The Never Ending MMA thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Re: The Never Ending MMA thread

Post by yeahbuddy »

EddieVanHeineken wrote:
yeahbuddy wrote:
roxxxtar wrote:Ronda is a cash cow for Dana. As long as she stays like that, she's not going to lose.
Pretty much.
Funny how with each fight they sell that particular fighter as her "toughest to date" & sell it really well. Unfortunately ALL of these other fighters are good not great at one thing while Rousey is very good/great at 3 or 4 things.

How else are they supposed to "sell" the fight? " The odds are 12 to 1 and this chick hasn't fought a top 10 opponent...please give us your money!"

They did the same thing with George St. Pierre, Mike Tyson, Lennox Lewis, Mahammad Ali etc. It's all part of the fight game.

The fact of the matter is, is that this chick beat two of Ronda's friend's and said some implied shit about Ronda's father. Bam! That sells a fight. Remember when no one gave a fuck about the McMann fight because McMann did absolutely zero to sell the fight. We can all pretend that we want MMA to be a sport where title shots are earned and such but people don't spend money on the PPV's for those fights.

Ronda is right, why should she have to budge an inch for somebody that was busted cheating? Cyborg has been saying for the 2 years she has been with Invicta that she would drop to 35 there. It's been two years and she hasn't made a single attempt. It's on her to make the fight, not the biggest star in MMA.
Nice to see you replied with a bunch of nothing.
Answer the question- why do they sell it as her toughest to date when everybody knows it isn't? She fights nothing but average mma fighters that are good at what they do, not great. You seriously think Meisha Tate has improved so much that another Rousey fight will be challenging for her?
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

Post by EddieVanHeineken »

I thought I was pretty clear in my response,,,, this is how the fight game works. The fight is on PPV and hyperbole is to be expected to get people excited enough about the fight to click the "purchase" button. They are targetting the average viewer that knows Rousey from movies, magazines, late night shows, etc. They put her in a fight with an undefeated opponent and that impresses them. There are a greater number of casual viewers in this category than the hardcores....that's what they are targetting to get high PPV numbers.
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
to increase the population
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

What a shit night of fights. The UFC needs to dissolve Mighty Mouse's division because he is so in a class all by himself. Make the guy fight in higher weight class against better competition. Jesus!!
Thank god I saved my 50 bucks & didn't buy the ppv.
The only thing that didn't go as predicted was the Mir/Pitbull fight going the distance. Most said a ko was going to end the fight.
The UFC brass is sure trying to groom Paige Van Zant into something special aren't they? The problem is put her against any of the top 3 & she gets slaughtered.
They should have her fight Carla Esparanza next & see how she does.
slash4pres
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by slash4pres »

Nick Diaz got fined over 100k and suspended 5 years for the 183 testing where he tested positive for thc metabolites, while Silva got 8 months. I don't care what you think about Diaz, if you think this is right you should drink bleach.
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

slash4pres wrote:Nick Diaz got fined over 100k and suspended 5 years for the 183 testing where he tested positive for thc metabolites, while Silva got 8 months. I don't care what you think about Diaz, if you think this is right you should drink bleach.
The NAC is out of there minds. They already decided what they were going penalize him with before they walked in. They wanted to try to make an example of him.

Nick took 3 tests...the 2 negative tests were completed by a WADA accredited lab. The negative test was not. Also the negative test had his name written on the friggin sample!

They completely ignored all of the evidence that was presented by Nick's lawyers.

Testing positive for metabolites with a urine exam does not mean that you used pot in the "in competition window". It only tells that you may have used in the past month. A blood test in much more accurate for determining if somebody is intoxicated.

They didn't want to hear any of the objective evidence provided, went with the negative test from the uncredited lab, punished him outside of their own damn guidelines just because they don't like him. It was personal and extremely corrupt.
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
WolfgangVonPage
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by WolfgangVonPage »

People need to get over the fact that he got popped for being a dope smoking dope. What is it , isn't this like the third time he got caught lying on a pre-fight medical/questionnaire?
Being a first class cunt doesn't help either.
I see it as setting a precedent for the future.
Who knows, I'm probably wrong.
Got myself a Cadillac, but can't afford the gasoline.
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

WolfgangVonPage wrote:People need to get over the fact that he got popped for being a dope smoking dope. What is it , isn't this like the third time he got caught lying on a pre-fight medical/questionnaire?
Being a first class cunt doesn't help either.
I see it as setting a precedent for the future.
Who knows, I'm probably wrong.

That's the issue. This isn't the third time he has popped. That's what all the evidence his lawyers presented proves. The two tests by the accredited lab were negative. The commission completely ignored those. His lawyers provided one of the commisioners, Pat Lundvall, with her own words stating at a previous hearing that they have to place more weight on the accredited tests than unaccredited. She laughed. The commissioners laughed any time the lawyers provided scientific proof. This was a personal issue.
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
DEATH ROW JOE
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

roxxxtar
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by roxxxtar »

Jon Jones reinstated:

I am grateful for the opportunity to resume my career and I am excited to show how much I've grown as a person outside of the octagon. It took me losing almost everything I had worked for to realize how much I had. I am blessed and humbled by the continued support of the MMA community and I can't thank my fans enough for their unwavering support through my ups and downs. This marks the beginning of a new chapter in my life and my career and let me assure you, the best is yet to come.
FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

roxxxtar wrote:Jon Jones reinstated:

I am grateful for the opportunity to resume my career and I am excited to show how much I've grown as a person outside of the octagon. It took me losing almost everything I had worked for to realize how much I had. I am blessed and humbled by the continued support of the MMA community and I can't thank my fans enough for their unwavering support through my ups and downs. This marks the beginning of a new chapter in my life and my career and let me assure you, the best is yet to come.
Good. I want him to defeat cormier snd move up to hw
Luke 16:10 "and he that is unjust in the least, is unjust also in much"
roxxxtar
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by roxxxtar »

One more week until Rhonda beats Holly Holm.
No chance Dana will let anyone will beat the biggest draw the UFC has, the cash cow if you will.
BodyBagz
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by BodyBagz »

roxxxtar wrote:One more week until Rhonda beats Holly Holm.
No chance Dana will let anyone will beat the biggest draw the UFC has, the cash cow if you will.
You sure about that.... :lol:
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington
roxxxtar
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by roxxxtar »

BodyBagz wrote:
Now Dana gets to book the biggest rematch in history. $$$$$$
TawnyVonJagger
Fuck The Yankees

Post by TawnyVonJagger »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Goddamn.

:shock:
Fuck sigs.
BodyBagz

Post by BodyBagz »

roxxxtar wrote:
BodyBagz wrote:
Now Dana gets to book the biggest rematch in history. $$$$$$
Yes, yes he does. It should be a very lucrative contract...provided Rousey doesnt go ahead and step away like she has hinted about after this fight...
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington
BodyBagz

Post by BodyBagz »

pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Man she was dominated.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Biggest upset in ufc history

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
roxxxtar
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by roxxxtar »

Wish that ref would have let Holm beat her in the face some more. Early stoppage. :lol:
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

roxxxtar wrote:Wish that ref would have let Holm beat her in the face some more. Early stoppage. :lol:
:roll:

BodyBagz

Post by BodyBagz »

Well, just like all other "greatest evers", Rousey was going to falter at some point if she actually didnt retire after the Holm fight had she won.

Now, she has to get back up, get trained and get back at least 1 more time, or, she tucks her tail and goes home with just 1 loss on an otherwise unblemished career.

Now, to all those stupid fuckers who actually thought Rousey could actually step in a ring and beat a boxer like Money Mayweather....just just saw a real life, over flowing bowl of "shut the fuck up" soup. Rousey tried to "fight" upright with a trained Boxer...that boxer did what boxers do...Ducked, Dived and Slipped those jabs in quick and fast and from distance...and she had enough MMA skill to throw in a fucking head kick to seal the deal! Rousey never saw that kick coming..I would be willing to bet $50 she never even sparred with the expectation that Holm would throw a head kick...Rhonda expected this fight to go like all the others..to the ground where she has the advantage, but it didnt. She got out hustled and beat by her own type of gameplan...

Wonder what Cyborg is going to have to say about this? Wonder if Holm will beef up to give Cyborg a shot?
BodyBagz

Post by BodyBagz »

Look at Rhondas face...that is a full on "dint see it coming " kick to the neck/face.... :shock:

demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

pieceofme wrote:Biggest upset in ufc history
Biggest underestimation of somebody's ability and worst gameplan in UFC history.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Facedown »

That was epic. Thought she would lose at some point but didn't expect it last night.
At least she didn't touch gloves, saved herself one less hit.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
WolfgangVonPage
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by WolfgangVonPage »

Facedown wrote: At least she didn't touch gloves, saved herself one less hit.
Bravo. That was a good one. :D
Got myself a Cadillac, but can't afford the gasoline.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

According to Ronda, she is fine.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzbYPo1eqEw

Reading various websites, forums, & comments the level of hate on this girl is beyond crazy. Her coach is getting bombed on just as much.

What fight was he watching in between the 1st & 2nd rd?

Go to the comments-
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/11/16/9 ... riking-mma

Laila Ali said it best- real champs do not get beat like that.

The knockout kick was a thing of beauty. Loved how Holly had to place her in the right spot to land the kick. It was like "okay, I need you to move a foot to your right so I can knock you out".

Dana White is full of shit. He's saying he booked this fight because of the matchups. I've read on a few of sites that Ronda wanted Holly now so she can beat her to keep her undefeated streak going before Holly comes into her own in the UFC.

The last time I cheered this much was when Dillashaw took out Barao.
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

I know everybody wants to lay into Ronda bc of all the shit she talked and did, saying she's overrated and such. But, the fact of the matter is that she pretty much singlehandedly made people care about women's MMA. She is the biggest star MMA has ever had, getting press, movies, magazines and such that nobody, not GSP, Silva, Lidell, etc. was ever getting. I know people hate admitting that. She just headlined a fucking stadium show for close to 60 thousand people. Nobody in the UFC has ever done that.

I'm not really a bid fan of hers, but you have to put things into perspective. Yes she lost badly. But, She lost ONE fight after running through everybody else. GSP lost, Silva lost, ...shit Silva didn't become the legend until after he'd lost a few times. MMA isn't boxing where being undefeated is exhalted and you're cosidered a bum when you lose. i like to say that boxing is checkers and mma is chess. There are way more ways to win and lose in mma. Boxing you just have to worry about being hit by two hands.

IMO, she dropped the ball in training, not just for this fight, but overall. She tried to condense her training to where she was just doing camps to get ready for fights and not really spending the time to learn new skills. BC of her crazy schedule of doing movies, press, fights, etc. She basically pulled a Rocky in Rocky III and was embarrassed badly bc she thought her natural talent was enough to win. YES she is talented and will most likely beat everybody else, but she wasn't prepared for the Holm that she saw in the UFC. Her coaches said after this fight, that they purposely held her back in her other fights, in which she didn't look dominant. Looks like their gamesmanship was on another level as Ronda was fooled. My two cents...
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

EddieVanHeineken wrote:I know everybody wants to lay into Ronda bc of all the shit she talked and did, saying she's overrated and such. But, the fact of the matter is that she pretty much singlehandedly made people care about women's MMA. She is the biggest star MMA has ever had, getting press, movies, magazines and such that nobody, not GSP, Silva, Lidell, etc. was ever getting. I know people hate admitting that. She just headlined a fucking stadium show for close to 60 thousand people. Nobody in the UFC has ever done that.

I'm not really a bid fan of hers, but you have to put things into perspective. Yes she lost badly. But, She lost ONE fight after running through everybody else. GSP lost, Silva lost, ...shit Silva didn't become the legend until after he'd lost a few times. MMA isn't boxing where being undefeated is exhalted and you're cosidered a bum when you lose. i like to say that boxing is checkers and mma is chess. There are way more ways to win and lose in mma. Boxing you just have to worry about being hit by two hands.

IMO, she dropped the ball in training, not just for this fight, but overall. She tried to condense her training to where she was just doing camps to get ready for fights and not really spending the time to learn new skills. BC of her crazy schedule of doing movies, press, fights, etc. She basically pulled a Rocky in Rocky III and was embarrassed badly bc she thought her natural talent was enough to win. YES she is talented and will most likely beat everybody else, but she wasn't prepared for the Holm that she saw in the UFC. Her coaches said after this fight, that they purposely held her back in her other fights, in which she didn't look dominant. Looks like their gamesmanship was on another level as Ronda was fooled. My two cents...
Good post, but do you really believe Holm's coaches about that tactic? Seems a little risky imo.

EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

pieceofme wrote:
EddieVanHeineken wrote:I know everybody wants to lay into Ronda bc of all the shit she talked and did, saying she's overrated and such. But, the fact of the matter is that she pretty much singlehandedly made people care about women's MMA. She is the biggest star MMA has ever had, getting press, movies, magazines and such that nobody, not GSP, Silva, Lidell, etc. was ever getting. I know people hate admitting that. She just headlined a fucking stadium show for close to 60 thousand people. Nobody in the UFC has ever done that.

Good post, but do you really believe Holm's coaches about that tactic? Seems a little risky imo.

Yeah, I actually do believe the coaches. She came in and basically had two tune up fights. The girls she fought weren't top ten. I don't know if you know this or not, but UFC was trying to get Holly in for a while. Jackson-Winklejon camp weren't playing ball with UFC. The negotiations took a long time. They wanted things done their way. I believe this was what they wanted...for Holly to get a couple tune ups against scrubs, while preparing all along for Rousey. The girls she fought she didn't have to expose how well she could handle what Ronda had to offer. Ronda's camp was fooled. They thought HH looked weak and ill prepared and ego got in the way.
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

Coming January of 2016 is the return of the greatest & most violent women's mma fighter of all time.
Last two fights ended in less than a minute & both opponents walked out of the octagon with their noses broke. All in a day's work for this bad ass. Just another day at the office.