Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:Major League II? Um, yeah, I did not watch that sequel. Who did? :o
You're like a chick, skip over an entire conversation because you got stuck on one word or sentence.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

UtahRatt wrote:
Machado wrote:Serious question here for those in the know-Why does Lester have a problem throwing the ball to 1st base?
Just the other day someone bunted, Lester picked up the ball and threw a 2 hopper to 1st base. Not even a good
2 hop throw. It was up the line, headed towards foul territory. I know he's not Steve Blass and he's no Mackey Sasser,
but his condition is inching closer to those 2 former players.

http://m.mlb.com/video/v596760883/colch ... _pk=447042
Lester will end up tossing the ball in the stands is why he don't do it.

Headline: "The Cubs' $155 million ace Jon Lester can't throw the ball to first base and it's getting ugly. Lester is struggling to make one of the most basic plays in baseball."

It's funny as hell, he's got mental issues and absolutely wont/cant throw to first. During the Rockies series I noticed runners on 1st were taking huge leads that got further and further, so far they was practically half way to 2nd, I'm guessing at least a 15'+ insane lead. Maybe up to 16'-17'? Their inside leg was getting to be on the OUTSIDE OF THE CUTOUTS! Then both announcers opened up almost in shock saying "that's the largest lead I've ever seen in professional baseball in my life" then they went into Lester's history of this issues. It's a mind game, he can't make the routine throw and teams have noticed now it's becoming a problem.

-------------------------------------

Monday Lester he made his first throws to 1st base since April 2013, 67 starts! The first throw pulled Rizzo off the bag. The 2nd throw from Lester sailed over Rizzo into Right Field and by luck he was saved when the RFer threw the runner out at 3rd.

------------------------------------------

Now that teams are onto this, somethings gonna have to change or Lester will explode, constantly putting runners in scoring position and working out of jams.

Remember the rookie Catcher Rube Baker from the movie Major League II who couldn't toss the ball to the pitcher? Maybe Lester should start reading Frederick's of Hollywood.
Remember Mackey Sasser who caught for the Mets back in the day? He couldn't throw the ball back to the pitcher. It ruined his career.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
LAPoet
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by LAPoet »

Thanks for the chuckle. You should do stand up.
johnk5150
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by johnk5150 »

Cubs are stealing jake Arrieta
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
wickedsensation
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by wickedsensation »

johnk5150 wrote:Cubs are stealing jake Arrieta
Another great game by Arrieta. I have MLB Extra Innings, but since I live in the Cincinnati area, they blacked out the Cubs broadcast and I had to listen to the Reds broadcast.

Bryant goes 4 for 4, 2 HR (one of which was a Grand Slam), 6 RBI. Pretty good for a guy that "stole" the ROY last year (despite a WAR of 5.9)...
uptheass wrote:the best ownings are yet to come
Itwalksamongus wrote:We were young and dumb and full of cum so we would take turns in the back of the van jacking each other off. It wasn't gay - it was out of necessity. Things were a lot different back then.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Curt Schilling fired from ESPN. This is great. I am personally enjoying how he embarrasses himself again
and again on social media.
“A man is a man no matter what they call themselves,” he wrote. “I don’t care what they are, who they sleep with, the men’s room was designed for the penis, women’s not so much. Now you need laws telling us differently? Pathetic.”
His most recent target is MLB player, Brandon McCarthy. Curt, I think you are suffering from CTE.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

The Jays are cheaters and it has been known for years and years. The jays cheat a bit more than the rest. The guy was playing so poorly to date, the guilt
must have gotten the best of him.

Toronto Blue Jays outfielder Chris Colabello was suspended 80 games without pay for testing positive for a performance-enhancing substance, Major League Baseball announced on Friday.

Colabello's positive test for dehydrochlormethyltestosterone, an anabolic steroid that is sold under the name Turinabol, was a violation of MLB's joint drug prevention and treatment program. His suspension is effective immediately.

"On March 13, I got one of the scariest and most definitely the least-expected phone calls of my entire life. I was informed by the players' association that a banned substance was found in my urine," Colabello said in a statement released by the union. "I have spent every waking moment since that day trying to find an answer as to why or how?"

Colabello, 32, is batting .069 in 10 games for the Blue Jays this season. In 2015, his first season with Toronto, he batted .321 with 15 HR and 54 RBIs.

"I would never compromise the integrity of the game of baseball," Colabello said. "I am saddened more for the impact this will have on my teammates, the organization and the fans of the Toronto Blue Jays. I hope that before anyone passes judgment on me they can take a look at the man that I am, and everything that I have done to get to where I am in my career."

Colabello, who has played 225 big league games in parts of four seasons, will lose $227,891 of his $521,126 major league salary. He was with the Twins in 2013-14 before signing with the Blue Jays.

"This is obviously an unfortunate situation that we are in with Chris. We believe in him as a person and player," Blue Jays general manager Ross Atkins said in a statement. "Chris has overcome a great deal in his career and has been a key contributor to this team. While we are certainly disappointed with today's news, we're confident he'll return ready to compete and will have taken the steps needed to ensure that this does not happen again."

Earlier Friday, the Blue Jays agreed to terms with free-agent outfielder Michael Bourn on a minor league deal, according to ESPN's Jim Bowden and Fox Sports. Bourn was released by the Braves in spring training.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:Remember Mackey Sasser who caught for the Mets back in the day? He couldn't throw the ball back to the pitcher. It ruined his career.
YIPS!
I remember seeing a segment on Sasser, it went into a few minor league players and some retired. What an odd mental issue. YIPS, AKA "Steve Blass disease" "Steve Sax syndrome"

*Bleacher Reports* YIPS! Remember these guys?

Chuck Knoblauch as a Yankees? I still remember the jokes and laughing. Went from an all star 2nd baseman to the yip's in 99 and 2000. Couldn't hit the 1st baseman's mitt from 45 feet away to save his life. It forced Joe Torre to eventually move him to LF and DH for the rest of his career.

Steve Sax - Got the "Yip's" in his third season leading to 30 errors in 1983. Nicknamed the "Steve Sax Syndrome" was a temporary lapse, Sax would later became one of the best fielding 2nd baseman is baseball in 89.

Steve Blass - The first famous case of the YIPS. Blass was a major factor in the Pirates 1971 World Series victory, 2nd to Clemente in MVP WS voting. An All Star in 1972 then In 1973 Blass lost all ability to command the strike zone. His ERA climbed to 9.85, 84BB in 88IP, walking three times as many batters as he struck out, his -4.0 WAR in 1973 still stands as the worst single-season WAR for a pitcher since 1901.
Bliss never found the strike zone again. After his exit from baseball in 1975, a pitcher's inability to find the strike zone became known as "Steve Blass Disease".

Rick Ankiel - In the 2000 season, Ankiel was arguably the most impressive young pitcher. Ankiel went 11-7 with a 3.50 ERA and the second highest strikeout ratio in baseball behind Randy Johnson.
Ankiel started Game 1 of the NLDS that year and threw five wild pitches, walked the bases full and couldn't even find the batter's box let alone the strike zone. He returned in Game 5 of the series with similar failure. He went to the minors the following year and was again all over the map. He walked over 30 batters in 25 innings with over 20 wild pitches. Thankfully, Ankiel recovered and revamped his career as an outfielder.

-----------------------------

Speaking of YIPS! Kershaw busted out a new pitch the other day, look at the break on this one.

"Watch me paste this pathetic palooka with a powerful paralyzing perfect pachydermus percussion pitch."

The pitch was so slow the stadium radar gun wasn't able to pick it up. Fortunately, PitchFX did, registering the rainbow lollipop at 46 mph. But, as Kershaw explained to MLB.com's Jon Cooper, this stroke of genius was actually a complete accident.

"Tyler was taking a little bit of time so I was going to try to quick-pitch him," "I got what I wanted, he wasn't ready, and Angel didn't call time, so I was going to throw it but then he got ready really quickly and then A.J. called a different pitch, I was just going to throw a fastball and I didn't want to cross A.J. up if he took it and I didn't want to throw a fastball down the middle, so I was just like, 'Alright, you won,' and I just kind of lobbed it up there."
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

wickedsensation wrote:Bryant goes 4 for 4, 2 HR (one of which was a Grand Slam), 6 RBI. Pretty good for a guy that "stole" the ROY last year (despite a WAR of 5.9)...
:lol:

Sensitive much. WOW, ROY Bryant in ONE GAME practically doubled his season HR's and RBI's! Go ROY! So we are going to hear about it every time he has a hit and not just from the media.
No ones denying Bryant's is a player, he'll pick up his middle of the pack 3rd base stats AVG and such, at 24 he's going to be around a while. It's clear if you don't lick his nut sack or agree he deserved the ROY you think ROY Bryant sucks.

3rd Baseman Arenado is about a year older, gets 1/10th the coverage, won the GOLD GLOVE his Rookie year and every year since, 3 years in a row. He's coming off a 42HR 130RBI season and went yard TWICE in beating the CUBS the other day. Not to mention Bryant's SO's in just over one season is almost what Arenado has in just over 3.
I see Bryant ranked on so many lists as the #2 3rd baseman in MLB when it's a loaded position full of talent from Arenado, Machado, Donaldson to Moustakas, Seager, Duffy even Frazier, the elder Beltre or ROY Bryant. He's clearly getting the attention.

Like last year keeping ROY Bryant high in order will beef up his stats, Runs and RBI's. He'll have some good numbers by seasons end even if he don't in the other categories. He'll get the SO's down, can't imagine another 200 year even if he's at around 1 a game.
wickedsensation
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by wickedsensation »

UtahRatt wrote: Sensitive much. WOW, ROY Bryant in ONE GAME practically doubled his season HR's and RBI's! Go ROY! So we are going to hear about it every time he has a hit and not just from the media.
LMAO @ "sensitive much." Dude, you're OBSESSED in your hatred for the Cubs.
uptheass wrote:the best ownings are yet to come
Itwalksamongus wrote:We were young and dumb and full of cum so we would take turns in the back of the van jacking each other off. It wasn't gay - it was out of necessity. Things were a lot different back then.
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

UtahRatt wrote:"Watch me paste this pathetic palooka with a powerful paralyzing perfect pachydermus percussion pitch."
Took me a minute to remember where that came from.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Facedown wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:"Watch me paste this pathetic palooka with a powerful paralyzing perfect pachydermus percussion pitch."
Took me a minute to remember where that came from.
Yeah, that's a classic cartoon right there...
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Jason Hammel. Who saw that coming?

$tevil
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Post by killeverything »

johnk5150 wrote:Jason Hammel. Who saw that coming?
The fuck? No one.

Man, that team has this cohesive "badass, never say die" mentality. It's like to where every single player has the ability to turn into a Kershaw or a Harper in a moments notice.

This season is gonna get intense come the ASB.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Very cool idea by the Twins organization
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

wickedsensation wrote:
UtahRatt wrote: Sensitive much. WOW, ROY Bryant in ONE GAME practically doubled his season HR's and RBI's! Go ROY! So we are going to hear about it every time he has a hit and not just from the media.
LMAO @ "sensitive much." Dude, you're OBSESSED in your hatred for the Cubs.

Obsessed? Only one of us gives a shit. 8)
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Angels place Huston Street on DL with a strained oblique.

Yu Darvish to begin rehab assignment Friday @ Frisco. 30 pitches, 2 innings.

Jake Arrieta actually gave up a run.

Manny Machado and Bryce Harper have apparently declared war on baseball.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Dee Gordon, the reigning National League batting champion and a two-time All-Star, has been suspended by Major League Baseball for 80 games for taking Aroids. The suspension starts immediately.

One of my favorite players, found it odd he went from a young skinny afraid to swing at a pitch to an allstar the next season. I couldn't understand why LAD traded him but I guess it's the right call now, I bet he never makes it back to allstar status. I thought he was younger and finally hit maturity but after seeing his age and his body structure it's clear he juiced up his last season with LAD before going to the Fish and winning the title. I didn't see it coming.

That or I don't look for it as much.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

UtahRatt wrote:Dee Gordon, the reigning National League batting champion and a two-time All-Star, has been suspended by Major League Baseball for 80 games for taking Aroids. The suspension starts immediately.

One of my favorite players, found it odd he went from a young skinny afraid to swing at a pitch to an allstar the next season. I couldn't understand why LAD traded him but I guess it's the right call now, I bet he never makes it back to allstar status. I thought he was younger and finally hit maturity but after seeing his age and his body structure it's clear he juiced up his last season with LAD before going to the Fish and winning the title. I didn't see it coming.

I think we all get a little surprised still since testing is so prevalent now. Of course there are designer Aroids that are undetectable, but they've gotten the majority of it out of the game.

I believe it was Joe Morgan that said "they're not doing enough." Unless it's written into his contract Dee Gordon is still getting paid. The MLBPA wouldn't allow it.

So, you have a lot of money...with a little bit of disgrace maybe, but still a lot of money. Or you have a lot of money and everything that could bring.

I don't how deep integrity runs with a lot of people to not take that kind of risk for millions of dollars. :?
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Fat Panda out for year with shoulder surgery.

Bryce Harper signs largest endorsement deal in history with Under Armor.

Justin Verlander is engaged to Kate Upton. He may have fallen highly from his ace status, but he's still rich.

Tim Lincecum to do his showcase Friday. He's reportedly throwing 91. 12 teams are interested.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:Dee Gordon, the reigning National League batting champion and a two-time All-Star, has been suspended by Major League Baseball for 80 games for taking Aroids. The suspension starts immediately.

I think we all get a little surprised still since testing is so prevalent now. Of course there are designer Aroids that are undetectable, but they've gotten the majority of it out of the game.

I believe it was Joe Morgan that said "they're not doing enough." Unless it's written into his contract Dee Gordon is still getting paid. The MLBPA wouldn't allow it.

So, you have a lot of money...with a little bit of disgrace maybe, but still a lot of money. Or you have a lot of money and everything that could bring.

I don't how deep integrity runs with a lot of people to not take that kind of risk for millions of dollars. :?
If you are a player like Dee, why not take PED's, get that fat paycheck and not have to worry about money for the rest of your life. The shame will not bother him one bit as long
as he can afford the mortage payments.
The players will never want to give up on guaranteed money, but its time for a chance in the policy. If you are busted for PED use, no game action and no pay.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:
killeverything wrote:

If you are a player like Dee, why not take PED's, get that fat paycheck and not have to worry about money for the rest of your life. The shame will not bother him one bit as long
The players will never want to give up on guaranteed money, but its time for a chance in the policy. If you are busted for PED use, no game action and no pay.
There's a new collective bargaining agreement coming up. A lot of players are pissed ( or so they say publicly ) at PED use. Verlander is mad players can still play through appeals, Trout and Harper call for lifetime bans, etc.

The new generation that was raised through the McGwire, Sosa, Bonds era hate the PED cloud. I think that real changes could be made. So far mlb has the strictest testing and have done a pretty good job. If stronger penalties were imposed it could curb the use altogether. Like let's say no guaranteed contracts, etc.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:
Machado wrote:
killeverything wrote:

There's a new collective bargaining agreement coming up. A lot of players are pissed ( or so they say publicly ) at PED use. Verlander is mad players can still play through appeals, Trout and Harper call for lifetime bans, etc.

The new generation that was raised through the McGwire, Sosa, Bonds era hate the PED cloud. I think that real changes could be made. So far mlb has the strictest testing and have done a pretty good job. If stronger penalties were imposed it could curb the use altogether. Like let's say no guaranteed contracts, etc.
Unsure about no guaranteed contracts. You have to factor in the chance of a "false positive" test. Imagine the backlash if a player loses X amount of money all because of a false positive test.
Anyway, I will believe stiffer action when I see it. The players can say all they want but when it comes to voting, well that is an entirely different situation.
I don't agree with a lifetime ban for a 1st strike. That should occur when a player has violated the rules a 3rd time.
Why is Verlander mad players can still play through appeals? Did he not vote against that or did not he not a good enough job convincing his peers to vote against that?
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote:I think we all get a little surprised still since testing is so prevalent now. Of course there are designer Aroids that are undetectable, but they've gotten the majority of it out of the game.

Flashback.......
I've mentioned....I had a friend drafted by the Rangers and played with Bonds at ASU and his words rang all too true.....In today's world it takes more then talent and hard work, everyone has talent and works hard. If the difference between making a dime in the minors or making bank in the Pro's is a shot of steroids, what would you do?

Now here is the thing........
Back then I would have, hell I did, but today I wouldn't. Back then the leagues and teams turned their back, now it's out there and should be more of a disgrace. 80 games isn't enough for Dee. Roids turned Dee from "Someone who swung a bat like a pitcher" to a winning a batting title in 2 years. I use too make fun of the way he handled a bat. He reminded me of a young Pedro.

MLB should put a stop to it like Lance Armstrong dragged through the mud stop. You're done and your titles are stripped because you had a huge advantage vs those who worked their ass off and did it clean. It's the only way they'll ever get a grip on it. The Steroid era should have an asterisk and MLB should black mark taking them like gambling.

---------------------Speaking of Pedro

Bartolo Colon's 220th win moved him past Pedro Martinez for 2nd among D.R.-born pitchers.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

UtahRatt wrote:
killeverything wrote:I think we all get a little surprised still since testing is so prevalent now. Of course there are designer Aroids that are undetectable, but they've gotten the majority of it out of the game.

Flashback.......
I've mentioned....I had a friend drafted by the Rangers and played with Bonds at ASU and his words rang all too true.....In today's world it takes more then talent and hard work, everyone has talent and works hard. If the difference between making a dime in the minors or making bank in the Pro's is a shot of steroids, what would you do?

Now here is the thing........
Back then I would have, hell I did, but today I wouldn't. Back then the leagues and teams turned their back, now it's out there and should be more of a disgrace. 80 games isn't enough for Dee. Roids turned Dee from "Someone who swung a bat like a pitcher" to a winning a batting title in 2 years. I use too make fun of the way he handled a bat. He reminded me of a young Pedro.

MLB should put a stop to it like Lance Armstrong dragged through the mud stop. You're done and your titles are stripped because you had a huge advantage vs those who worked their ass off and did it clean. It's the only way they'll ever get a grip on it. The Steroid era should have an asterisk and MLB should black mark taking them like gambling.

---------------------Speaking of Pedro

Bartolo Colon's 220th win moved him past Pedro Martinez for 2nd among D.R.-born pitchers.
Utah is the McGwire/Sosa of Sludge. GOOD JOB MEAT!
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:Utah is the McGwire/Sosa of Sludge. GOOD JOB MEAT!
That would be you, Linus. You're the supporter of the needle, obviously because your Roided out stat hero is still playing when he should have got a life time ban. You have no clue what steroids is about so I wouldn't expect your empty head to understand.

FLUSH.............
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

If youre the Pirates do you have to be just be just asking "what just happen here" against the Cubs?

$tevil
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

johnk5150 wrote:If youre the Pirates do you have to be just be asking "what just happen here" against the Cubs?

$tevil
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

UtahRatt wrote:
Machado wrote:Utah is the McGwire/Sosa of Sludge. GOOD JOB MEAT!
That would be you, Linus. You're the supporter of the needle, obviously because your Roided out stat hero is still playing when he should have got a life time ban. You have no clue what steroids is about so I wouldn't expect your empty head to understand.

FLUSH.............
ok, whatever you say. you're a know it all. hard not to know about Steroids being from the bay area, knowing where the Balco site actually is, etc....
Go ahead and talk about ARod all you want. Before him there were the twins chasing the HR record and after that Bonds was the poster child. Maybe
Dee Gordon, well if he was paid a ridic amount of money, maybe he can be the next poster child. Who knows!
Some players deserve a lifetime ban for violating the rules, but when MLB gets around to doing that, they should also make sure that
Bud Selig gets a ban for turning a blind eye to the PED era that he created and supported.
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

MLB is going to be busting some players for failed PED tests during spring training.
Supposedly, it was something that would be out of the system in a week but now testing has caught up to it and now traces can be picked up weeks after stopping.
Who gets bagged?
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.