NFL INVESTIGATING PATRIOTS FOR POSSIBLY USING DEFLATED BALLS

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Re: NFL INVESTIGATING PATRIOTS FOR POSSIBLY USING DEFLATED B

Post by Machado »

Is there a more arrogant organization in the NFL or pro sports?
Time for them to suffer the consequences of their actions. Too bad
Roger Goodell, the man in charge of the NFL, has lost all control
of his league.
Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Facedown »

Anthrax442 wrote:ALSO, it's been reported that the Colts kickers felt like their kicking balls might have been deflated a bit as well, which would certainly remove distance from kickoffs, field goal attempts, and punts.
Well, if the Patriots can somehow get a hold of the COLTS!!! kicking balls then wouldn't it be funny if someone from the COLTS!!! organization deflated the Pats balls?

Patriots deserve whatever they get. I wonder if Belichick does this shit due to some kind weird fetish of getting caught.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
NeverSurrender
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by NeverSurrender »

Machado wrote:Is there a more arrogant organization in the NFL or pro sports?
of his league.

Roger Goodell is going to get rid of concussions or something.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

NeverSurrender wrote:
of his league.

Roger Goodell is going to get rid of concussions or something.
:lol:
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Big fucking deal.
Teams have been doing this forever, it's no secret it goes on and if the Football Security Cops can't control their marked balls fuck um anyway.
The problem isn't the ball, the problem is the NFL rules. Teams and players should be allowed to adjust the psi on balls.....

With the "stickum" gloves used today I don't give a shit about the ball. The hi-tech gloves pros get each year you could snatch most anything out of the air. Half of the beautiful catches made is because of the flypaper glove yet they bitch about the psi in a ball? It helps or hinders the QB more then anyone or helps make it even.

Fuck the K Ball and their stupid rules when it could be simple, allow each team to deflate or pumpup within a few psi, it would make things equal and all the bull shit would be over.

What's next.....Players will get flagged every time they get a ball from the ref then squeeze or push into the turf to soften it up before putting it on the tee or in play.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

UtahRatt wrote:Big fucking deal.
Teams have been doing this forever, it's no secret it goes on and if the Football Security Cops can't control their marked balls fuck um anyway.
The problem isn't the ball, the problem is the NFL rules. Teams and players should be allowed to adjust the psi on balls.....

With the "stickum" gloves used today I don't give a shit about the ball. The hi-tech gloves pros get each year you could snatch most anything out of the air. Half of the beautiful catches made is because of the flypaper glove yet they bitch about the psi in a ball? It helps or hinders the QB more then anyone or helps make it even.

Fuck the K Ball and their stupid rules when it could be simple, allow each team to deflate or pumpup within a few psi, it would make things equal and all the bull shit would be over.

What's next.....Players will get flagged every time they get a ball from the ref then squeeze or push into the turf to soften it up before putting it on the tee or in play.
Just another post by Utah that is very unnecessary.
The NFL currently has a PIS rule. Must be between 12.5-13.5
So currently the team are allowed to adjust between those parameters
YOU IDIOT!
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

This is such a nonissue that has been blown up by he 24 hour a day news cycle. Teams have been doing this for years. Matt Leinart tweeted earlier that EVERYBODY does it. Rodgers inflates his above regulations. It doesn't matter.

The Patriots are not to blame in this at all. The NFL should bear the entire weight of this on their own stupidity. Teams get their own balls because a few years ago the poster boy of the league ol Fivehead Manning bitched that he wanted balls he liked and had had the opportunity to use in practice and get a good feel for them. They can scuff them, sand them, throw them in dryers, do whatever they want. It's absurd. The league should keep all of the balls with the officials.

You don't see this shit in baseball, basketball, or hockey. They all use balls or pucks that are kept by officials and only brought in when it time to use them in he game.
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Gritt wrote:This is such a nonissue that has been blown up by he 24 hour a day news cycle. Teams have been doing this for years. Matt Leinart tweeted earlier that EVERYBODY does it. Rodgers inflates his above regulations. It doesn't matter.

The Patriots are not to blame in this at all. The NFL should bear the entire weight of this on their own stupidity. Teams get their own balls because a few years ago the poster boy of the league ol Fivehead Manning bitched that he wanted balls he liked and had had the opportunity to use in practice and get a good feel for them. They can scuff them, sand them, throw them in dryers, do whatever they want. It's absurd. The league should keep all of the balls with the officials.

You don't see this shit in baseball, basketball, or hockey. They all use balls or pucks that are kept by officials and only brought in when it time to use them in he game.
In the NHL they guard the pucks like they're the president.
Luminiferous

Post by Luminiferous »

"It’s been reported that #DeflateGate got rolling after Colts linebacker D’Qwell Jackson intercepted a ball thrown by Patriots quarterback Tom Brady and took it to the sideline for inspection by the equipment manager, who noticed that the ball was underinflated and passed the information up the flagpole, prompting the NFL to examine the New England footballs at halftime of the game.

According to Jay Glazer of FOX Sports, the NFL already had planned to check the footballs at halftime, based on concerns previously raised by the Colts. It’s unclear whether the Colts noticed that the balls were deflated during the November 16 regular-season game between the two teams or whether the Ravens (as Glazer suggested) shared the information with the franchise that used to be in Baltimore. Regardless, the pressure gauges were going to be inserted into the balls regardless of whether Jackson or any other Colts player had gotten his hands on one of the Patriots’ 12 footballs.

Meanwhile, former NFL official Gerry Austin said on ESPN (via Bart Hubbuch of the New York Post) that all 12 of the Colts’ footballs were properly inflated when checked at halftime and that the one out of 12 New England balls that was not two pounds under minimum was still underinflated.

Of course, it’s no surprise that the Indianapolis balls were within acceptable limits. If the Colts had tipped the league off to the issue before the game, it would have been stupid for the Colts to show up with underinflated balls."
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... erception/
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:Just another post by Utah that is very unnecessary.
The NFL currently has a PIS rule. Must be between 12.5-13.5
So currently the team are allowed to adjust between those parameters
YOU IDIOT!
"the team are allowed" Which team is that?
"The NFL currently has a PIS rule" What the fuck is a PIS rule, Machado?
Please Insert Stupid everytime Machado posts? You don't even know what the fuck you're talking about.....YOU IDIOT!

Will all your clueless posts you should just put this one in your sig.
Machado wrote:i am going to be honest here, i never saw the rule applied before.

Have you even thrown or kicked a ball you limpwristed couch potato. 12.5-13.5 is closer to a fluctuation in temperature then parameters, or about the amount of air that fills your empty head.

Fuck the Kball, dumb from the start and fuck the parameters, QB's bitch about it because it's a stupid rule that adds to more bullshit rather then making it simple and better by doing away with it. Like Rodgers stated, set a realistic low and no max. That would end a lot of BS and help game play.

This is the least big deal I've seen blow up.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

I'm going to predict they lose a 2nd round pick the Pats will be further tainted.

Belicheat won't ever be able to be in that Lombardi/Shula/Landry, and Brady won't be in the Montana talk.
Luminiferous

Post by Luminiferous »

I can't help but chuckle that a Colts linebacker noticed the alleged under inflated ball in one instance of holding the ball, but multiple officials handling the balls throughout the first half didn't notice anything..
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Jerry Jones from his luxury box saying we're Americas team shown on the worlds largest HD screen inside a Tiffany's designed Dallas stadium?

Fuck, just look at the fan base.
Blizzard of Cos
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Blizzard of Cos »

The NFL has worked had to ensure parody amongst the 32 teams.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Bill Bellicheat has no understanding of how the NFL's ball policy.

And Brady always checks his balls but never squeezes them.

They did manage to throw the ball boy under the bus though.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

NeverSurrender wrote:Bill Bellicheat has no understanding of how the NFL's ball policy.

And Brady always checks his balls but never squeezes them.

They did manage to throw the ball boy under the bus though.
Is anybody surprised? Both of them are liars. Too bad Roger Goodell and his wise cracking investigation team will wait until after the SB to punish the team for their infractions.
If Goodell had any balls or control of the league he would impose a penalty immediately. No starting QB is going to go the entire week without modifying the balls to his specifications.
Redman77
Beer & Titty King

Post by Redman77 »

Luminiferous wrote:I can't help but chuckle that a Colts linebacker noticed the alleged under inflated ball in one instance of holding the ball, but multiple officials handling the balls throughout the first half didn't notice anything..

He didn't - http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/i ... api_public

It had to be the equipment manager that took the ball.
saracapri wrote: It's true. I'm wild for buttsex.
poisonheart
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by poisonheart »

Anthrax442 wrote:
Basically, this is a complete shitshow. The Patriots will be allowed to go to the Superbowl, because the NFL doesn't have the balls to vacate the win.
They have them, alright, but they're too deflated to be of use. 8)

Gotta agree with Troy Aikman on the comparison with Bountygate hete:

"Sean Payton did not cheat. There was nothing that Sean Payton and the Saints did that was illegal. And they did not give themselves a competitive edge. I maintain, regardless of whatever was said in the locker room, and in that locker room, is not anything different than what's been said in any other locker room around the league. There's no proof on the field of what took place that guys were targeting players. You can always pull out a play here and there. They were one of the least penalized teams for unsportsmanlike conduct. So there was no evidence that anything translated to the field that they were trying to hurt players. And they did not give themselves a competitive advantage."

If Goodell doesn't come down on this organization at least as hard as he did on the Saints, this league will have lost the last vestige of credibility it is currently tenuously clinging to.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

poisonheart wrote:
Anthrax442 wrote:
Basically, this is a complete shitshow. The Patriots will be allowed to go to the Superbowl, because the NFL doesn't have the balls to vacate the win.

"Sean Payton did not cheat. There was nothing that Sean Payton and the Saints did that was illegal. And they did not give themselves a competitive edge. I maintain, regardless of whatever was said in the locker room, and in that locker room, is not anything different than what's been said in any other locker room around the league. There's no proof on the field of what took place that guys were targeting players. You can always pull out a play here and there. They were one of the least penalized teams for unsportsmanlike conduct. So there was no evidence that anything translated to the field that they were trying to hurt players. And they did not give themselves a competitive advantage."

If Goodell doesn't come down on this organization at least as hard as he did on the Saints, this league will have lost the last vestige of credibility it is currently tenuously clinging to.
IMO, the Pats deflated footballs situation and the Sean Payton bounty situation are 2 totally different situations.
The Saints committed far more offensive fouls.
We are talking about purposely injuring another player for money vs air pressure in a dozen footballs. Sorry. Unrelated. They do not deserve the same penalty
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

poisonheart wrote:
Anthrax442 wrote:

The NFL brain trust have no credibility now.
Bludegeon

Post by Bludegeon »

Machado wrote:
poisonheart wrote:
Anthrax442 wrote:

IMO, the Pats deflated footballs situation and the Sean Payton bounty situation are 2 totally different situations.
The Saints committed far more offensive fouls.
We are talking about purposely injuring another player for money vs air pressure in a dozen footballs. Sorry. Unrelated. They do not deserve the same penalty
You're right.

The Pats deserve worse, considering this isn't their first offense. As well as there isn't any actual proof of any bounties on players from the Saints..

It's all hearsay.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Meanwhile another Seahawks player gets fined...
MickeyG
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by MickeyG »

It's Kraft and Belicheat. You know there's no real punishment coming. Fines mean nothing to millionaires. Suspend the whole franchise for a year, then they'll listen.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

MickeyG wrote:It's Kraft and Belicheat. You know there's no real punishment coming. Fines mean nothing to millionaires. Suspend the whole franchise for a year, then they'll listen.
I agree. The Saints coach was suspended for 1 year. That was a stiff penalty and Goodell said at the time that "ignorance of the rule is not an excuse"
Here we have another ignorant coach and QB who claim they have done nothing wrong.
Suspend them. Obviously the suspension will have to wait until post SB and I guess that is fine by me. Just as long as the penalty is very severe.
Could be the NFL need to update the rule or change the rule because it is totally understandable that every starting QB prefers the football a certain way.
Last edited by Machado on Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

MickeyG wrote:It's Kraft and Belicheat. You know there's no real punishment coming. Fines mean nothing to millionaires. Suspend the whole franchise for a year, then they'll listen.

Yep.

Did Belicheat explain why the Colts balls were inflated op the right pressure?
MickeyG
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by MickeyG »

I suppose it's expected that the NFL would wait until after the Super bowl before showing it's findings. But the way it's been handled so far, just makes them and the Pats look bad. Without someone admitting it, or someone saying they saw something I don't see how there can be a smoking gun. Maybe they don't need one to hand out punishment. But without one, surely it will just be a slap on the wrist. I don't think they've even offered an explanation have they?
Luminiferous

Post by Luminiferous »

Report: NFL approved under-inflated balls from Patriots

Many have questioned the role of the officials in Deflategate, and rightfully so. A huge part of the NFL’s investigation will be determining if the New England Patriots’ game balls were tested, approved and then had air taken out of them. According to one Boston sports radio station, only some of that happened.

98.5 The Sports Hub’s “Toucher and Rich Show” reports that the Patriots turned in their game balls slightly under-inflated and an official — presumably head referee Walt Anderson — signed off on them. The show’s source indicated that a pressure gauge was not used.

Of course, this report directly conflicts others that we have already shared with you. Ben Volin of the Boston Globe was told that all 48 of the footballs — 12 game balls for each team and 12 backup balls — were tested with a pressure gauge and approved.

Unless the NFL can provide documentation proving that an official stuck a needle inside of each ball and measure the PSI, the league will have a problem on its hands. As we mentioned before, the NFL could be trying to cover for its officials and prove they were not negligent before an important playoff game.

Some comments Aaron Rodgers made last week are one of the reasons the possibility of the officials not doing their job shouldn't be ruled out. Rodgers admitted that he likes the ball to have as much air in it as possible and gets annoyed when the referees take air out.

“I have a major problem with the way it goes down, to be honest with you,” Rodgers said on his ESPN Milwaukee radio show. “The majority of the time, they take air out of the football. I think that, for me, is a disadvantage.”

If referees always used a pressure gauge and never did a squeeze test (like this former ball boy indicated they do), why would the Packers ever try to slip over-inflated footballs through the cracks?

Another question worth asking: If the NFL tried to run a sting operation against the Patriots, shouldn’t they have informed their officials and told them to be diligent?

Perhaps this is one reason Patriots owner Robert Kraft basically called out the NFL on Monday night. Let’s assume for a second that Toucher and Rich’s report is accurate. If that’s the case, it would be up to the fans to decide if the Patriots cheated. Most people have already made up their minds about Deflategate and the evidence is irrelevant. To me, you can’t really cheat with footballs that were inspected by an official and approved for play.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/rep ... ar-AA8DMF1
Rainbow Bright

Post by Rainbow Bright »

Football: America's drug of choice.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

The Lakers
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
Rainbow Bright

Post by Rainbow Bright »

johnk5150 wrote:
The Lakers