The official NHL thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

chungasrevenge
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Re: The official NHL thread

Post by chungasrevenge »

:wink:
Facedown wrote:Theory came out today that Neely wanted them gone years ago.
Wanted them gone but they won the Cup. Got a pass the next year.
Was ready to let them go against the Leafs but a miracle saved them.
This year he finally got his wish.
It's Neely's ass now. Charlie Jacobs looked confused at the press conference.

Let the Brian Burke era begin. :wink:
chungasrevenge

Post by chungasrevenge »

WOLF wrote:
Facedown wrote:
Facedown wrote: Goodbye Chiarelli.

Saying goodbye to Campbell, Paille
So far, so good.
Chiarelli mismanaged the cap, was too loyal to the guys who won him a cup, and didn't maximize his return for guys like Seguin and Boychuk.

Having said that, he returned the Bruins to respectable status and beyond, along with Claude Julien. Maybe he/they deserved a mulligan? Curious to see if they can come up with a replacement who can do better. Too bad - the guy they could have used is now GM in Vancouver.

Really hope Neely doesn't think Don Sweeney can cut it.

Julien is surely next, once new GM is in place. I thought to myself the other day that Ted Nolan would be an interesting choice. Or John Tortorella - for the fire more than anything else.
Right on. Burke/Tortorella is the odds on favorite from Neely and both are from the area. Shero/Bylsma? Sweeney was supposedly a Chiarellia hire with the Harvard connection.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

EatTheGlass wrote:You know, I think I remember you from last year. You were pro-Kings until they spanked the Rangers in the final.....then all of a sudden you couldn't stand them and their 'obnoxious' fans. First of all, what fan-base doesn't have obnoxious fans....Chicago? 9 out of 10 CHI fans have an attitude that the cup should just be handed to them at the start of the season. Then there are NYR fans.....who all believe it's a league conspiracy they didn't win the cup last year.....forget about the dominance of the Kings, it was the refs that cost them.

So you still haven't answered....WHO IS YOUR TEAM? And for the record, you are saying the Kings won't make it back next year? I just want to make sure I take note of your prediction.
Still haven't answered? A million fucking times over I'm a total Rangers fan, then the Flames with several other teams I support like The Kings...Yes I was the one rooting for the KINGS in the West but expected a lot more class during the Cup. I don't care if the Refs sucked, The KINGS dominated the Rangers, the Rangers wasn't in the same class. They wasn't supposed to make the finals let alone compete with LA.
Funny how things change in a season, now LA couldn't make the playoffs and the Rangers win the President cup. I don't expect them to win the Stanley but just making it this far amazes me after the off season and first of the year. No one thought they'd make the playoffs, same with the Flames. Now here we are.

I'm just busting your balls, you're the only one making excuses and blaming "LUCK" so it made it easy. Yes it's also why I don't like the Hawks, they're fans tend to be obnoxious, like LA, the Hawks have had recent success so they get belligerent. I hope the KINGS have a good season next year, I can't stop liking them because some of their fans act like ass clowns. Every team has moronic fans, some more than others. There's a lot of LA and Hawks bandwagon fans around here.
Anyway, enough with the KINGS, this is playoff time......And the KINGS isn't one of them! :wink:

FLAMES WINNNNNNNNNNNNN! 30 seconds left!

What a Chicago vs Nashville game - Game one double OT, talk about draining if it's a long series.

Ottawa vs Montreal - Awesome fucking game, 6 goals in the 2nd! Dam. Ottawa is tough, I really want them to take it but Montreal is going to be a mountain.

NYI vs Washington - The Islander are solid if they play like they did before the last month collapse the Capitals could have a fight on their hands. I still think the Cap's come back with a vengeance.

Calgary vs Vancouver - one of the better match ups people can and have been underestimating the Flames all season long. I've watched a lot of games and this team has more fight them no matter who get hurts or how much they're down. Great win.

There's a lot of great first round match ups. My favorites....

Hawks vs Pred's - could be a preview for the West champs.
Flames vs Canucks
Senators vs Canadians - The way Ottawa battled too finish the season just might give Montreal a series.

Blues vs Wild - a sleeper series
Tampa vs Detroit - I'm praying Detroit somehow wins
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Mazerati

Post by Mazerati »

Awesome Flames game tonight...as i said I think it'll be over in 5
Bennett looked good tonight in only his 2nd NHL game ever and should get even better as the playoffs advance
EatTheGlass
Headlining Clubs

Post by EatTheGlass »

UtahRatt wrote:
EatTheGlass wrote:You know, I think I remember you from last year. You were pro-Kings until they spanked the Rangers in the final.....then all of a sudden you couldn't stand them and their 'obnoxious' fans. First of all, what fan-base doesn't have obnoxious fans....Chicago? 9 out of 10 CHI fans have an attitude that the cup should just be handed to them at the start of the season. Then there are NYR fans.....who all believe it's a league conspiracy they didn't win the cup last year.....forget about the dominance of the Kings, it was the refs that cost them.

So you still haven't answered....WHO IS YOUR TEAM? And for the record, you are saying the Kings won't make it back next year? I just want to make sure I take note of your prediction.
Still haven't answered? A million fucking times over I'm a total Rangers fan, then the Flames with several other teams I support like The Kings...Yes I was the one rooting for the KINGS in the West but expected a lot more class during the Cup. I don't care if the Refs sucked, The KINGS dominated the Rangers, the Rangers wasn't in the same class. They wasn't supposed to make the finals let alone compete with LA.
Funny how things change in a season, now LA couldn't make the playoffs and the Rangers win the President cup. I don't expect them to win the Stanley but just making it this far amazes me after the off season and first of the year. No one thought they'd make the playoffs, same with the Flames. Now here we are.

I'm just busting your balls, you're the only one making excuses and blaming "LUCK" so it made it easy. Yes it's also why I don't like the Hawks, they're fans tend to be obnoxious, like LA, the Hawks have had recent success so they get belligerent. I hope the KINGS have a good season next year, I can't stop liking them because some of their fans act like ass clowns. Every team has moronic fans, some more than others. There's a lot of LA and Hawks bandwagon fans around here.
Anyway, enough with the KINGS, this is playoff time......And the KINGS isn't one of them! :wink:

FLAMES WINNNNNNNNNNNNN! 30 seconds left!

What a Chicago vs Nashville game - Game one double OT, talk about draining if it's a long series.

Ottawa vs Montreal - Awesome fucking game, 6 goals in the 2nd! Dam. Ottawa is tough, I really want them to take it but Montreal is going to be a mountain.

NYI vs Washington - The Islander are solid if they play like they did before the last month collapse the Capitals could have a fight on their hands. I still think the Cap's come back with a vengeance.

Calgary vs Vancouver - one of the better match ups people can and have been underestimating the Flames all season long. I've watched a lot of games and this team has more fight them no matter who get hurts or how much they're down. Great win.

There's a lot of great first round match ups. My favorites....

Hawks vs Pred's - could be a preview for the West champs.
Flames vs Canucks
Senators vs Canadians - The way Ottawa battled too finish the season just might give Montreal a series.

Blues vs Wild - a sleeper series
Tampa vs Detroit - I'm praying Detroit somehow wins
Fair enough, you and I call a truce and we get back to talking about what's going on now. (but for the record, I think you took my 'luck' comments out of context)

I'm glad to see the Rangers get this far....I hated that fucking team in the mid 90's and early 2000's when they constantly tried to buy a championship, never worked. I think over the past 5-6 years they've built it right, and I hope they win the whole thing....I'm rooting for whatever team comes out of the east. And if the west wins, please god, don't let it be ANA or CHI!
EatTheGlass
Headlining Clubs

Post by EatTheGlass »

Mazerati wrote:Awesome Flames game tonight...as i said I think it'll be over in 5
Bennett looked good tonight in only his 2nd NHL game ever and should get even better as the playoffs advance

Interesting series, I think both teams blow, have little depth and aren't really playoff teams. But they pushed hard and made it in, but I don't see either one making it out of the 2nd round.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

EatTheGlass wrote:
Mazerati wrote:Awesome Flames game tonight...as i said I think it'll be over in 5

Interesting series, I think both teams blow, have little depth and aren't really playoff teams. But they pushed hard and made it in, but I don't see either one making it out of the 2nd round.
Both ARE playoff teams and you want to know why...Because they're both in! You sound like the NHL shouldn't even have a regular season, get over it, the KINGS didn't make it. The best part is, both teams beat the KINGS in the final week! :lol:
Spare me the playoffs is a different, bla, bla, bla. The way the KINGS was playing they couldn't beat the Oilers....Wait, they did lose to the Oilers!

I don't think I've seen a more sour fan on the boards since P13.

There's some great hockey going on and all you can do is sulk.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
ShearMagic
Forming a Band

Post by ShearMagic »

EatTheGlass wrote:Interesting series, I think both teams blow, have little depth and aren't really playoff teams. But they pushed hard and made it in, but I don't see either one making it out of the 2nd round.
If they weren't playing each other, both would be eliminated in the first round. I like the Flames for old times sake (Lanny, Al, Fleury, Kipper) and can't stand the Canucks but it's great that there's five teams from Canada in the playoffs.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

SOG - Detroit 14 Tampa 46
Score - Detroit 3 Tampa 2

Tampa PP 0/7 14 minutes.

I'm convinced the Jet's are the dirtiest team in the league. Ducks 4 Jet's 2 - Ducks PP 2/3
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

ShearMagic wrote:
EatTheGlass wrote:Interesting series, I think both teams blow, have little depth and aren't really playoff teams. But they pushed hard and made it in, but I don't see either one making it out of the 2nd round.
If they weren't playing each other, both would be eliminated in the first round. I like the Flames for old times sake (Lanny, Al, Fleury, Kipper) and can't stand the Canucks but it's great that there's five teams from Canada in the playoffs.
Either would give the Jet's or Pens a game. Both would take LA and Boston.
EatTheGlass
Headlining Clubs

Post by EatTheGlass »

UtahRatt wrote:
EatTheGlass wrote:

Both ARE playoff teams and you want to know why...Because they're both in! You sound like the NHL shouldn't even have a regular season, get over it, the KINGS didn't make it. The best part is, both teams beat the KINGS in the final week! :lol:
Spare me the playoffs is a different, bla, bla, bla. The way the KINGS was playing they couldn't beat the Oilers....Wait, they did lose to the Oilers!

I don't think I've seen a more sour fan on the boards since P13.

There's some great hockey going on and all you can do is sulk.
So every opinon I have is related to the Kings not making it? I don't see VAN or CAL beating anyone in the 2nd round....that's my take and we'll see what happens. On the other hand, I'm all Jets...the way they were rolling down the stretch, I definitely think they can beat the Ducks. **fingers crossed**
EatTheGlass
Headlining Clubs

Post by EatTheGlass »

UtahRatt wrote:
ShearMagic wrote:
Either would give the Jet's or Pens a game. Both would take LA and Boston.
Bullshit on that, Kings are a different beast in the playoffs...you know it. hell, look no further than two weeks ago when they put the beating down on your beloved Rangers, the best team in the universe...AT THE GARDEN! Experience goes a long way in a cup run....NOBODY wanted to play the Kings. Quit being a douche already....
Mazerati

Post by Mazerati »

EatTheGlass wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:

Bullshit on that, Kings are a different beast in the playoffs...you know it. hell, look no further than two weeks ago when they put the beating down on your beloved Rangers, the best team in the universe...AT THE GARDEN! Experience goes a long way in a cup run....NOBODY wanted to play the Kings. Quit being a douche already....

The Kings had their backs against the wall against the Flames win or go home...don't you think that was considered a playoff game to the Kings? and they still couldn't win
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Mazerati wrote:The Kings had their backs against the wall against the Flames win or go home...don't you think that was considered a playoff game to the Kings? and they still couldn't win
It was just "BAD PUCK LUCK"..............82 GAMES OF IT.

Speaking of the intellectually disabled.
The KINGS did lock out Sutter! GM confirmed it. Sounds like a team under control and you wonder why they folded. Of course The GM plays stupid and says it happened weeks ago but funny how the story strangely broke after the Flames loss.
EatTheGlass wrote:One more thing, if you believe that Sutter story, you are a fucking retard.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/standings.htm?se ... 5&type=CON

Gee, ain't that a stinker? How now brown cow?
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

EatTheGlass wrote:Bullshit on that, Kings are a different beast in the playoffs...you know it. hell, look no further than two weeks ago when they put the beating down on your beloved Rangers, the best team in the universe...AT THE GARDEN!
While the Rangers spanked the KINGS in The Excuse Forum with our shaky new back up goalie before that. Beloved? I'm not the one making excuses and blaming "LUCK!". I'm not fanatical, if the Rangers lose I don't cry about it. KINGS fans are like the KISS ARMY.

I don't know the KINGS are different in the playoffs because they're not in it.
EatTheGlass
Headlining Clubs

Post by EatTheGlass »

Mazerati wrote:

The Kings had their backs against the wall against the Flames win or go home...don't you think that was considered a playoff game to the Kings? and they still couldn't win
So you're telling me the Kings are a drastically different team than the won who won the cup? They are so different, they wouldn't be expected to make some noise in the playoffs?
EatTheGlass
Headlining Clubs

Post by EatTheGlass »

UtahRatt wrote:
Mazerati wrote:The Kings had their backs against the wall against the Flames win or go home...don't you think that was considered a playoff game to the Kings? and they still couldn't win
It was just "BAD PUCK LUCK"..............82 GAMES OF IT.

Speaking of the intellectually disabled.
The KINGS did lock out Sutter! GM confirmed it. Sounds like a team under control and you wonder why they folded. Of course The GM plays stupid and says it happened weeks ago but funny how the story strangely broke after the Flames loss.
EatTheGlass wrote:One more thing, if you believe that Sutter story, you are a fucking retard.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/standings.htm?se ... 5&type=CON

Gee, ain't that a stinker? How now brown cow?
Dude, did you just start watching professional sports, or are you that dumb and naive to believe the context of that story? It's called a 'players only' meeting,,,,,happens all the time, with probably every team you can think of. Do your research before you sputter off like a jackass. Here, taken from a Kings blog:

Brown seemed amused that the two-month old incident was raised during the season’s twilight. He definitely has grounds; it’s naïve to think that these types of incidents are isolated solely between the Kings and Darryl Sutter, or between teams outside of the playoffs and their coaches. There are most likely teams currently in the postseason that have had sore moments in coach-player relationship this season. There are most likely prior spats involving the Kings and staff during Stanley Cup years that we’ll ultimately never know about.

“I think it happens quite a bit, but I again, I also think that this little locker room thing has been blown completely out of proportion,” Brown said. “But it happens all the time, it’s not always player-coach. Sometimes it’s players-on-players. Again, it kind of comes back to demanding more of each other. Sometimes you don’t necessarily want to hear it, but it’s something that needs to be said or vice versa. There are moments on the bench or in the room after games where players have it out. At the end of the day, that’s probably healthy because if you keep it in, you’re consistently having problems. We are pretty good in that. Again, it comes back to our group, we’re pretty open with each other and honest with each other. Again, we can get on each other and then go have a beer and be fine.”

“It happens a lot, but again that’s stuff that happens behind closed doors and it happens for a reason. It’s not because one guy doesn’t like another, it’s because we’re all trying to win.”

Dustin Brown, on the team’s relationship with Darryl Sutter:
EatTheGlass
Headlining Clubs

Post by EatTheGlass »

UtahRatt wrote:
EatTheGlass wrote:Bullshit on that, Kings are a different beast in the playoffs...you know it. hell, look no further than two weeks ago when they put the beating down on your beloved Rangers, the best team in the universe...AT THE GARDEN!
While the Rangers spanked the KINGS in The Excuse Forum with our shaky new back up goalie before that. Beloved? I'm not the one making excuses and blaming "LUCK!". I'm not fanatical, if the Rangers lose I don't cry about it. KINGS fans are like the KISS ARMY.

I don't know the KINGS are different in the playoffs because they're not in it.
And that's a good thing for your Rangers, eh?
Mazerati

Post by Mazerati »

Ugh
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Flames vs Canucks: Penalty Minutes 95m vs 71m
Sounds like the gloves came off.

156 minutes of penalties just in the 3rd. Some good footage I want more. It looked like a gang fight I'm surprised they didn't bring in a SWAT team to stop it.
http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/recap? ... highlights

The Recap.....
Referees Dan O'Halloran and Brad Meier assessed 132 penalty minutes after all five skaters from each team squared off deep in the Canucks' end with 1:17 left to play.
The penalty total included three game misconducts for Calgary defenseman Deryk Engelland and one each for Vancouver's Derek Dorsett, Dan Hamhuis and Brad Richardson.

This series is a bruiser with more punches then shots on goal.
Mazerati

Post by Mazerati »

UtahRatt wrote:Flames vs Canucks: Penalty Minutes 95m vs 71m
Sounds like the gloves came off.

156 minutes of penalties just in the 3rd. Some good footage I want more. It looked like a gang fight I'm surprised they didn't bring in a SWAT team to stop it.
http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/recap? ... highlights

The Recap.....
Referees Dan O'Halloran and Brad Meier assessed 132 penalty minutes after all five skaters from each team squared off deep in the Canucks' end with 1:17 left to play.
The penalty total included three game misconducts for Calgary defenseman Deryk Engelland and one each for Vancouver's Derek Dorsett, Dan Hamhuis and Brad Richardson.

Yea that was some ending...but man Hudler & Gaudreau better start doing something on offense Sunday
feds
Signed One Album Deal on Indy Label

Post by feds »

LOL.......again, Vancouver is experienced and deeper. Calgary has about 7 rookies in the lineup......good luck with that Flamers........typical Hartley trying to goon it up and leaving Ferland out to hang. He better hope Kassian ain't back next game.
It's a long way to the top, if you wanna rock'n'roll!
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Not good... and perhaps an indication of what was wrong with the Kings this year. So much for making a good showing prior to your UFA year. I hope Jarret will enjoy playing in Siberia next year!

According to a report by CBS Los Angeles and CBS Las Vegas, Los Angeles Kings forward Jarret Stoll was arrested Friday on suspicion of possession of cocaine and Ecstasy.

Per a web story on CBS Los Angeles, Stoll was arrested at the Wet Republic pool complex at the MGM Grand Hotel, and Las Vegas police confirmed the situation.

Vanessa Murphy of CBS Las Vegas had the initial report via Twitter.

It was also confirmed by Orange County Register Los Angeles Kings beat reporter Rich Hammond via Twitter.

NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly also released a comment to Lisa Dillman and the LA Times via Twitter:

"We are aware of the reports tonight and we obviously will follow up to understand the nature of the allegations that are being made. We are not in a position at this time to comment further until we have more information"

Stoll was released from jail on $5,000 bail per Hammond and a hearing is set for Saturday.

The Kings released a statement:

“We are aware of police reports out of Clark County, Nevada regarding Jarret Stoll. Our organization is concerned and has begun conducting a thorough internal investigation. While we continue to actively gather facts, we are withholding further comment at this time.”

Stoll just finished the final season of a three-year $9.75 million contract with Los Angeles. The pending unrestricted free agent had 17 points in 73 games last season.
EatTheGlass
Headlining Clubs

Post by EatTheGlass »

WOLF wrote:Not good... and perhaps an indication of what was wrong with the Kings this year. So much for making a good showing prior to your UFA year. I hope Jarret will enjoy playing in Siberia next year!

According to a report by CBS Los Angeles and CBS Las Vegas, Los Angeles Kings forward Jarret Stoll was arrested Friday on suspicion of possession of cocaine and Ecstasy.

Per a web story on CBS Los Angeles, Stoll was arrested at the Wet Republic pool complex at the MGM Grand Hotel, and Las Vegas police confirmed the situation.

Vanessa Murphy of CBS Las Vegas had the initial report via Twitter.

It was also confirmed by Orange County Register Los Angeles Kings beat reporter Rich Hammond via Twitter.

NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly also released a comment to Lisa Dillman and the LA Times via Twitter:

"We are aware of the reports tonight and we obviously will follow up to understand the nature of the allegations that are being made. We are not in a position at this time to comment further until we have more information"

Stoll was released from jail on $5,000 bail per Hammond and a hearing is set for Saturday.

The Kings released a statement:

“We are aware of police reports out of Clark County, Nevada regarding Jarret Stoll. Our organization is concerned and has begun conducting a thorough internal investigation. While we continue to actively gather facts, we are withholding further comment at this time.”

Stoll just finished the final season of a three-year $9.75 million contract with Los Angeles. The pending unrestricted free agent had 17 points in 73 games last season.
Stolly knows how to party! Too bad it didn't help him score goals....
ParaDime77
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by ParaDime77 »

Stoll getting clipped has got to make Erin Andrews a little nervous. Tough week for female sportscasters.....
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

UtahRatt wrote: The penalty total included three game misconducts for Calgary defenseman Deryk Engelland and one each for Vancouver's Derek Dorsett, Dan Hamhuis and Brad Richardson.

hamhuis actually got a double game misconduct. i only hear that happening in beer leagues
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Kinda glad the Oilers won the draft lottery. The Sabres and Yotes were obviously tanking; I didn't want to see McDavid go to a market where people don't really pay to see hockey games, and I feared it would all be rigged in the Leafs' favor to try and restore that broken franchise to glory.

The Oilers are fuck-ups, but at least people there are passionate about hockey. If management smartens up - i.e.. trades for a goalie, some D, and veteran leadership, and of course drafts McDavid, they could get good in a hurry. Oh, and let the young guy who came up to coach them last year stick with it; they don't need a veteran retread coach.

IMO build around McDavid, and TWO of Hall, Nugent-Hopkins, Eberle, and Yakupov. Trade the other two young forwards and fill your needs.
EatTheGlass
Headlining Clubs

Post by EatTheGlass »

WOLF wrote:Kinda glad the Oilers won the draft lottery. The Sabres and Yotes were obviously tanking; I didn't want to see McDavid go to a market where people don't really pay to see hockey games, and I feared it would all be rigged in the Leafs' favor to try and restore that broken franchise to glory.

The Oilers are fuck-ups, but at least people there are passionate about hockey. If management smartens up - i.e.. trades for a goalie, some D, and veteran leadership, and of course drafts McDavid, they could get good in a hurry. Oh, and let the young guy who came up to coach them last year stick with it; they don't need a veteran retread coach.

IMO build around McDavid, and TWO of Hall, Nugent-Hopkins, Eberle, and Yakupov. Trade the other two young forwards and fill your needs.
Couldn't disagree more.....BUF got hosed, they deserved it and they have a tremendous fan base.

This will be like what, EDM fourth #1 pick in like the last 7 years? Fuck them if they haven't figured out how to build a team around those players, Mcdavid should pull a Lindros on them.

To put in in context, the Kings have never had the #1 overall pick in their entire 47 year existence.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Normally I would agree Buffalo got hosed, but either way they will have a strong team in a few years. They already have good young talent, have stockpiled many draft picks, and will still get their hands on Jack Eichel.

Having said that, I didn't like that they traded BOTH their goalies down the stretch, and IMO attempted not to win by fielding a weak lineup whenever possible. Bad for the game, and perhaps them not winning the first pick will deter others from doing the same in the future.
pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by pieceofme »

WOLF wrote:Kinda glad the Oilers won the draft lottery. The Sabres and Yotes were obviously tanking; I didn't want to see McDavid go to a market where people don't really pay to see hockey games, and I feared it would all be rigged in the Leafs' favor to try and restore that broken franchise to glory.

Got to be kidding me.

Oilers winning was the worst possible outcome. Well maybe the Leafs.

If McDavid had gone to Arizona, more people would have been showing up to hockey games. Which would have been better for the NHL overall. Also, Buffalo does have a very good fanbase so don't know what you're wittering on about that.

And yeah Arizona and Buffalo tanked. So what. Not like the Oilers haven't before.

Seriously, 4 1st overall picks in 6 years is absurd.

And fucking MacT will walk down and make the selection all smug like he's some kind of genius. While the fact is they have been horribly managed and seriously lucked out. Fuck that team. I wouldn't be surprised if they won the lottery next year. And :lol: at thinking management will smarten up.

The only thing good about this outcome is that it will stop the conspiracy theories that the lottery is rigged. Edmonton would have been the last choice.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....