Any Love For The College Game?

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Re: Any Love For The College Game?

Post by Machado »

DaveB wrote:There *should* be 8 teams. But let's face it, we'll NEVER see it happen. I'm sure that the committee is sitting back saying, "Ok...you wanted a fucking playoff and you got it. Now shut the fuck up."

Maybe this will put a stop to these cupcake games though. Sure wouldn't hurt my feelings.

The cupcake games should have stopped year ago. Now that a playoff system is in place, there is no reason for teams to schedule the games.
Any games played against NAIA or FCS teams should not count in the standings or should actually count as a loss for nationally ranked teams.

I never have blamed teams like W. Carolina or Northwestern St or Samford. The school is getting paid large amounts of money and the money goes a long way to a small school.
Son_of_Sam_I_Am
I'm an angry, angry boy!

Post by Son_of_Sam_I_Am »

DaveB wrote:I'm saying that the selection committee fucked TCU. NO WAY they shouldn't have been in the playoff based on what thee committee had said week in and week out. It was only at the very end did they decided that OSU should be there and TCU shouldn't.

Furthermore, I *do* think that TCU could have beaten Alabama. They destroyed Ole Miss and could have put another three touchdowns on them if they wanted.

I'm not taking anything away from OSU. They've impressed the shit out of me but I'm not sure that I'd say they "handily" beat 'Bama. They won by a touchdown.
Oh, well thank God they impressed YOU, tiger!

Again, a 3rd string quarterback (in his first start, no less) leads a team that decimates the #4 defense in the country by a score of 59-zilch?

And you wanna bring up TCU beating a 2-10 Iowa State team?

Seriously, get the fuck out of here.

And "a touchdown" indeed. Yeah, that was the score, but if you think OSU didn't dismantle 'Bama, you don't know shit about football.

As for your "dumbass" comment...go fuck yourself, you prick.
DaveB
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by DaveB »

Son_of_Sam_I_Am wrote: As for your "dumbass" comment...go fuck yourself, you prick.[/color][/b][/size]
Here's a cute puppy for you to play with.

eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

Bob Stoops has made some long needed staff changes. Fired both co-coordinators on the offensive side of the ball. Should of fired the defensive coordinator too but he didn't pull the trigger since it's his brother.

At least he somewhat demoted him by promoting the line coach to a co-coordinator position.

There's several coaches that are in the mix supposedly one of them being TX A&M's offensive coordinator who I'm hoping is the one to get it.

Can't wait to Monday night's game should be a good one. I really enjoyed New Years day reminded me of my youth when that was the last day of college games and it was only major bowl games being played.

When the dipshits in charge look at the ratings and the money involved from the playoffs that the public has been clamoring for forever I think we might be closer to a 8 team format than some of you think at least I hope so.

And TCU fucked TCU by being in the only power 5 conference without a championship game. All season long on all the Big 12 games they ran these ads with all the coaches talking about "the Big 12 were all the teams play each other and you have one true champion". :roll:

I can't believe the commish of the Big 12 who gets paid all this big money thought that would be a good slogan to run with. It's not like this is the first year they've split the championship.
DaveB
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by DaveB »

You have to think there are a lot of changes being made around the Big 12. Not only did the absence of a championship game really hurt them this year, but just the overall state of some of the programs has needed some attention. Texas and Oklahoma haven't made much noise for several years so I'm sure that both of them are really doing some soul searching since TCU and Baylor have leapfrogged them in the conference. Texas just hired Strong so you expect them to give him another couple of years before they do much of anything. And Stoops has to be on the hot seat.

I wonder how long it would take to implement a championship game in that league?

As for the playoff moving to eight teams, it certainly would have been the right thing to do this season. There were definitely six teams in contention but what has it been like in the past? Typically we've only discussed two, maybe three teams that should have been in the picture for a national championship.

I still have my doubts that a change to eight will be made anytime soon though. Maybe if we see a few consecutive season with six or seven teams such as this one. But like you said...money. It's ALWAYS come down to money. You have to believe that the ratings for Monday's game will be through the roof. I'd imagine that if the committee thinks that they can profit even more by expanding the system, they'll do it.
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

I live in Soonerville and I can tell you for the most part Stoops is alright as far as hot seats go. Let's say 1 or 2 more seasons like this last one and then his seat will be hot.

Most everybody I talk too and what you hear on the local sports talk stations is it's a crock of shit that his brother didn't get fired too.

I thought the defense was the bigger problem last year but I guess it's one of those we shall see type deals.

I also think Texas hit a home run with the Strong hire. He was hamstrung with the team he had last year and it took awhile for them to realize there's a new sheriff in town.

It seemed like every week you were either hearing about a player being suspeneded for this game or kicked off the team entirely. He did a lot of house cleaning down there.

Personally I hope he fails because here in Soonerville we don't understand all that cheering for the whole conference shit that other people do. :mrgreen:
DaveB
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by DaveB »

eddie lee roth wrote:
Personally I hope he fails because here in Soonerville we don't understand all that cheering for the whole conference shit that other people do. :mrgreen:
That evidently IS an SEC thing, isn't it? 8)

I think Strong will do fine at Texas too. He had a strong program in Louisville so there's no reason to think that he won't succeed in Texas.

We got the *other* Stoops brother at UK last season, Mark. He was the defensive coordinator at FSU before that. So far, we're tickled pink with him. Went 2-10 in his first season then 5-6 this year. Started 5-1 but then fell apart. Had some good games during that losing stretch...took the then No.1 Miss St. to the last minute losing by a touchdown.

But the team is loaded with youngsters...lots of true freshmen and sophomores. Had a top 20 recruiting class last season and this year is looking good as well. But then again, every other SEC team is having good recruiting years too! Still nice to have a positive outlook on the football field at UK. Haven't had that in...uh....forever.
Frett_Bored
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Frett_Bored »

Oregon just lost Carrington for the game - he failed a drug test and didn't make the trip.

That may hurt a bit.
DaveB
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by DaveB »

Dumbass! Couldn't lay off the weed for just one more week?
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO9N4Tr-JB8

The puppies have spoken. Oregon will win(maybe) the game tonight
Son_of_Sam_I_Am
I'm an angry, angry boy!

Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Son_of_Sam_I_Am wrote:Image

there is a co worker here who went to Oregon Univ so she is very upbeat today. i predicted the final score will be
Oregon 36
Ohio St 24
DaveB
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by DaveB »

Ducks 46-21.
Son_of_Sam_I_Am
I'm an angry, angry boy!

Neither of you have any fucking idea what you're talking about.
DaveB
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by DaveB »

Son_of_Sam_I_Am wrote:Neither of you have any fucking idea what you're talking about.
Well, I'm not an expert or anything.

Son_of_Sam_I_Am
I'm an angry, angry boy!

DaveB wrote:Well, I'm not an expert or anything.
QFT

Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

Once again the flashy gimmicky team is getting punched in the mouth by a physical team.
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
Son_of_Sam_I_Am
I'm an angry, angry boy!

Machado wrote:there is a co worker here

How ARE things down at K-Mart, anyway?
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Son_of_Sam_I_Am wrote:
Machado wrote:there is a co worker here

How ARE things down at K-Mart, anyway?
i will proudly add your name to the following lists

ignorant
unfunny
jackass
wanna-be jester

carry on
Son_of_Sam_I_Am
I'm an angry, angry boy!

Machado wrote: i will proudly add your name to the following lists

ignorant
unfunny
jackass
wanna-be jester
You'll "proudly" add my name? Those adjectives and and nouns are "lists?"

God DAMN are you retarded. I mean...you are on an entirely different level. You're like, stupid all the way down to the quantum fucking foam.

DaveB
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by DaveB »

Gritt wrote:Once again the flashy gimmicky team is getting punched in the mouth by a physical team.
Don't know that I'd call Oregon "gimmicky" but OSU has certainly kicked their ass tonight. Sucks 'cause I hate OSU but kudos to them, they did exactly what they needed to do.
FamousJames
Headlining Clubs

Post by FamousJames »

Oh well... Not what I thought, but close the books on another fun year. Guess I was wrong about Ohio St.

But I'm still an unrepentant FSU fan and am looking forward to a lot of good years out of this squad. (provided we get rid of our DC...) Still renewed my season tickets and still proudly sport the garnet and gold.

See y'all next season.
DaveB
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by DaveB »

FamousJames wrote:Guess I was wrong about Ohio St.
As were the vast majority of us. They earned it though. Kudos to them.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

DaveB wrote:
FamousJames wrote:Guess I was wrong about Ohio St.
As were the vast majority of us. They earned it though. Kudos to them.
Ohio State wanted it more. Oregon believed the hype.

What are the chances Ohio State begins the 2015 regular season with the very same QB that started the game tonight? If I am that kid who was out for the year with that leg injury, I best transfer to another school if I want to get reps with the 1st team.
Maybe Florida State would be a good fit.
DaveB
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by DaveB »

Machado wrote:
DaveB wrote: What are the chances Ohio State begins the 2015 regular season with the very same QB that started the game tonight? If I am that kid who was out for the year with that leg injury, I best transfer to another school if I want to get reps with the 1st team.
Had someone post on FB that they thought he wouldn't fit in with OSU long term and his best option would be to declare for the draft. Ain't a single NFL team out there willing to take on a kids that's only played three games. Spectacular games, but I think he's still unproven for the most part.

I don't know jack about the other two qb's that went down so I can't speak to what's going to happen up there. Either way, sure seems that there's going to be some serious competition at that position come spring.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

DaveB wrote:
Machado wrote:
DaveB wrote: What are the chances Ohio State begins the 2015 regular season with the very same QB that started the game tonight? If I am that kid who was out for the year with that leg injury, I best transfer to another school if I want to get reps with the 1st team.
Had someone post on FB that they thought he wouldn't fit in with OSU long term and his best option would be to declare for the draft. Ain't a single NFL team out there willing to take on a kids that's only played three games. Spectacular games, but I think he's still unproven for the most part.

I don't know jack about the other two qb's that went down so I can't speak to what's going to happen up there. Either way, sure seems that there's going to be some serious competition at that position come spring.
3 games makes an NFL quarterback, LOL! I hope the kid takes advice from a double talking agent and goes undrafted. That will leanr him.
Anyway, Jones has to be named the #1 starter when spring practice begins.
Rainbow Bright
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Rainbow Bright »

I'm glad I don't live in Eugene anymore. Ducks fans make Raiders fans look classy. Especially when they're drunk and upset.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Rainbow Bright wrote:I'm glad I don't live in Eugene anymore. Ducks fans make Raiders fans look classy. Especially when they're drunk and upset.
Eugene, OR and class have never been synonymous.
ABOVETOMMY
Playing at a Friend's Party

Post by ABOVETOMMY »

Amazing after the major ass whippin the ducks got Monday...it seems all the SEC lovers have kept there mouths shut.........4 turnovers, 3rd string quarterback and we still kicked ass.....O-H!!! I-O!!!! Bitches!!!
Rainbow Bright
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Rainbow Bright »

What's funny as they delivered Ohio a championship before LeBron James.