Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote: Kill-About time Mattingly put his foot down regarding Puig.
Sit the douche down on the bench and let him watch the team be
eliminated. If that does not light a fire under the Cuban's ass, well nothing will.
Puig has walked over Mattingly for too long.
It's a great day seeing Kershaw lose
It's a great day watching the Dodgers get eliminated
It's an even better day when Puig gets benched by the manager
You just answered it. I wonder how Magic and his buddies would feel about Mattingly benching a player to "teach him a lesson" during an elimination game in the playoffs.

If that is how and the reason for his benching expect Mattingly to be fired. Jesus :lol:
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:
Machado wrote: Kill-About time Mattingly put his foot down regarding Puig.
Sit the douche down on the bench and let him watch the team be
eliminated. If that does not light a fire under the Cuban's ass, well nothing will.
Puig has walked over Mattingly for too long.
It's a great day seeing Kershaw lose
It's a great day watching the Dodgers get eliminated
It's an even better day when Puig gets benched by the manager
You just answered it. I wonder how Magic and his buddies would feel about Mattingly benching a player to "teach him a lesson" during an elimination game in the playoffs.

If that is how and the reason for his benching expect Mattingly to be fired. Jesus :lol:
Maybe Mattingly is planning to quit, so he might be the smartest of the bunch...haha!!
No matter what, having the Dodgers out of the post-season is good enough for me.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Who would've won the '94 WS
Yankees vs Expos
Pedro vs Mattingly

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/97 ... kees-expos
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:Who would've won the '94 WS
Yankees vs Expos
Pedro vs Mattingly

I have no doubt in my mind the Expos would have won. In fact Pedro dedicated his 2004 WS to Montreal because he feels they would have won too.

Remember how dominate Pedro was then. He didn't start getting hit until after he tore his rotator cuff in 2000. A healthy Pedro in 2000 against the MFY struck out 17 of them ( the most ever done against ).

The only pitchers on Pedro's level of dominance ( not counting the GOAT Satchel Paige for the Negroe Leagues ) was Gibson in '68 and Johnson in '14. Even then Pedro did it in an era where Bret fucking Boone hit 50HRs. I think the Expos would have beat them like Pedro owned Clemens.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Machado wrote:Who would've won the '94 WS
Yankees vs Expos
Pedro vs Mattingly

When the strike hit, the Expos had gone something like 20-3 and were the most dominant team I'd ever seen. Great management, great manager, could hit for average and power, run, play defense, excellent starting pitching, Rojas, and Wetteland in the 8th/9th, if I remember right.

If that team was kept together it could have been a dynasty, and baseball would still be played in Montreal. They were drawing 35000 a night in the worst stadium baseball had ever known, at that point.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Orioles extend JJ Hardy 3/30.

O's are currently trying to extend Nelson Cruz. I know that Cruz has tore up Camden Yards, but with his PED suspension, horrible defense ( if he caught that popup in '11 Texas wins the WS ), and bad baserunning I wouldn't tie too much $$/years into him. I'm just not sold on the guy, regardless of his season.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

St. Louis announce Wainwright ( despite sore elbow ) set to start game 1 against Madbum.

The Giants @ Cardinals series is going to be badass. I wonder if Puig and Gonzalez are going to watch. Fucking douchebags.

Edit*
Wainwright to be followed by Lynn, Lackey, and Miller.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:St. Louis announce Wainwright ( despite sore elbow ) set to start game 1 against Madbum.

The Giants @ Cardinals series is going to be badass. I wonder if Puig and Gonzalez are going to watch. Fucking douchebags.

Edit*
series is destined to go 7
expect several 1 run games. cannot imagine a blowout in this series.
then again kershaw probably did not imagine losing a game to a lefty hitter on
a curveball
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:
killeverything wrote:St. Louis announce Wainwright ( despite sore elbow ) set to start game 1 against Madbum.

Edit*
a curveball
Easily. I think the winner of this series wins the WS. The Cards are the most complete team on paper and the Giants? We all know what they can do.

Go SF.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:
Machado wrote:

Edit*
a curveball
Easily. I think the winner of this series wins the WS. The Cards are the most complete team on paper and the Giants? We all know what they can do.

Go SF.
Who is even talking about the ALCS?
Unless that series is full of amazing plays, tight games, 18 inning games,
a lot of drama, etc.....Nobody will give a crap abou that series.
Safe to say when the ALCS & NLCS are played on same day, the Gians & Cards
will get the primetime slot.
The Wainwright elbow injury could sink the Cards before the
1st pitch of Game 1. Maybe the team has a great set of trainers who are capable
of getting that elbow 100%.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

The ALCS is a good story with the Royals and Orioles in it for the first time in years, but I believe KC is going to eat them alive. SF/St. Louis is going to be close. It's more of a matchup, I guess.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Yankees extend Brian Cashman 3 years. :?

So lemme get this straight. They extend a guy who hasn't built a decent farm system, hasn't done anything but outspend all other teams and tie them up with aging superstars?

The big rumor going around right now is Ned Coletti is close to being terminated for LA's playoff exit. He spent millions, has millions tied up in players not named Kershaw or Puig, and a barren farm system. LA learned that NY's business model is horrible and is paying the price.

So NY extends the guy that built this system?
:lol:
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Adam Wainwright calls concerns over elbow "way overblown. I'll pitch fine like I always do."

Having to face Wainwright is probably a lot like the Cards felt having to face Kershaw in game one. The more I look at these upcoming series, the more I think we're in for a memorable one.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

The Cardinals have added catcher A.J. Pierzynski to their National League Championship roster, replacing reliever Sam Freeman.
This changes everything.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

UtahRatt wrote:The Cardinals have added catcher A.J. Pierzynski to their National League Championship roster, replacing reliever Sam Freeman.
This changes everything.
Last time I checked AJ was a pretty burly guy. Those equipment bags are pretty heavy I'm sure having him around could really help out.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

I didn't get to say it but congratulations to the Cards and their fans in beating the Dodgers. They deserved the win. They're a team that can pull together and get the job done and did. Amazing come backs.

The Dodgers are a mess of a team proving you can make it to the playoffs on money. Thumbs up!
I didn't pay much attention to the series, Clayton's 1-inning curse and expected to carry a team full of bad and mixed chemistry into the series wasn't going to happen. At age 26 Kershaw is fine.

I hate my team, even with Wainwright getting belted I turned the game off before Kershaw's one inning blow out, wasn't surprised to see the final score. I watched parts of the rest knowing the middle relief wasn't going to help either.
I don't expect Puigy to grow up, I didn't expect the infield to shine and I knew the bats couldn't get the job done in October without a spark. The Dodgers don't have the heart like SF and the Cards. They need sparks...
As a fan I'm just happy to win the division, make the playoffs and have a chance....With this team that's sad but true.

My wish was to see Josh Beckett finally make it through a year, he was looking great and could have changed everything, hat's of to him.
The biggest surprise was Dee Gordon finally became a player, now what are the Dodgers going to do with their High Dollar Cuban defector Alex Guerrero? What to do with a guy like Puigy? Take away his Nintendo? Kemp? Hanley Ramirez?

At this point I don't know what The Dodgers could do to make it to the series. What would the Yankees do? Lets toss more money at it and get it on!
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

If KC wins the series the world would be a different place. Would it bring peace to Ferguson? That state almost needs a win.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

UtahRatt wrote:If KC wins the series the world would be a different place. Would it bring peace to Ferguson? That state almost needs a win.
Since Ferguson is closer to St. Louis I think Cardinals territory would be pretty indifferent.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Ryu doing a commercial with.....CurvShaw?

Ryu Commercial
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCEkLVSfv_w

Comments:
The Sport Culture-
Hyun-Jin Ryu stars with an young Abe Lincoln look-alike to sell Ramen. #Dodgers #MLBPlayoffs

C666O-
I didn't know Abe Lincoln was 0-4 in the playoffs! :D #Giants #MLBPlayoffs

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2014/10/ ... on-kershaw
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:If KC wins the series the world would be a different place. Would it bring peace to Ferguson? That state almost needs a win.
Since Ferguson is closer to St. Louis I think Cardinals territory would be pretty indifferent.

Flashbacks of the 85 WS, both Missouri teams killed LA teams on the way.

Oh shit, just imagine the riots and disasters that would create now.

St. Louis Cardinals’ fans classless, racist reactions to Ferguson protesters (with video)
http://www.kansascity.com/opinion/opn-c ... 69242.html

Most Kansas City Royals fans don’t like people from St. Louis calling themselves “the best fans in baseball.” It’s pretentious and self-serving.

Yet, let’s face it: The Cardinals have had plenty of success on the baseball field and earned a little right to brag.

However, as a new, lengthy video shows, those “best fans in baseball” earlier this week embarrassed themselves and their city.
Heenan Snuka
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Heenan Snuka »

Royals Orioles game was awesome
except I lost a bet

havent sat down to watch an entire postseason game like that in ages
Stoner wrote:
...we stopped at a restaurant to eat and I was wearing a Sludge shirt. Someone came up and asked me if I read the messageboard - I touched cloth for a split second and then said the shirt was my husband's and just looked at them retardedly.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Heenan Snuka wrote:Royals Orioles game was awesome
except I lost a bet

SF @ St. Louis should be just as good. I believe that series could be decided on something as small as on error. Those teams are so evenly matched.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:
except I lost a bet

SF @ St. Louis should be just as good. I believe that series could be decided on something as small as on error. Those teams are so evenly matched.
Very well could be decided by the 25th man on the bench.
A pinch runner or an obscure player like A.J. for the Cards.

Such an even match-up. I know Giants fans who are worried sick about this series.
These fans wanted LA to win because they felt that matchup was easiest.
Sometimes to be the best you have to beat the best. Or sometimes you have to go through
St. Louis in the NL
Not sure the Giants have enough hitting to defeat the Cards. Giants bats tend to go very silient for long stretches.
Home field advantage means nothing in MLB playoffs.
Series could be decided by multiple extra inning games since the 2 teams are so evenly
matched.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:
killeverything wrote:
except I lost a bet

Very well could be decided by the 25th man on the bench.
A pinch runner or an obscure player like A.J. for the Cards.

Such an even match-up. I know Giants fans who are worried sick about this series.
These fans wanted LA to win because they felt that matchup was easiest.
Sometimes to be the best you have to beat the best. Or sometimes you have to go through
St. Louis in the NL
Not sure the Giants have enough hitting to defeat the Cards. Giants bats tend to go very silient for long stretches.
Home field advantage means nothing in MLB playoffs.
Series could be decided by multiple extra inning games since the 2 teams are so evenly
matched.
Micheal Morse was just added to SF's roster. The Cards added AJ. The difference is is Morse was able to hit at the major league level last time he was active. AJ has been a below level replacement player for sometime now.

I want nothing to do with the Cards, but this is THE postseason matchup. Plus Tim Hudson ( the best of the former Big 3 ) finally has a shot at a ring. I've always been a fan of that guy.
fastermetallicat
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by fastermetallicat »

except I lost a bet

Yep, great game. Tillman looked terrified as did the rookie pitcher on KC. Royals definitely bring the drama! Lots of close plays and intense moments.

I'm a Baltimore fan, but I won't even be all that mad if KC moves on instead. Either one deserves to win the World Series over the Cards/Giants.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

fastermetallicat wrote:
except I lost a bet

Yep, great game. Tillman looked terrified as did the rookie pitcher on KC. Royals definitely bring the drama! Lots of close plays and intense moments.

I'm a Baltimore fan, but I won't even be all that mad if KC moves on instead. Either one deserves to win the World Series over the Cards/Giants.

?

I get being tired of those two always being in the postseason, especially if your not a fan. Saying they don't deserve to win over KC and Baltimore is absurd.

Neither one of those teams have outspent their competition to always remain competitive. St. Louis let team hero Albert Pujols walk and has been to at least the NLCS since replacing him with their farm. I can't think of one fan that doesn't wish their team was ran as efficiently as that franchise.

All the Beanes, Luhnows, Epsteins, Friedmans, etc. haven't come close to building what they have.

SF is managed brilliantly with a firm core, so no one is surprised when they do it anymore. Their southern rivals "don't deserve to win the WS" according to your logic ( you are right they don't ). Continuing, neither Baltimore or Kansas has won in a long time, baseball's not a charity. They don't "deserve" it because they weren't good enough for decades.

I'm happy for Baltimore. I think their GM Dan Duquette is highly underated. He built that Boston franchise that Theo is credited with. I expect them to continue to be good.
johnk5150
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by johnk5150 »

I saw Posey's game 1 post game interview. Great hair.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

So how does this make Wainwright look with his playoff performance so far?
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

UtahRatt wrote:So how does this make Wainwright look with his playoff performance so far?
It makes him look like Clayton Kershaw.

I wanted to come here and bring up their wacky parallels this season. Wainwright pitched considerably more innings than Kershaw so their Cy race is going to be close.

I find it funny THE two feared aces had trouble making it past the sixth, both were possibly covering injuries, both were overpitched. The Playoffs should have no effect on the Cy Young race, but if the BBWAA were still going to use it to seperate the two they both come up short.

Wainwright still has a chance to pitch game 5 and redeem himself. I don't think there is a chance in hell the Cardinals get swept.

Speaking of which, what did everyone think about the non-balk call on Bumgarner? On the first two angles shown since he didn't go into the stretch I thought it was correct. The front angle when they shown his front leg twitch. He balked. I don't know if Posey or someone called time.

Do you think missing a movement that small was a big deal? Balks can't be reviewed like the strikezone so with missing that call should the umpire's head be on the line? Or should it be like "damn, that was tough to catch." ?
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Sergio-What are you doing? Never throw a pitch down and in to a lefty.
Especially when the pitch is only 84 MPH.

Molina leaves the game with the classic oblique injury. Losing him would be a devastating
blow to the Cards moral.