The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by Facedown »

UtahRatt wrote:New England is lucky to be in the East
No shit. That division lottery is rigged.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Giants owner tells a bad joke about Ebola
http://youtu.be/O3sz98zRykQ
AliceManson
Headlining Clubs

Post by AliceManson »

Please let the Seahawks implode!!!
EatTheGlass wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:26 am I'd bet my house that Grohl shuts the Foos down now
Nibbler wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:33 pm Looks like Alex has shitcanned the Van Hagar remasters.
MickeyG
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by MickeyG »

Tanny pulled it together for once.
Anne_Thrax
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Anne_Thrax »

Not that I am making excuses by any means, but did you guys know that Cutler has type 1 diabetes? So crazy, I just found that out yesterday
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Dallas with another victory. Feels great. Where are all the anti Cowboys fans in the locker room?

Probably best the haters have ran away!

Fine game by Romo. Nice to see Escobar getting passes thrown his way. Double team Witten and the back up can do damage.

Murray with another 100+ yard game. 7th consecutive for a new record.
:D
Last edited by Machado on Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
johnk5150
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by johnk5150 »

Anne_Thrax wrote:Not that I am making excuses by any means, but did you guys know that Cutler has type 1 diabetes? So crazy, I just found that out yesterday
Cutler had two turnovers leading to 14 points. Did they lose by 13?

This one was on Jay and the coaches. Which sucks because he has so much talent.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:Dallas with another victory. Feels great. Where are all the anti Cowboys fanskin the locker room?
Feels great? What are you, vested? :lol:
Seven games in and you act like they won the fucking super bowl. Posting daily every stupid thing you can find.....Bad ebola joke? L O Fucking L.
You don't see Denver, Philly, Indy or other fan's act this way, that's what is amusing. Dallas has to prove it in December, not after 7 games. Cowboys fans truly are the KISS fans of NFL.
Only took um a decade to learn how to hand off the ball and land a defensive coordinator who's doing a great job by the way. They look great seven games in, so does Philly and a bunch of other teams. Murray didn't fumble, that might have been a record. Romo hasn't missed a beat now that the D is pulled together they're a team. Dallas is playing well, for OCTOBER.

Seattle dumping to the RAMS? The Rams got themselves a QB with Austin Davis, he looks like someone who's going to be around for a while.
With the 49er's loss that puts 5-1 Arizona on top all alone in the West. That division is going to be a great to watch over the next few weeks.

After looking it up, the Cardinals are 12-3 dating back to last Oct.
That's what amazes me.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

johnk5150 wrote:
Anne_Thrax wrote:Not that I am making excuses by any means, but did you guys know that Cutler has type 1 diabetes? So crazy, I just found that out yesterday

That's a tough loss. Apart from Cutlerfuck I dig their players. They got the talent but to lose at home against the Fish? I noticed they was playing from behind but Forte with 14 carries? Bad news Bears.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

UtahRatt wrote:
Machado wrote:Dallas with another victory. Feels great. Where are all the anti Cowboys fanskin the locker room?
Feels great? What are you, vested? :lol:
Seven games in and you act like they won the fucking super bowl. Posting daily every stupid thing you can find.....Bad ebola joke? L O Fucking L.
You don't see Denver, Philly, Indy or other fan's act this way, that's what is amusing. Dallas has to prove it in December, not after 7 games. Cowboys fans truly are the KISS fans of NFL.
Only took um a decade to learn how to hand off the ball and land a defensive coordinator who's doing a great job by the way. They look great seven games in, so does Philly and a bunch of other teams. Murray didn't fumble, that might have been a record. Romo hasn't missed a beat now that the D is pulled together they're a team. Dallas is playing well, for OCTOBER.

Seattle dumping to the RAMS? The Rams got themselves a QB with Austin Davis, he looks like someone who's going to be around for a while.
With the 49er's loss that puts 5-1 Arizona on top all alone in the West. That division is going to be a great to watch over the next few weeks.

After looking it up, the Cardinals are 12-3 dating back to last Oct.
That's what amazes me.
Utah
You are just another miserable poor bastard. Of course you concentrate of the negative.
Negativity is what you do best around here.

Who said anything about the SB? Do you know when that game is played? Want someone
to look that information up for you-MORON!!!
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

You fucking asked for it bitch! But that post was negative? :lol:

M13:
It's clear you have mental insecurities and wicked case of Peter pan syndrome to go along with the enthusiasm of a teenage girl. If you wasn't such a vagina you'd be able to take a knock or two without flooding a maxi over your favorite football team.

You're comebacks consist of. Yer stupid, yer a moron, yer dumb...It's like being flamed by a toddler. People don't make fun of the Cowboy's, they make fun of you. You're by far the dullest dimwit on the boards and the last amoeba who should be insulting anyone's intelligences. I've never seen a fanboy poster try so hard to sound sMarRT and fit in.

You go girl.
Luminiferous

Post by Luminiferous »

Reports of a pretty big brawl in the Bears locker room after the game...

Some fan commented "It must've been between the equipment managers and the water boys, because there's no fight in the team.."
sin
Headlining Clubs

Post by sin »

Anyone see the press conference with Sean Peyton? What the hell is that about? I know he's not used to losing but Jim Harbaugh probably saw that and thought what an asshole.

If Seattle can't take the west, and my magic eight ball says "future looks bleak" then I hope AZ does. It's just frustrating that they will have to do it with Carson Palmer. I wanted to scream at them during the draft to get a QB.
scarred but smarter
Peterbilt
Headlining Clubs

Post by Peterbilt »

UtahRatt wrote:
johnk5150 wrote:

That's a tough loss. Apart from Cutlerfuck I dig their players. They got the talent but to lose at home against the Fish? I noticed they was playing from behind but Forte with 14 carries? Bad news Bears.
Yeah, Brandon Marshall is really likable. :lol: Kyle Long bitching about the fans booing, that's another nitwit. I don't see anything there is to like about this team. The team and their fans have this air of entitlement. That's what makes it so satisfying seeing them fail. I think Marc Trestman is probably a shitty coach too. You won in the CFL, great. There's a reason it took you 25 years to get an NFL head coaching job.

The Chiefs got the win in San Diego. That was great. They're staying in the hunt.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

sin wrote:Anyone see the press conference with Sean Peyton? What the hell is that about? I know he's not used to losing but Jim Harbaugh probably saw that and thought what an asshole.

If Seattle can't take the west, and my magic eight ball says "future looks bleak" then I hope AZ does. It's just frustrating that they will have to do it with Carson Palmer. I wanted to scream at them during the draft to get a QB.
I can picture a Seattle collapse. Not talking about losing out, but going 8-8 or 7-9.
Team has a lot of problems internally and they are still hungover from
winning the SB last year.

AZ seems to be the class on that division or perhaps the NFC.

Does anybody else feel that Kap #7 on 49ers is overrated? Some of that passes he throws are not only nowhere near the intended receiver, but the receiver is not even open. Not sure the kid has a clue what to do.
His best passes are the balls he throws away.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Peterbilt wrote:Yeah, Brandon Marshall is really likable. :lol:
I don't want to go to lunch with them, I'm talking about skills. Most of them are douche bags. Cutlerfuck sucks, like a shitty mini-me version of ROMO, he couldn't lead Chicago anywhere without a cast and the Bears have talent.
I wouldn't shake Marshall's had if he gave me a football.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

UtahRatt wrote:
Peterbilt wrote:Yeah, Brandon Marshall is really likable. :lol:
I don't want to go to lunch with them, I'm talking about skills. Most of them are douche bags. Cutlerfuck sucks, like a shitty mini-me version of ROMO, he couldn't lead Chicago anywhere without a cast and the Bears have talent.
I wouldn't shake Marshall's had if he gave me a football.
The only person who believes Jay Cutler is a premier QB is actually
Jay Cutler.
Bears needed to sever ties with him years ago. When the team had a chance to have McNabb as the starter, the Bears failed to acquire him and that was a huge mistake.
Cutler is a bum. No better than Jeff George

When Kyle Orton throws a game winning TD pass and Cutler cannot, you know it's time for Cutler to hang up the cleats.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:The only person who believes Jay Cutler is a premier QB is actually
Jay Cutler.
Bears needed to sever ties with him years ago. When the team had a chance to have McNabb as the starter, the Bears failed to acquire him and that was a huge mistake.
Cutler is a bum. No better than Jeff George

When Kyle Orton throws a game winning TD pass and Cutler cannot, you know it's time for Cutler to hang up the cleats.
Where's the Bear's going to get a QB? There isn't enough. Cutler is better then half of the leagues passers and good enough to win games offensively with the weapons he has, but he wont carry them to a SB let alone the playoffs without play calling and defensive help. Not sure if their defense and coaching staff will hold up but I don't see how anyone can blame the Bears failures on Cutlerfuck.

They could pull Trent Dilfer or Kerry Collins out of retirement.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

I missed the trade, Percy Harvin from Seattle to the Jet's. And Percy is happy!

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_ ... -york-jets

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Percy Harvin went from the defending Super Bowl champions to a 1-6 team, but his upbeat demeanor Monday suggested he's glad to be out of Seattle.

Admitting he was frustrated by his role with the Seattle Seahawks, Harvin said he welcomes a fresh start with the New York Jets, who traded a sixth-round conditional pick last Friday for the mercurial wide receiver.

----------
How can Percy be frustrated when he was on the DL all of last year till the SB? I guess being forced to work his way into the system this year was too much to ask. I get the idea that Percy is a ME guy.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Steeler's vs Texans - How about the explosion at the end of the 2nd? Jesus what melt down, turn around. Houston up 13-0, 3 minutes later down 13-24.

Roethlisberger, a sweet TD pass....Texans fumble two plays later....Steeler's call a beautiful fake sweep, reverse, pass for TD #2....Texans turn it over again two plays later leading to another TD for Pittsburgh in two more plays.
I couldn't keep track, take a blink you missed it. The Texans just got hit with a cattle prod.

24 points in 2:54 at the end of the second.

Le'Veon Bell is impressing me more and more. Good hand, great vision and moves.

Texans need a new kick returner, like yesterday. Not sure what they can do with Fitzpatrick, give them a QB and they're a great team.
WTF

Post by WTF »

kylel
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by kylel »

Panthers have me worried. They looked like complete shit against GB...
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

kylel wrote:Panthers have me worried. They looked like complete shit against GB...
GB is on a roll right now. Rodgers told the public to relax and he certainly has back up his words.
I'd say the top 4 NFL MVP candidates are:
Murray
P. Manning
Rodgers
Rivers
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Ex-NFL Ball Boy Reveals What He Saw

In 2003, Eric Kester was a 17-year-old ballboy for the Chicago Bears. The aftershocks of the violence he saw during that season are still rippling through today's NFL.

In a column published in The New York Times, Kester talks about the extreme violence he saw occur on every game day, which resulted in many players sitting around in postgame locker rooms with dazed expressions from the damage inflicted.

In particular, Kester is troubled by the role he suspects he played in causing irreparable brain damage to those players. While today the football world knows about a condition called chronic traumatic encephalopathy, or CTE, Kester understood at the time as a momentary problem remedied by smelling salts.

One of Kester's responsibilities was to carry small amounts of smelling salts in his pockets on NFL sidelines waiting for players dazed from a hit. When a player would call him over -- many times after vomiting from a hard hit he had just taken -- Kester would quickly pull out the salts for the player to inhale.

The salts snapped the player back to an alert state, and he went on playing the game.

Kester argues that TV cameras were instructed not to show the smelling salts on broadcasts. But those aren't the only signs of damage Kester saw as a ball boy. He routinely found bloody and soiled jockstraps that he ascribes to a brief nervous system failure caused by a hard hit.

Kester also describes having to unwrap a wad of gum because a player lacked the fine motor skills to handle the tiny foil himself.

In the editorial, Kester calls for better mental health resources for players, as well as larger NFL reforms to save the league before injuries destroy it.

The way Kester sees it, much of the off-field trouble caused by NFL players -- particularly regarding alcohol abuse and violence -- are inextricably related to what those players endure on the gridiron.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/11/opini ... ports&_r=1
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

That's one of the best pictures all year. Never has there been a better references to being ran over the fuck over.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:Ex-NFL Ball Boy Reveals What He Saw
Ball boy should have been demoted to concession stand. Put that kid on a steel worker, miner, military, framer, farmer, fisherman or any laborious/dangerous job at low wages with no benefits and see what he thinks.
Bludegeon
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Bludegeon »

Go Chargers.
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

NOW is when we can start talking about the possible Patriots demise as they head into this section of the schedule:

Bears
Broncos
Bye
COLTS!!!!
Lions
Packers
Chargers

Yikes.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
sin
Headlining Clubs

Post by sin »

Facedown wrote:NOW is when we can start talking about the possible Patriots demise as they head into this section of the schedule:

Bears
Broncos
Bye
COLTS!!!!
Lions
Packers
Chargers

Yikes.
The Patriots have turned it back up in the last two games and looking like the team of old, but damn if I can really find a weak link in those teams right now.
scarred but smarter
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

sin wrote:
Facedown wrote:NOW is when we can start talking about the possible Patriots demise as they head into this section of the schedule:

Bears
Broncos
Bye
COLTS!!!!
Lions
Packers
Chargers

Yikes.
The Patriots have turned it back up in the last two games and looking like the team of old, but damn if I can really find a weak link in those teams right now.

I can't see anyone in the East making a push to top the Patriots.
There isn't a QB in the Division that would lead a team anywhere. I like the Bill but the Bills having the best shot is like playing the lotto. The Pat's have been on their way out for a while now but are still good enough to pull out some win in that stretch. I wouldn't begin to write them off till someone else steps up in the East.