The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Bludegeon
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by Bludegeon »

Machado wrote:I support this signing. Beasley has turned into a very good possession receiver and is worth the money
Cole Beasley agreed to a four-year deal worth roughly
$14 million and $7 million guaranteed

Well,

I am sure Jerry and CO. are sleeping well tonight knowing that you are okay with it..
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

McCoy for Alonso? Not sure I get that one from philly's side.
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Crazy Levi »

Gritt wrote:McCoy for Alonso? Not sure I get that one from philly's side.
Trade an aging, expensive RB away for a younger LB still under a cheap contract...I can see it. Philly always gets rid of people a year early rather than a year late and that's one of the reasons they are always good.

Plus RBs are a dime a dozen. You hardly ever hear fans bitching about their team's RB cause they are almost all good.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Crazy Levi wrote:
Gritt wrote:McCoy for Alonso? Not sure I get that one from philly's side.
Trade an aging, expensive RB away for a younger LB still under a cheap contract...I can see it. Philly always gets rid of people a year early rather than a year late and that's one of the reasons they are always good.

Plus RBs are a dime a dozen. You hardly ever hear fans bitching about their team's RB cause they are almost all good.
McCoy will be 27 when the new season begins. Very unfair to call him aging.
Now some like A. Johnson from Houston is 33 yrs of age. He certainly qualifies as an aging NFL player. Eagles are making a calculating risk by trading away an explosive weapon on offense.
Maybe this is step 1 in drafting Marriota from Oregon as the new QB?
Bludegeon

Post by Bludegeon »

Glad to see McCoy outta the East. Hope the Eagles get rid of the other good players they have as well.
Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Facedown »

Peyton is gonna play!!!!!!!!!!!
4mil pay cut.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Facedown wrote:Peyton is gonna play!!!!!!!!!!!
4mil pay cut.
I predict a bad year for him.

Probably not a Brett Favre last season kinda bad, but certainly a "he should have retired" kind of bad.
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

Crazy Levi wrote:
Facedown wrote:Peyton is gonna play!!!!!!!!!!!
4mil pay cut.
I predict a bad year for him.

Probably not a Brett Favre last season kinda bad, but certainly a "he should have retired" kind of bad.
I'm getting a Willie Mays in a Mets uniform feeling about the upcoming season for Manning.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Gritt wrote: I'm getting a Willie Mays in a Mets uniform feeling about the upcoming season for Manning.
I honestly never thought Manning would let it come to that but I suppose it could be the one thing he ends up having in common with your shittier QBs.

Marino, Montana, Elway, Steve Young...even Aikman. These guys all left at the right time.
Bludegeon

Post by Bludegeon »

Crazy Levi wrote:
Gritt wrote: I'm getting a Willie Mays in a Mets uniform feeling about the upcoming season for Manning.
I honestly never thought Manning would let it come to that but I suppose it could be the one thing he ends up having in common with your shittier QBs.

Marino, Montana, Elway, Steve Young...even Aikman. These guys all left at the right time.

Peyton.. Don't be KISS... Stop now.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Palomalu is not leaving the game on his own terms. Steelers want him to retire
before they are forced to release him.
12 or so years in the league. Does not matter. NFL is a cruel sport.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Machado wrote:Palomalu is not leaving the game on his own terms. Steelers want him to retire
NFL isn't a sport, moron.
Bludegeon

Post by Bludegeon »

Machado wrote:Palomalu is not leaving the game on his own terms. Steelers want him to retire

He has been done for the past couple of seasons. Old, and getting injured a lot more.

It is time. Not many safeties last that long in the NFL..

It's a business now.. Loyalty was was gone a long, long , time ago.
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Patriots don't pick up the option on Wilfork.
Happy trails big guy.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Maurice Jones-Drew has retired from the NFL.

Question for you all: Does the NFL Pension kick in after 10 years in the league? Jones-Drew played for 9 seasons. Odd that he would retire with only 1 year to go before earning an NFL Pension
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

Machado wrote:Maurice Jones-Drew has retired from the NFL.

Question for you all: Does the NFL Pension kick in after 10 years in the league? Jones-Drew played for 9 seasons. Odd that he would retire with only 1 year to go before earning an NFL Pension
Four years
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Bears trade Brandon Marshall to Jets. Could the Jets now make a move with the Eagles and get Foles and a bunch of draft picks for their 1st round spot?
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Exhibit 790 of Machado's stupidity.

Why would a union representing members whose majority NEVER play 10 seasons agree to something like that? You don't have any common sense.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Crazy Levi wrote:

Exhibit 790 of Machado's stupidity.

Why would a union representing members whose majority NEVER play 10 seasons agree to something like that? You don't have any common sense.
Why do you have to be so negative the majority of the time? Just because you are unable to have happiness in your own life does not mean you need to pollute the boards with your negativity.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Machado wrote: Why do you have to be so negative the majority of the time? Just because you are unable to have happiness in your own life does not mean you need to pollute the boards with your negativity.
Why do you have to be such a moron, and pollute the boards with your stupidity?

From not having any idea how to flush a toilet, to making fun of people for misspelling James Gandolfini while spelling it incorrectly at the exact same time, to thinking that the NFL Player's Union would negotiate a contract where 70 percent of its members will never be eligible for their pension, you continually demonstrate that you are very dumb.

If you want to stop being called out on it, stop posting, because there is no hiding from the kind of retardation you possess.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Crazy Levi wrote:
Machado wrote: Why do you have to be so negative the majority of the time? Just because you are unable to have happiness in your own life does not mean you need to pollute the boards with your negativity.
Why do you have to be such a moron, and pollute the boards with your stupidity?

From not having any idea how to flush a toilet, to making fun of people for misspelling James Gandolfini while spelling it incorrectly at the exact same time, to thinking that the NFL Player's Union would negotiate a contract where 85 percent of its members will never be eligible for their pension, you continually demonstrate that you are very dumb.

If you want to stop being called out on it, stop posting, because there is no hiding from the kind of retardation you possess.
You have a case of revisionist history amigo! Oh no, you actually requested that I stop posting. What will you do when the NFL season begins and my favorite team, Dallas, is crushing your favorite team, The Skins?
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Bye Reggie. You were a hell of a ball player.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

Suh reportedly to Mia, kind of torn on this, don't like the money they'll be throwing his way but a D with Suh, Wake, Starks, Jenkins , Vernon, and Grimes is scary.
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

Looks like the Eagles are pushing all their chips to the middle.
sin
Headlining Clubs

Post by sin »

Goodbye Suh I'm gonna miss you.
scarred but smarter
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

I think it's a shame the difference in salaries for NFL players vs NBA and MLB players and I'm all for the NFL players getting as much as they can get but there's no way Suh should make more money than Watt.

That being said the Dolphins should be a damn good defensive team next year and it'll be interesting to watch and see how things will shake out between the Pats and everybody else.

The Bills and the Jets have made some good moves too this off-season. I just hope Suh doesn't do anything stupid and intentionaly injure Brady.
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

That being said the Dolphins should be a damn good defensive team next year and it'll be interesting to watch and see how things will shake out between the Pats and everybody else.
Agreed He shouldn't make more than Watt, and his dirty play is what makes me wary, He'll def make the D better but they need some WR's and DB's still, guess they'll have to address that in the draft.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

dtmfs wrote:
Agreed He shouldn't make more than Watt, and his dirty play is what makes me wary, He'll def make the D better but they need some WR's and DB's still, guess they'll have to address that in the draft.
It'll take about one more suspension for this guy to say "Fuck it. I got paid. I'll just half-ass it from now on. After all I don't even give a fuck about Miami. Let's go hit the club!"

Perhaps the Haynesworth situation has me battered and bruised but I think Miami made a mistake. This has disaster written all over it.
WhiteHouseSubsAC

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

Gritt wrote:Looks like the Eagles are pushing all their chips to the middle.
No fucking shit. On paper all these moves are good except Sanchez (although it makes me believe they are going after Mariota and need an experienced guy to mentor him like Doug Pedersen did with McNabb). Frank Gore is a good pickup and obviously they got the guy they wanted with Maxwell. Let's see who they land at WR. Maclin hurts but there is no way Chip was going to pay him 11 million a year. I guess this means KC will actually get a WR touchdown this season.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
Redman77
Beer & Titty King

Post by Redman77 »

Crazy Levi wrote:
dtmfs wrote:
It'll take about one more suspension for this guy to say "Fuck it. I got paid. I'll just half-ass it from now on. After all I don't even give a fuck about Miami. Let's go hit the club!"

Perhaps the Haynesworth situation has me battered and bruised but I think Miami made a mistake. This has disaster written all over it.
I don't see that from him. He's a work out demon and loves the game. Sad to see him go, but that contract is going to handcuff the Fins.
saracapri wrote: It's true. I'm wild for buttsex.