Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by killeverything »

johnk5150 wrote:John Danks may be in trouble.

http://my.chicagotribune.com/#section/- ... -83658391/
Can we get a Synopsis of what's going on? It won't let me read more than a paragraph of the article without signing up for the Chicago Tribune.

Josh Donaldson and Todd Frazier earn AL & NL Players Of The Week.

Milwaukie activates C Jonathan Lucroy off DL.

Jose Fernandez explosive in extended ST striking out 7 of 10 batters.

Minnesota ( yes, the Twins ) have the best record in the AL 30-19 ( KC is only .5 behind, but still it's the Twins ).
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

The Pupil defeated The King last night. Pineda went 6 innings & only gave up 2 runs. King Felix was knocked around and gave up 7 runs, including a grand slam to Tex in the 5th. Not often when you see King Felix fail to pitch through the 5th, let alone give up 7 runs in a single appearance.
Pineda is now 7-2. King Felix falls to 8-2

Cano is hitting .246 & only 2 home runs to date after last night. :shock:
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:The Pupil defeated The King last night. Pineda went 6 innings & only gave up 2 runs. King Felix was knocked around and gave up 7 runs, including a grand slam to Tex in the 5th. Not often when you see King Felix fail to pitch through the 5th, let alone give up 7 runs in a single appearance.
Pineda is now 7-2. King Felix falls to 8-2

Cano is hitting .246 & only 2 home runs to date after last night. :shock:
I the King rolled his ankle his second to last start. I think he should have skipped a start personally, but he fights missing a one. Cano I wouldn't worry about. He's just hitting it right at the defense, he's still making contact. When Cano heats up I still think Seattle runs away with the West.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Sabbathia @ Montgomery is about to start. I follow the Ms pretty closely, but I'm not too familiar with Montgomery. Fuck you, Seattle. If you don't rock the fatboy I'm gonna talk about you so bad.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:Sabbathia @ Montgomery is about to start. I follow the Ms pretty closely, but I'm not too familiar with Montgomery. Fuck you, Seattle. If you don't rock the fatboy I'm gonna talk about you so bad.
What an exciting game last night. After 2 pitcher in the top of the 9th, I just knew that Rodney did not have his A game and was going to at least give up 1 run.
Why would he throw an inside fastball to Drew? The guy is the worst hitter in the league. Terrible pitch.

Fast forward to the 11th and that lefty you have grooves a 2-0 pitch. Finally G. Jones is swinging the bat.

In the bottom of the 11th N. Cruz had me terrified. I was imagining he was going yard for a walk off. Great 2 strike pitch, under his hands for the K.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Any thoughts on the Rookie of the Year?
There looks to be a good crop. I'm not totally up to date but have noticed a few for obvious reasons.

In the National League.....
The Dodgers rook's have been carrying the team.
Joc Pederson - leads ROY votes and is 6th on MYP
Alex Guerrero - 4th ROY

Joc has Homered in his last 4 games, one in each double header game yesterday, 3rd on the MLB leader board with 16HR's and close to the top several ROY categories.

Down by 3 Alex Guerrero's Grandslam with two outs in the 9th last night gave LA the win and puts him in 2nd for ROY HR's even with his limited playing time. 38 games, 25RBI's, 10HR, .649SLG

--------------------------------
USA TODAY

NL ROOKIE OF THE YEAR (based on a 5, 3, 1 scale)

1. Joc Pederson, Dodgers - 45
2. Anthony DeSclafani, Reds - 25
2. Kris Bryant, Cubs - 6
4. Alex Guerrero, Dodgers - 3

AL ROOKIE OF THE YEAR

1. Devon Travis, Blue Jays - 45
2. Mark Canha, A's - 22
3. Steven Souza Jr., Rays - 8
4. Carson Smith, Mariners - 5

We was talking about a pitching era, with the young guys like Bryce Harper and the new crop of hitters coming up hopefully it's the changing of the guards.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Facedown »

Red Sox acquire OF Alejandro De Aza from Baltimore for cash and a minor league P.
Good thing they need an outfielder......here's an idea: trade a few of the 20 or so you already have instead of signing more.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:
killeverything wrote:Sabbathia @ Montgomery is about to start. I follow the Ms pretty closely, but I'm not too familiar with Montgomery. Fuck you, Seattle. If you don't rock the fatboy I'm gonna talk about you so bad.
What an exciting game last night. After 2 pitcher in the top of the 9th, I just knew that Rodney did not have his A game and was going to at least give up 1 run.
Why would he throw an inside fastball to Drew? The guy is the worst hitter in the league. Terrible pitch.

Fast forward to the 11th and that lefty you have grooves a 2-0 pitch. Finally G. Jones is swinging the bat.

In the bottom of the 11th N. Cruz had me terrified. I was imagining he was going yard for a walk off. Great 2 strike pitch, under his hands for the K.
I didn't get to watch it unfortunately, but Rodney has been giving a run per save this year.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Mark Trumbo traded to Seattle in a 6 player deal.

Trumbo and LHP Vidal Nuno for C Wellington Castillo, P Dominic Leone and two prospects.

:lol:

Old habits die hard.

Josh Hamilton out 3-4 weeks with hamstring strain.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote:Mark Trumbo traded to Seattle in a 6 player deal.

Trumbo and LHP Vidal Nuno for C Wellington Castillo, P Dominic Leone and two prospects.
It's your team.....

Is this a sign of desperation?
Seattle has been spending and giving up farm to beef up their bats only to watch their numbers go backwards? Now they sign Dan Ugla....I mean Mark Trumbo.

I guess they'll hit a lot of solo HR's but I don't know what to make of this deal other then it looks like they gave up a good prospect for a Trumbo and he is just going to clog the OF.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Joc Pederson tied a modern-era club record by homering for a fifth consecutive game in the eighth inning to give the Dodgers a 6-4 lead over the Rockies. Just so LAD could give up 3 in the 9th! A bases loaded walk, a past ball and a sac fly FTW. Rockies 7 Dodgers 6

Tanaka 7in 3H 1ER 9SO = NY 5 Seattle 1

Cubs' Junior Lake taunts Marlins on home run trot; benches clear...Marlins 7 Cubs 3
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

UtahRatt wrote:

Cubs' Junior Lake taunts Marlins on home run trot; benches clear...Marlins 7 Cubs 3
Saw the footage this morning. Lake is going to get injured or put one of his teammates in danger with those antics.
Typical Cub. Gloating over a HR when the team is down by while his team was down 6-0. IGNORANT!
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

UtahRatt wrote:
killeverything wrote:Mark Trumbo traded to Seattle in a 6 player deal.

It's your team.....

Is this a sign of desperation?
Seattle has been spending and giving up farm to beef up their bats only to watch their numbers go backwards? Now they sign Dan Ugla....I mean Mark Trumbo.

I guess they'll hit a lot of solo HR's but I don't know what to make of this deal other then it looks like they gave up a good prospect for a Trumbo and he is just going to clog the OF.
That's exactly what it is. Zduriencik has to be feeling pressure from the owners. Montero's a bust, Justin Smoak was a bust, Ackley hasn't lived up to expectations. The team needs something.

Machado wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:

Saw the footage this morning. Lake is going to get injured or put one of his teammates in danger with those antics.
Typical Cub. Gloating over a HR when the team is down by while his team was down 6-0. IGNORANT!
That would be like taking a curtain call after EVERY homerun.

Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:

Kill-You are just looking for a reason to antagonize me. Comparing the Cubs play to a curtain call. C'mon, not even close. Please try again.
I hope the next time this Cubs player goes up to hit that he is drilled in the ribs for his behavior. I read Joe Maddon undressed him in the clubhouse after the play. The Cubs are losers!
MurrayFiend
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by MurrayFiend »

A Clemente biopic is in the works. Cool.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:
killeverything wrote:

Kill-You are just looking for a reason to antagonize me. Comparing the Cubs play to a curtain call. C'mon, not even close. Please try again.
I hope the next time this Cubs player goes up to hit that he is drilled in the ribs for his behavior. I read Joe Maddon undressed him in the clubhouse after the play. The Cubs are losers!
Oh, I'm not trying to antagonize you. You say some incredibly stupid shit. I'm just calling out.

Speaking of which Asteriskrod just passed Barry Balco on the alltime RBI leaders list. It's funny how aside from NY douchebags, no one cares.

I think that over time all of these "records" will be erased. Aaron. Ruth. Mays.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote:That's exactly what it is. Zduriencik has to be feeling pressure from the owners. Montero's a bust, Justin Smoak was a bust, Ackley hasn't lived up to expectations. The team needs something.
It seems like a trade that doesn't fix any of their problems.
Picking up another Strike Out bat at 6.9million "possibly 10m next year?" for a career .250 bat while giving up prospects. All while being 9.5 games out and 4TH place in June? The M's already hit HR's not to mention Trumbo's been injury plagued.
I was thinking/hoping management would stick to their guns and at some point Seattle would go on a streak, Houston would come back down to earth and then the race would be closer. Either way at this point, I don't see Seattle doing much and will be looking for a new GM next year.

Guess I expected more as did most, I think the system is failing them.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Bartolo Colon reaches immortality and gets his 3rd in three consecutive games, his 4H are twice what he had last year. I can't believe he has a hit tracker, website and this is a big thing. Pretty funny I guess.

Phelps 3.2IP 11H 9ER 2HR ---Ah, lets just leave him in and see how he responds.
Rockies 10 Marlins 5

Seattle - That one pitcher held Tampa to 1R 2H 6SO in 7IP
Seattle 2 Tampa 1

Dodgers- That one pitcher held the Cardnals to 1H and 11SO in 8IP
Dodgers 2 Card's 0
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

UtahRatt wrote:
killeverything wrote:That's exactly what it is. Zduriencik has to be feeling pressure from the owners. Montero's a bust, Justin Smoak was a bust, Ackley hasn't lived up to expectations. The team needs something.
It seems like a trade that doesn't fix any of their problems.
Picking up another Strike Out bat at 6.9million "possibly 10m next year?" for a career .250 bat while giving up prospects. All while being 9.5 games out and 4TH place in June? The M's already hit HR's not to mention Trumbo's been injury plagued.
I was thinking/hoping management would stick to their guns and at some point Seattle would go on a streak, Houston would come back down to earth and then the race would be closer. Either way at this point, I don't see Seattle doing much and will be looking for a new GM next year.

Guess I expected more as did most, I think the system is failing them.
I'm not sure what the hell is going on with the M's. I still think they can turn it around though they have too much talent not too.

SF is in the midst of their usual June swoon, but has shown flashes of domination this season. I think that when Cain returns ( if it's actually "Matt Cain" that they get back ) is when they'll go on another run. I've thought Brandon Belt was the next Will Clark for a while and this season is his make or break for me. So far so good.

St. Louis is still rocking mlb's best record. What I like about this season though is everyone is beatable. Didn't Washington just lose like 7 of 10?

I've also enjoyed watching the Cubs rise. Say what you will about their history we're in for some epic Cardinals/Cubs battles. Chicago is young and talented with a mngr. that thrives in that environment.

MLB draft is tonight. I only looked at SF's suspected picks. They're speculating they're drafting pitching. Kyle Crick ( AA Fresno ) is the only prospect that looks promising as a #2 or 3. Although Heston was thought of as the same way and while he's been up and down his rookie season he looks like a #2 to an ace the majority of the time.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Speaking of Chris Heston, he just no-hit the Mets. 11K.

Second SF rookie to accomplish the feat. Christy Mathewson in 1901.

As I said before Heston is unpredictable. He's either batting practice or King Felix. There is no inbetween.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/playe ... melogs::14
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote:Speaking of Chris Heston, he just no-hit the Mets. 11K.

As I said before Heston is unpredictable. He's either batting practice or King Felix. There is no inbetween.

As soon as I seen it I actually raced here to beat you to the punch. Figures you being a San Fran Cheesy fan and Sworn enemy you won and posted.

Beautiful game, a 27yo rookie could be fluky but it counts! Like you said he's inconsistent. His stats of getting shelled or good game leaves him with a 3.77ERA and a few wins on those 5ER and 6ER games but he's put out some promising outings for sure. Looking at his minor years they're the same, shelled and good years.

While reading about him I noticed the average age for MVP and CY winners is 27. I don't think being a rookie plays much of a roll but maybe getting out of the minors could be a boost to straighten him out in the Majors. I'm curious on his next start.

At least he took it to the Met's.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

UtahRatt wrote:
killeverything wrote:Speaking of Chris Heston, he just no-hit the Mets. 11K.

As soon as I seen it I actually raced here to beat you to the punch. Figures you being a San Fran Cheesy fan and Sworn enemy you won and posted.

Beautiful game, a 27yo rookie could be fluky but it counts! Like you said he's inconsistent. His stats of getting shelled or good game leaves him with a 3.77ERA and a few wins on those 5ER and 6ER games but he's put out some promising outings for sure. Looking at his minor years they're the same, shelled and good years.

While reading about him I noticed the average age for MVP and CY winners is 27. I don't think being a rookie plays much of a roll but maybe getting out of the minors could be a boost to straighten him out in the Majors. I'm curious on his next start.

At least he took it to the Met's.
:lol: I was having a beer with some buds and my phone started blowing up with alerts. Mlb.tv app broadcast the 9th inning, so anyone could watch it.

Heston has been a pleasant surprise and he has the talent, I think though he has the typical/current Giants mold, where a lot of his success is in large part Bochy/Righetti/team-camaraderie. At 27 I see him possibly being a serviceable #2 or 3 in that environment. NL ROY is Pederson's as far as I'm concerned.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

MFY place Andrew Miller on DL with forearm strain. Dellin Betances moved to closer. I thought that NY would wear out that awesome bullpen. Next to Tanaka ( who is a treat to watch ) and sometimes Pineda ( fuck you, Jack Zduriencik ) their pitching sucks.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Reds SS Zach Cosart out 9 months with biceps tear.

Ryan Zimmerman on 15 day DL with plantar facis...something ( I can't spell it ) in foot.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Hunter Pence on 15 day DL.

Torii Hunter suspended 2 games/fined for outburst.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Blue Jays are on a 10 game win streak.

Seattle recalls Danny Farquarer from AAA Tacoma. DFA Ricky Weeks.
MurrayFiend
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by MurrayFiend »

killeverything wrote:Blue Jays are on a 10 game win streak.
They do this shit every year, the fuckers.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Chris Heston ( first career no-hitter ) and Gincarlo Stanton named NL co-players of the week.

Manny Machado named AL player of the week.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

DOWN2WHISKEY wrote:Padres fired Bud Black.

Dave Roberts hired as interim manager

Pads made a ton of moves in the off-season. Just goes to show that even the most expensive players do not actually fit.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:
DOWN2WHISKEY wrote:Padres fired Bud Black.

Dave Roberts hired as interim manager

Pads made a ton of moves in the off-season. Just goes to show that even the most expensive players do not actually fit.
It's coming out now they wanted to replace him in the offseason too. One of the guys they're looking at is Dusty Baker. Woo boy.

Dave Roberts will forever be remember for "The Steal" in 2004. I don't know about his managing ability though.

Speaking of SD, Wil Myers returns to the DL with wrist sprain. He looks like he's living up to the hype, but so far has strugged with health.

The AL All Star team ( with Ned Yost as manager ) features 8 KC starters. I read a funny statement about how Bruce Bochy is the NL manager, it's against the Royals and he's just going to send up Bumgarner...again. :lol: