The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by UtahRatt »

WTF wrote:
Facedown wrote:NOW is when we can start talking about the possible Patriots demise as they head into this section of the schedule:

Bears
Broncos
Bye
COLTS!!!!
Lions
Packers
Chargers

Yikes.
8) I know the season isn't over and next weekend's game against the Packers at Lambeau is going to be tough, but....
You wasn't alone on that one.
UtahRatt wrote: It's an ugly stretch no doubt and not knowing if they're home or away but I think they're still good enough to game plan out of it along with possibly catching some of those teams on a down slide.
The Pat's have been on their way out for a while now but are still good enough to pull out some win in that stretch. I wouldn't begin to write them off till someone else steps up in the East.
I still the Pat's are going to be there every year until at least ONE team in the division stands up, it will probably take two teams in the East just to make NE miss the playoffs. Brady will be gone by then. Well losing Gronkowski midseason might make the pats mortal but they'd find patchwork during the game then find a killer in the off season.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

Dallas is the only undefeated team on the road 5-0.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Denver and the Chargers just about pulled a Romo.

Miami - Are the Fish really that good. At 6-5 I'm surprised, they could easily have a few more wins and that 1st round draft pick QB Tannehill is putting together a solid season in his 3rd year.

The Bear's beat the Buc's! Had to come back to do it but they won!

Detroit - They don't seem like 7-4 but either way they got bitch slapped today. What happened to their offense? Injuries? They're in a lot of close games and it's their D that's saving the season. That's something I didn't think I'd say about the Lions. The Lions good D keeping them in the hunt.

Cleveland - I'd love to watch them trade Hoyer in the off season and spend the next two getting destroyed with that other guy. If Hoyer is let go he'd be a decent pick up for a good price I'm guessing.

Atlanta - If I'm Matt Ryan I'd ask to be traded.

Philly - Hat's off to Philly for winning games they should, running the ball and staying out of the position of having to make comebacks. Most other teams like Dallas would fold losing their starting QB.

Giant's, man do they suck, how did they not win that one. The Cowgirls D is showing it's try colors just in time for the second half choke after Thanksgiving headed down to the final two games...last game of the season. Still think they might get in just to turn around and go the fuck home.

Arizona - If Stanton can win one more game, at the most two it will fuck that division up. Seattle and San Fran will have to fight hard for the wildcard.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

eddie lee roth wrote:Dallas is the only undefeated team on the road 5-0.
I wouldn't want to win for their spastic fans at home either.
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

UtahRatt wrote:Denver and the Chargers just about pulled a Romo.

I'll take an ugly win over a loss any day, but that Chargers game doesn't give me much hope for the rest of the season. The Chargers have Baltimore next, and the rest of the year has the Chiefs, Broncos, Patriots, and 49ers. I could see them going 1-4 through that stretch.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Redman77 wrote:
sin wrote:I haven't said anything about the Lions this season because they were looking like a real team and doing the things they were supposed to for the most part. I know it's dumb but I didn't want to jinx it. AND THEN... I know it's the Patriots, but at least they could have looked like they were trying out there. And since it is the Patriots and NFL fans worldwide will see the highlights, Raiola decides it is the perfect time to set their reputation even further back,
Time for the second half swoon. Where the hell is the offense?
Typed this last night but got busy.
UtahRatt wrote:Detroit - They don't seem like 7-4 but either way they got bitch slapped today. What happened to their offense? Injuries? They're in a lot of close games and it's their D that's saving the season. That's something I didn't think I'd say about the Lions. The Lions good D keeping them in the hunt.
They miss a healthy Johnson, they can run the ball and Stafford is throwing off his back and under a lot of pressure.
They're still 7-4, still in the thick, I know they've had injuries but if their offense comes around they'll be dangerous because their defense is there. They still have all the talent. It like they took the Panthers D from last year but forgot to bring back the Lions offense. If it wasn't for picking up Tate they'd be in bad shape IMO.

Redman77 wrote:Pittsburgh has had a grand total of 3 head coaches in my lifetime that to me is a plus it signifies a team that has faith in their coaches and doesn't make any knee jerk reactions whenever things don't turn out just like they planned.
If anyone cant admire the system the Steelers have had for 35+ years they're not paying attention. For a small market team they have had one hell of a history of winning.

Raiders have had 8 coaches since 2001. SB blow out in 02.
kylel
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by kylel »

Hahahaha. I love the NFC South division this year.. All of those losses with the Panthers having a bye was great.. I just need Saints to lose tonight and I will be happy..
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

tin00can wrote:

I'll take an ugly win over a loss any day, but that Chargers game doesn't give me much hope for the rest of the season. The Chargers have Baltimore next, and the rest of the year has the Chiefs, Broncos, Patriots, and 49ers. I could see them going 1-4 through that stretch.
Anything can happen in the Division games, I think they can take the Ravens but their biggest problem is not being able to run the ball. Mathews return should change all that. The O Line is a little suspect but like the Chiefs, The Chargers D is solid, I absolutely think if San Diego can start running they'll make the playoffs. It's going to be a weird ending like last year.

The AFC North needs to start beating each other up, one or two teams from that division is bound for a losing streak. I don't see the Ravens or Cleveland making a run and Cincy plays Denver and the Steelers twice. If the Steelers drop Cincy to take over the division that will leave the West wide open.
But the Steelers are unpredictable.

I didn't think the AFC *North would be this interesting in the second half.

*edit* meant the north not to be interesting down the stretch.
Last edited by UtahRatt on Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

kylel wrote:Hahahaha. I love the NFC South division this year.. All of those losses with the Panthers having a bye was great.. I just need Saints to lose tonight and I will be happy..

I think the Saints win big tonight and win most of their remaining games. I bite my tongue saying that with a suspect D but I believe the Saints take the West and will have it sewed up with a few games left.

If the Saints don't win tonight.....Fuck that entire weak division. I hope Tampa runs the table and makes it in.
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

UtahRatt wrote:I hope Tampa runs the table and makes it in.
Same here. At this point, I'm more interested in seeing the Panthers get a decent draft pick than a playoff beatdown.
WhiteHouseSubsAC

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

kylel wrote:Hahahaha. I love the NFC South division this year.. All of those losses with the Panthers having a bye was great.. I just need Saints to lose tonight and I will be happy..
You've got nothing to be happy about at all being in that horrible division.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:
Not even that really, I like the Panthers but they suck no two ways about it, they're shitty on both sides of the ball and in the booth. Total drop from last season.

Panthers released Jason Avant, he wasn't a factor in anything but word is he was a locker room problem over play calling as well. Sound familiar Steve Smith? I think their GM has ran the team into the ground.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

What I fucking hate is the NFL scheduling this year has a lot of division teams playing each other twice within a couple games all at the end of the year.
It's like they're trying way too hard to create all these great television match up's or something.

I don't see the reasoning whatsoever.

Steelers playing Cincy twice in December, 49ers vs Seattle twice in three weeks, Philly vs Dallas twice in three weeks IN December......Arizona gets Seattle twice within a month.
Thanks for the time to, view the tape, change it up, get prepared and get some injured players back during the most important games of the season. And lets do it all in December.

The end of November and half the NFL has played two or three games within their own Division.
Last edited by UtahRatt on Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

UtahRatt wrote:What I fucking hate is the NFL scheduling this year has a lot of division teams playing each other twice within a couple games all at the end of the year.
It's like they're trying way too hard to create all these great television match up's or something.

I don't see the reasoning whatsoever.

Steelers playing Cincy twice in December, 49ers vs Seattle twice in three weeks, Philly vs Dallas twice in three weeks IN December......Arizona gets Seattle twice within a month.
Thanks for the time to, view the tape, change it up, get prepared and get some injured players back during the most important games of the season. And lets do it all in December.
Nobody gives a crap how you feel about the NFL schedule. If you have a problem, why not go to somewhere else:
"mundane & uneventful thread" in the Lounge

All you do around here is complain, bitch and moan. You get upset when this team wins. You get upset when that team loses. You get upset when a player did that or a player did that.
WTF is your point around here besides being negative?
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:Nobody gives a crap how you feel about the NFL schedule. If you have a problem, why not go to somewhere else:

All you do around here is complain, bitch and moan. You get upset when this team wins. You get upset when that team loses. You get upset when a player did that or a player did that.

HEY! It's Mr Bipolar Magic act! Last time you posted you go switched like an Adrian Peterson kid. Where have you been since EVERYONE beat you down?

What personality are you going to play this week, the crying bitch or the "I don't know shit but act like I do!"
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

UtahRatt wrote:
Machado wrote:Nobody gives a crap how you feel about the NFL schedule. If you have a problem, why not go to somewhere else:

HEY! It's Mr Bipolar Magic act! Last time you posted you go switched like an Adrian Peterson kid. Where have you been since EVERYONE beat you down?

What personality are you going to play this week, the crying bitch or the "I don't know shit but act like I do!"

Look at you. Reduced to a pathetic Ratt. Attempting to brag about a beat down on the internet. Hey, that's very cool. You must be so proud of yourself :roll:
YOU GO GIRL! Keep them poms poms tight to your chest
WTF

Post by WTF »

Machado wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:

Look at you. Reduced to a pathetic Ratt. Attempting to brag about a beat down on the internet. Hey, that's very cool. You must be so proud of yourself :roll:
I'm almost starting to think this is a nym of Stevie Rachelle. No one can be this awful. Not even P13.
kylel
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by kylel »

UtahRatt wrote:
WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:
Not even that really, I like the Panthers but they suck no two ways about it, they're shitty on both sides of the ball and in the booth. Total drop from last season.

Panthers released Jason Avant, he wasn't a factor in anything but word is he was a locker room problem over play calling as well. Sound familiar Steve Smith? I think their GM has ran the team into the ground.

Yep, look bad this year period. Mike Tolbert is back from an injury so that should help out a bit and the schedule gets easier.. I would just like to see the Panthers win the division back to back. Would make me happy, even though they would get killed in the playoffs...
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:Look at you. Reduced to a pathetic Ratt. Attempting to brag about a beat down on the internet. Hey, that's very cool. You must be so proud of yourself :roll:
Are you retaining water?
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Crazy Levi wrote:No it's not.

And they traded Four picks for him, not three.
Even better. If not for The Raiders, RGIII would be the laughing stock of the NFL in 2014. I wonder how many more national commercials he will be making in the very near future? Hopefully none.
The player had Vince Young written all over him but Snyder and Shanahan felt like they had the best QB of all time because he could run the read option, LOL!
How is that 3 step drop working out for him? Yesterday he took a beating and he has nobody but himself to blame. When you cannot feel the pressure off the edge, it's time to sit on the bench for good.
Can this moron hold a clipboard without tripping over himself?
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

UtahRatt wrote:
tin00can wrote:

Anything can happen in the Division games, I think they can take the Ravens but their biggest problem is not being able to run the ball. Mathews return should change all that. The O Line is a little suspect but like the Chiefs, The Chargers D is solid, I absolutely think if San Diego can start running they'll make the playoffs. It's going to be a weird ending like last year.

The AFC North needs to start beating each other up, one or two teams from that division is bound for a losing streak. I don't see the Ravens or Cleveland making a run and Cincy plays Denver and the Steelers twice. If the Steelers drop Cincy to take over the division that will leave the West wide open.
But the Steelers are unpredictable.

I didn't think the AFC *North would be this interesting in the second half.

*edit* meant the north not to be interesting down the stretch.

Mathews was great yesterday but missed the last 20 minutes of the game after getting piled on. Given his injury history, that's always a concern.
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

sin wrote:Raiola decides it is the perfect time to set their reputation even further back,
He did it as payback for the Patriots "running up the score".
Really? 34 is running it up? Maybe p13 actually does play football.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Facedown wrote:
sin wrote:Raiola decides it is the perfect time to set their reputation even further back,
He did it as payback for the Patriots "running up the score".
Really? 34 is running it up? Maybe p13 actually does play football.
i saw the play and am surprised the guy was not kicked out of the game.

the best call i saw yesterday was when the Ref's picked up a flag against Dallas. the ref actually called out the Giants WR for flopping on the sideines. thus taking away a flag for a late hit. great call by the refs.

this Lions player should have been booted from the game. no reason to take out the knees of an opposing player. it's wrong all the time.
WTF

Post by WTF »

Machado wrote: i saw the play and am surprised the guy was not kicked out of the game.

this Lions player should have been booted from the game. no reason to take out the knees of an opposing player. it's wrong all the time.
Yes, he should have been booted for the final 5 seconds of the game... :lol:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -head-too/
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

WTF wrote:
Machado wrote: i saw the play and am surprised the guy was not kicked out of the game.

Yes, he should have been booted for the final 5 seconds of the game... :lol:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -head-too/
sure. why not? since when does a player get to remain in the game because there is time left on the clock? that is a weak excuse. your opinion is just as bad as the officials who swallowed the whistle on each play.
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

Yeah those five seconds would have made a huge difference Machoado. The Lions almost got a chance to ru their super secret 26 point play where Raiola was a huge part of the scheme.
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
WTF

Post by WTF »

Machado wrote:
sure. why not? since when does a player get to remain in the game because there is time left on the clock? that is a weak excuse. your opinion is just as bad as the officials who swallowed the whistle on each play.
Dude, I'm a Patriots fan. Raiola will get his due from someone else, including the league when they see his crap. The Pats got this:

"I'm sure there was a lot of frustration there from Raiola. That was obvious," Belichick said at his Monday press conference. "He's never beaten us. He had a tough day in there dealing with (Vince) Wilfork and (Dont'a) Hightower and those guys."

The Patriots have won all four regular-season meetings between the two teams since Raiola was drafted in 2001.

Belichick also called out two other Detroit players.

"We saw a lot of that at the end of the game -- (Tahir) Whitehead on (LeGarrette) Blount's touchdown, (C.J.) Mosley on the personal foul on the field goal."

Mosley leveled Patriots long snapper, a protected player, Danny Aiken on a late field-goal attempt
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote:No it's not.

And they traded Four picks for him, not three.
Even better. If not for The Raiders, RGIII would be the laughing stock of the NFL in 2014. I wonder how many more national commercials he will be making in the very near future? Hopefully none.
The player had Vince Young written all over him but Snyder and Shanahan felt like they had the best QB of all time because he could run the read option, LOL!
How is that 3 step drop working out for him? Yesterday he took a beating and he has nobody but himself to blame. When you cannot feel the pressure off the edge, it's time to sit on the bench for good.
Can this moron hold a clipboard without tripping over himself?
Nobody gives a crap how you feel about the RGII or the Raiders. If you have a problem, why not go to somewhere else:

UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:i saw the play and am surprised the guy was not kicked out of the game.

the best call i saw yesterday was when the Ref's picked up a flag against Dallas. the ref actually called out the Giants WR for flopping on the sideines. thus taking away a flag for a late hit. great call by the refs.

Nobody gives a crap how you feel about flag being picked up or if a guy gets kicked out with 5 seconds left in the game. If you have a problem, why not go to somewhere else:

UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:sure. why not? since when does a player get to remain in the game because there is time left on the clock? that is a weak excuse. your opinion is just as bad as the officials who swallowed the whistle on each play.