The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Alabama Slammer
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by Alabama Slammer »

I think he's either out of the league, or so completely toxic that Snyder will not be able to hire a coach, in three or less.
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

I could totally see that happening as well. I got spoiled in the 80s and early 90s and now I'm to the point that I'll cling to any shred of hope.
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Alabama Slammer wrote:
Machado wrote:You are fully aware that RG who is a clown but since Levi is your boy you won't man up and actually type those words here.
. What we were discussing was the choice of signing Michael Sam or Greg Hardy to your team. Which one would you rather have on the Cowboys roster Machado?
oh yeah, i forgot to answer this question for you earlier. my apologies. just a simple oversight on my part.
i would rather have Sam on the team. forced to choose between the two, i would prefer Sam. he does not have any history of domestic violence. so there you go. very anticlimactic but you asked the question.
Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Crazy Levi »

Hardy can't work well with others and beats women, and Sam is too small.

I'll go with neither.
Redman77
Beer & Titty King

Post by Redman77 »

Machado wrote: You act as if I am giving the kid some praise. WRONG! Just sharing how ignorant RG who has become.
Yeah, RG3 is the ignorant one.
saracapri wrote: It's true. I'm wild for buttsex.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Redman77 wrote:
Machado wrote: You act as if I am giving the kid some praise. WRONG! Just sharing how ignorant RG who has become.
In terms of NFL qb's, oh yeah, the guy is a dunce cap wearing civilian.

He can't even drop back from the center position properly. His own coaches said that to the media. Do you think they made that story up?
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Machado wrote:RG3 RG3 RG3 RG3 RG3RG3 RG3 RG3 RG3 RG3RG3 RG3 RG3 RG3 RG3RG3 RG3 RG3 RG3 RG3RG3 RG3 RG3 RG3 RG3RG3 RG3 RG3 RG3 RG3RG3 RG3 RG3 RG3 RG3RG3 RG3 RG3 RG3 RG3RG3 RG3 RG3 RG3 RG3RG3 RG3 RG3 RG3 RG3RG3 RG3 RG3 RG3 RG3RG3 RG3 RG3 RG3 RG3RG3 RG3 RG3 RG3 RG3RG3 RG3 RG3 RG3 RG3RG3 RG3 RG3 RG3 RG3RG3 RG3 RG3 RG3 RG3RG3 RG3 RG3 RG3 RG3RG3 RG3 RG3 RG3 RG3RG3 RG3 RG3 RG3 RG3RG3 RG3 RG3 RG3 RG3
Yeah, what else is new.
Bludegeon
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Bludegeon »

Machado wrote:
Redman77 wrote:
In terms of NFL qb's, oh yeah, the guy is a dunce cap wearing civilian.

He can't even drop back from the center position properly. His own coaches said that to the media. Do you think they made that story up?

I guess I am retarded or just misinformed.

You make it seem like you are upset that he can't. Like he is on the team you like and it is pissing you off..

Me, being a Cowboys fan, love the fact that he has struggled.. I hope he continues to suck.
HeavyMetalZombie666
Angry Wyoming Rain Man

Post by HeavyMetalZombie666 »

Rex Ryan is going to ruin the Buffalo Bills like he ruined the Jets.
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Rex Ryan is going to ruin the Buffalo Bills like he ruined the Jets.
How did Rex ruin the Jets? He got them to two straight AFC title games. They were crap before him. The GM ruined the Jets.
HeavyMetalZombie666
Angry Wyoming Rain Man

Post by HeavyMetalZombie666 »

He is not coaching material. His strengths are being a defense coordinator.
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:He is not coaching material. His strengths are being a defense coordinator.
I guess I will respectfully disagree. He won with little talent and then Tannenbaum and Idzik after him did him no favors.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Gritt wrote:
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:He is not coaching material. His strengths are being a defense coordinator.
I guess I will respectfully disagree. He won with little talent and then Tannenbaum and Idzik after him did him no favors.

You imbecile. What did Rex Ryan win? Do you know his career record? Allow me to look that up for you:

7 years as a head coach
50-52 career record
Games over .500: -4
Super Bowl Wins: 0
Overall Championships: 0
Conference Championships: 0
Division Championships: 0

Ryan is a loser. If you want to be slightly below average, hire Rex Ryan to be your head coach.
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

He got two subpar teams to the AFC title game. He had zero help from the franchise when it comes to getting good players on the field.

I'm not saying he will have the success of the next two guys I'm going to mention but I know of two coaches currently in the league that were at or below .500 with their previous teams and they got shit-canned. Slight change of scenery and all of a sudden they're geniuses. Their names: Bill Belichick and Pete Carroll.

Let's give him a season or two in buffalo and then we will judge him.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Gritt wrote:He got two subpar teams to the AFC title game. He had zero help from the franchise when it comes to getting good players on the field.

I'm not saying he will have the success of the next two guys I'm going to mention but I know of two coaches currently in the league that were at or below .500 with their previous teams and they got shit-canned. Slight change of scenery and all of a sudden they're geniuses. Their names: Bill Belichick and Pete Carroll.

Let's give him a season or two in buffalo and then we will judge him.
No. I will judge him now as a loser who failed every single season as the Jets head coach. Some guys are better at being #2. Ryan falls into that category based on his track record in the NFL.
Did Ryan have zero help from the franchise or did the franchise basically pick bad players? I have to think that Ryan must have had an opinion on who to draft and could have steered the team to a player or two while he was coaching the Jets.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Wow matardo, you are a harsh judge.

I don't consider the jets seasons where they went to the afc championship game to be failures, but you are entitled to your opinion.

Since the cowboys haven't BEEN to a championship game since 1995, I guess you'd consider EVERY season since then (including last season) to be failures, right?

If not, you'd just be an idiot considering what you just said.

I'd love to know what you think of garret, who had won far less as cowboys coach than Ryan won with the jets.
Last edited by Crazy Levi on Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Crazy Levi wrote:Wow matardo, you are a harsh judge.

I don't consider the jets seasons where they went to the afc championship game to be failures, but you are entitled to your opinion.

Since the cowboys haven't BEEN to a championship game since 1995, I guess you'd consider EVERY season since then (including last season) to be failures, right?

True. Last year was a failure because Dallas did not win the SB. That is the goal. Unless you are Rex Ryan, the goal he has is to be average at best.
Anyway, Dallas improved greatly last year and surprised most of the experts. Dallas was picked to do piss poor and they ended up winning the division.
My expectations are high this year and rightfully so.
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

So unless a coach wins the super bowl every year then he's an abject failure, right Matardo? So Marv Levy who is in the hall of fame is a failure? Sound logic you have there.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Gritt wrote:So unless a coach wins the super bowl every year then he's an abject failure, right Matardo? So Marv Levy who is in the hall of fame is a failure? Sound logic you have there.
Either you take everything here very literal or you are just not very smart
Which is it?

Marv Levy can enjoy his HOF bust in Canton, but he never won the SB. Something has to be said for getting to play in the SB 4 times and losing each game. Am I right or am I wrong?
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

You're the one talking out of both sides of your mouth. Something can be said for making back to back conference title games. There are very few coaches that can even claim that. If you'd like I can post them all and once again use facts to make you look retarded or you can take my word for it because I've forgotten more about football than you would know in five lifetimes.
Bludegeon
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Bludegeon »

Machado wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote:Wow matardo, you are a harsh judge.

True. Last year was a failure because Dallas did not win the SB. That is the goal. Unless you are Rex Ryan, the goal he has is to be average at best.
Anyway, Dallas improved greatly last year and surprised most of the experts. Dallas was picked to do piss poor and they ended up winning the division.
My expectations are high this year and rightfully so.

No, you're just high..

In what department did Dallas make ANY improvements?

I'll wait.. lol..

They may win the East because the East could be shit. But, after that, Same old Cowboys with Romo getting all the fuckin blame.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Plaxico Burress is the first person in the state of New Jersey to be charged under a new law that makes issuing a bad electronic funds transfer a criminal offense

In a news release from the Mercer County prosecutor's office, authorities said Burress filed his state income tax return for 2013 on Oct. 20, 2014, showing he owed nearly $48,000, the amount that would be due for someone with a taxable income of about $550,000.

The 37-year-old former wide receiver with the Pittsburgh Steelers, New York Giants and New York Jets was charged last week with willful failure to pay a state tax and issuing a bad check or electronic funds transfer.
DaveB
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by DaveB »

Machado wrote:What did Rex Ryan win? Do you know his career record? Allow me to look that up for you:

7 years as a head coach
50-52 career record
Games over .500: -4
Super Bowl Wins: 0
Overall Championships: 0
Conference Championships: 0
Division Championships: 0

Ryan is a loser. If you want to be slightly below average, hire Rex Ryan to be your head coach.
Have to agree with this one. When the Jets let him go everyone was talking about where he could end up and why Team X should take him. All the while I'm thinking, "Why would anyone want him?"
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

DaveB wrote: Have to agree with this one. When the Jets let him go everyone was talking about where he could end up and why Team X should take him. All the while I'm thinking, "Why would anyone want him?"
He turned the Jets into winners overnight (you try going to two straight AFC championship games with Mark fucking Sanchez), and the Jets were hopeless before he got there. He's a players' coach - they love him. He brings an excitement with him and will sell some tickets (Buffalo keeps threatening to move to Canada).

Nobody is saying he's a hall of fame coach but he's certainly done enough to earn another shot as a head coach.

If it doesn't work out this time, yeah he's a DC again, at least for a while. But I don't get the confusion. There were several teams interested in his services.
DaveB
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by DaveB »

Crazy Levi wrote:
He turned the Jets into winners overnight (you try going to two straight AFC championship games with Mark fucking Sanchez), and the Jets were hopeless before he got there. He's a players' coach - they love him. He brings an excitement with him and will sell some tickets (Buffalo keeps threatening to move to Canada).

Nobody is saying he's a hall of fame coach but he's certainly done enough to earn another shot as a head coach.

If it doesn't work out this time, yeah he's a DC again, at least for a while. But I don't get the confusion. There were several teams interested in his services.
"Winners overnight?" Seriously? He went 9-7 in his first season there. His only season above .500 was his second one when he went 11-5. His only two playoff appearances there were his first two seasons and he never won the division. How can you say he was an overnight success?

And I've heard that whole, "players coach" thing tossed about a lot. Big fucking deal! The players like him but he still doesn't win games.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Why are you trying to get me to defend Rex Ryan? I'm not a fucking Jets fan.

I've already said it - he took a team that was a disaster and a joke and took them to two straight AFC finals. That impressed me. The last couple of years haven't been great but ownership is a disaster and refused to spend money - they sat on tens of millions of cap space last season.

You think Ryan blows? Hey good for you, you are entitled to your opinion. But stop saying "how can you say?!" when I've already said it.

how many times do I have to do that? To answer your next three posts:

- he took a team that was a disaster and a joke and took them to two straight AFC finals. That impressed me.

- he took a team that was a disaster and a joke and took them to two straight AFC finals. That impressed me.

Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Crazy Levi wrote:Why are you trying to get me to defend Rex Ryan? I'm not a fucking Jets fan.

I've already said it - he took a team that was a disaster and a joke and took them to two straight AFC finals. That impressed me. The last couple of years haven't been great but ownership is a disaster and refused to spend money - they sat on tens of millions of cap space last season.

You think Ryan blows? Hey good for you, you are entitled to your opinion. But stop saying "how can you say?!" when I've already said it.

Typical Skins fan. Getting excited about a losing coach "but the players like him a lot". Maybe that's his problem. His career record says is all. He's a loser who never won a meaningful game.
Don't get me started on his tattoos now.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

Crazy Levi wrote:Why are you trying to get me to defend Rex Ryan? I'm not a fucking Jets fan.

What?
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Going to be a lot of fun to watch this kid fail in the NFL. Will he ever grow up? All he does is lie to anybody and everybody that questions his maturity level? Tampa, you picked the right person to lead your franchise into a few seasons of awful football and a lot of losing.
DaveB
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by DaveB »

^^^
That was a REALLY stupid move. Dude needs to move on from his past failures. Instead, what does he do? Posts a picture with him and some crab legs. Dumbass!