next year.

This makes me happier than you can imagine.

$tevil
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

killeverything wrote:Vin Scully will return the booth for his 66th season next year.
God bless him.

You just know he's going to go out with his boots on; probably stroking out while on the air.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Indians trade Justin Masterson to Cardinals for #6 prospect.
FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

I was watching moneyball again last night and thé amazing part to me is that the movie makes baseball look cool again in this day and age. Absolutely nothing about baseball is hip right now. Sadly. Especially now that thé pitchers are so dominant
Luke 16:10 "and he that is unjust in the least, is unjust also in much"