NFL INVESTIGATING PATRIOTS FOR POSSIBLY USING DEFLATED BALLS

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: NFL INVESTIGATING PATRIOTS FOR POSSIBLY USING DEFLATED B

Post by UtahRatt »

NeverSurrender wrote:
Machado wrote:Is there a more arrogant organization in the NFL or pro sports?
Time for them to suffer the consequences of their actions. Too bad
Roger Goodell, the man in charge of the NFL, has lost all control
of his league.

Roger Goodell is going to get rid of concussions or something.

NFL
"We want to keep the violence off the field and at home where it belongs."
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
NeverSurrender
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by NeverSurrender »

Adam Schefter reports punishment could be coming for Brady..
An investigation into the so-called Deflategate scandal concluded it is more likely than not that New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady "was at least generally aware of the inappropriate activities" by two team employees that resulted in balls being deflated in January's AFC Championship Game.

The report, released Wednesday by attorney Ted Wells, found "it is more probable than not that Jim McNally and John Jastremski participated in a deliberate plan to circumvent the rules by releasing air from Patriots game balls," but found no wrongdoing by Patriots ownership, coach Bill Belichick and his assistants, or equipment manager Dave Schoenfeld.

Patriots owner Robert Kraft issued an immediate response, saying the organization is disappointed by the report, which lacked "any incontrovertible or hard evidence of deliberate deflation of footballs" after a more than three-month investigation.
more.....

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nf ... 037e9a8696

BOB KRAFT'S BULLSHIT STATEMENT.....

Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Nobody fucking cares.

This is a stupid story and the Pats are the champs.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Crazy Levi wrote:Nobody fucking cares.

It's been the number 1 thing trending on twitter since it was released, so somebody cares. Don't let the truth stand in your way this time, it never has before.

Please go start another thread about Iron Maiden not being metal.
MickeyG
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by MickeyG »

Cheatriots strike again!
Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Facedown »

"More likely than not" and "at least generally aware" really drive the point of an 100+ day investigation and a 243 page report home.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
Luminiferous

Post by Luminiferous »

Rumor has it that Brady's going to suffer some severe punishments..

Ref will only be allowed to throw 4 roughing the quarterback flags per game for him, players will be allowed to get a foot closer to his shins when trying to sack him and he'll only be given two tantrum chances per game..
DaveB
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by DaveB »

Brady was "generally aware" of these activities like he's generally aware he's married to a Brazilian supermodel.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

NeverSurrender wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote:Nobody fucking cares.

It's been the number 1 thing trending on twitter since it was released, so somebody cares. Don't let the truth stand in your way this time, it never has before.
Trendy in Indianapolis and the North West.......Big fucking deal. It's the off season and the NFL doesn't want to talk about all the major issues like Wife Beating, Steroids, CTE and Drug use they pick the most trivial fucking stupid thing to talk about.
All this trending twitter shit is being pumped up by the NFL, media, haters and people with small brains who don't know shit about football. Not to mention anyone who reads twitter is a 12 year old girl.

The NFL sure swept under the rug everything from the blown call that pushed the Bolt's in the playoffs by loading one side of the line two seasons ago, don't hear Steeler fans bitching. Don't hear a lot of shit about Roger Goodell or the Ravens hiding the Ray Rice video and dropping the ball afterwords or letting people like Hardy and Peterson still play.
Anyone who makes a big deal over this is a hater who can't control their fanaticism and don't know the game.

I watched a video with a bitch reporter who said it effects the integrity of the game.......I'm sure Ray Rice, The NFL and The Ravens agree. Integrity? Bitch please, start at head fucking office. More worried about a couple PSI over abusing your kids then showing up in court saying "ummm I just smoked a little weed"
Just like another recent interview where several formers players stated, this is totally common whether or not Brady knew. How many present and former NFL players have said they don't give a fuck and did it themselves. And that's just the ones who'd come forward while the other 75% wouldn't tarnish or bring attention to themselves.

I'm not a New England fan but if you think this is a big deal you're an idiot. END OF STORY.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

NFL Players Who Beat Their Wives Get Lighter Suspensions Than Those Who Smoke Weed.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Dallas Cowgirls - I'd be more concerned with 2nd round pick Randy Gregory who failed a drug test at the fucking combine of all places only to go with his list of failed tests at Nebraska and needs a babysitter in the NFL...I mean, Handler. He'll fit right in with Hardy on the line. Not to mention...

On Thursday news broke that the Dallas Cowboys signed La’el Collins, a former LSU lineman who was not taken in last week’s NFL draft due to a murder investigation of his pregnant former girlfriend. It’s a horrifying story to read, and one that understandably made NFL teams nervous.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could you imagine failing a drug test during the interview at your new job? Oh ya, we'll hire you! Integrity of the game.....The bar is set pretty low.

But no, were up in arms over a couple psi in a football. Brady did throw for 328y and 4TD's against the number one defense with mostly average WR except Gronk. Got to be the balls.
Last edited by UtahRatt on Fri May 08, 2015 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aquanetsuperhold
Headlining Clubs

Post by Aquanetsuperhold »

http://yourteamcheats.com/ check out this site

It would be one thing if he played better wit the deflated ball- but he actually was better without them
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Aquanetsuperhold wrote:http://yourteamcheats.com/ check out this site

It would be one thing if he played better wit the deflated ball- but he actually was better without them
Great site for a kick.
Every team has always cheated and pushes the rules while every players tries to gain an advantage. Now there's a difference between pumping roids and roughing up balls...Which every kick and QB does.

And this comes as a surprise to the clueless. Brady cheats! But their too fanatical too look at the shit their team does.

It's all over money, it's ruined the game and just imagine when they start paying pampered college players.
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

He's being ripped by a lot of his peers, not looking good for him, and what you said is why it sucks and is such a head scratcher, We all know he's a HOF and at least tied with the greatest QB ever, so why fuck around when you don't have to? Jimmie Johnson doesn't need to bend the rules to be good, but he does it anyway time and time again, A-Rod, Bonds, Clemens, all HOFers before juicing, I just don't get it. I get why guys melky Cabrera and dion Jordan did it, they aint shit in the grand scheme of things.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

dtmfs wrote:

He's being ripped by a lot of his peers, not looking good for him, and what you said is why it sucks and is such a head scratcher, We all know he's a HOF and at least tied with the greatest QB ever, so why fuck around when you don't have to? Jimmie Johnson doesn't need to bend the rules to be good, but he does it anyway time and time again, A-Rod, Bonds, Clemens, all HOFers before juicing, I just don't get it. I get why guys melky Cabrera and dion Jordan did it, they aint shit in the grand scheme of things.
I'm telling you, most if not all QB in every league roughs up their game balls. Rodgers said he over inflates his. Lots of QB's have stuck up for Brady. Look how every time a Kicker grabs a K ball, they're pounding them into the ground, squishing them in his hands....Anything to soften them up

Steroids and deflation is like DWI vs Parking ticket.
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

UtahRatt wrote:
dtmfs wrote: He's being ripped by a lot of his peers, not looking good for him, and what you said is why it sucks and is such a head scratcher, We all know he's a HOF and at least tied with the greatest QB ever, so why fuck around when you don't have to? Jimmie Johnson doesn't need to bend the rules to be good, but he does it anyway time and time again, A-Rod, Bonds, Clemens, all HOFers before juicing, I just don't get it. I get why guys melky Cabrera and dion Jordan did it, they aint shit in the grand scheme of things.
I'm telling you, most if not all QB in every league roughs up their game balls. Rodgers said he over inflates his. Lots of QB's have stuck up for Brady. Look how every time a Kicker grabs a K ball, they're pounding them into the ground, squishing them in his hands....Anything to soften them up

Steroids and deflation is like DWI vs Parking ticket.
I understand they're different I was just going by that site where PED's were listed for every team, it's a wie rd deal kurt warner, aikman jeff Saturday and others are condemning him, others are kind of sticking up for him. We all know every team cheats to a certain degree and they have to deal with the punishments when they get caught.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

dtmfs wrote: I understand they're different I was just going by that site where PED's were listed for every team, it's a wie rd deal kurt warner, aikman jeff Saturday and others are condemning him,.
Warner (mostly) and Aikman played before the QBs got to babysit their own balls.

It's a different game now.

And Saturday should STFU his butt buddy Manning is the reason this rule was made in the first place allowing QBs to do whatever they want to their balls.

Goddamn I'm sick of how sanctimonious sports fans get about "cheating."

Some "cheating," like fucking with balls is ok as EVERYBODY DOES IT. In baseball it's the same shit - pitchers scuffing balls has been seen as "cute" for 100 years. So has stealing signs. SOME "cheating" is ok and expected, and some is a total affront to the game. Make up your fucking minds water heads.
DaveB
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by DaveB »

UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Crazy Levi wrote:
dtmfs wrote: I understand they're different I was just going by that site where PED's were listed for every team, it's a wie rd deal kurt warner, aikman jeff Saturday and others are condemning him,.
Warner (mostly) and Aikman played before the QBs got to babysit their own balls.

It's a different game now.

Warner and Aikman were on a produced show with an agenda from the NFL/FOX network "I forget where I seen it".....And laughed.
I watched it, if you want the truth read interviews not programs that are made to create an argument. Those guys couldn't say a bad word about the NFL let alone tell the truth about the inflation of the ball. It's a set program, with picked good and bad guys.

The total truth are with the QB's current playing today who don't dare come forward or the ones in the past who wont get involved in the joke. Fact is most if not all do it. They always have....Always!
Christ teams wrap them with wet towels and put then in microwaves.
MickeyG
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by MickeyG »

Quite a stiff penalty, wasn't expecting that.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Last edited by UtahRatt on Tue May 12, 2015 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

MickeyG wrote:Quite a stiff penalty, wasn't expecting that.
So you can punch the air out of your wife but not a football.

The penalty blew me away. Draft picks, money, suspension....Roger Goodell will go down in history as the worst commissioner ever.

Integrity.....Ray Rice, Hardy, Vick, Adam Jones, Adrian Peterson and the endless list of violence and drug abuse? Clearly Goodell has a problem with Kraft. Brady not producing evidence is a right if that's his stance and Goodell laying down a sentence just because he BELIEVES is wrong. I believe Goodell knew about the Ray Rice video so he should pay for that.

Every team bends the rules from talking to players early to watering down the field. I've helped coaches scout teams in Pop Warner leagues, we scouted every team in every city, tri-state and national league I was in. From the time I was a kid you did what you could to get an edge, without absolutely making it unfair.

Steroids vs a deflated football? It's Ridiculous. Punishment don't fit the crime.

No one helped the investigation during the steroid scandal in Baseball and Baseball didn't and couldn't do a thing. Not cooperating is a right, but to take draft picks and suspend him because you believe?

Pretty insane. And I don't like the Pat's.
Last edited by UtahRatt on Tue May 12, 2015 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Again, I'm not a Pat's fan at all......

Clips from Yahoo sports.
"The NFL made a circus out of deflate-gate, and it made sure in the end it got the reaction it wanted from the general public.

The NFL did not care much about football tampering, until it fit its agenda.
Last season, the Carolina Panthers and Minnesota Vikings were caught, on a cold day, using sideline heaters to warm up footballs. That's against the rules.
In 2012 the San Diego Chargers used towels with an adhesive substance on their game balls and didn't give them up to the NFL immediately when ordered to do so. The Chargers' punishment? A $20,000 fine.

The NFL using an easily digestible phrase that people can parrot but doesn't hold up if you have read the report. In fact, the line "the Patriots provided substantial cooperation throughout the investigation" appears in Wells' report. Page 23, if you're interested.
The Patriots did cooperate. They turned over text message records of employees, security tapes, secured interviews with dozens of their employees. "The failure to cooperate" is the NFL's pandering at its worst.
Brady met with investigators, answered all their questions, but refused to provide text messages and emails. That's it. That's the extent of "failure to cooperate."
---------------------------------------------
The bases of draft picks, a million dollars, 4 games suspension all on not handing your phone over"
Fuck off, I wouldn't let them have my phone and personal shit either, they got all the texts and phones from the staff already, piss off, hand over Ray's tape.

There's no evidence of Brady's wrongdoing, read the entire Well's report their is zero evidence "not Wells' opinion, but evidence" There's no evidence Brady didn't anything wrong, no video of him dragging a woman in an elevator or balls in a room. NO Evidence = Major Punishment?

A semi quote.........
If you're going to permanently damage the reputation of one of the greatest players in NFL history, I want more than someone saying "WE think he did it!" I would like to see some evidence. Facts. Not conjecture or an opinion. Evidence. There simply is none.

The biggest thing of all, the crime is less then a parking ticket.
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Interesting points I heard yesterday before the announcement,
The NFL always considered this type of offense as a "misdemeanor" as evidenced by the 25K starting point for the fine.
Since this was a sting set up by the NFL, what are stings set up for?
Minor things such as prostitution or drug deals. Has a sting ever been set up for a murder? Of course not.

They got punished for murder.
I wonder if Goodell would dare show up at the opening game? :lol:
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

it is great nfl used Brady for all he is worth, now near the end they tear him down
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

LAglamrocker wrote:it is great nfl used Brady for all he is worth, now near the end they tear him down
Remember how they treated Farve with his constant retirements. He couldn't give the game up so the NFL, media and fans tore him up for it.
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

Facedown wrote:
Brady got a 4 game suspension, aka the same thing any player gets for a PED positive, and the team lost a million bucks and a couple of draft picks. It isn't exactly the death penalty. The Saints got the murder rap.
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

bane wrote:
Facedown wrote:
Brady got a 4 game suspension, aka the same thing any player gets for a PED positive, and the team lost a million bucks and a couple of draft picks. It isn't exactly the death penalty. The Saints got the murder rap.
Curious what the penalty would have been if the Patriots had been found 100% guilty. 10 first round picks? 100,000,000 fine?
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

Facedown wrote:
bane wrote:
Facedown wrote:
Curious what the penalty would have been if the Patriots had been found 100% guilty. 10 first round picks? 100,000,000 fine?
Goodell has never needed proof of guilt to levy punishment. How many guys have been suspended for "conduct detrimental" who's cases have been dropped with no charges? I'm not arguing that I agree with the penalty. I think it's too much personally, but equating it with a murder punishment is a little much. My guess is that Goodell gave him the harshest punishment he thought he could get away with knowing that he was going to reduce it when Brady appeals it.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Kraft things he runs the league. Kraft things he is bulletproof. If only his peers would toss him out
on his ass and lock the door. Will not be surprised if something dramatic happens during the
Owner meeting this week in the SF Bay Area.

Kraft is smart to accept the punishment handed down by Goodell. No reason to sue the NFL. I do not mind that Kraft is sticking up for his star QB. But please DO NOT tell me that Brady had no idea the balls were being deflated. No chance Brady is not aware of the PSI for a NFL football.

Pats were already busted for the Spygate scandal years ago. Here we have a second offense and IMO, the team got off very easy.
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

Machado wrote:Kraft things he runs the league. Kraft things he is bulletproof.
Gee, ya thing? :roll:
What a spaz.

"If someone on this committee then starts talking about somebody's bleach blond, bad-built butch body, that would not be engaging in personalities, correct?"