Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote: Kershaw @ Petit 01:05PST ( SF beat Clayton 366 days ago 4-2. So he's been beaten.....once :lol: ). SF 2 games back.
Sunday 14th

Dodgers 4 vs Giants 2

Kershaw (W, 19-3) 8.0ip 7H 2R 2ER 1BB 9SO 1.70ERA

Matt Kemp's two-run homer in the sixth. Dee Gordon stole his 61st base

Kershaw's 19-3, the first Dodger with that record since Orel Hershiser in 1985. He's won 16 of his last 17 decisions. He's 11-1 within the division, 10-1 on the road, 2-0 against San Francisco this year, 13-5 vs. the Giants lifetime and 8-2 with a 0.83 ERA lifetime at AT&T Park.

----------------------------------------------------

Saturday 13th.......Dammmmmmm

Dodgers 17 vs Giants 0 Greinke (W, 15-8)

LAD 4 4 1 2 0 4 2 0 0 - 17R 24H 1E

It was the Dodgers' largest margin of victory and most one-sided shutout against the Giants since the teams moved West in 1958, as well as the most runs scored by an opponent at AT&T Park, the most hits (24) by any team at AT&T Park and most hits against the Giants by any team since 1932. The most one-sided shutout in Dodgers history was 19-0 over San Diego in 1969.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Post by killeverything »

UtahRatt wrote:
killeverything wrote: Kershaw @ Petit 01:05PST ( SF beat Clayton 366 days ago 4-2. So he's been beaten.....once :lol: ). SF 2 games back.
Sunday 14th

Dodgers 4 vs Giants 2

Kershaw (W, 19-3) 8.0ip 7H 2R 2ER 1BB 9SO 1.70ERA

Matt Kemp's two-run homer in the sixth. Dee Gordon stole his 61st base

Kershaw's 19-3, the first Dodger with that record since Orel Hershiser in 1985. He's won 16 of his last 17 decisions. He's 11-1 within the division, 10-1 on the road, 2-0 against San Francisco this year, 13-5 vs. the Giants lifetime and 8-2 with a 0.83 ERA lifetime at AT&T Park.

----------------------------------------------------

Saturday 13th.......Dammmmmmm

Dodgers 17 vs Giants 0 Greinke (W, 15-8)

LAD 4 4 1 2 0 4 2 0 0 - 17R 24H 1E

It was the Dodgers' largest margin of victory and most one-sided shutout against the Giants since the teams moved West in 1958, as well as the most runs scored by an opponent at AT&T Park, the most hits (24) by any team at AT&T Park and most hits against the Giants by any team since 1932. The most one-sided shutout in Dodgers history was 19-0 over San Diego in 1969.
I was expecting a close game with Hudson vs. Greinke. I didn't think SF was going to win, but not like that. Dayum :lol: I thought they could beat Kershaw and if it wasn't for the errors it would have been closer.

The race is still going strong, but with Seattle losing the Oakland and Houston series. You can basically eliminate them. 7 more against Anaheim, 3 against Houston...I don't see them surviving those two, much less only one sub .500 team on the schedule. Helluva turn around though.
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

Angels beat up on some soft teams during their win streak, but now Seattle is in town and fighting for their playoff life. It should be an interesting four-game series. I boldly predict a split.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

tin00can wrote:Angels beat up on some soft teams during their win streak, but now Seattle is in town and fighting for their playoff life. It should be an interesting four-game series. I boldly predict a split.
Seattle lost two to Oakland that they should have won. I think the pressure was on them and if they can't handle that, then Anaheim is going to pulverize them.

The AL is wacky this year in that I think LAAAA suffers from the same thing Baltimore does, lack of elite starting pitching. Come the playoffs those remarkably average rotations will be exposed.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

According to Girardi, Tanaka scheduled to start Sunday against Toronto.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:According to Girardi, Tanaka scheduled to start Sunday against Toronto.
Yes that is true. Yankees need to find out for certain if the elbow is healthy or not.
Better to find out now vs next March
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

killeverything wrote:
tin00can wrote:Angels beat up on some soft teams during their win streak, but now Seattle is in town and fighting for their playoff life. It should be an interesting four-game series. I boldly predict a split.
Seattle lost two to Oakland that they should have won. I think the pressure was on them and if they can't handle that, then Anaheim is going to pulverize them.

The AL is wacky this year in that I think LAAAA suffers from the same thing Baltimore does, lack of elite starting pitching. Come the playoffs those remarkably average rotations will be exposed.

Elite starting pitching isn't necessary but it sure helps. That said, with Shoemaker now suddenly a question-mark the Angels rotation looks bad for the playoffs. Gotta hope this offensive resurgence continues.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

tin00can wrote:
killeverything wrote:

Elite starting pitching isn't necessary but it sure helps. That said, with Shoemaker now suddenly a question-mark the Angels rotation looks bad for the playoffs. Gotta hope this offensive resurgence continues.
Maybe not necessary. I still don't see Anaheim winning it all without though.

Blue Jays pitcher Marcus Strohman suspended 6 games for intentionally throwing in the head area of Baltimore's Caleb Joseph.

Umpire Joe West was suspended for a game for physical contact with Pappelbon. Pappelbon's a choke on the big stage jackwagon, but these umps suck.

I'm still in disagreement with the MFY starting Tanaka. Shut him down for the season. I know that this is Number 2 New York Yankees captain Derek Jeter's last season, but don't fuck with such an amazing pitcher.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Joe West is an asshole. He must suck off Bud Selig like nobody else for him to keep his job after all these years. Pap was out of line but the Ump crossed the line far worse.
Imagine if a player put his hands on an Ump. We would have a Pete Rose vs whatever his name was kind of situation.
Good thing MLB suspended West for 1 game. He won't be behind the dish tonight in the very lifeless Trop stadium
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Roenis Elias likely done for season with elbow strain. Taijuan Walker slated to move into his spot in the rotation.

I just watched last night's Mariners/Angels game. Anaheim played pretty horrible. With Paxton going tonight and the King tomorrow, I could actually see Seattle winning 3 of 4.

SF's 4-2 victory today over AZ puts them 2 behind LAD.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

There's a helluva pitching matchup right now going on in Anaheim. Paxton and Wilson each have one hitters going into the seventh.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote:SF's 4-2 victory today over AZ puts them 2 behind LAD.
I bite my nails at this shit because every other time LA blows a fucking tire at the end of the season going flat into the playoffs and SF is a team that will not give up. I'm not counting SF out of taking the division till LA clinches.
I looked at the Playoff teams and brackets and feel like it's going to be another year of being happy LA made the playoffs.

You mentioned before, SF is a team that will wobble then catch of fire in the playoffs. Very possible.

Problem is Mattingly will toss kershaw on short rest from day one into the playoffs burning him up like last year. I don't see Clayton's post seasons numbers ever being good because of it. When a team sees you twice in a series and you're burnt out odd's are you're going to get HIT.
It's still hard to believe Clayton is only 26 years old.

LA needs a third pitcher to step up, if one does I like their chances to go deep.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

UtahRatt wrote:
I bite my nails at this shit because every other time LA blows a fucking tire at the end of the season going flat into the playoffs and SF is a team that will not give up. I'm not counting SF out of taking the division till LA clinches.
I looked at the Playoff teams and brackets and feel like it's going to be another year of being happy LA made the playoffs.

You mentioned before, SF is a team that will wobble then catch of fire in the playoffs. Very possible.

Problem is Mattingly will toss kershaw on short rest from day one into the playoffs burning him up like last year. I don't see Clayton's post seasons numbers ever being good because of it. When a team sees you twice in a series and you're burnt out odd's are you're going to get HIT.

LA needs a third pitcher to step up, if one does I like their chances to go deep.
I don't know Kershaw seems to be getting better as the season goes on. I wouldn't count out any team this season though. There seems to be much more parity in both leagues than years' past.

Speaking of which Anaheim clinched the West with win over Seattle and Oakland loss. The pitching in Anaheim was superb. Actually I don't actually know if Wilson was great or if he benefited from a mediocre Mariners lineup. Justin Smoak at bat with RiSP should never happen in a major league game.

Actually Justin Smoak in the major leagues shouldn't be a reality.

KC beat Chris Sale and now sits a half game back of Detroit. Holy shit.

Adam Wainwright has won 19 straight. The NL Cy vote is going to be close.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

UtahRatt wrote:

SF is going to throw Bumgarner, Peavy, and Hudson out in the playoffs. You can do worse in terms of arms and experience. Petit/Vogelsong/Lincecum will back them up.

Only problem is the play-in wild card game. If the Giants burn Bumgarner there, it puts them at a slight disadvantage in the division series. Winning the division is really important for SF (and LA).
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Oakland's AAA affiliate Sacramento River Cats are moving to Nashville ( Nashville Sounds ). The SF AAA affiliate ( Fresno Grizzlies ) are moving to Sacramento, with Fresno becoming a Houston Astros team.

I'm bringing this up because in No. Cal the River Cats have a pretty big following ( 15 years w/A's ). In fact there was a bit of a rivalry between them and Fresno ( the bickering between the two team's twitter accounts was hysterical ). Sac games are a pretty big draw so I'm curious how the fanbase will react.

There was a territory/advertisement battle between the Giants and A's so I'm wondering if that was a reason for the move. Are the team's changing their names now or? I was hoping to catch a River Cats game next year. I still can, but it would have been more fun with the bay area rivalry going strong.

*edit

Ron Washington admits reason for resignation was because he cheated on his wife.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote:Oakland's AAA affiliate Sacramento River Cats are moving to Nashville ( Nashville Sounds ). The SF AAA affiliate ( Fresno Grizzlies ) are moving to Sacramento, with Fresno becoming a Houston Astros team.

I'm bringing this up because in No. Cal the River Cats have a pretty big following ( 15 years w/A's ). In fact there was a bit of a rivalry between them and Fresno ( the bickering between the two team's twitter accounts was hysterical ). Sac games are a pretty big draw so I'm curious how the fanbase will react.

There was a territory/advertisement battle between the Giants and A's so I'm wondering if that was a reason for the move. Are the team's changing their names now or? I was hoping to catch a River Cats game next year. I still can, but it would have been more fun with the bay area rivalry going strong.

*edit

Ron Washington admits reason for resignation was because he cheated on his wife.
Hold the phone's, fuck, everyone is moving!

Dodgers move triple-A to Oklahoma City, double-A to Tulsa

Rockies to move Triple-A to Albuquerque. Double-A team to New Britain (Conn.) Rock Cats of the Eastern League.

I'm gonna have to sort all this shit out......It looks like the Dodgers AAA are now out of my local league. We have the Raptors, the Dodgers Rookie team and the Bee's, LA Angels AAA.

The Dodgers had Albuquerque and Area 51 before that so I got to see the Dodgers AAA for almost as long as I've been alive.

Now it's all fuckered up, they change more often then Kate Upton's underwear.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

WOLF wrote:SF is going to throw Bumgarner, Peavy, and Hudson out in the playoffs. You can do worse in terms of arms and experience. Petit/Vogelsong/Lincecum will back them up.

Only problem is the play-in wild card game. If the Giants burn Bumgarner there, it puts them at a slight disadvantage in the division series. Winning the division is really important for SF (and LA).

It would be a good series regardless even tho I don't think SF is as strong as a few years ago. 2010, 2011, 2012. Then again LA is hovering around the same as last year. As said before, SF seems to be able to catch fire in the playoffs and LA has yet to prove that in a lottttttt of years. I've watched LA get plagued with injuries, lose momentum, fizzle out or just run out of steam too many times.
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

killeverything wrote:There's a helluva pitching matchup right now going on in Anaheim. Paxton and Wilson each have one hitters going into the seventh.

Paxton is gonna be in the Cy Young talk next year. If Seattle could assemble an offense, they'd be incredible.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

tin00can wrote:
killeverything wrote:There's a helluva pitching matchup right now going on in Anaheim. Paxton and Wilson each have one hitters going into the seventh.

Paxton is gonna be in the Cy Young talk next year. If Seattle could assemble an offense, they'd be incredible.
I think they're almost there offensively. A lot of the problems they've had are injuries and just a lack of experience for some of the young guys. Oh and that Zdeuriencik won't admit that Justin Smoak didn't work out.

I think Paxton is the real deal and with some more innings under his belt, Taijuan Walker ( #2 or 3 for Seattle ) is a bonafide #1.

What's fascinating to me about the AL West this season is the two rebuilds are coming to fruition. Houston under Saber-darling Jeff Luhnow looks to be WS contenders in maybe 2 years. Plus the question of "can GMZ work his Milwaukie rebuild magic in the NW?" is soon to be answered.

No matter what kind of spending spree Boston and NY go on ( Cherington and Cashman have already threatened it ), the West is going to he even more competitive next year. That kind of parity is good for the game.

Oakland is almost always there, Texas won't have EVERYONE on the DL, Houston is well constructed, young & hungry, Seattle might not give guys like Smoak ABs, and Anaheim showcases the best player in baseball with "a lineup nightmares are made of" - Curt Schilling.
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

killeverything wrote:
tin00can wrote:

I think they're almost there offensively. A lot of the problems they've had are injuries and just a lack of experience for some of the young guys. Oh and that Zdeuriencik won't admit that Justin Smoak didn't work out.

I think Paxton is the real deal and with some more innings under his belt, Taijuan Walker ( #2 or 3 for Seattle ) is a bonafide #1.

What's fascinating to me about the AL West this season is the two rebuilds are coming to fruition. Houston under Saber-darling Jeff Luhnow looks to be WS contenders in maybe 2 years. Plus the question of "can GMZ work his Milwaukie rebuild magic in the NW?" is soon to be answered.

No matter what kind of spending spree Boston and NY go on ( Cherington and Cashman have already threatened it ), the West is going to he even more competitive next year. That kind of parity is good for the game.

Oakland is almost always there, Texas won't have EVERYONE on the DL, Houston is well constructed, young & hungry, Seattle might not give guys like Smoak ABs, and Anaheim showcases the best player in baseball with "a lineup nightmares are made of" - Curt Schilling.

Agree with all you said, but I think we're finally seeing Oakland show what they should have been all along. That team was performing insanely better than they should have, and you can't keep doing that forever. There's only so much magic.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

tin00can wrote: Agree with all you said, but I think we're finally seeing Oakland show what they should have been all along. That team was performing insanely better than they should have, and you can't keep doing that forever. There's only so much magic.
I wonder if their players only team meeting this morning discussed that.

Agenda: well fuck. :lol:
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

MLB drug policy seems to be working.
Depends on how you want to look at it.

Batting averages among the lowest in years
ERA around the same numbers as the 60's

TV ratings are down. World Series TV ratings are down.

SF Giants played in 2 WS that were among the lowest rated.

Maybe the fans do want to see the big muscles and cheats on the biggest stage
at the biggest time of the baseball season?
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Clayton Kershaw wins his ( mlb leading ) 20th game.

David Ortiz becomes the all time Red Sox leader in 30HR 100RBI seasons surpassing Ted Williams ( 8 ).

SF Giants HOF Willie McCovey hospitalized with infection.

Tanaka set to throw 70-75 pitches on Sunday.

Jose Fernandez slated to begin throwing program in October.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Hoping Tanaka gets through this start healthy. Yankees and he need to know if that
elbow is repaired or not. Best to find out now vs next March during PFP
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Derek Jeter delivers emotional farewell to fans in amazing Gatorade commercial

Black-and-white New York City. Frank Sinatra's "My Way" trembling along in the background. The Captain surprising (seriously surprising) local Bronx kids and bar owners around Yankee Stadium. Please let us know if you don't have goosebumps after watching Derek Jeter's new Gatorade commercial above. You might not be human.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
http://wapc.mlb.com/cutfour/2014/09/18/ ... commercial

I was going to fill the pages with laughing emoticons but I chocked up dinner and had to stop.......FUCK YOU GO AWAY.

There's not crying in baseball, only in NYC. And on the mound with hugs and kisses. New york fairies.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote:Clayton Kershaw wins his ( mlb leading ) 20th game.
And with the win the Dodgers clinch a playoff spot.

Also with that 20th win Kershaw joined Pedro Martinez as the only pitchers since World War II with 20 wins in fewer than 30 starts.
In one of his worst outing's he gives up 3ERA in the first then battled then out the rest. 9SO in 5IP and 3BB. The wind was blowing out at Wrigley Field today. LA 14 vs CUB 5

Putting Kershaw: 20W 3L 1.80ERA 6CG 2SHO 31BB 228SO 0.86WHIP 10.78 K/9

Couldn't find his WAR and other stats some of you seem to look at.

*edit

With the Giant's loss today it put's SF 3.5 back of LA with.....Mon, Tue, Wed, Giants @ Dodgers - The series is a must watch but I'm not sure where the Giants staff is at because they might start the series bashing the tail end of the Dodgers staff.

Then LA finish out with a three game set with the Rockies at home. Last 6 games are at home which shouldn't matter since LA has a better road record then home.
Last edited by UtahRatt on Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

UtahRatt wrote:Derek Jeter delivers emotional farewell to fans in amazing Gatorade commercial

Black-and-white New York City. Frank Sinatra's "My Way" trembling along in the background. The Captain surprising (seriously surprising) local Bronx kids and bar owners around Yankee Stadium. Please let us know if you don't have goosebumps after watching Derek Jeter's new Gatorade commercial above. You might not be human.

I was going to fill the pages with laughing emoticons but I chocked up dinner and had to stop.......FUCK YOU GO AWAY.

There's not crying in baseball, only in NYC. And on the mound with hugs and kisses. New york fairies.

Followed by even a funnier blast in the face! :lol: :lol:

TV analyst on TROLL Derek Jeter: ‘This clown’s a fraud and you are all suckers (video)

In what may be a troll job for the ages, “SportsNet NY” host Chris Carlin went off on Derek Jeter during Thursday’s show, specifically for how the retiring New York Yankees shortstop bastardized his legacy by allowing not one, but two tribute commercials be made during his season-long farewell tour.

http://www.sportressofblogitude.com/201 ... r-a-clown/
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

UtahRatt wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:Derek Jeter delivers emotional farewell to fans in amazing Gatorade commercial

TV analyst on TROLL Derek Jeter: ‘This clown’s a fraud and you are all suckers (video)

In what may be a troll job for the ages, “SportsNet NY” host Chris Carlin went off on Derek Jeter during Thursday’s show, specifically for how the retiring New York Yankees shortstop bastardized his legacy by allowing not one, but two tribute commercials be made during his season-long farewell tour.

Who is the guy? The fat fuck should take a cue from Jeter and walk to work himself.
This moron looks like he ate 2 dinners before the sun went down.
I hope he is a Republican because the way he went about exaggerating was ridiculous.
First it was 2 commercials that upset him and suddenly the number changed to 10
Fuck him and the double cheeseburgers he ate before the rant.

Not the Yankees fault they have legends who play the game.
Jeter is probably the most respected player in the game today. There are an overwhelming number of current players who idolized Jeter and wanted to play the game or be a winner
like Jeter.
To say anything negative about his legacy is ridiculous.

The Mets franchise is the Yankees bitch
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:

Who is the guy? The fat fuck should take a cue from Jeter and walk to work himself.
This moron looks like he ate 2 dinners before the sun went down.
I hope he is a Republican because the way he went about exaggerating was ridiculous.
First it was 2 commercials that upset him and suddenly the number changed to 10
Fuck him and the double cheeseburgers he ate before the rant.

Not the Yankees fault they have legends who play the game.
Jeter is probably the most respected player in the game today. There are an overwhelming number of current players who idolized Jeter and wanted to play the game or be a winner
like Jeter.
To say anything negative about his legacy is ridiculous.

The Mets franchise is the Yankees bitch
:lol:

Jeter is a classy guy, no one is arguing that. No one should have to fellate the Yankees ove2ated as fuck shortstop, because they haven't been able to buy a team that's worth a fuck in half a decade.

What are basing your "most respected in the game" on? Soundbites? Funny how the 2009 anonymous poll taken of the players had Jeter as the most ove2ated in the game.

MVP? Nope, never, not even close. Not once.
Best player on any MFY team he's been on? Never.
Get the fuck over it. If he wasn't a Yankee, no one would care. He's not even the only HOF player retiring this year, but he's a Yankee.

Goddamn, you are fucking dumb.
Run Forrest! Run!

UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Sept 19th

Derek Jeter will be presented with a bronze cap tonight!
http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/ ... p-tonight/

Poster - He’s already got the range of someone wearing a bronze cap.

Poster - Mickey Mantle got one freakin day. Grow the fuck up.

Poster - As a Yankees fan, I want this team to win baseball games. Period. No farewell tour, no sentimental garbage to jack up ratings and ticket prices...not nothing but winning and business decisions that contribute to winning. Sorry if you disagree, but watching Jeter flat out SUCK over the course of 2014 was painful for rational fans not blinded by the legendary accomplishments Jeter accomplished up until 2013. I have the right to point out how embarrassing I believe his play, and the farewell tour too for that matter, was this season.