The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by Crazy Levi »

Machado wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk-1TLVUPZk

Unsure of the release date but Will Smith is going to tackle the
NFL concussion dilemma with his own film, "Concussion"

Based on the trailer alone, the movie looks terrible.
PBS made a better film and that should be shown nationwide
in cineplexes all over this country
I'll watch this AND Will Smith's supposed Dirty Harry remake.

In RG3 land...

I now can imagine this dragging out for a while. The Skins STILL have some incentive to try to work a trade - and a trade could be facilitated by Griffin renegotiating his option. Would be in his interests as he may be able to control where he goes, and end up with more money than he might get if he's cut.

That's if anybody wants him or thinks it's worth a gamble on a mid-round pick. And there's always the Raiders.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Crazy Levi wrote:That's if anybody wants him or thinks it's worth a gamble on a mid-round pick. And there's always the Raiders.
Don't look at the Raiders Al Davis passed away 4 years ago. You still have Snyder. It's clear the Eagles was the team giving anyone a chance, the Skins missed that boat pulling this shit right before the season opener. That's all on the ownership, if it was up to the staff RGIII would have been gone before the draft.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Trent Richardson Released by Raiders! :lol:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2558 ... d-reaction

After averaging just 2.8 yards per carry in the Oakland Raiders' first three preseason games, Trent Richardson now finds himself out of a job. According to ESPN.com's Bill Williamson, the Raiders cut the 2012 third overall draft pick on Monday.

Making the team seemed like an uphill battle for Richardson from the start. Latavius Murray is the incumbent starter, and the Raiders signed Roy Helu Jr. to a two-year, $4.1 million deal this offseason to handle more of the passing-downs duties, a role that could've fallen to Richardson.

Getting cut this early into the process is a bad look for Richardson, and Steve Corkran of RaiderBeat.com believes Oakland's decision is fully justified: "How bad did Trent Richardson look? Bad enough to get cut before the major cutdown and cut before Michael Dyer, who looks shaky, as well."

It's hard to believe how far Richardson's stock has fallen ever since the draft.

He looked like a sure thing coming out of Alabama in 2012, having finished third in the Heisman Trophy voting to Robert Griffin III and Andrew Luck. Then Richardson stepped on an NFL field, where he has since been out of his depth.

In three years, he has averaged 3.3 yards a carry with 2,032 rushing yards and 17 touchdowns.

When somebody is throwing around the JaMarcus Russell comparison, as ESPN's Damien Woody did, that's a sign things have gone horribly wrong:

----------------

They say he was a major bust taken at #3 but Cleveland was sneaky enough to dump him fast and get a first round draft pick back. Playing in Cleveland Trent still put up 950yds his Rookie season at 3.6 a carry and played with broken ribs, fair numbers playing injured on a bad team.......So I've got to give props to the Browns for dumping him quick and getting a 1st round return. The BUST would be Indy and himself.

He has to have other issues.

Pick the next team Trent plays for.....Hi Trent this is the Giants!
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

^
And the Browns still went and fucked themselves anyway with that 1st round pick they got from the Colts which they in turn used for Johnny Manziel. :lol:
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

UtahRatt wrote: Pick the next team Trent plays for.....Hi Trent this is the Giants!
He's probably done. Running backs are a dime a dozen these days.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Trent pulled off the rare two-team bust - otherwise known as the Rick Mirer.

It's tough to get two teams to blow first round picks on a loser.
sin
Headlining Clubs

Post by sin »

The Patriots will sign Trent and he will have that one game.
scarred but smarter
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Crazy Levi wrote:Trent pulled off the rare two-team bust - otherwise known as the Rick Mirer.

It's tough to get two teams to blow first round picks on a loser.
RICK FUCKING MIRER! How did you recall that name.. :lol:
Thanks for the laugh and the blast from the past. After Rick Mirer it took Seattle almost 20 years before drafting another QB in the first round. To pour salt in the wound it's no wonder why.....

Seattle - 1991 Dan McGwire QB 1st round pick "16th" in the draft.
Seattle - 1993 Rick Mirer QB 1st round pick "2nd" in the draft.

Seattle 16 Broncos 13 F/OT Monday Night, November 30, 1992

Denver - Dan Reeves rotated Tommy Maddox and Rookie Shawn Moore every series with Elway on the IR.
Seattle - went through all three QB's due to sucking. Kelly Stouffer then Dan McQwire ending with Stan Gelbaugh.

The teams combined for 20 punts for 814yds, 4INT's, 2 Fumbles, 9 Sacks and 5FG's. Good game, total blast.

UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

sin wrote:The Patriots will sign Trent and he will have that one game.

I was thinking the Pat's might work they like to pick RB's out of the trash.

Fred Jackson released by Buffalo Bills!
I've always dug Jackson, he's a gutsy and good out of the back field.

I'm not sure about Trent, CFL maybe, Fred still has game. After all he's gave to Buffalo it's lame the Bills didn't drop him earlier so he'd have time to jump on another team.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/buffalo ... falo-bills
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Looks like RG3's Instagram Intern needs to be benched also. :lol:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... _p-ZEWn9qQ
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

eddie lee roth wrote:Looks like RG3's Instagram Intern needs to be benched also. :lol:

And that's why I've completely turned on RG3. An "intern"? Come on.
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Well it didn't take Jackson long, just what the Seahawks needed, more firepower out of the back field with a great set of hands. Lynch and Jackson are BFF and text each other in the off season as well. So much for Robert Turbin.

Ex-Bills RB Fred Jackson is flying in to Seattle this morning to meet with the Seahawks, "both sides expect a deal gets done". Carroll basically saying it a twitter if he passes the physical this morning they're probably give him a helmet.

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2015/9/1/9238 ... 1441127045
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Gritt wrote:
eddie lee roth wrote:Looks like RG3's Instagram Intern needs to be benched also. :lol:

And that's why I've completely turned on RG3. An "intern"? Come on.
:lol:

So a Skin fan blasted Snyder on Instagram and an INTERN under RGIII's account hit the like button? For the love of fuck, the Redskins are like an all girls campus with the fans going to the Hogwarts School of Bitchcraft and Misery.

RGIII.....
“I did not ‘like’ that IG post ridiculing our team. I have not been social media active consistently for awhile now and am ultra-focused on working to get back on the field and trying to help this team."

RGIII, now in Ultra-Focused mode!

I did not "like" that Instagram
I do not like Daniel Snyder and SPAM

Would you like them here or there?

I would not like them here or there.
I would not like them anywhere.
I do not like them, RGIII I AM.
I do not like Daniel Snyder and SPAM
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

UtahRatt wrote:Well it didn't take Jackson long, just what the Seahawks needed, more firepower out of the back field with a great set of hands. Lynch and Jackson are BFF and text each other in the off season as well. So much for Robert Turbin.

Ex-Bills RB Fred Jackson is flying in to Seattle this morning to meet with the Seahawks, "both sides expect a deal gets done". Carroll basically saying it a twitter if he passes the physical this morning they're probably give him a helmet.

He's 34...I don't remember the last 34 yr old RB who had anything left in the tank.

Otis Anderson?
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

I think for what Seattle would need from him that Jackson will be a nice pickup.
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Crazy Levi wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:Well it didn't take Jackson long, just what the Seahawks needed, more firepower out of the back field with a great set of hands. Lynch and Jackson are BFF and text each other in the off season as well. So much for Robert Turbin.

He's 34...I don't remember the last 34 yr old RB who had anything left in the tank.

Otis Anderson?
He's one of the better 3rd down backs in the league, he's playing more of a FB position with RB ability.

He's not typical, in great shape and spent the better part of his 9 seasons either playing 3rd down back, second fiddle or in a two back system. He backed up Lynch for 4 years who will be 30 this season and spent the last 6 with or behind Spiller. Him and Buffalo had a horrible offense last season but he still managed over 1,000yds rushing and receiving 8.9avg in 14 games.

Two seasons ago he put up around 1,300yds combined with 10TD's.

He does it all very well. Rush, catch, special teams and most importantly he's a good blocker making him a great third down back.
Think of a better blocking 32 year old Darren Sproles with 11 seasons behind him. I've liked and watched Jackson his entire career and always thought he needed to get out of buffalo too shine "see Lynch" because the Bills kept spending draft picks to move him back and because they're Buffalo and because they've never had a QB to balance the attack to unload the box.

The only reasons Jackson is out of Buffalo is because of LeSean McCoy. McCoy is the MAN but add to that the Bills drafted yet another Rookie and have another young RB so they don't have to pay Jackson's higher veteran salary even tho he's cheap for what he brings to the table. Jackson and Lynch is going to be a scary tandem.

Example of last season, "Jackson averaged 8.9 yards after the catch per reception last year, forcing 19 missed tackles along the way. Only Le'Veon Bell, Eddie Lacy, and Matt Forte forced more missed tackles on catches in 2014."

There's gas still in the tank.
Bludegeon
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Bludegeon »

I'd be lying if I said that I don't love all this redskins news of late. LOL..

Another "Messiah".. Down for the count. He was gonna be the "future" of QB's.. lol. That's what all the ANALysts said..

RG3, figured out after one season by other teams and , now Done!

Sucks to be a redskins fan, always..
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Bludegeon wrote:I'd be lying if I said that I don't love all this redskins news of late. LOL..

Another "Messiah".. Down for the count. He was gonna be the "future" of QB's.. lol. That's what all the ANALysts said..

RG3, figured out after one season by other teams and , now Done!

Sucks to be a redskins fan, always..
:lol: :lol:

The jokes continue to write themselves. After all, RGIII is the best QB in the NFL. Just ask him :lol:

Levi was always in denial about RGIII and his ultra focus in the film room, in the practice field, etc....
B.S.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Machado wrote: Levi was always in denial about RGIII and his ultra focus in the film room, in the practice field, etc....
B.S.
What does that mean exactly? Seriously. What was I in "denial" about?
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Crazy Levi wrote:
Machado wrote: Levi was always in denial about RGIII and his ultra focus in the film room, in the practice field, etc....
B.S.
What does that mean exactly? Seriously. What was I in "denial" about?
Levi-
I think your intern is now posting on your behalf.
Take care of that right away :lol: :lol:
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

:roll:

I knew I shouldn't have taken the bait.

Think the Cowboys will manage to beat Colt McCoy this season?
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Crazy Levi wrote::roll:

Do you think Colt will last long enough to play 16 games?
Listen, your QB position is a mess. Over a 16 game stretch Cousins and Colt are not the answer. RGIII is not the answer, unless Gruden was to insert him into the game so he can take a beating at the hands of 11 defenders.
I can't stand your team or RGIII, but what Gruden did to him a couple weeks
ago was disgusting. Gruden left that player out there to die and he almost did. You just know Gruden is laughing to himself about RGIII's concussion.
RGIII has major flaws in his game, but no NFL should be subject to the kind of behavior or put in a position to fail as much as he was vs Lions a couple weeks ago. Would not surprise me one bit if Gruden or the O-Line coach specifically told that group to not block so well when RGIII enters the game.
Bludegeon

Post by Bludegeon »

Haha.. Probably not.. lol..It's in good ol' Dallas fashion to make opposing team's average QB's look unstoppable..

See, Del Homme when he was on the Saints...

It's all in good fun Levi..
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Bludegeon wrote:

Haha.. Probably not.. lol..It's in good ol' Dallas fashion to make opposing team's average QB's look unstoppable..

Fuck McCoy I think Romo has the ability to loss to anybody in the clutch! :wink:
Bludegeon

Post by Bludegeon »

UtahRatt wrote:
Bludegeon wrote:

Fuck McCoy I think Romo has the ability to loss to anybody in the clutch! :wink:

Hahahaa..

Yes sir!!.. That , Romo Definitely has!!!.. I am sure I will see it at least 3 times this season.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

How bad does it hurt that John Kent Cooke lost out to Snyder for ownership of the Redskins?

I gotta believe they would be in no way the mess they are in today if it would of stayed in the family.

I'm thankful that didn't happen with my Steelers when Art Rooney passed away.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Nobody knows what the fuck happened or why that old man just didn't give his son the team. It's been nothing but a nightmare since Snyder took over and the Cooke must be spinning in his grave.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Brady beats Goodell. :lol: I love this news!
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Somewhere, slightly muffled by hooker ass, P13 is screaming.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

^
And that makes it even better. Thanks for that reminder I hadn't even thought about it that way. :lol: