The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

sliquor
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Re: The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

Post by sliquor »

Scrap the Caddy Clyde:
https://youtu.be/KH4HGliqZdQ
sliquor

Post by sliquor »

Vince's rules for announcers leaked:
http://imgur.com/a/NW1WG#0oBwgrb
That-guy
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by That-guy »

sliquor wrote:Vince's rules for announcers leaked:
http://imgur.com/a/NW1WG#0oBwgrb
I got about half way through that and realized why I hate the WWE announcers style. How the hell do they work under all of that direction? "Don't say this, don't say that"...
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

So, I'm going to be in Memphis the same day as Raw is in September - tix go on sale next week.

My question is, what are the best areas to watch from live? Just as close to the ring as I can get down on the floor, or is it better to be elevated? Price is no issue.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

demolition23 wrote:So, I'm going to be in Memphis the same day as Raw is in September - tix go on sale next week.

My question is, what are the best areas to watch from live? Just as close to the ring as I can get down on the floor, or is it better to be elevated? Price is no issue.
depends on how much you want to see. get in close and you'll catch an angle where you see something you don't usually see on tv. but you can get a better perspective on how hard these guys work.
i saw jeff jerret (whom i was never a fan of) live and totally chainged my mind on how good he really was.
another thing you'll get from ringside is seeing how big some of them are. i was blown away at the size of albert and kurt angle.
KevinFL
Lugging equipment around in parent's car

Post by KevinFL »

Alberto Del Rio missing?

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/201 ... ell-being/

After Alberto El Patron no-showed an autism charity event for LoneStar Championship Wrestling in Houston, Texas on Sunday, organization head Chris Ronquillo issued a statement this afternoon expressing concern for the former WWE Superstar's well-being. He says El Patron "seems to have disappeared."

Here is the statement in its entirety:

STATEMENT FROM LONE STAR CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING
Almost 24 hours later, we still have not heard from the camp of Alberto El Patron. Mr. El Patron was booked through our co-promotion partner Clutch City Productions to headline the Bustin 4 Autism charity pro wrestling event in Pasadena, TX last night.

Mr. El Patron would not know who we are directly, since his camp's dealings were with our promotional partner. Like the charity and fans who purchased tickets, we are affected. A lot of time, money and effort was put in to this event. Those who know us, understand that we strive to put on quality events. We are a company that our fans can trust. Mr. El Patron's unexcused and unexplained "no show" unfairly taints that reputation. Though we were not directly involved in the negotiation and booking with El Patron's camp, there is no doubt that the Bustin 4 Autism team were more than fair and gracious in the process.

At this point, our thoughts are initially with Mr. El Patron's well being. He seems to have disappeared. Once the dust settles, we are confident that Mr. El Patron will do the right thing and return the deposit he was paid, along with premium travel funds lost by the charity. We might also suggest that Mr. El Patron take it a step further, and make an additional donation to the charity.

We would like to thank the fans and sponsors who stepped up to support this event for the Bustin 4 Autism 501c group. We would also like to recognize our co-promotional partner, Clutch City Productions, who put forth an incredible effort to promote and help organize this event. We look forward to working with them and the Bustin 4 Autism folks in the future.

In closing, we also thank the wrestlers who stepped up to make this a memorable event, as well as the many staff members and volunteers who contributed in some manner.

Chris Ronquillo
aka Tony Brooklyn
Lone Star Championship Wrestling
www.lonestarwrestling.com
That-guy
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by That-guy »

Hmm...hope he's ok. Why did WWE let him go? Dude had talent and was entertaining enough.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

disrespected guys in the dressing room.
he was starting to live his gimmick.
sliquor

Post by sliquor »

Joe DeFranco ‏@DeFrancosGym Jul 13

The #Undertaker finishes 2days wkout w/ a "gun show". Lookin forward to seeing his progress on our program. @CamJosse
https://twitter.com/CamJosse
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

Kid-Wicked wrote:
demolition23 wrote:So, I'm going to be in Memphis the same day as Raw is in September - tix go on sale next week.

depends on how much you want to see. get in close and you'll catch an angle where you see something you don't usually see on tv. but you can get a better perspective on how hard these guys work.
i saw jeff jerret (whom i was never a fan of) live and totally chainged my mind on how good he really was.
another thing you'll get from ringside is seeing how big some of them are. i was blown away at the size of albert and kurt angle.
How easy is it to get close to ringside? Tickets go on sale Saturday, but i see there's a Friday presage - any word how to get the code for that? They'll never do Raw in NZ so I have to do this right if I'm gonna do it!
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
That-guy
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by That-guy »

Kid-Wicked wrote:disrespected guys in the dressing room.
Well that explains that.
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

you want firsr 5 row ringside to see everything good, get center floor on any side, dont get floor ringside for anyother sections, back of floor is a bad seat

arena seats are best, get either section middle of arena, one section left or right is also good

wwe has VIP seating now, you might want to look at that option, think its first few rows ringside and backstage things, worth it if you want to do it right
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
ParaDime77
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by ParaDime77 »

Not true.

An employee from WWE made a sort of racial comment about Del Rio "serving him" like he was some sort of Mexican servant. He took obvious offense and bitch slapped the employee, and therefore was terminated from the company.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

ParaDime77 wrote:
Not true.

An employee from WWE made a sort of racial comment about Del Rio "serving him" like he was some sort of Mexican servant. He took obvious offense and bitch slapped the employee, and therefore was terminated from the company.
there was more to it then that but you just confirmed what i was saying.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

demolition23 wrote:
Kid-Wicked wrote:

How easy is it to get close to ringside? Tickets go on sale Saturday, but i see there's a Friday presage - any word how to get the code for that? They'll never do Raw in NZ so I have to do this right if I'm gonna do it!
download the live nation app. get the presale password for the city it's in. maybe try the wwe website for vip tix
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

Well, I got a ticket. A relatively shitty ticket a fair way from the action, but still...
sliquor

Post by sliquor »

Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

demolition23 wrote:Well, I got a ticket. A relatively shitty ticket a fair way from the action, but still...
why? what happened?
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

wwe is best sport/entertainment when it feels real. Brock and Undertaker was insane it felt real.

If this Rollins being champ and Cena destroying mid card talent was a way to build to a Cena win at Summeralam, I will stop watching main event segments. Wyatt Family back is a great move makes Wyatt a true badass
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
silent_eyes
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by silent_eyes »

LAglamrocker wrote:Wyatt Family back is a great move makes Wyatt a true badass
Just read a quote from Brian Alvarez and he said "There's going to a new Wyatt Family member, you're going to wish Eric Rowan was back."

That's got me curious as to who it's gonna be. I wanna say it's gonna be Bo Dallas, but that just seems too easy.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

silent_eyes wrote:
LAglamrocker wrote:Wyatt Family back is a great move makes Wyatt a true badass
Just read a quote from Brian Alvarez and he said "There's going to a new Wyatt Family member, you're going to wish Eric Rowan was back."

That's got me curious as to who it's gonna be. I wanna say it's gonna be Bo Dallas, but that just seems too easy.
samoa joe
Leppardmania
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Leppardmania »

Love him or hate him.....this is something I posted in the lounge thread concerning Hogan:

I was a loyal Hulk Hogan fan for years as a kid, but as I grew up and I started to see the cracks in this man (admitted steroid use in the 90s) and more recently-- his admitted drug use/highly publicized divorce/habitual liar/sex tape scandal, and now this.

Unlike his wrestling persona, he obviously wasn't the All-American hero in his real life.

That being said, I will always be thankful to the man for the time he went out of his way to spend a few minutes with my wheelchair bound son in Chicago after a Smackdown show back in '03.

A security guard at the Allstate Arena saw me and my son standing by where the wrestlers leave the arena after the show was over....He asked my son who his favorite wrestler was, and he said Hulk Hogan.....To our surprise, the security guard went backstage and told Hogan about my son, and Hogan invited us to come backstage to meet him.

He was kind enough to talk with my son, take pictures, sign autographs, and even told my son that he loved him before we left.....it truly was a memory of a lifetime.

RambOWNED!!!
That-guy
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by That-guy »

DOWN2WHISKEY wrote:Good riddance Dope Hogan!

FINALLY! Maybe the WWE are sick of this asshat & will quit shoving his phoney ass down our throats 24/7/365, brother!

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... audio.html

Updated at 9:38am CST with statement from WWE confirming they cut ties with the phoney asshole!!!

Hulk! Dixie Carter is on line #1!
:-P

http://teamstre.am/1GKb5Xy
In that first link, there's a clip of Vince McMahon calling John Cena the n-word. If Hogan has to go for using that word, Vince should too. It's about time he handed the reigns to HHH anyway. I really don't see why they would delete his name from the list of hall of famers. It's not like he pulled a Chris Benoit move. It's not ok what he did, but come on. Fire him, don't erase him.
paule5150
Opening for Slaughter

Post by paule5150 »

Leppardmania wrote:Love him or hate him.....this is something I posted in the lounge thread concerning Hogan:

I was a loyal Hulk Hogan fan for years as a kid, but as I grew up and I started to see the cracks in this man (admitted steroid use in the 90s) and more recently-- his admitted drug use/highly publicized divorce/habitual liar/sex tape scandal, and now this.

Unlike his wrestling persona, he obviously wasn't the All-American hero in his real life.

That being said, I will always be thankful to the man for the time he went out of his way to spend a few minutes with my wheelchair bound son in Chicago after a Smackdown show back in '03.

A security guard at the Allstate Arena saw me and my son standing by where the wrestlers leave the arena after the show was over....He asked my son who his favorite wrestler was, and he said Hulk Hogan.....To our surprise, the security guard went backstage and told Hogan about my son, and Hogan invited us to come backstage to meet him.

He was kind enough to talk with my son, take pictures, sign autographs, and even told my son that he loved him before we left.....it truly was a memory of a lifetime.
"With Hulkster, I don't agree with all his choices, you know what, I don't hear people saying all the great things he does. When he was on the Wheaties' Box, all those kids that said their prayers and took their vitamins. I don't hear them saying that. They just want to nail this."
Roddy Piper interview today.

The rest of the interview is pretty strange
http://www.prowrestling.net/article.php ... tive-43289
ParaDime77
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by ParaDime77 »

I bet Jeff Jarrett's Global Force Wrestling will scarf up Hogan in a heartbeat.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

hogan will be back.

wearing a mask
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

Kid-Wicked wrote:
demolition23 wrote:Well, I got a ticket. A relatively shitty ticket a fair way from the action, but still...
why? what happened?
Well, i looked up a couple of already on sale Raws and saw they had the VIP tickets as an option on ticket master (they're also on sale for some dates, via a party provider Artist Arena) and was ready to pull the trigger to get front row seats.

However, when I logged into the preseale (3am local time) they had okay seats, but nothing near ringside, and nothing like the VIP packages mentioned on the website, so I figured maybe that would go on sale when sales opened to the general public. However the next day, it was just the same deal, but with worse seats available. Ended up with seats up the top of the bottom level of the arena.

Looking at it since, I can't see any way to buy VIP experience type packages for that Memphis date - it seems a bit random which events they're offered for. Still, great to have a ticket nonetheless. It wasn't very pricey so might keep an eye out if anything better crops up.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

is it raw? or even a smackdown taping?
that might be why they don't have meet and greets. tv days are long and a pain in the ass.
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

Kid-Wicked wrote:is it raw? or even a smackdown taping?
that might be why they don't have meet and greets. tv days are long and a pain in the ass.
It's Raw, but they have various packages on sale for other Raws. Whatever the case, a mate just told me he has access to a corporate box at Fed Ex forum, so I might just go that route.
FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

Ring of honor should hire Hogan and move to monday nights.
Luke 16:10 "and he that is unjust in the least, is unjust also in much"