Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by Machado »

MLB Commish office and MLB officials who decided against hearing the appeal today are GUTLESS.
Those in charge have no spine. Aren't all the involved parties already in NYC? Yes they are so what is the issue with not having the hearing?
Where is Rob Manfred? Is he aware the playoffs have begun and the season has not yet ended?

IMO, the play was dirty. IMO, whether or not Tejada suffered a broken leg the play was dirty. Utley had one goal in mind and that was to break up the DP, regardless of where Tejada was on the field.
Vettehead2006
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Vettehead2006 »

Loved the Utley play. What a bunch of whiney little bitches New Yorkers are. Utley could've just as easily been seriously hurt on that play.

Fuck that David Wright asshole too.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:MLB Commish office and MLB officials who decided against hearing the appeal today are GUTLESS.
Those in charge have no spine. Aren't all the involved parties already in NYC? Yes they are so what is the issue with not having the hearing?
Where is Rob Manfred? Is he aware the playoffs have begun and the season has not yet ended?

IMO, the play was dirty. IMO, whether or not Tejada suffered a broken leg the play was dirty. Utley had one goal in mind and that was to break up the DP, regardless of where Tejada was on the field.
So they have the time and ability to review the play and make the decision to suspend Utley during the most important part of baseball in the playoffs but they don't have the time and ability to review the appeal? Good Games.

Dirty? Of course Utley was trying to break up the double play just like EVERY runner on first is taught and does when a ground ball is hit. Except Utley is a hell of a lot more old school hard nose. It was a late slide but he still was attempting to and would have slapped the base if it wasn't for the collision.

Only reason it turned out so ugly because it was the perfect storm. Tejada took a late flip, the flip was at a bad angle, Tejada's back was turned away from the runner and he was twisting towards 1st base at the same time..Then you add in Utley's take out and it all combined for a rough hit and broken leg. To me it's uglier then it looks, you see almost the same play every game.

Now picture...
If the flip got there faster at a better angle and Tejada was in normal position, he would have jumped Utley on the throw and fell to the ground on the take out just like every typical DP.

My deal with Utley is he didn't have to go in as hard because I don't think Tejada was going to make the DP regardless. It's not like Utley is fast, if he's on top of you before you can get close to throwing the ball, he's not gonna get the out at first.

Tejada broken leg is a freak accident. Utley's slide was hard nose that wouldn't be a big issue if Tejada walked away. If it was 10 years ago it still wouldn't be a big deal but into today's sports with all the concussion hype and home play collisions, every injury is under a microscope when it use to be part of the game.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

The injury to Posey several years ago has the game changing when it comes to collisions, injuries, etc.
Yes Utley is old school. Yes the play is magnified because the SS suffered a broken leg, but the play should still be removed from the game. Slide to the base, slide before you reach the base and forget about being able to reach the bag with at least 1 hand.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Vettehead2006 wrote:Loved the Utley play. What a bunch of whiney little bitches New Yorkers are. Utley could've just as easily been seriously hurt on that play.

I'm starting to lean that way and still absorbing it but feel it's uglier then it looks, a freak accident, bad luck, bad timing. Utley took a blunt of the shot as well. Playing and watching when someone got hurt that's how we always looked at it.....That sucks, not OMFG.
I guess it's just a different game today, no more home plate collisions, no more breaking up double plays and no more routine outs with replay spotting that cunt hair foot off the side of the bag, now you have to step on it.

Tejada's back turned, twisting on the late flip is just as much a factor as the slide. That play happens in every game, you're going to get a freak play lotto injury out of the thousand take outs each year. But we're going to have to accept all the changes.

Football is a different game, baseball is changing, hockey is still hard nose but have taken out the unnecessary violence.

I just watching Darrius Heyward-Bey go up for a catch and get his leg's taken out on the tackle and you could loop the play over Tejada's. Apples to oranges but the point is, if Tejada got the flip and was in the right position it would be considered a good take out to break up the double play.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

UtahRatt wrote:
Vettehead2006 wrote:Loved the Utley play. What a bunch of whiney little bitches New Yorkers are. Utley could've just as easily been seriously hurt on that play.

I'm starting to lean that way and still absorbing it but feel it's uglier then it looks, a freak accident, bad luck, bad timing. Utley took a blunt of the shot as well. Playing and watching when someone got hurt that's how we always looked at it.....That sucks, not OMFG.
I guess it's just a different game today, no more home plate collisions, no more breaking up double plays and no more routine outs with replay spotting that cunt hair foot off the side of the bag, now you have to step on it.

Tejada's back turned, twisting on the late flip is just as much a factor as the slide. That play happens in every game, you're going to get a freak play lotto injury out of the thousand take outs each year. But we're going to have to accept all the changes.

Football is a different game, baseball is changing, hockey is still hard nose but have taken out the unnecessary violence.

I just watching Darrius Heyward-Bey go up for a catch and get his leg's taken out on the tackle and you could loop the play over Tejada's. Apples to oranges but the point is, if Tejada got the flip and was in the right position it would be considered a good take out to break up the double play.
Utley took a knee to the helmet. We have all seen similar plays where the runner would have suffered a concussion due to taking a hit to the helmet.
That might have sufficed, given that Tejada suffered a broken leg.

Will be interesting to see what happens in ST 2016 when the two teams meet. Utley should expect more than 1 fastball up and in.
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

I don't think he should have been suspended. Just let him have to stand in at the plate and hope he is quick enough to get out of the way of the receipts comin his way.
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:The injury to Posey several years ago has the game changing when it comes to collisions, injuries, etc.
Yes Utley is old school. Yes the play is magnified because the SS suffered a broken leg, but the play should still be removed from the game. Slide to the base, slide before you reach the base and forget about being able to reach the bag with at least 1 hand.
If they take it out and make it a rule....Whatever at this point.

I just don't like the idea and can't imagine baseball where there's no more breaking up the double play.

All I wished is Tejada was in the normal position, the DP wasn't going to happen either way but if Tejada was facing the running like normal this conversation, his injury and all the news wouldn't be happening.

Posey may have got the ball rolling but this is going to add more lines to the rule book.
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

Somewhere Ray Fosse sheds a tear.
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

UtahRatt wrote:
Machado wrote:The injury to Posey several years ago has the game changing when it comes to collisions, injuries, etc.

I just don't like the idea and can't imagine baseball where there's no more breaking up the double play.

All I wished is Tejada was in the normal position, the DP wasn't going to happen either way but if Tejada was facing the running like normal this conversation, his injury and all the news wouldn't be happening.

Posey may have got the ball rolling but this is going to add more lines to the rule book.
Glad you mentioned how the DP was not going to happen. I have been thinking the very same. If Tejada was smart he would have ate the ball and accepted the one out. I guess being that it was the playoffs, he tried extra hard to make a play and paid a heavy price as a result. Sometime as an IF you have to accept the play is over, take the one out and live to play another inning.

I still believe that breaking up the DP will be allowed. Only change is the runner must slide to the base, just like they do in college ball.
No more sliding several feet to either side of the base & reaching for the bag with one hand. Fuck that!
Either break up the DP or injure the guy. The runner can't have it both ways.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Dodgers 7 Mets 13

LAD got spanked.

Harvey pitched less innings and tossed a worse game then Clayton but got the Win. Guess there's more to that whole loozer thing then stats and a W. Kind of helps when you get 13 run support.

Baez who blew Kershaw's game. 0.0 1H 3R 3ER 2BB

Good games Mattingly.
johnk5150
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by johnk5150 »

Dear idiot Cubs fans. You have gambled the Cubs into favorites to win the WS. Way to jinx your team.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Post by killeverything »

johnk5150 wrote:Dear idiot Cubs fans. You have gambled the Cubs into favorites to win the WS. Way to jinx your team.
I wear my atheism on my sleeve, but being a baseball fan I'm highly superstitious. To be fair, I seem to recall you not believing they would make it this far. I get that that also goes with the territory for being a Cubs fan though.
UtahRatt wrote:

After much thought and consideration I hope they don't change anything. Yeah, it was an asshole move, but you're supposed to be an asshole. Save the "everybody play safe and let's have a good game" shit for the Y or Little League. At least then you get pizza.

It's the Goddamn playoffs. Take a motherfucker out. Have pizza.

*ETA

The Astros can suck my left nut for not taking out KC. Although we got to see the moronic Texas Governor ( holy redundant statement, Batman ) make an ass out of himself over it. That's always good for a chuckle. Like laughing at Kentucky residents.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Rob Manfred is filling in for Bud Selig like a champ.

The hearing on Chase Utley has been pushed back until Monday. After the
NLDS series is over.
How convenient Rob. Not forced to make a tough decision until after the series. If the Dodgers are eliminated, you won't have to suspend an active player during the playoffs.

:roll:
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:Rob Manfred is filling in for Bud Selig like a champ.

The hearing on Chase Utley has been pushed back until Monday. After the
NLDS series is over.
How convenient Rob. Not forced to make a tough decision until after the series. If the Dodgers are eliminated, you won't have to suspend an active player during the playoffs.

:roll:
Conveniently, they didn't want an incident in NYMMMM.

See ya in LA. Kershaw 7IP 3H 1ER 8SO

Thanks for leaving him in this time Mattingly, ass hoe.

Nice UMP and check swing on a tipped ball and a full swing called safe.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

What was Price doing pitching in game 4, in relief with a 8-1 lead?
Gibbons has lost his mind. Can Price be counted on in game 5?
Why did they pay all that money for Price? So he could pitch in relief instead of game 5? :lol: :lol:
Mazerati
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Mazerati »

Things are shaping up for the Cubs Greinke has to go Thursday and if they win it could be Arrieta vs LA's crap for game 1
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

How will the NLCS work with the Cubs having the better record?

Rizzos HR just landed.

$tevil
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

johnk5150 wrote:How will the NLCS work with the Cubs having the better record?

Rizzos HR just landed.
I believe they have homefield, but I'm not positive.
Mazerati

Post by Mazerati »

killeverything wrote:

Rizzos HR just landed.
The Dodgers and Mets have home field because the Cubs are a wild card
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

killeverything wrote:

Rizzos HR just landed.
670 the Score just said Mets or Dodgers will have home field. 97 wins and they're the away team. Bummer.

$tevil
Cyd
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Cyd »

I TOLD you the Cubs were hell bent for leather. Moving rapidly with determination. Didn't I tell ya? Those home runs last night against the best pitchers we have. I could just die, no more baseball here till next year. Cub fan hoisted a sign in the stands last night at Wrigley Field, "We're partying like it's 1908."

In the movie "Back to the Future," it's supposed to be (2015) and a newspaper headline reads "Cubbies take the World Series in 5." I read that on FB.

Hope I can brag on Cardinals here next year in post season again. Much more fun to gloat than be a loser. All I can do about it now is SHOP.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Bighole wrote:I TOLD you the Cubs were hell bent for leather. Moving rapidly with determination. Didn't I tell ya? Those home runs last night against the best pitchers we have. I could just die, no more baseball here till next year. Cub fan hoisted a sign in the stands last night at Wrigley Field, "We're partying like it's 1908."

Hope I can brag on Cardinals here next year in post season again. Much more fun to gloat than be a loser. All I can do about it now is SHOP.
It only took 7900 home games to clinch a series at Wrigley.

$tevil
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Heard a brief interview w/Eddie Vedder from I believe last nights game. He said PJ is touring later this month so he won't have the opportunity to see the WS. Eddie also said he will make sure PJ does not tour this time of year next year and the year after. So that he can be available to watch the team play.
You can tell he's a big fan. Do Cubs fans accept his presence or could they care less since Eddie grew up in So Cal?
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

johnk5150 wrote:
Bighole wrote:I TOLD you the Cubs were hell bent for leather. Moving rapidly with determination. Didn't I tell ya? Those home runs last night against the best pitchers we have. I could just die, no more baseball here till next year. Cub fan hoisted a sign in the stands last night at Wrigley Field, "We're partying like it's 1908."

It could be worse. It could've taken 7901.

If they win this year, Theo will have a "messiah" status. When his contract with Chicago is up ( 8 years? ) he said he wouldn't mind returning to Boston since that's his hometown, but if he brings a trophy to Chicago that dude will probably end up getting offers for Asteriskrod type money.

Think about it. That would be amazing.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

12 years ago today!
wickedsensation
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by wickedsensation »

killeverything wrote:
johnk5150 wrote:

It could be worse. It could've taken 7901.

If they win this year, Theo will have a "messiah" status. When his contract with Chicago is up ( 8 years? ) he said he wouldn't mind returning to Boston since that's his hometown, but if he brings a trophy to Chicago that dude will probably end up getting offers for Asteriskrod type money.

Think about it. That would be amazing.
Epstein's contract is up after the 2016 year, but the rumor is that he'll sign another 5 year deal soon. Ricketts is going to have to pay him more than what LA is paying Friedman!
uptheass wrote:the best ownings are yet to come
Itwalksamongus wrote:We were young and dumb and full of cum so we would take turns in the back of the van jacking each other off. It wasn't gay - it was out of necessity. Things were a lot different back then.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

There aren't a lot of executives in the HOF but if he wins in Boston AND Chicago he's a mortal lock.

$tevil
Mazerati

Post by Mazerati »

Machado wrote:Heard a brief interview w/Eddie Vedder from I believe last nights game. He said PJ is touring later this month so he won't have the opportunity to see the WS. Eddie also said he will make sure PJ does not tour this time of year next year and the year after. So that he can be available to watch the team play.
You can tell he's a big fan. Do Cubs fans accept his presence or could they care less since Eddie grew up in So Cal?
I'm a die hard Cub fan but I fucking hate Pearl Jam and swear every time they show Vedder on tv
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Schilling once again puts egg on his face. This man does not learn. Does he have CTE? Nothing else can explain how dumb he is. Another unfunny joke Curt.