Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:
Adrian Beltre injured himself in midswing. Taken out of game.
This guy sure does get injured a lot. Obviously he is a PED user because
nothing else can explain how often he blows out his hammy and now his back is injured. Must have been nice abusing those PED's all those year huh
Adrian :roll:
Cyd
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Cyd »

killeverything wrote:
Let's go baseball.

*ETA

Both Molina and Wainwright are on the NLDS roster.
!!!!!

Thanks for that info. And we get the first 2 games right here in baseball heaven.
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

Machado wrote:
killeverything wrote:
nothing else can explain how often he blows out his hammy and now his back is injured. Must have been nice abusing those PED's all those year huh
Says the guy with King PED as his avatar.
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Post by killeverything »

Gritt wrote:
Machado wrote:
killeverything wrote:
And a fan of a team that led the Mitchell report. The only fucking Yankees that weren't on there or suspected was Jeter, Rivera, and Williams.

Machado's getting his ass kicked by reality today
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote:Nooooooooooo!!!!!!! Vin Scully in hospital with a procedure ( that's all the info I have at the moment ), will miss entire postseason. A postseason without Vin is like baseball without bats.
As odd as it sounds that crushing news. Just bad news to hear from a hero of mine...Well a lot of people but I was planning on watching the series on an LA channel if he wasn't in the local broadcasting booth.
Total bummer. I really don't have a lot of feeling about the Dodgers vs Mets series to begin with, I'm not pumped, excited, just hollow. From a month ago till recently I wanted to see it, I wanted the memory of the 88 series vs the Mets to be talked about...The whole shebang.

Not sure, I was happy NY was knocked out. Now it's like the season is over.

You brought up something earlier about knowing NYY fans who live in NY. All, I mean all the ones I know are Met fans. I talk to one who lives there every few weeks and he's all about the Yankee hate. If I didn't know any better I would think no one in NY actually likes NYY.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Gritt wrote:
Machado wrote:
killeverything wrote:
Are you saying nobody can be a fan of ARod anymore? FUCK THAT!
Giants fans cheer for Bonds
McGwire gets a pass in Oakland and St. Louis

ARod did his time. And he returned this year and exceeded expectations set about by the expert critics.

The entire PED debate is a joke. Players that are currently in the HOF
used their form of PED's and nobody seems to argue against them remaining in the HOF, or having their personal stats erased.

HYPOCRITICAL!!!

In the late 90's and through the mid 2000's, every single team that was contending or won a WS title included players that were abusing PED's.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote:And a fan of a team that led the Mitchell report. The only fucking Yankees that weren't on there or suspected was Jeter, Rivera, and Williams.

Machado don't live in reality, he lives in a plastic bubble. Funny how he'll jump on anyone and everyone from strike zones to PED's to air out of a football but when it comes to his teams they're innocent and can do no wrong. It's like he's tied to Aroid and the Yankees with an umbilical cord.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

UtahRatt wrote:
killeverything wrote:And a fan of a team that led the Mitchell report. The only fucking Yankees that weren't on there or suspected was Jeter, Rivera, and Williams.

Machado don't live in reality, he lives in a plastic bubble. Funny how he'll jump on anyone and everyone from strike zones to PED's to air out of a football but when it comes to his teams they're innocent and can do no wrong. It's like he's tied to Aroid and the Yankees with an umbilical cord.
The problem is the baseball PED situation is HYPOCRITICAL.
Bud turned a blind eye to the situation and will deny until he dies.
At the same time Bud was not looking, the league prospered, owners made a lot of money and so did the players.
Whenever a baseball player is busted for PED use, he is thrown into the fire but also his hometown fans support the player to no end.
Get with the program!
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

So Matardo can rip Beltre but we call out Aroid and we are wrong.

Matardo can say he's putting his money on the Pirates and when I laugh at him and call him a dipshit for that pick, he says he wasn't wrong.

Clearly he needs help.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:ARod did his time.
No, he didn't, he was supposed to be banned for life. Money put him back on the field not justice, if there was justice he'd be behind bars not to mention he's still a lying POS.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Gritt wrote:So Matardo can rip Beltre but we call out Aroid and we are wrong.

Matardo can say he's putting his money on the Pirates and when I laugh at him and call him a dipshit for that pick, he says he wasn't wrong.

Clearly he needs help.
Show me where I said accusing or ripping ARod for PED is wrong?
Can you show me that?
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

The reason Aroid catches more best is because he's such a douche. The ball slap against Boston, the yelling I GOT IT as he was running bases, and then going out on TV multiple times saying he didn't use PEDs only to get caught not once, but twice? He's a fucking weasel and it only makes sense that you like him. He's a delusional idiot like you are, Matardo.
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

Machado wrote:
Gritt wrote:So Matardo can rip Beltre but we call out Aroid and we are wrong.

Clearly he needs help.
Show me where I said accusing or ripping ARod for PED is wrong?
Can you show me that?
But you can rip Beltre for PED usage? Has Beltre ever been proven to have used PEDs?
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Gritt wrote:The reason Aroid catches more best is because he's such a douche. The ball slap against Boston, the yelling I GOT IT as he was running bases, and then going out on TV multiple times saying he didn't use PEDs only to get caught not once, but twice? He's a fucking weasel and it only makes sense that you like him. He's a delusional idiot like you are, Matardo.
You are so dumb. The reason I cheer for ARod is because he's on the Yankees. How does that fact not resonate in your thick skull?

You are so weak. I bet you were that 3rd baseman when you played ball that was terrified of any pitch that looked inside. You were that kid who cried whenever the opposing player heckled you. YOU'RE SOFT!
The "i got it" was a good play. The Jays player needed to catch the ball. He had one job.

Last buy not least, ARod catches or caught a lot of shit because he was the highest paid player in the game. With that status comes a lot of criticism. When you factor in he never won a WS until 2009, more reason for players and fans to be jealous of his play on the field and wealth.
The Red Sox were so close to obtaining him. And he was playing in Boston, those fans would have cheered him just as much as they cheer for Manny, Ortiz, etc...
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

So you just blindly cheer for a person no matter how reprehensible they are just because they are on "your team"? You go ahead and cheer for guys like Aroid and Greg Hardy. Maybe your teams can see if OJ, Rae Carruth, Ray Rice, and Pete Rose are available since you don't give a shit what kind of person they are. Just throw on my team's uniform and they are a ok with me.

You're a fucking chimp.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:The reason I cheer for ARod is because he's on the Yankees. How does that fact not resonate in your thick skull?
You cheer for ARoId because you're a fanatical teenager. Normal fans and humans in general would be embarrassed that the face of PED's plays for their team. Because ARoId is and embarrasment.
Soak that into your thick skull.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

UtahRatt wrote:
Machado wrote:The reason I cheer for ARod is because he's on the Yankees. How does that fact not resonate in your thick skull?
You cheer for ARoId because you're a fanatical teenager. Normal fans and humans in general would be embarrassed that the face of PED's plays for their team. Because ARoId is and embarrasment.
Soak that into your thick skull.
Nitt and Utah share the same brain.
GOT IT!

Anyway, ARod did his time. He sat out for 1 entire year. What more do you want from the guy?
What is a normal fan? Please explain that to the masses here.
Why should I be embarrassed about ARod and his PED use? If anything I wish I had his bank account.
I don't care that he abused PED's to gain an advantage. All I want to know is if the team won that day or not. Bottom line.
An average fan is going to cheer for the players no matter what they do.
Every other fan of MLB cheers against ARod but you know what, the actually turned somewhat because ARod played well this year, the fans like a good comeback story and more and more fans don't care about the PED situation because that subject is very hypocritical.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

I'm from SF. I grew up a Giants fan and completely abandoned them when Bonds became the Incredible Hulk overnight ( I was pissed Clark was gone too ).

It helped I lived in Boston when I was a kid and they were my AL team. My favorite players growing up was Clark, Clemens, an Jr. I even stuck with Rajah when he was in NY. I used to argue vehemently that Clemens was clean. When he was popped I got rid of all memorabalia I had. Fuck him and all the cheats.

I still have a ball signed by Ortiz, Manny, Damon, Schilling, Millar, and Varitek. Even though Fuck Manny, I'm not parting with that.

I'm not sure Ortiz used. He was flagged on the Mitchell report because his screening was inconclusive. He hasn't been popped since. We know of 4 Asteriskrod incidents. That's a HUGE difference. That piece of shit should be banned for life and he's used it his WHOLE career.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:All I want to know is if the team won that day or not. Bottom line.
Yankees 0 Houston 3

AROID 0 for 4, 2SO, 3 LEFT ON BASE .000BA

There's your answer, now you know.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Fuck the yankees they're out of the playoffs! See ya next year!

THE PLAYOFF ARE GOING! Recap and clean this shit up.

Rangers beat Price in TOR; 3 sluggers hurt! Price has yet to win a playoff game and got rocked 5IP 5ER

Texas 5 Toronto 3 F

BAM!

---------------
*update*
Leading 3-1 before the Rain Delay in the top of the 3rd after 49 minutes they rolled the tarps so Houston could finish what they started.

Houston 5 Royals 2

BAM!

After hearing jabber all fucking year about the Cubs and how young they are and this great season the kids are having like it's the March of Dimes...
I'd like to take this chance to give props to the young, years ahead of schedule Houston Astros. I'm officially an AL Astro fan for the playoffs unless they happen to run into the Dodgers which is highly unlikely. I've always liked Houston, it was not only awesome to watch them steam roll the Yankees out of the Wild Card but to come back and take game 1 from the Royals. Go Stro's. I still have a Juiced Rookie Bagwell card.

"Perhaps they don't know better. Maybe the Astros, behind a starting lineup Thursday night of nothing but players younger than 30, aren't aware that they're not supposed to treat the pressures of the postseason like a trip to the candy store."
"The surprising Astros pulled off another clutch win by riding six strong innings from right-hander Collin McHugh and homers by George Springer and Colby Rasmus to stun last year's American League pennant-winning Royals, 5-2, at Kauffman Stadium in Game 1 of the AL Division Series."
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

And what's with Baseball scheduling? I guess everyone has no problem taking Friday off? It's not like Detroit made the playoffs where no one has a job.

4 Fucking games on a Friday? From 10:30am non stop till probably 10:30PM and the planet can just take off work and life to get in what would be a great weekend.

Mountain Time 12:30PM to 9:30PM
10:30AM Rangers vs Blue Jays
1:30PM Astros vs Royals
4:30PM Cubs vs Cards
7:30PM Dodgers vs Mets

A lot of drunk Mets fans are going to be running around at Midnight.

Then to top it off, 2 games on Saturday and Sunday only to get....4 more Games on Monday again!

That's if there's not a sweep in the American League. Was the schedule done by the post office? I guess federal employees will get to watch all the games with Columbus Day off while the real world fucks off. I have stuff on Friday and Monday to do, thanks MLB, all the way up with a red hot poker.

Seriously, WTF? I can't be the only one who thinks it's screwy. It starts with the stupid Wild Card, one game and go home while the winner goes on without the ability to start their Ace but who the hell does this shit?
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

After standing back and taking a bigger look, as mentioned before, The Wild Card in it's 4th season can suck a dick. It's thrown me off each year.

Beginning with scheduling conflicts and tiebreaker games. A cunt hair from one this year. In 2013 Tampa tied and had one game to beat The Rangers and ONE WC game to beat the Tribe just to get a shot at Boston who was sitting there waiting to spank them. Then other shit like messing up your starters and pitchers used for the WC, if you win you're forced to start your 2nd or 3rd vs their 1st. It worked out fine tonight but it's still a wave of matches up from that point on.

The WC puts more pitchers on short rest, even back to the last week of the regular season just to get to the ONE game adds more risk for injuries but it don't end there. How about the Cub's. I'm truly not a fan or hater of either team but....look at that game.

Honestly would any team have a chance against Arrieta? Pittsburgh chased the Cardinals and held onto 2nd place all season with 98WINS just so they could face that one pitcher in the league, Mr Lights out, unbeatable since August and go home. Sounds like a fair deal?
Win 98 games and if you can beat the hottest pitcher in baseball in your last game you can move on. Forget about facing the team, face their pitcher and go home. A Cubs vs Pirates series would have been great instead we got a one game shutout, another beautiful performance and go home.
At least NY had their rested Ace vs a short rested Stro's Ace, but again, one game and go home.

In 4 years of the new format only one NL team with the better record or home field has won and went on, The 2013 94W Pirates beat the 90W Reds...Unlike The Cardnals 88wins beat the Braves 94wins 2012.

The Pirates have played in 3 out of the 4 WC games, 1W 2L. Two years in a row the Pirates with home field, lost, you're out. The WC also fucks with momentum, give and takes.

Most importantly.....In most cases any team can beat any team on any given day in baseball. To see who's the better team there's a reason teams have always played a series in the regular season and playoffs from the beginning of time. Not one game.
Unless they end the season with a tying record which is fair, it's equal. Both teams played the full season and ended up with the same record and earned that one game in the old format.

-------------------------------------

Amway, games start in just over an hour. I wonder how many people will watch 4 games today let alone be able too.

Has anyone thought the TBS or ESPN announcers suck or am I the only one.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Everyone hates the announcers. Especially Joe Buck.

Here's a good one.

Fuck Joe Buck.

I'm for the original WC. The 88 win Cards was wacky, but until there is a salary cap where teams like NYY, LAD, BOS, etc. can't outbid everyone, it maintains the competitive balance.

The 2nd WC I'm not too sure on. Currently I don't like it for the reasons you've stated. As I've also stated earlier, it's absurd a 100 win team could get knocked out because a bunch of yahoos from KC got hot.

I get that it makes baseball more exciting and although it has been rising in the ratings, American football is a sport designed for TV so it's hard to compete.

I'm just currently not sold on it. I love the first WC though, it evens the playing field. I'm also not fond of the the DS being only 5 games. That should be 7, especially with the addition of the 2nd WC.

I'm gonna be tuning into games on my laptop and phone throughout the day. I still think it sucks with the scheduling though. We've got a good season. Who saw TX taking over the West, much less beating Price in game 1?

UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote:Everyone hates the announcers. Especially Joe Buck.

I'm for the original WC. The 88 win Cards was wacky, but until there is a salary cap where teams like NYY, LAD, BOS, etc. can't outbid everyone, it maintains the competitive balance.

The 2nd WC I'm not too sure on. Currently I don't like it for the reasons you've stated. As I've also stated earlier, it's absurd a 100 win team could get knocked out because a bunch of yahoos from KC got hot.

I get that it makes baseball more exciting and although it has been rising in the ratings, American football is a sport designed for TV so it's hard to compete.

I'm just currently not sold on it. I love the first WC though, it evens the playing field. I'm also not fond of the the DS being only 5 games. That should be 7, especially with the addition of the 2nd WC.

I'm gonna be tuning into games on my laptop and phone throughout the day. I still think it sucks with the scheduling though. We've got a good season. Who saw TX taking over the West, much less beating Price in game 1?
Funny as hell, I just got home, turn on the TV and the first sentence I hear is............

"And with the Cub's they had to put Arrieta out there to win the WC and that pushes him back to probably 3rd in the Divisional"

Call it ironic, good timing or I'm not the only one who has a problem with the double WC new format. It bugs me big time and will continue to hate it until they figure out a series or go back to the normal playoffs.

So it's the 8th, Texas 3 Toronto 4, looks like it's been a great game I've missed and I'll be in and out missing most of the games today thanks to the stupid all day Friday Baseball extravaganza. Monday's going to be more of the same. Nice scheduling jerkoffs.

What keeps tripping me out with Texas is hearing Delino DeShields name called who just got on first. Every time I hear that name I want to find the Son's phone number and ask him if he knows his Dad was apart of the worst trade in MLB history.

GAME TIED! Nap just singled in Delino from 2b to tie the game at 4 each. Delino comes up limping as he crossed the plate

That Joe Buck pic is a classic. I'd rather listen to a nursery room full of crying babies.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

UtahRatt wrote: That Joe Buck pic is a classic. I'd rather listen to a nursery room full of crying babies.
Now let's not get carried away.

Fuck Joe Buck, but I hate children more.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

UtahRatt wrote:
killeverything wrote:Everyone hates the announcers. Especially Joe Buck.

Funny as hell, I just got home, turn on the TV and the first sentence I hear is............

"And with the Cub's they had to put Arrieta out there to win the WC and that pushes him back to probably 3rd in the Divisional"

Call it ironic, good timing or I'm not the only one who has a problem with the double WC new format. It bugs me big time and will continue to hate it until they figure out a series or go back to the normal playoffs.

So it's the 8th, Texas 3 Toronto 4, looks like it's been a great game I've missed and I'll be in and out missing most of the games today thanks to the stupid all day Friday Baseball extravaganza. Monday's going to be more of the same. Nice scheduling jerkoffs.

What keeps tripping me out with Texas is hearing Delino DeShields name called who just got on first. Every time I hear that name I want to find the Son's phone number and ask him if he knows his Dad was apart of the worst trade in MLB history.

GAME TIED! Nap just singled in Delino from 2b to tie the game at 4 each. Delino comes up limping as he crossed the plate

That Joe Buck pic is a classic. I'd rather listen to a nursery room full of crying babies.
The only way to fix the playoff format(if it even needs to be fixed) is to shorten the regular by at least 8 games.
Since we all know the Owners would never agree to that, well I think the format as it stands now is just fine.
The 1 game WC play in game is perfect. Who cares if the Pirates once again we bounced in the 1 game playoffs. Who cares if they reached 98 wins and did not win the division.
Next time win 99 games or more and win the division so you don't have to play in the 1 games takes all.
Decades ago there was no playoff. There have been many 2nd place teams that didn't get to advance. They were sent home. Whether they won 98 games or not, 2nd place was the first loser. Nothing else to play for.

Since the Pirates were bounced I hear some fans who want the format to change, B.S.! Sorry Pittsburgh, but you did not do well enough and even though you had another chance to advance, you failed there as well.
What more do you want? A free pass to the WS. NOPE! Earn that. Just like 2 teams do every single season.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Jays down 0-2 and the MVP thinks he hits a walk off, admires the batted ball, only to see the ball land foul.
Immediately after the Rangers pitcher barks at Donaldson and the Jays MVP yells curse words back at him.

Seems to me like the Jays are the Pirates of the AL. Getting frustrating over losing and also losing focus.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Who the fuck are the Rangers?

I had Toronto going all the way to the WS. I mean it's not over yet, but I figured this would be a sweep for the Jays.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

So I just get home again, turn on the TV and the Ranger game was still going and I'm like fuck I thought I was gone for a couple hours. Then I see it's the 14th!

Rangers 6 Blue Jay's 4 F/14!

How the fuck are the Rangers up 2 to 0 on Toronto in Toronto? Dam, didn't see this one coming, Texas has fight in them because the Jay's looked more like a team just hanging on. Price might have been a key getting them there but folding in game 1 might have set the tone?
Price 1W 6L 4.79ERA , 0W 6L in 6 starts and 11 Post Season Games....With Tampa and Detroit I thought things would look different on this sold team Toronto put together. If he get's another shot I'm pulling for him to show up, he's a better pitcher then that. But I like Texas as well. More shocked the Jay's are down 0-2 at home.

What a good game...I missed most of it. The final inning was great. A few notes.

Was it me of was the strike zone like a lava lamp, the home Plate ump SUCKED! That Tulowitziki SO call in the 14th was a bad pitch then all those high Strikes above the shoulders earlier and this is shit I only seen from watching a few innings, but in that short time there was some really bad calls.

Prince Fielder, god love him for falling over the fence out of the dugout trying to get that cupcake at the end of the game. Weight Watchers buddy, Please!

Ohlendorf's got the save, what a wind up to watch huh? The announcers were all over it, talk about old school. Haven't seen anything like that in a long time, not sure if anyone throws that way today. Taking the ball out of his glove During the wind up? He blanked um 3SO...With a little ump help.

----------------------------------------

Then I switch over and the Astros game was already into late innings so I missed most of that game.

Royals 5 Astros 4 F

Looks like they lost with 2ER out of that pen in the 6th. I don't see an error but watched someone hit one off the wall that CF Marisnick bobbled that turned what I thought was a double into a triple that ended up a run for KC...I'll have to see a replay.
I see Kazmir only made it 5.1IP which isn't good with the Stro's pen. Of course because of the WC game Houston is on they're their 3rd or 4th starter? If they could have taken this one the AL West and the state of Texas would be sitting pretty.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

WTG Mattingly, yank Clayton and let Baez give up the hit for Clayton's runs.
Moron. The announcers didn't agree either not that I give a fuck.
First I hated the line up card going in.....Team RISP 1 for 8. Good games.
Second thing they said was, well they could pull him now so Mattingly could use him on short rest. :lol:

He was already at 113 and not happy about being yanked, let him work out of the only jam he was in, Don fucking sucks.

Met's have a good team.