The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Alabama Slammer
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by Alabama Slammer »

Holy shit, I actually agree with Machado about something.

Winston won't be Jamarcus Russell bad, but I strongly suspect his career arc will mirror that of Vince Young. He'll be broke and out of the league before his rookie contract is up.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Alabama Slammer wrote:Holy shit, I actually agree with Machado about something.

Winston won't be Jamarcus Russell bad, but I strongly suspect his career arc will mirror that of Vince Young. He'll be broke and out of the league before his rookie contract is up.
I agree. Jamarcus set the bar so low that it's almost impossible to stink up the field as much as he did.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

49ers EPIC FAIL with alternate uniform

#1-Why black? The Raiders wear black. And they have for decades. Competing with the Raiders color is ridiculous.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

Machado wrote:Image

#1-Why black? The Raiders wear black. And they have for decades. Competing with the Raiders color is ridiculous.

They should get Metallica to do a commercial for the black uniforms-

http://m.mlb.com/sf/video/v95150283/che ... 2/?c_id=sf
DaveB
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by DaveB »

So any Titans fans here?

The Eagles apparently offered them two first round pics, a third-round pick, defensive tackle Fletcher Cox, linebacker Mychal Kendricks, cornerback Brandon Boykin and “more” for their second overall pic. They chose to stick with it and select Mariota.

That seems like a bad move.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

DaveB wrote:So any Titans fans here?

The Eagles apparently offered them two first round pics, a third-round pick, defensive tackle Fletcher Cox, linebacker Mychal Kendricks, cornerback Brandon Boykin and “more” for their second overall pic. They chose to stick with it and select Mariota.

If the reports are 100% accurate, yes the Titans made a terrible move. Just wondering how accurate the reporting is.
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Post by killeverything »

yeahbuddy wrote:

They should get Metallica to do a commercial for the black uniforms-

http://m.mlb.com/sf/video/v95150283/che ... 2/?c_id=sf
Those new Giants uniforms are pretty kickass. The new 49ers one suck though, as pointed out earlier that's Raiders' territory.

Speaking of which how did SF do in the draft? They had a front office meltdown and are on the verge of becoming a laughingstock.
VincentVanWinger
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by VincentVanWinger »

The 49er uniforms might be ok if the helmet was black and red.

I predict both Qb's will suck. Tampa needs like 9 players to be average..they should have taken Philly for all it would give up.
The Titans should have taken Cooper and given Mettenberger a fighting shot while taking Petty in round 3 or 4 as a developmental guy.
WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

DaveB wrote:So any Titans fans here?

Kelly denies any players were included in the offers which probably translates to the entire roster as part of the package.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
Heenan Snuka

Post by Heenan Snuka »

went to the NFL draft and got to take several pics of Melissa Stark's sexy tight ass
Stoner wrote:
...we stopped at a restaurant to eat and I was wearing a Sludge shirt. Someone came up and asked me if I read the messageboard - I touched cloth for a split second and then said the shirt was my husband's and just looked at them retardedly.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

VincentVanWinger wrote:The 49er uniforms might be ok if the helmet was black and red.

I predict both Qb's will suck. Tampa needs like 9 players to be average..they should have taken Philly for all it would give up.
The Titans should have taken Cooper and given Mettenberger a fighting shot while taking Petty in round 3 or 4 as a developmental guy.
They look like our semi and arena leagues. Especially since they're a stone throw from Oakland and the clashing red.......FAIL.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

Heenan Snuka wrote:went to the NFL draft and got to take several pics of Melissa Stark's sexy tight ass
Share them.
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
Heenan Snuka

Post by Heenan Snuka »

Gritt wrote:
Heenan Snuka wrote:went to the NFL draft and got to take several pics of Melissa Stark's sexy tight ass
Share them.

Stoner wrote:
...we stopped at a restaurant to eat and I was wearing a Sludge shirt. Someone came up and asked me if I read the messageboard - I touched cloth for a split second and then said the shirt was my husband's and just looked at them retardedly.
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

I give you props for being the creep taking pics of her ass. Bravo.
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Heenan probably didn't have any weed to get close to Dallas's 2nd round pick Randy Gregory.
Gregory fails his test at the combined in front of the world and added that to all the ones he failed at Nebraska. I wonder how many counselors and babysitters they have on campus.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

On Thursday news broke that the Dallas Cowboys signed La’el Collins, a former LSU lineman who was not taken in last week’s NFL draft due to a murder investigation of his pregnant former girlfriend. It’s a horrifying story to read, and one that understandably made NFL teams nervous.

What is this the longest yard?
A woman beater
A murderer
And a pot smoke who failed on Camp day and many times in college.

Go Dallas. :lol:
Bludegeon
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Bludegeon »

If it works, it works...lol
Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Crazy Levi »

Yeah, quite a social experiment the Cowboys are putting together there.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Crazy Levi wrote:Yeah, quite a social experiment the Cowboys are putting together there.

It's so they can call in their plays with gang signals. Just is involved in a double murder trial doesn't mean he don't deserve a second chance!

Dallas - Pot smoker Randy Gregory exits practice due to heat exhaustion.

"I think I haven't moved since I got here, as far as this seat here. I'm real tired," he told NFL Media's Desmond Purnell between workouts. "The humidity kind of caught up with me. I'm a little out of shape. ... Hopefully practice will be a little bit better."
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Bludegeon wrote:If it works, it works...lol
You never know but their D looks more like a police line up. They picked up some really good players with no brains, major mental issues along with drug and anger problems. Even still, they should easily take the east.....Even with that overwhelming unstoppable FIRST PLACE SCHEDULE.
Wasn't it a couple years ago Cowboys defensive tackle Josh Brent killed teammate Jerry Brown in a car crash, only to have the team bring him back to play for them.

Does the Cowboys have a work release program?
MickeyG
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by MickeyG »

Going to be a lot of fun to watch this kid fail in the NFL. Will he ever grow up? All he does is lie to anybody and everybody that questions his maturity level? Tampa, you picked the right person to lead your franchise into a few seasons of awful football and a lot of losing.
Do any of these black kids come from the hood any more?
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

MickeyG wrote:Do any of these black kids come from the hood any more?
I'm guessing their agent fronts them money as soon as they sign on the dotted line.
Bludegeon
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Bludegeon »

UtahRatt wrote:
Bludegeon wrote:If it works, it works...lol
You never know but their D looks more like a police line up. They picked up some really good players with no brains, major mental issues along with drug and anger problems. Even still, they should easily take the east.....Even with that overwhelming unstoppable FIRST PLACE SCHEDULE.
Wasn't it a couple years ago Cowboys defensive tackle Josh Brent killed teammate Jerry Brown in a car crash, only to have the team bring him back to play for them.

Does the Cowboys have a work release program?

I don't mind the anger part, lol. The Drugs.. Depends on what? Weed? Come on now.. lol..

I DON'T LIKE the dude already being tired and shit. Dude should be in shape, ready to go.

Yeah, Josh Brent. He played little last season.. Retired this past week or weekend..

Kids do dumb shit everyday.. They should be smarter about. But, hell, you said they drafted players with not much brains so, We will see what happens.
Alabama Slammer
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Alabama Slammer »

UtahRatt wrote:
MickeyG wrote:Do any of these black kids come from the hood any more?
I'm guessing their agent fronts them money as soon as they sign on the dotted line.
In Winston's case, he comes from a better than average family in Bessemer, AL, just south of Birmingham. His family is in good financial shape, and he is not a dumb kid. I mean, he got excepted to Stanford before choosing to sign with FSU. He has all the intelligence and all the physical skills to be a long time hot shot QB in the league, but he'll never make it. He's going to do something so mind numbingly stupid at some point that he'll be run out of the league.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

They just announced Brady got four games.
Son_of_Sam_I_Am
I'm an angry, angry boy!

Post by Son_of_Sam_I_Am »

I wish I could be excited about this and that it somehow vindicated Seattle's loss in the Superbowl, but nooooo...that's still firmly on the shoulders of an inexplicable and inexcusable play call.

Sigh.
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Post by killeverything »

Son_of_Sam_I_Am wrote:I wish I could be excited about this and that it somehow vindicated Seattle's loss in the Superbowl, but nooooo...that's still firmly on the shoulders of an inexplicable and inexcusable play call.

Sigh.
You know that Lynch was 1 for 5 at the line last season right?
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Son_of_Sam_I_Am wrote:I wish I could be excited about this and that it somehow vindicated Seattle's loss in the Superbowl, but nooooo...that's still firmly on the shoulders of an inexplicable and inexcusable play call.

Sigh.
:lol: Can't argue with you there. It should also be stated that this didn't have anything to do with the fuckin Colts getting beat in the playoffs either. Perhaps the best thing that can happen out of all this will be that this just hurries up the exit for Goodell, that's bound to happen. That guy has fucked up too many things since he's been put in charge.

And as for the post above this one c'mon man you watched the same game as everybody else that was a fucked up play call and you know Lynch would of either scored or go down but not turn the fucking football over get real.

I can't believe you're making me stick up for the Seahawks I wanted them to lose.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Since there's two threads I might as well go on a rant....YA!
UtahRatt wrote:
MickeyG wrote:Quite a stiff penalty, wasn't expecting that.
So you can punch the air out of your wife but not a football.

The penalty blew me away. Draft picks, money, suspension....Roger Goodell will go down in history as the worst commissioner ever.

Integrity.....Ray Rice, Hardy, Vick, Adam Jones, Adrian Peterson and the endless list of violence and drug abuse? Clearly Goodell has a problem with Kraft. Brady not producing evidence is a right if that's his stance and Goodell laying down a sentence just because he BELIEVES is wrong. I believe Goodell knew about the Ray Rice video so he should pay for that.

Every team bends the rules from talking to players early to watering down the field. I've helped coaches scout teams in Pop Warner leagues, we scouted every team in every city, tri-state and national league I was in. From the time I was a kid you did what you could to get an edge, without absolutely making it unfair.

Steroids vs a deflated football? It's Ridiculous. Punishment don't fit the crime.

No one helped the investigation during the steroid scandal in Baseball and Baseball didn't and couldn't do a thing. Not cooperating is a right, but to take draft picks and suspend him because you believe?

Pretty insane. And I don't like the Pat's.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

UtahRatt wrote:Again, I'm not a Pat's fan at all......

Clips from Yahoo sports.
"The NFL made a circus out of deflate-gate, and it made sure in the end it got the reaction it wanted from the general public.

The NFL did not care much about football tampering, until it fit its agenda.
Last season, the Carolina Panthers and Minnesota Vikings were caught, on a cold day, using sideline heaters to warm up footballs. That's against the rules.
In 2012 the San Diego Chargers used towels with an adhesive substance on their game balls and didn't give them up to the NFL immediately when ordered to do so. The Chargers' punishment? A $20,000 fine.

The NFL using an easily digestible phrase that people can parrot but doesn't hold up if you have read the report. In fact, the line "the Patriots provided substantial cooperation throughout the investigation" appears in Wells' report. Page 23, if you're interested.
The Patriots did cooperate. They turned over text message records of employees, security tapes, secured interviews with dozens of their employees. "The failure to cooperate" is the NFL's pandering at its worst.
Brady met with investigators, answered all their questions, but refused to provide text messages and emails. That's it. That's the extent of "failure to cooperate."
---------------------------------------------
The bases of draft picks, a million dollars, 4 games suspension all on not handing your phone over"
Fuck off, I wouldn't let them have my phone and personal shit either, they got all the texts and phones from the staff already, piss off, hand over Ray's tape.

There's no evidence of Brady's wrongdoing, read the entire Well's report their is zero evidence "not Wells' opinion, but evidence" There's no evidence Brady didn't anything wrong, no video of him dragging a woman in an elevator or balls in a room. NO Evidence = Major Punishment?

A semi quote.........
If you're going to permanently damage the reputation of one of the greatest players in NFL history, I want more than someone saying "WE think he did it!" I would like to see some evidence. Facts. Not conjecture or an opinion. Evidence. There simply is none.

The biggest thing of all, the crime is less then a parking ticket.