ESPY's honoring Bruce Jenner tonight?

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Bassmaster1984
Headlining a Theater Tour

ESPY's honoring Bruce Jenner tonight?

Post by Bassmaster1984 »

Why? For being a cross dresser ? Fuck ESPN
"You just pick a chord, go twang, and you've got music." Sid Vicious
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: ESPY's honoring Bruce Jenner tonight?

Post by LAglamrocker »

Girls are biggest things in sports now from soccer,ufc, tennis..goodtime to cash in on moment for ESPN

Lebron James will dress like a girl now just to take attention away from Golden State Warriors
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
Rainbow Bright
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Rainbow Bright »

Both the ESPY's and ESPN are a joke, but there's a difference between a cross-dresser and a Trans woman.
Cooperkill
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Cooperkill »

I saw a clip of that monstrosity on the news. Its dressed like a woman, but its voice couldn't be deeper. Fuck ESPN for jumping on the bandwagon.
"I was born with a chip on my shoulder on a stormy night."
Leppardmania
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Leppardmania »

I couldn't even get up enough nerve to watch it.....simply disgusting.

RambOWNED!!!
Rainbow Bright

Post by Rainbow Bright »

The Transphobia is strong in this thread.
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

That was fantastic! The story,speech, his mom!, athletes sitting and learning something was good to see. He changed a lot of people minds with the speech, Good for her!
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

Woah, I don't give a fuck about anyone Kardashian related no matter what they do, and ESPN are kinda cashing in here, but still, some of you folk seem actively frightened and angry about this.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

LAglamrocker wrote:That was fantastic! The story,speech, his mom!, athletes sitting and learning something was good to see. He changed a lot of people minds with the speech, Good for her!
do you carried away much? ESPN should be removed from the cable channel lineup for pretending to care about Jenner or his family. and the Kardashian family once again was successfully able to use a network for their gain. RIDICULOUS!
did the presentation mention anything about the car accident Jenner was involved in? a person was killed and guess what, it was not Jenner. just an innocent person who was driving on a highway.
i will take a wild guess and say nothing was mentioned of that huh?
FUCKING JOKE
Cooperkill
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Cooperkill »

Rainbow Bright wrote:The Transphobia is strong in this thread.
It's not Transphobia, it's Transnausea. The world is acting like BRUCE is the first dude to ever mentally become a woman. He's not. Alexis Arquette became one years ago. Larry Wachowski (Matrix director) became one years ago. Did either of them end up with half as much attention? Nope. Because they're not associated with the Kardashians. This is a story for dipshit housewives who still buy the National Enquirer. Normally I avoid things I don't care about, but his story is inescapable and, quite frankly, not that special.
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

It's not special, ESPN is taking advantage of something, yes
But hate or not the message to a big audience is important,
DEATH ROW JOE
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

Cooperkill wrote: It's not Transphobia, it's Transnausea. The world is acting like BRUCE is the first dude to ever mentally become a woman. He's not. Alexis Arquette became one years ago. Larry Wachowski (Matrix director) became one years ago. Did either of them end up with half as much attention? Nope. Because they're not associated with the Kardashians.
LMFAO, hope for your sake you're doing a parody of an imbecile. Bruce Jenner is an Olympics sports hero in the sport that epitomizes the Olympics.

Cooperkill
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Cooperkill »

DEATH ROW JOE wrote:
Cooperkill wrote: It's not Transphobia, it's Transnausea. The world is acting like BRUCE is the first dude to ever mentally become a woman. He's not. Alexis Arquette became one years ago. Larry Wachowski (Matrix director) became one years ago. Did either of them end up with half as much attention? Nope. Because they're not associated with the Kardashians.
LMFAO, hope for your sake you're doing a parody of an imbecile. Bruce Jenner is an Olympics sports hero in the sport that epitomizes the Olympics.

So? That was forty years ago. Would ESPN be honoring him now if he didn't recently become a tabloid queen? No.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

I'm not sure what you want here cooperkill...

Do you want ESPN to be honoring more LGTB athletes, or fewer?

Should they seek out athletes who transitioned many years earlier?

Should it be Renee Richards - a true pioneer - who is being honored, rather than this Jenny come lately?

Regardless of what your exact problems with the award are, what is your big picture concern? Are you afraid that ESPN is undermining the vast credibility, legacy, and importance of an ESPY award with this event?
Cooperkill
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Cooperkill »

I don't want anything out of this. I'm just voicing my frustration in yet another American news story that's impossible to avoid. Basically, Jenner isn't doing anything new. He's tabloid fodder because of who he's associated with. ESPN, which hasn't mentioned his name in any show I've watched in the past dozen years, all of a sudden honor him. You can almost hear ESPN and every news outlet patting themselves on the back for covering this story. If he's helping people in some way, good for him, but Holy Christ is this shit overhyped.

(By the way, I feel the same way about celebrity marriages, diva baby bumps, and the horse that was somehow going to change the world by winning three races in a row.)
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Cooperkill wrote:I don't want anything out of this. I'm just voicing my frustration in yet another American news story that's impossible to avoid. Basically, Jenner isn't doing anything new. He's tabloid fodder because of who he's associated with. ESPN, which hasn't mentioned his name in any show I've watched in the past dozen years, all of a sudden honor him. You can almost hear ESPN and every news outlet patting themselves on the back for covering this story. If he's helping people in some way, good for him, but Holy Christ is this shit overhyped.

(By the way, I feel the same way about celebrity marriages, diva baby bumps, and the horse that was somehow going to change the world by winning three races in a row.)

You have Alice Cooper's signature tattooed on your forearm, and sleep with a Jason doll.

Lots of people would think this shit is stupid, a brainless celebration of substance-lacking pop culture. But I doubt anybody is getting all fired up about it.

I keep hearing about this Catlyn Jenner Culture Assault and I'm not feeling it. It's pretty easy to avoid or disregard this shit. Not watching garbage like "The Espys" is a good start.
Cooperkill
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Cooperkill »

I didn't watch the ESPYs. I saw the clip on the news. For the record, they didn't mention any other awards.
Rainbow Bright

Post by Rainbow Bright »

That UFC chick made the news when she got an ESPY. And rightfully so.

For the record, the only time that shitshow of an awards show has ever been cool was when they hired Norm MacDonald.
DaveB
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by DaveB »

Don't know if this story is legit or not although it wouldn't surprise me at all if it were true.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... rview.html

***REVEALED: Caitlyn Jenner's reps 'demanded ESPYs award in exchange for PR plugs and Diane Sawyer interview'.

***Caitlyn Jenner's representatives asked ESPN that she be the recipient of the Arthur Ashe Courage Award at the ESPYs.

***They offered PR plugs on Jenner's upcoming reality show 'I am Cait'
ESPN executives loved the idea.

***Talks hit a stumbling block and Jenner's team threatened to pull out of the 20/20 interview with Diane Sawyer on ABC.

***ESPN and ABC are both owned by Disney.

***The problems were resolved and ABC landed one of the biggest stories of the year.

By OLIVER O'CONNELL FOR MAILONLINE
PUBLISHED: 22:03 EST, 15 July 2015 | UPDATED: 07:18 EST, 16 July 2015

Representatives of Caitlyn Jenner reportedly negotiated her ESPYs award in exchange for PR plugs in her upcoming TV series and threatened to pull out of her 20/20 interview.
Reports have emerged that Jenner’s team approached ESPN with the idea that she win the Arthur Ashe Courage Award just as details were being finalized for her 20/20 interview with Diane Sawyer on ABC.
ABC and ESPN are both owned by Disney, and ABC aired Wednesday's awards ceremony.

‘It was a brilliant move because the executives at ESPN loved the idea, and immediately began making sure it got done,’ a source familiar with the negotiations told RadarOnline.

The talks hit a stumbling block, and Jenner’s agents were reportedly prepared to pull out of the interview with Sawyer.

‘It was ironed out, and ABC owns one of the biggest stories of the year.’
The build up to Jenner accepting the award will be featured in her upcoming reality show, “I am Cait”, generating a great deal of publicity for both ESPN and the awards.

However, there is some dispute as to the timeline of the negotiations.
The Sawyer interview took place in April, and ESPYs producer Maura Mandt has told Sports Illustrated that the final decision was not reached until May after consultation with the Ashe Foundation.

ESPN has come under fire on social media for choosing Jenner for the prestigious award, with some claiming there are more worthy recipients.
One name that surfaced was the late Lauren Hill, the former Division III women's college basketball player. She raised $1.5 million for cancer research before succumbing to the disease.

Hill will be honored at Wednesday’s ceremony, and her family have said that they had nothing to do with the criticism of ESPN selecting Jenner.

demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

Machado wrote: do you carried away much? ESPN should be removed from the cable channel lineup
:lol: dolt.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Rainbow Bright wrote:Both the ESPY's and ESPN are a joke, but there's a difference between a cross-dresser and a Trans woman.

RBO, from your perspective are you offended that Jenner is receiving this courage award when countless others blazed the trail before her without any recognition? Is all this praise really justified or earned? Is it enough that she's bringing a positive light to the issue?
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

I don't get the whole "If you don't like Bruce Jenner You're transphobic!!!" Dude is an attention whore and has been for sometime, never thought I'd see the day when people would be skeptical of others who dare doubt a member of the Kardashian clans motives. You CAN think coming out as transgendered is brave and still think a person is full of shit and just looking for a quick buck. I think plenty of people are brave just not this douche Would anyone actually be shocked if this was nothing but a publicity stunt?
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

I more offended by the Kardashian's then his gender. I've never like Jenner, this changes nothing other then I can say I don't like the bitch. If it helps the gender movement then go for it. I'd rather support someone else.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

UtahRatt wrote:I more offended by the Kardashian's then his gender. I've never like Jenner, this changes nothing other then I can say I don't like the bitch. If it helps the gender movement then go for it. I'd rather support someone else.
exactly, most people I've talked with don't like jenner because of the Kardashian connection and the whole perception of lets strike while the irons hot when it comes to his transformation, it's an obvious cash grab, and yeah the Espy's may be shitty but they've honored much braver people, and tossed a much fitting person aside(lauren hill) for the sake of ratings, if jenner wasn't getting an award and openly shopping for designer gowns and size 18 heels while the media drooled over it do you think the show moves to ABC for the first time ever and gets promoted like never before with jenner as the center piece.....right before the "Caitlyn" show was to start? no fucking way. not liking that shit doesn't make one transphobic, in most cases it's people saying this shit is getting old fast.