Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by Facedown »

Machado wrote:^^^

No you are the moron because C.C. has pitched incredibly well as of late.
Look up the stats and you will see. C.C. was pitching at a much higher level recently, despite the awful stats.
So, I wasn't talking about his booze problem?
Dipshit.
P13 called, he wants his shtick back.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Facedown wrote:
Machado wrote:^^^

No you are the moron because C.C. has pitched incredibly well as of late.
Look up the stats and you will see. C.C. was pitching at a much higher level recently, despite the awful stats.
So, I wasn't talking about his booze problem?
Dipshit.
P13 called, he wants his shtick back.
two reasons you are the idiot around here

#1-You had no idea how well C.C. has been pitching of late
#2-You referenced P13
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:I HATE the red sux to no end but I would never celebrate a member of their team having an addiction to booze.
What he said had nothing to do with CC condition tho you've talked more shit about people here. What's the difference?
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

UtahRatt wrote:
Machado wrote:I HATE the red sux to no end but I would never celebrate a member of their team having an addiction to booze.
What he said had nothing to do with CC condition tho you've talked more shit about people here. What's the difference?

welcome to the program corky. that ship has sailed. we are passed that.
try to keep up.

you are missing the point shirley(utah).
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:you are missing the point shirley(utah).
And you're missing brain cells, beavis (P13Jr).
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Facedown wrote:
Machado wrote:In other Yankees news, C.C. has checked into Alcohol Rehab and won't be available for the entire postseason
:x
By "entire postseason", you mean "one game"? :lol:

Seriously though, 6-10 - 4.73era....fans should be happy.
Fans might not be so happy. Since Aug 1 C.C. had an ERA around 2.50.
Not bad huh? I mean, most fans would take that from any of their starters
over a 2 month span.

MORON!
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:
Facedown wrote:
Machado wrote:In other Yankees news, C.C. has checked into Alcohol Rehab and won't be available for the entire postseason
:x
By "entire postseason", you mean "one game"? :lol:

Seriously though, 6-10 - 4.73era....fans should be happy.
Fans might not be so happy. Since Aug 1 C.C. had an ERA around 2.50.
Not bad huh? I mean, most fans would take that from any of their starters
over a 2 month span.

MORON!
Not for a $2OO million contract though which only equaled one good season.

For how much money he has at his disposal, Brian Cashman really sucks at his job.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:
MORON!
Not for a $2OO million contract though which only equaled one good season.

For how much money he has at his disposal, Brian Cashman really sucks at his job.[/quote]

Kill-Turn the page. Of course that contact was bad. Did anybody truly believe it was a good deal? Major market teams overpay because they do not want the player going elsewhere or to a division rival.
These players are paid for what they have done, not what they are about to do.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

For fuck sake is the quote function that hard to use?

Major market teams over paying just to keep a player from going to a low income team that needs a pitcher is lame. How NY don't win every year is amazing, it's bad enough they've been buying championships since the game was invented.

The Yankees and their fans are the Walmart and their shoppers of Baseball.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

UtahRatt wrote:For fuck sake is the quote function that hard to use?

Major market teams over paying just to keep a player from going to a low income team that needs a pitcher is lame. How NY don't win every year is amazing, it's bad enough they've been buying championships since the game was invented.

The Yankees and their fans are the Walmart and their shoppers of Baseball.
You are weak. You fail to have an argument that is original. Did you look up those opinions on Wikipedia?
I agree, it is lame for any team to overpay for a player just so that player does not go elsewhere. It happens all the time, multiple times during the baseball season. The Yankees are not doing anything other teams do not already do.
You can say how the Yankees buy championships all you want. How many did they buy between 79-96? They sure did try just above every year and failed. So your stance on the subject carries no weight.
Do not blame the Yankees for playing in the #1 market in America. In baseball there is revenue sharing and the luxury tax. So those teams that don't make as much $$ have been helped by the Yankees & other teams in MLB. Why not blame those owners for putting that extra money into their own pockets and not towards the team on the field?
YOU ARE SO STUPID!
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:They sure did try just above every year and failed.
THEY SURE FAILED TONIGHT!
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Attention all WallMart shoppers, THE YANKEES WERE SHUT THE FUCK OUT! They'll be closed for the rest of the season, thanks for your money and enjoy watching the playoffs Yankee fans.

AROID 0 for 4, 2SO, 3 LEFT ON BASE .000

Yankees ZERO Houston 3
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

UtahRatt wrote:If there's a baseball god, he'll take the Yankees and Cub's out in the WC round, I pray to you now oh baseball gods.......Thanks for any help if you're listening.
Thank you baseball gods for doing the right thing and sending home the Yankees, if you can toss in the Cubs that would be nice but with the Yankees out the world is a better place.

In case you didn't hear, the Yankee's got spanked. NO PLAYOFFS FOR YOU!
It's ok Machado13 you still have Dallas....Oh wait.....They suck too.

Hat's off to the Astros. Nice to see them back in the playoffs.
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

Dallas Kuechel is a wizard. 69m payroll just shutout a 200 million plus payroll. This one feels good. Suck a bag of dicks Machado. Payback for the evil empire's over bidding the Stros and everybody else on every free agent for all those years.
Last edited by bane on Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

I missed some good baseball yesterday. Fuck. :lol: Am I the only one that isn't surprised Asteriskrod failed to deliver in the postseason again? Jacoby DLsbury didn't play either.

Taking bets. How hard are the MFY going to go after Price now? Also for any of you that know Yankees fans ( if know any that are actually from NY, I applaud you. I've met 2. ) and they bring up "27 World Championships!"....because they will. Respond with "13 World Series losses!" That usually shuts them up.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:I missed some good baseball yesterday. Fuck. :lol: Am I the only one that isn't surprised Asteriskrod failed to deliver in the postseason again? Jacoby DLsbury didn't play either.

Taking bets. How hard are the MFY going to go after Price now? Also for any of you that know Yankees fans ( if know any that are actually from NY, I applaud you. I've met 2. ) and they bring up "27 World Championships!"....because they will. Respond with "13 World Series losses!" That usually shuts them up.
Yup they lost last night. Ran into what might be the best pitcher in the AL.
Looked like the line-up had no idea what pitch was coming next.
Tanaka made two mistakes and they were huge. I really thought he was going to dominate a lot more or pitch the way the Astros pitcher did.

Not starting Ellsbury was fine with me. Someone had to sit to allow Young to play versus the lefty starter.
ARod hit 1 ball hard but failed with RISP. The entire offense failed with the bats. Bring on the off-season and acquisitions or trades.
bane

Post by bane »

There are comments all over the comment section at MLB from Yankee fans whining about the strike zone Keuchel got last night. Keuchel was putting the ball exactly where he wanted it. He reminds me of Maddox. He's a Rembrandt. He pitched a great game. On to KC and that incredible bullpen of theirs. Better score early Astros, I don't think we'll see many late inning heroics from Houston in that series.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

bane wrote:There are comments all over the comment section at MLB from Yankee fans whining about the strike zone Keuchel got last night. Keuchel was putting the ball exactly where he wanted it. He reminds me of Maddox. He's a Rembrandt. He pitched a great game. On to KC and that incredible bullpen of theirs. Better score early Astros, I don't think we'll see many late inning heroics from Houston in that series.
If you watched the game on ESPN, it was very clear that Keuchel was getting calls all night long. The HP umpire was giving him extra inches up and down, in and out, all night long.
The announcers mentioned it. Kruk went out of his way to mention it during the McCann at bat.
Tanaka did not get those calls from the jump. So yeah, I think Yankee fans are not whining, just stating the obvious.
bane

Post by bane »

Keuchel always gets those calls because he puts the ball exactly where he wants it, like Maddox. Tanaka was missing. Big difference. I guess the Yanks hitters didn't watch much film? Trying to work walks of that guy is futile.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

bane wrote:Keuchel always gets those calls because he puts the ball exactly where he wants it, like Maddox. Tanaka was missing. Big difference. I guess the Yanks hitters didn't watch much film? Trying to work walks of that guy is futile.
tell me about it. after 2 innings it was very clear how he was going to pitch.
yet none of the hitters seemed to adjust. i was literally predicting the next pitch and most times Keuchel threw exactly that pitch.
when ARod almost went deep to right field on an outside pitch, of course Keuchel was going to come inside on the 1st pitch the very next at bat.
he did exactly that, ARod was jammed and inning over and men left on base.

for a team that had the 2nd most runs scored all season, they looked like they did not want to hit last night.
bane

Post by bane »

Keuchel is a contact pitcher. He wants you to hit the ball. He misses barrels, not bats. He doesn't throw many pitches that batters can square up. I think the approach would be to be aggressive. You can't wait for mistakes against him because he doesn't make many. The Yanks were as passive as it gets. Probably the reason they haven't scored on him
all year.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

bane wrote:Keuchel always gets those calls because he puts the ball exactly where he wants it, like Maddox. Tanaka was missing. Big difference. I guess the Yanks hitters didn't watch much film? Trying to work walks of that guy is futile.
Machado wrote:Tanaka did not get those calls from the jump. So yeah, I think Yankee fans are not whining, just stating the obvious.
Tanaka couldn't hit the strike zone if it was the size of a door.....That 2nd inning everything was in the dirt, at one point he had almost as many balls as strikes. The announcers were talking about his release point, motion to how he's just off!

I actually laughed in the second inning because I could hear Bob Uecker's voice in "Major League" saying......

JUSTTTTTT A BIT OUTSIDE!, BALL ONE, BALL TWO, BALL FOUR.....And Tanaka has managed to walk the bases loaded on 12 pitches! I don't know how they can keep calling them when they're so cloessssss!

Tanaka was off, way off. Not even close, no argument and if NY fans are going to complain about that then it just shows how big of cry babies they are.

The Yankees go shut the fuck out, they lost, that's it. Take it with class.
Mazerati

Post by Mazerati »

Ok 2 hours before game time....getting nervous

Go Cubs!
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

bane wrote:Keuchel is a contact pitcher. He wants you to hit the ball. He misses barrels, not bats. He doesn't throw many pitches that batters can square up. I think the approach would be to be aggressive. You can't wait for mistakes against him because he doesn't make many. The Yanks were as passive as it gets. Probably the reason they haven't scored on him
all year.
Maddox was a perfect example, Keuchel was painting the zone like a artiest not to mention he tossed 6innings. What's NY's excuse for not getting a single hit in the last three off a shaky pen? Like you said when a pitcher like Keuchel is on the corners you have to be aggressive, that's the game plan, you can't sit back and wait on a pitch you have to go after anything close to the zone....They didn't.

Tanaka wasn't even close, if he was even close to being on he might have got a call or two but he was wayyyyyyyy out of the zone after Rasmus put one in the bleachers. IMO that jack took him off his game.

The Yankees got spanked. They weren't aggressive and with the way Tanaka pitched it could have been a blow out. The Stro's could have got more then 3BB in 5innings, they could have put up more and knocked Tanaka out earlier. NY is lucky they only gave up 3ER.

The Yankees lost, there's no excuses, the better team won.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

UtahRatt wrote:
bane wrote:Keuchel is a contact pitcher. He wants you to hit the ball. He misses barrels, not bats. He doesn't throw many pitches that batters can square up. I think the approach would be to be aggressive. You can't wait for mistakes against him because he doesn't make many. The Yanks were as passive as it gets. Probably the reason they haven't scored on him
all year.
Maddox was a perfect example, Keuchel was painting the zone like a artiest not to mention he tossed 6innings. What's NY's excuse for not getting a single hit in the last three off a shaky pen? Like you said when a pitcher like Keuchel is on the corners you have to be aggressive, that's the game plan, you can't sit back and wait on a pitch you have to go after anything close to the zone....They didn't.

Tanaka wasn't even close, if he was even close to being on he might have got a call or two but he was wayyyyyyyy out of the zone after Rasmus put one in the bleachers. IMO that jack took him off his game.

The Yankees got spanked. They weren't aggressive and with the way Tanaka pitched it could have been a blow out. The Stro's could have got more then 3BB in 5innings, they could have put up more and knocked Tanaka out earlier. NY is lucky they only gave up 3ER.

The Yankees lost, there's no excuses, the better team won.
I remember reading in ESPN magazine about 9 years ago where they interviewed an ump. He said "do you know why Curt Schilling and Justin Verlander get more strikes? Because they throw more strikes. I remember working a game Greg Maddux pitched and he got a strike call on the outside corner of the plate. He proceeded to put the pitch in that exact same spot the rest of the game."

I always thought that was cool as hell. It's the reason why I'll forever be opposed to solely using video concerning pitching. The great pitchers see what is available, where they get calls, if the ump has a vendetta ( ie. Joe West and fucking the King out of his record breaking streak ) and have to make adjustments.

Keuchel and Arrieta were untouchable. Tanaka is a talent, but he's from Japan which means he's pitched a million innings by the time he was in middle school.

There is a changing of the old guard right now. SF, ChiC, and KC have proven the hot commodity is growing your own team. NYY, BOS, and the So. Cal teams are fucked for a while after loading up with massive contracts with retirement bound mercenaries.

LAD's new FO has them set to he scary good though, they're blowing their 300m shit out of the water in the International draft right now.

This is turning out to be a helluva postseason and Arod needs to fire his pharmacist.
Cyd
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Cyd »

I've been thrown into a state of panic over the Cubbies. SO scared of them. If Cardinals can only eliminate them guys, it will be smooth sailing all the way to the big finish.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Pirates hurler threw a pitch and hit Jake in the hip. That was fun to see. Nothing like a good bean-brawl in the playoffs.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Bighole wrote:I've been thrown into a state of panic over the Cubbies. SO scared of them. If Cardinals can only eliminate them guys, it will be smooth sailing all the way to the big finish.
I can't recall a time in baseball history that St. Louis was scared of Chicago :lol: Maybe the Tinkers to Evans to Chance days, but way back then I'm not sure of the Cardinals domninance, much less existence. I'm in class right now so I can't look it up.

Theo has proven a lot of naysayers wrong. I wonder if he's gonna get a movie too. It's Beane-esque in his philosophy, except he's been given millions to play with too ( Foulke, Damon, Lester, etc. ).

Let's go baseball.

*ETA

Both Molina and Wainwright are on the NLDS roster.
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Facedown wrote:By "entire postseason", you mean "one game"? :lol:
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Nooooooooooo!!!!!!! Vin Scully in hospital with a procedure ( that's all the info I have at the moment ), will miss entire postseason. A postseason without Vin is like baseball without bats.

Adrian Beltre injured himself in midswing. Taken out of game.

Josh Donaldson removed as a precautionary measure.