The Never Ending MMA thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Re: The Never Ending MMA thread

Post by yeahbuddy »

I was listening to a podcast & the lady that runs Invicta said they have a hard time getting fights for Cyborg because she is so dominant. She said other fighters in her weight class will sign with other promotions like Bellator so they don't have to fight her.
pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by pieceofme »

yeahbuddy wrote:I was listening to a podcast & the lady that runs Invicta said they have a hard time getting fights for Cyborg because she is so dominant. She said other fighters in her weight class will sign with other promotions like Bellator so they don't have to fight her.
Yeah that Russian girl she beat last week was awful. Just kept holding on to her at the side of the cage, but doing f all. The less said about her attempted punches the better!
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

pieceofme wrote:
yeahbuddy wrote:I was listening to a podcast & the lady that runs Invicta said they have a hard time getting fights for Cyborg because she is so dominant. She said other fighters in her weight class will sign with other promotions like Bellator so they don't have to fight her.
Yeah that Russian girl she beat last week was awful. Just kept holding on to her at the side of the cage, but doing f all. The less said about her attempted punches the better!
The russian wanted that fight. She thought she had the gameplan to beat Cyborg. Obviously not.
I love Cyborg's reaction while the russian was trying to take her down.
That knock out was a thing of beauty. I've watched the fight at least 5 times & the K.O. happens so fast & out of nowhere it was crazy.
I went to the fight & people LOVE Cyborg.
How about the straw weight championship fight?
That Brazilian girl would give Joanna Champion of the UFC a run for her money. My guess is she'll have one maybe two more fights in Invicta & get fast tracked to fight Joanna.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

Cain drops out of fight because of injuries (what a surprise).
Replacement booked & Werdum drops out a day later claiming injuries as well.
What the ?!?!
TexasSpeeder
Playing Frat Parties

Post by TexasSpeeder »

Looks like Barnett might step in. These heavyweights seem to be always injured. I read somewhere McGregor has fought more in the last two year the Cain in his career.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

TexasSpeeder wrote:Looks like Barnett might step in. These heavyweights seem to be always injured. I read somewhere McGregor has fought more in the last two year the Cain in his career.
Yeah,
he's trying to get it, but don't know if the UFC will go for it.
I agree with others that Werdum should be stripped of his title.
He was okay to fight Cain, but when opponent changes he bails
out because of supposed injuries. That doesn't fly.
Boy, the heavyweight division has become a cluster fuck huh?
brotherplanet
Show Me Your Dick

Post by brotherplanet »

Conor McGregor takes over the UFC 197 on-sale press conference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPsM2AbtrwI
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

This weekend's fight is such a weak card.
Even when Werdum/Cain was on it it was weak.
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

Post by EddieVanHeineken »

yeahbuddy wrote:
pieceofme wrote:
The russian wanted that fight. She thought she had the gameplan to beat Cyborg. Obviously not.
I love Cyborg's reaction while the russian was trying to take her down.
That knock out was a thing of beauty. I've watched the fight at least 5 times & the K.O. happens so fast & out of nowhere it was crazy.
I went to the fight & people LOVE Cyborg.
How about the straw weight championship fight?
That Brazilian girl would give Joanna Champion of the UFC a run for her money. My guess is she'll have one maybe two more fights in Invicta & get fast tracked to fight Joanna.

People talk about 135 being a shallow division for women in minimizing Rousey's dominance. 145 is even worse. Aside from Cyroid and Marloes Coenen, 145 is made up of soccer moms and MMA moonlighters.
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
to increase the population
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

Loved watching Hendricks get destroyed. I was worried this was going to be Wonderboy getting taken down over and over again. Once he stopped the first takedown attempt, he put on a striking clinic . Awesome. I hope he gets to fight for title, but would love to see him and Condit go at it.
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

EddieVanHeineken wrote:Loved watching Hendricks get destroyed. I was worried this was going to be Wonderboy getting taken down over and over again. Once he stopped the first takedown attempt, he put on a striking clinic . Awesome. I hope he gets to fight for title, but would love to see him and Condit go at it.
They gotta give Wonderboy the title shot. That was sick!

He was so precise in his striking. And once Big Rig failed in that first take down you could see he gave up on it & had no answers whatsoever. And when Wonderboy landed that first kick, you could see the air was let out of Hendrick's balloon & the end was near.

Remember when Hendricks had one punch knock out power? Whatever happened to that guy?

My guess is Lawlor/Wonderboy gets booked for 200.
And if Holly Holm takes out Meisha Tate with no injuries it
will be Holly vs Cyborg at a catch weight of 140. And if Jones
can take Cormier out with no injuries in April, we will see Jones
vs Johnson on the same card.

Other than what Wonderboy did, this card was a big pile of crap.

It was a shitty card to begin with even if the heavyweight fight didn't get cancelled.

Wonderboy vs Rory McDonald would be an interesting fight.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

EddieVanHeineken wrote:Loved watching Hendricks get destroyed. I was worried this was going to be Wonderboy getting taken down over and over again. Once he stopped the first takedown attempt, he put on a striking clinic . Awesome. I hope he gets to fight for title, but would love to see him and Condit go at it.
Why?

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

yeahbuddy wrote: Remember when Hendricks had one punch knock out power? Whatever happened to that guy?
GSP was on to something. He would never come out and say it, but that is a huge reason why he wanted the WADA testing in his fight with Johny. If you look at all his comments on the situation, including Dana's regarding his discussions with GSP, even after the fight, GSP truly believed that Hendricks was on something. Considering Hendricks hasn't KO'd anybody in a few years and he has not looked very good in his past few fights, maybe he was on something.
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

pieceofme wrote:
Why?
Wasn't necessarily about Hendricks...was just really impressed with Wonderboy's performance. Loved watching how accurate and pinpoint he was in beating Hendricks.
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

EddieVanHeineken wrote:
yeahbuddy wrote: Remember when Hendricks had one punch knock out power? Whatever happened to that guy?
GSP was on to something. He would never come out and say it, but that is a huge reason why he wanted the WADA testing in his fight with Johny. If you look at all his comments on the situation, including Dana's regarding his discussions with GSP, even after the fight, GSP truly believed that Hendricks was on something. Considering Hendricks hasn't KO'd anybody in a few years and he has not looked very good in his past few fights, maybe he was on something.
Since 2012. And this is the first time he has been knocked out as well.

Cyber Spirit
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by Cyber Spirit »

pieceofme wrote:
EddieVanHeineken wrote:
Since 2012. And this is the first time he has been knocked out as well.
In all honesty, I don't think Johny could ever land on Wonderboy. Not on last nights performance. In fact I would go as far to say that it was the best performance I have ever seen in the UFC. Wonderboy is MMAs' Roy Jones junior.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Cyber Spirit wrote:
In all honesty, I don't think Johny could ever land on Wonderboy. Not on last nights performance. In fact I would go as far to say that it was the best performance I have ever seen in the UFC. Wonderboy is MMAs' Roy Jones junior.
Man that division is stacked.

yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

I never thought of Hendrick's being on something, but it makes sense.
GSP was throwing someone under the bus without naming names.
I always thought Hendrick's lack of power was because he would train for a 5 rd fight & conserve his energy vs. a 3 rd "let's take the guy out" approach.
I just got sick of all of his whining & missing weight & losing a fight with a total disbelief look on his face.
The way Wonderboy took him out was something special. They have to give him a title shot.
He fights a lot like McGregor. Both are very precise in their striking whether it be punches or kicks.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

yeahbuddy wrote:I never thought of Hendrick's being on something, but it makes sense.
GSP was throwing someone under the bus without naming names.
I always thought Hendrick's lack of power was because he would train for a 5 rd fight & conserve his energy vs. a 3 rd "let's take the guy out" approach.
I just got sick of all of his whining & missing weight & losing a fight with a total disbelief look on his face.
The way Wonderboy took him out was something special. They have to give him a title shot.
He fights a lot like McGregor. Both are very precise in their striking whether it be punches or kicks.
Yeah he should get it.

Tyron Woodley was promised it as well.

One of those two.

pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Or a Condit rematch. Third possibility but the least likely out of the three.

yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

pieceofme wrote:Or a Condit rematch. Third possibility but the least likely out of the three.
Yeah,
one of those 3.
Really no hype behind a Woodly fight. Yeah he was promised a title fight, but things change big time in mma. And another Condit fight would probably be rds 6-10 instead of either fighter doing anything different.

Just from what Wonderboy did the other night & how he did it was something special. All the mma sites I check out with all the predictions maybe 1 person picked him. The other 15 or so had Hendricks.
Plus the style matchup between Wonderboy & Robbie L. would be very very interesting.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

yeahbuddy wrote:
pieceofme wrote:Or a Condit rematch. Third possibility but the least likely out of the three.
Yeah,
one of those 3.
Really no hype behind a Woodly fight. Yeah he was promised a title fight, but things change big time in mma. And another Condit fight would probably be rds 6-10 instead of either fighter doing anything different.

Just from what Wonderboy did the other night & how he did it was something special. All the mma sites I check out with all the predictions maybe 1 person picked him. The other 15 or so had Hendricks.
Plus the style matchup between Wonderboy & Robbie L. would be very very interesting.
Man, I hope Wonderboy would win that. Don't like Robbie L. Think he has been lucky. Condit won that last match imo. Robbie L just seems to do enough to get those decisions.

yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

Man, I hope Wonderboy would win that. Don't like Robbie L. Think he has been lucky. Condit won that last match imo. Robbie L just seems to do enough to get those decisions.
I don't see how they don't make that fight. The only way it doesn't get made is if Robbie L says no. But he doesn't seem like that type of fighter.
One of the things the UFC does good is make fights the fans want to see.
Earl Skakel
Headlining Clubs

Post by Earl Skakel »

RIP to Kevin Randleman as he was one of the reasons I started watching MMA. I don't know how he didn't fare better as his record at 17-16 won't wow anybody but he was one of the first legit wrestlers to cross over and with that look stood out to me. Not many muscle bound black dudes that athletic with bleach blonde hair. 44 man, that's crazy to die that young.

Earl
The Inappropriate Earl Podcast is on Itunes or Soundcloud
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ina ... 96362?mt=2
https://soundcloud.com/inappropriate-earl
http://www.twitter.com/earlskakel
New comedy album out on Itunes under Earl Skakel
burt1098
Headlining Clubs

Post by burt1098 »

yeahbuddy wrote:
I don't see how they don't make that fight. The only way it doesn't get made is if Robbie L says no. But he doesn't seem like that type of fighter.

He might have to wait for Lawler/McGregor now...Lol
IDIAMINDADA wrote:
I had no idea black people played horseshoes.

" It didn't say ya' couldn't...."
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

burt1098 wrote:
yeahbuddy wrote:

He might have to wait for Lawler/McGregor now...Lol
You might be right.
Read today that if McGregor gets past RDA, he will fight Lawler @ 200.
brotherplanet
Show Me Your Dick

Post by brotherplanet »

Ronda Rousey Contemplated Suicide After Loss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGbDxbANCPo
burt1098
Headlining Clubs

Post by burt1098 »

IDIAMINDADA wrote:

yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

burt1098 wrote:dos Anjos out with broken foot?

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/ufc-196-dos- ... or-cerrone
Saw that this morning.
That sucks big time!! What the hell is RDA doing in training?
Jesus!! I was so looking forward to that fight.
The Cowboy Cerrone has talked shit about Conor, and just won a fight
that didn't last more than 2 minutes. He's a gamer as well & in fighting
shape.
Or,
Nate Diaz has talked a lot of shit & that might happen.
They got two weeks to figure it out.
Actually feel bad for McGregor.

Update-
Forgot Cerrone fought at a higher weight so he would have to cut 15-20 pds? Unless McGregor is at that weight now, but I doubt it.
burt1098
Headlining Clubs

Post by burt1098 »

Ferguson and Pettis have both offered to fight now. Cerrone is at 174, offered to drop as much as he could. I'd like to see that fight.

Big disappointment, was really looking forward to dos Anjos fucking him up.
IDIAMINDADA wrote: