Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:Indians trade Justin Masterson to Cardinals for #6 prospect.
Masterson is horrible and on the DL. Since when should a team give up
a high prospect for a below average pitcher?
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:
killeverything wrote:Indians trade Justin Masterson to Cardinals for #6 prospect.
Masterson is horrible and on the DL. Since when should a team give up
a high prospect for a below average pitcher?
He destroys RHH though and for the Cards playoff run, he could he lethal coming out of the bullpen.

So there's that I guess.

Cubs acquire Felix Doubront from Boston for PTBNL.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

King Felix just set a new mlb standard for badassery. 14 consecutive starts 7IP 2ER or less. Unreal.

Unfortunately the Ms didn't score any runs behind him so he got the loss. In his streak he has had 6 no decisions and 1 loss. 2ER or less and he still got the loss.

Win/Loss sucks for judging a pitcher, although it got Scherzer the Cy over Darvish, so if your a Scherzer fan, good for you.

The King actually pitched better his 12 non wins, where he has an ERA of 1.96. In his actual wins he pitched to a 2.01ERA.

Giants release Dan Uggla and OF Tyler Colvin.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote:King Felix just set a new mlb standard for badassery. 14 consecutive starts 7IP 2ER or less. Unreal.
I know it's rare for the M's to give away great players :? ....Is he wrapped up for a while or are we going to see the M's come up to contract talks and send him packing in the next year or so?
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Who the fuck is DARWIN BARNEY and why is he headed to LA from the Cub's? Was there a 6 pack of Budlight in the trade? After the Tyson incident maybe we're short an infield ear at AAA.

I see Boston is talking a clearance sale clean up on isle 5.
Killeverything, if Lester or Lackey make it to LA I'll send you a puig bobble head doll...Deal? I'll toss in a Manny if it helps.

I see LA's name in all sorts of talks but I doubt they make any serious pick ups. If they tag high quality pitcher I'll be surprised.

Kershaw over the last 10 games. 9W 0L .94 ERA 8-BB 95-SO
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

UtahRatt wrote:
killeverything wrote:King Felix just set a new mlb standard for badassery. 14 consecutive starts 7IP 2ER or less. Unreal.
I know it's rare for the M's to give away great players :? ....Is he wrapped up for a while or are we going to see the M's come up to contract talks and send him packing in the next year or so?
Yeah, like another 7 years? You would see Cano gone before Felix.

The thing about the M's ownership is they have money ( owned by Nintendo ) they just refuse to spend it. The team turns a profit every year since the ballpark is so awesome. No Felix, no profit. They can break the bank, they just wont.

It would take some convincing to get Felix to waive his upcoming 10-5 rights to accept a trade. He loves Seattle, the fanbase, and believes in their young players and ability to contend soon.

I don't think LAD is going to land another big SP. The top contenders so far for Lester's services are Stl and Pit. Lester is going to be a huge FA next year. I wouldn't be surprised if he's back on Boston. I would trade him too for that reason. You could get a good return on prospects and the ability to resign him? Do it, because the inseason negotiations were put on hold.

LAD doesn't really need another SP, I mean a Kershaw, Greinke, Ryu, Lester, and Beckett is even scarier. I would even put Lester at #2 ( experience would warrant it ) or #3. Shit, Lester anywhere is a really good addition.
johnk5150
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by johnk5150 »

Cespedes for Lester?
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
TawnyVonJagger
Fuck The Yankees

Post by TawnyVonJagger »

johnk5150 wrote:Cespedes for Lester?
Cespedes for Lester and Jonny Gomes!

Billy Beane does NOT fuck around! :shock:
Fuck sigs.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

TawnyVonJagger wrote:

Very high price to pay for a SP.
Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Facedown »

Lackey will probably be next.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Machado wrote:
TawnyVonJagger wrote:

Very high price to pay for a SP.
Man. There's a chance if Oakland is in a 3 game series Smardzjia doesn't even get a start.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Cespedes will fit right in.
He's going from first to worst too.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

I'm blown away by that trade. Lester is more than likely going to be in pinstripes next year. Boston can and unless he hates playing there will extend Cespedes.

Maybe Beane wasn't going to be able extend Yoenis, because this trade is soooo unlike his style.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:I'm blown away by that trade. Lester is more than likely going to be in pinstripes next year. Boston can and unless he hates playing there will extend Cespedes.

Maybe Beane wasn't going to be able extend Yoenis, because this trade is soooo unlike his style.

Have yet to hear any reports on local radio regarding what Beane was thinking but you have to guess that he was convinced the team would not be able to extend Yoenis(probably because Yoenis would be wanting the kind of money the A's can't afford to pay anybody).
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:
killeverything wrote:I'm blown away by that trade. Lester is more than likely going to be in pinstripes next year. Boston can and unless he hates playing there will extend Cespedes.

Have yet to hear any reports on local radio regarding what Beane was thinking but you have to guess that he was convinced the team would not be able to extend Yoenis(probably because Yoenis would be wanting the kind of money the A's can't afford to pay anybody).
Probably, but they had him for another year. Maybe if Oakland wins the WS this season the owners will open their pocketbooks a little.

Lester will be gone. Back to Boston, NYY, LAD, or Detroit. It wasn't Oakland's pitching that kept knocking them out of the playoffs and they just traded their best hitter ( in the Playoffs too ). Boston won that trade. The Sox have the money to rebuild for next season too.

I've always been a Cespedes fan and think he's ( at least so far ) the most valueable player available.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Cardinals just got John Lackey for Alan Craig and Joe Kelly.
wickedsensation
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by wickedsensation »

Price headed to Detroit in a 3-way deal also involving Seattle. Austin Jackson to Seattle, Drew Smyly and Nick Franklin to Tampa Bay...
uptheass wrote:the best ownings are yet to come
Itwalksamongus wrote:We were young and dumb and full of cum so we would take turns in the back of the van jacking each other off. It wasn't gay - it was out of necessity. Things were a lot different back then.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

wickedsensation wrote:Price headed to Detroit in a 3-way deal also involving Seattle. Austin Jackson to Seattle, Drew Smyly and Nick Franklin to Tampa Bay...

At 1st glance this does not seem like a good deal for Rays.
Perhaps the Rays are also getting a lot of cash in this deal???

Boston certainly won the trade with Oakland
This trade for the Rays seems like a HUGE loss.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Yankees trade for Martin Prado with DBacks
Yankees trade for S. Drew with Red Sox

Brian Roberts to be DFA'D
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Machado wrote:Boston certainly won the trade with Oakland
You think?

Oakland is in "win now" mode; they need to be.

They have a pretty awesome starting four now, and Cespedes, despite his power, does not get on base enough, and strikes out a lot. Oakland can replace his production, IMO.

I'm sure Detroit getting Price has a lot to do with Oakland getting Lester. All I know is there are some mighty tough rotations out there, on playoff bound teams (LAD, Oakland, Detroit, St-Louis). Gonna be an interesting stretch.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

WOLF wrote:
Machado wrote:Boston certainly won the trade with Oakland
You think?

Oakland is in "win now" mode; they need to be.

They have a pretty awesome starting four now, and Cespedes, despite his power, does not get on base enough, and strikes out a lot. Oakland can replace his production, IMO.

I'm sure Detroit getting Price has a lot to do with Oakland getting Lester. All I know is there are some mighty tough rotations out there, on playoff bound teams (LAD, Oakland, Detroit, St-Louis). Gonna be an interesting stretch.
Yes I do think Boston won this trade with Oakland.
Unless Oakland can sign Lester in the off-season, which seems highly unlikely.
Or if the A's win the WS.
Short of that Boston wins this trade and going away.

Fucking Rays gave away Price. They didn't get anything in return. I understand the Rays refused to trade Price within the AL East. Makes perfect sense.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

I'm going with Boston won the trade too. All comments from Lester indicates he's open ( seemingly even prefers ) to resign with the Red Sox. Anything short of "winning the last game of the season" would be a failure for Beane. Detroit's pitching has been Oakland's kryptonite lately, and those motherfuckers just added David Price too :lol:

I've been surprised with the trades and didn't see one of them coming. I like Austin Jackson and David Denoforia added in Seattle. Replacing Romero, Hart, and Jones with those two and a resurgent Ackley could be that "spark" the team was lacking.

Matt Cain's consultation with Dr. James Andrews indicates no TJ surgery is necessary. He has bone bits in his elbow, but it doesn't seem as bad as previously thought.
lemmysmole
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by lemmysmole »

Machado wrote:
Fucking Rays gave away Price. They didn't get anything in return. I understand the Rays refused to trade Price within the AL East. Makes perfect sense.

The Rays have told the league basically, they're a small market team with this deal. I'm a lifelong, diehard Tigers fan & I agree with you. I was never big on Smyly(or Bruce Rondon), so the Tigers basically fleeced the Rays here. I've awlays thought Austin Jackson was an offensive liability. I'd watch a bunch of games, and see that guy swing at garbage, and strike out more. He had a good July, but never did anything when it counted. I just don't think he was a very good hitter, and he seemed to never go all out during games.

Buster Olney was just on ESPN saying the Tigers were the biggest and best winners of the MLBTD, I agree with that.

Don't be surprised if they(Tigers) try to pick up someone like Ryan Howard if the Phillies release him9which is the big rumor going around). I'm honestly shocked that the Phillies stood pat and didn't trade anyone.
Whoopie on Mojo "I do. If you dont like it , then take your cockeyed horseface to another post. :twisted:"
lemmysmole
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by lemmysmole »

killeverything wrote:I'm going with Boston won the trade too. All comments from Lester indicates he's open ( seemingly even prefers ) to resign with the Red Sox. Anything short of "winning the last game of the season" would be a failure for Beane. Detroit's pitching has been Oakland's kryptonite lately, and those motherfuckers just added David Price too :lol:

Yep. I'm happy that my Tigers were able to get Price. I still think we need another lefty bat, but they might be able to scoop up someone from the waiver wire.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Tigers go hard after Lester during the offseason, as I don't see them re-signing Scherzer. I think they realized that once he was stupid and turned down that deal they offered. I think Scherzer goes to Boston or NYY next year.
Whoopie on Mojo "I do. If you dont like it , then take your cockeyed horseface to another post. :twisted:"
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

lemmysmole wrote: I've awlays thought Austin Jackson was an offensive liability. I'd watch a bunch of games, and see that guy swing at garbage, and strike out more. He had a good July, but never did anything when it counted. I just don't think he was a very good hitter, and he seemed to never go all out during games.
I'm not in total agreement with your assessment of Austin Jackson. He is having a down year ( slightly below average defensively ) and the last two seasons were injury shortened. Seattle got him for practically nothing and if he can become the fWAR 3-5 win player he was previously this looks like a steal.

For this potentially being Jack Zduriencik's last season, he has to be commended for not throwing a bunch of valuable prospects for a superstar rental to silence the NW masses. I think it can be nothing but good for Seattle, it's a helluva lot better than what they were running out there.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

July 31st - Kershaw complete game picks up his 13th against the Braves Kershaw (W, 13-2) 1.71era. 150so 15bb 121inn .82whip

Kershaw alone has more complete games then any team in MLB other then tied with St. Louis at 5....I'd like the top players pitch count.

LA finishing off two 3 game sweeps vs the Giant's and Atlanta put's LA 3.5 up in the West.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Giant's didn't make any moves and sounds like they're going all the way with what they have but get back Brandon Belt and Angel Pagan during their 10 game road trip @ Met's, Brewers, KC....Giant's still have Dan Uggla on the roster! But isn't on the plane going east. :cry:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Miami of Florida Marlins still not in last place! 6 games back. 2 under .500. In 3rd place go fish!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
So with all the moves. Who's going to take the AL East?

As long as the Yankees don't make the playoffs the world will still be a better place.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Machado -

Why do you always say "so and so won GOING AWAY..."

What the fuck does this mean?

Do you actually know, or is it just something you heard on Sportcenter once?
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

I'm surprised the Sox only got a AA prospect for Miller, he's having a great season.
Bye bye, Drew. I said from the start that was a stupid signing.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Crazy Levi wrote:Machado -

Why do you always say "so and so won GOING AWAY..."

What the fuck does this mean?

Do you actually know, or is it just something you heard on Sportcenter once?
Sportscenter? Who the fuck still watches Sportscenter? If a sports fanatic wants to catch up on sports highlights for the day, the last program you want to watch is Sportscenter.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

UtahRatt wrote:July 31st - Kershaw complete game picks up his 13th against the Braves Kershaw (W, 13-2) 1.71era. 150so 15bb 121inn .82whip

Kershaw alone has more complete games then any team in MLB other then tied with St. Louis at 5....I'd like the top players pitch count.

LA finishing off two 3 game sweeps vs the Giant's and Atlanta put's LA 3.5 up in the West.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Giant's didn't make any moves and sounds like they're going all the way with what they have but get back Brandon Belt and Angel Pagan during their 10 game road trip @ Met's, Brewers, KC....Giant's still have Dan Uggla on the roster! But isn't on the plane going east. :cry:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Miami of Florida Marlins still not in last place! 6 games back. 2 under .500. In 3rd place go fish!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
So with all the moves. Who's going to take the AL East?

As long as the Yankees don't make the playoffs the world will still be a better place.
The pitching this year is unreal. Kershaw and King Felix are setting records.

The AL East is anyone's guess really. I still don't think NYY is very good everyone else in that division is just playing poorly.

I agree with Sabean about not making a move. The Giants have been hit by injuries, their early season play IMO is a better indication of what their team is. Matt Cain's elbow is a cause for serious concern though. If he can return to form with Belt and Pagan they could make a serious run. Again that's a big IF.

With yesterday's trades ( everyone but Tampa scored big ) I think the slight shift in the talent balance will effectively knock NY out of the 2nd wildcard.

The pitching matchups potentially coming this October are awe inspiring. Kershaw, Wainwright, Price, Lester, Greinke, ( possibly ) King and Lincecum. That would be amazing.