Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

johnk5150
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by johnk5150 »

Cubs?
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

demolition23 wrote:The cycle is such a silly thing to put on a pedestal. I mean, it's a nifty novelty, and any time you get four hits in a game is awesome, but it has no real meaning. The cycle gets more attention than two HRs and two doubles would. The other day the base coach was dissuading a guy from heading to third so he could get his double for the cycle. Ridiculous.
I disagree, it's rare, hard to achieve and just cool. Like other rare feat's some more cool then others, no hitters, triple plays, unassisted triple plays to whatever. I watched Neifi Perez hit for the cycle and Nomo toss a no hitter the first one in Coors field....Both were just cool to watch and be there. Games I wont forget.

I can't explain why I find the cycle that awesome but it's more then note worthy, maybe because it takes power, speed, patience and contact to get one. Or that they're simply rare and hard or lucky to do. Like you was saying about the base coach trying to hold the runner up for his cycle............Out of school I was in local adult league I hit 1HR 1 triple 2 doubles and a BB in a game. My last hit was a stand up double but half way to first I slowed up and wanted to stop. Still remember the base coach saying GO GO GO! But since it was a double, even a great game it don't mean much to me other then I was that close to getting a cycle. To this day I'd taken a blooper. I don't know if the BB would have meant or added anything but anyway......I think they're just a rare feat that's cool.

Especially hit in a natural cycle. It's like lightning striking or a royal flush. Rare feats.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Boston 22
Seattle 10

The King - 2.1IP 12H 10R 10ER 1BB 2SO 3HR! :shock:
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Cubs
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Post by killeverything »

johnk5150 wrote:Cubs
I knew they were on a streak but not 9 in a row. As I mentioned earlier in the Cubs thread "they're just starting to find their swagger." Maddon is so good with younger players, signing him was going to be THE reason for their turnaround. I also still believe we are setting up to witness some brutal Cubs/Cards matchups for the next few seasons.

With Luchhino out in Boston and Theo's job in Chitown, we've learned whom the "brains" really was.

Speaking of brains and lack thereof. 'Center Of Attention' makes a hype song for the KC Royals. Royals and hype? Nahhh. I can't wait for someone to go Bumgarner on them this season.

Ichiro surpasses Ty Cobb on the all-time hit list. 4,192 hits.

I think Utley is going to be moved. Anaheim thought they'd have it done. The MFY is in now too.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Check out these two plays from yesterday!

#1. Running on Cespedes is like running on a young Ichiro.

#2. This Rendon to Rivero to get Crawford. 3-4-1 putout.

What the hell did I just see? That was amazing.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

I was going to post that 3-4-1, must have watched it 20 times and still not buying it. It's photoshopped. What a catch by the pitcher while keeping his foot on the bag.
I love OF putouts, fucking love those throws. SIT DOWN!
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

UtahRatt wrote:I was going to post that 3-4-1, must have watched it 20 times and still not buying it. It's photoshopped. What a catch by the pitcher while keeping his foot on the bag.
I love OF putouts, fucking love those throws. SIT DOWN!
He bad. I should have put the last gif on there.

Sit the fuck down.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Madison Bumgarner CG 3H 14K shutout of Washington. He also hit a HR.

Zach Greinke 7IP 1ER 1BB 8K against the Reds. Greinke also hit a HR.

Chris Sale 15K game and snapped the Cubs 9 game win streak.

Toronto beat the MFY and is 0.5 games back.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote:Madison Bumgarner CG 3H 14K shutout of Washington. He also hit a HR.

Zach Greinke 7IP 1ER 1BB 8K against the Reds. Greinke also hit a HR.

Chris Sale 15K game and snapped the Cubs 9 game win streak.

Toronto beat the MFY and is 0.5 games back.
I was keeping an eye on all those games. Bum shut them down, not sure what's going on in Washington but went down in a hurry.

Joc and Greinke went back to back, Greinke's the game winning HR. LAD wasn't fucking around, brought in Jansen to pitch the 8th and 9th to get the SV. Baez got 2 outs then after Howell walked the first batter it was time for Jansen.

Sale's striking out Cubs like they was on "Sale" put him 3 ahead of Kershaw for the league lead....208SO

I always smirk when seeing the MFY lose.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

DOWN2WHISKEY wrote:Orioles 18 - A's 2.....Ouch!
Boston kicked the shit out of Seattle Fri. & Sat. that bad too. Fat Panda even got a HR.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

I thought this was pretty funny.

Here's Bumgarner swinging that wet newspaper.

King Felix, Zach Greinke, Nathan Karns, and Matt Harvey apparently also swing a wet newspaper. I wonder if someone is going to let Scherzer in on the secret.
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

My Braves held off the D-Backs 2-1 in 10, but maaaaaan are we struggling this year!
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

dmbrocker wrote:My Braves held off the D-Backs 2-1 in 10, but maaaaaan are we struggling this year!
They loaded up on some good prospects though. Baseball America has them at #12 of 30. Keith Law as of July 22nd ranks them as #2. As anyone knows if there is one team that knows how to build from within it's Atlanta.

Milwaukie Brewers prospect Dave Denson is the first openly gay player. When he told his teammates they were all supportive. Right on.

I wonder if his courage will inspire others like Alex Rodriguez or the fans of the KC Royals to come out of the closet too.
Last edited by killeverything on Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

DOWN2WHISKEY wrote:Orioles 18 - A's 2.....Ouch!
It's one of those, I seen the score and said ouch.
I was going to make a post but decided not to, normally I'll pull up the box and check out who rocked and who got rocked but I didn't even do that.

You AL guy's are more use to those numbers. That Boston game the other day was a preseason NFL stat. Or a softball game.

I did get a kick outta this video off MLB, those darn kids are fun to watch. Wished I could remember the music in the video.

A six-run sixth-inning Little League rally ends with a rundown between third and home.....
http://m.mlb.com/cutfour/2015/08/16/143 ... nd-rundown
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote:I thought this was pretty funny.

Here's Bumgarner swinging that wet newspaper.

King Felix, Zach Greinke, Nathan Karns, and Matt Harvey apparently also swing a wet newspaper. I wonder if someone is going to let Scherzer in on the secret.
That's fucking awesome.

** EDIT**
Seen a clip of Zack's and Bum's HR's on split screen but don't know how to find it on a GIF it's MP4. My video card is about fried so when I click on some of those video pages it toasts my PC. Buying a new card is going to be easier then dealing with the warranty. Zack's bat flip make's Scherzer wet paper look like a tampon.

Zack's wet news paper went 407' over center field today. His AVG is higher then our first baseman Joc. Zack with 3 for 3 with a BB a couple games ago.
I'm not a DH fan but I do call pitcher pussies who don't take batting practice or at least try. Kershaw has won a couple games this year with his news paper.
Last edited by UtahRatt on Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

dmbrocker wrote:My Braves held off the D-Backs 2-1 in 10, but maaaaaan are we struggling this year!
Oh so you're the one. Thanks for Jimmy Johnson the suicide bomber you sent to the Dodgers.
Johnson 29.45ERA with LAD, 12ER 2HR 3BB in 3.2IP - 12ER in less than 3IP!

Jimmy Johnson, 4 games, 4 kills. He just might be Taliban.

Johnson has now allowed 12 runs in 3 2/3 innings with the Dodgers after allowing 12 runs in 48 innings with Atlanta prior to the trade. Johnson, meanwhile, became the first Dodgers reliever since 1933 to allow eight or more runs in an inning or less.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

If Robinson Cano hits one more double ( and the odds are he will too ), he will be the first player in mlb history to do it in each of his first 11 seasons.

*ETA

Madison Bumgarner and Hisashi Iwakuma named NL and AL Players Of The Week.

LAD hires ex-Brewers coach Ron Roenicke to staff ( presumed 3B ).

Postseason Wild Card schedule announced. AL 10/06. NL 10/07. World Series 10/27.
Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Facedown »

killeverything wrote:If Robinson Cano hits one more double ( and the odds are he will too ), he will be the first player in mlb history to do it in each of his first 11 seasons.
Sorry to keep doing this but:
He will be the first player in mlb history to do what, hit one more double?
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Facedown wrote:
killeverything wrote:If Robinson Cano hits one more double ( and the odds are he will too ), he will be the first player in mlb history to do it in each of his first 11 seasons.
Sorry to keep doing this but:
He will be the first player in mlb history to do what, hit one more double?
Shit. Typo. The first player to hit 30+ doubles in his first 11 seasons.
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

killeverything wrote:
They loaded up on some good prospects though. Baseball America has them at #12 of 30. Keith Law as of July 22nd ranks them as #2. As anyone knows if there is one team that knows how to build from within it's Atlanta.
We haven't won a World Series title in 20 years and we haven't even been close in the past few years, so whatever we're doing sure isn't working. Hopefully those prospects will help at least somewhat.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

dmbrocker wrote:
killeverything wrote:
We haven't won a World Series title in 20 years and we haven't even been close in the past few years, so whatever we're doing sure isn't working. Hopefully those prospects will help at least somewhat.
They've built good teams though. I think the Braves have a top notch scouting and player development system. Shit, they won like what 14 Division titles in a row?

I'm not sure what happened when they get to the post-season ( see: Beane, Billy :lol: ), but when it comes to finding and developing HOFers and potential HOFers Atlanta is pretty top notch. I had Atlanta being another division threat the last few years prior though, so what do I know?

Speaking of division threats. Matt Harvey is approaching his innings limit and hopefully NYM doesn't push him. I still think Washington shutting down Strasburg was the right call and think the Marlins FO should be set on fire for continuing to fuck with Fernandez's incredible arm. That guy is throwing way too many pitches that soon after TJ surgery.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

DOWN2WHISKEY wrote:A's drop their seventh straight with 2-4 loss in Sonny Gray's return. The road massacre is over, just briefly as they return home for five games, two against the Dodgers and three against the Rays before leaving for another six!
Brad Pitt's portrayal of Beane in the movie was spot on, the book speaks about it too. Billy has a pretty hot temper. After the Lester acquisition failed to advance them in the playoffs Beane lost his mind. I knew Cespedes was gone soon, while he's still a great player his best years are behind him. The Donaldson trade? Or complete roster makeover? I don't get it.

KC just got hot. Like the ChiSox in '05 or Boston in '14. I thought the addition of Lawrie would have made a bigger impact. I think it is one of those mysteries of team chemistry ordeals ( ordeal might not be the best adjective ) we speculate on. The A's were scrappy last year. He dismantling that "crew" killed their confidence. That's just my guess. I thought both Seattle and Oakland would have had a stronger conference showing.
Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Facedown »

The Dodgers are talking to the Red Sox about getting Alejandro De Aza.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Rangers acquire Wil Venable from SD in exchange for minor league catcher/OF Marcus Greene. DFA Micheal Choice.
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

Cherington is gone. I'm so happy about this. All of the talk of him being Theo 2.0 was way off the mark.
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Gritt wrote:Cherington is gone. I'm so happy about this. All of the talk of him being Theo 2.0 was way off the mark.
I'm not sure if Cherington was the issue though. Luchhino steped down and the 5/95 Fat Panda, Hanley, lowballing Lester moves are kind of his MO. The whole organization drifted away from what made them successful originally. I think Cherington was just a pawn.

Hunter Pence has oblique strain. SF is playing good enough to catch the division but losing him would kill their momentum.
*ETA They lost him. 15 day DL.

The WC is coming out of the Central. If I was SF or LA I would want nothing to do with having to face Chicago, St. Louis, or Pittsburgh in that scenario. Win the division because that will be tough.

AsteriskRod notched another grandslam. It makes me wonder of how many Lou Gehrig would have had if he had cheated 90% of his career.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

LAD just got Chase Utley.

Ryan Braun moves to #1 on Brewers all time HR list*
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:LAD just got Chase Utley.

Bud Selig just creamed in his pants over the news about Braun
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:
killeverything wrote:LAD just got Chase Utley.

Bud Selig just creamed in his pants over the news about Braun
Why? He tried to suspend Braun once, did suspend him, tried to ban him. He probably hates Braun more than Asteriskrod.