Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by dtmfs »

Machado wrote:MLB suspends Rougned Odor 8 games for his role in brawl Sunday. He will appeal.

of course he will appeal. he might even claim innocence. after all, someone else threw the punch, not him :roll:
he is already on record saying he does not regret his actions. so man up, take your punishment and earnings lost
and sit down for 8 games.
Bautista threw the first punch technically, it just didn't land, Should Odor be punished more just because He's obviously a better fighter? I agree He should man up, He knew it was coming but Bautista should be suspended equally IMO, maybe a game or 2 less since Odor shoved him first, but if you watch the whole thing after the shove Odor dodged a jab and landed that straight right.
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Post by killeverything »

Tigers' Jordan Zimmerman left game with right groin strain. Listed as day to day.

Oakland puts struggling Sonny Gray on 15 day DL with trapezius strain. This is the 13th A on the DL.....a club record!

Yu Darvish set to return to Texas rotation soon.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/179749110 ... t-by-pitch

Vogelsong gets drilled by a pitch today
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Josh Hamilton done for season ( he hasn't actually begun yet ) with knee surgery. LAAAA sits 1.5 games behind Seattle and will be paying TX something like 12.6m this season...and next.

Yu Darvish set to return Saturday. Hasn't pitched in mlb since 2014. Things could be looking up for Tejas......wait, Shin Soo Choo back on DL with wonky hamstring.

Alex Gordon out 3-4 weeks with broken bone in hand.

Lucas Duda on 15 day DL ( back ).

"Something needs to be done about beanball culture" - Josh Donaldson. What? Fuck you bish! If the players stop batflipping every HR and dancing around like they do in the NFL....for every single time they make ONE play ( act like you've done it before, chump ). It would probably decline.

Mike Krukow on KNBR was talking about the fighting/headhunting differences. He was saying that when he came up, there were lots of fights, but now with so much $ invested in the players, it won't return to those days. I haven't thought of it like that before, but duh.

Donaldson's probably still got sand in his hoo-haw from still losing to KC after Bautista's epic batflip. You kinda look like a jackass celebrating 2nd place.
Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Facedown »

Carson Smith had TJ surgery today.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Top LAD prospect Julio Urias ( SP ) to make mlb debut Friday.

KC 3B Mike Moustakas out indefinitely with torn ACL.

AsteriskRod returns to MFY lineup from DL today. *

Vin Scully declines Fox offer for All Star game. Says he didn't feel right about being in someone else's booth. Could you imagine having Vin there instead of Joe Buck and his GIANT forehead or greatest 2B Of All Time....but a total mouthbreather Joe Morgan? You could actually unmute Fox. Wild.
johnk5150
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by johnk5150 »

Cubs ,
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Yu Darvish made his return from TJ surgery and is legitimate proof that shit works. 5IP 3H 1ER 1BB 7K, 81 pitches. Still throws 98.

Clay Buchholz pissed about being moved to the bullpen. "I got moved to the bullpen. You can write it down." :lol:

White Sox and Padres discussing a James Shields trade.

Urias pounded in mlb debut. Moved back to AAA.

Jays Tulowitzki on 15 day DL with quad strain.
Vettehead2006
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Vettehead2006 »

No talk of Utleys epic 2 hr night against the whiney bitch Mets? And their equally whiney bitch fans?
Theres nothing quite like shutting New Yorkers the fuck up.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

I'm at the 500, just checking scores. Do the Phillies really suck this bad?

$tevil
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

johnk5150 wrote:I'm at the 500, just checking scores. Do the Phillies really suck this bad?
They do and will for quite a while. Amaro Jr. really put them in a bad position.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Vettehead2006 wrote:No talk of Utleys epic 2 hr night against the whiney bitch Mets? And their equally whiney bitch fans?
Theres nothing quite like shutting New Yorkers the fuck up.
9RBI's in the two games......But at least that one play changed the game forever! Players hate the new pussy 2b rules. I bet when someone slides into the bag and breaks an ankle they'll allow them to slide just outside but it will be replayed with a laser mark to prove he wasn't outside the lines.

I update maybe once a week if that and hardly watch anymore, with all the replay's and no contact changes it's ruined the game for me. Add that to shitty announcers questioning every play. MLB is officially the NFL now...Lets see the replay, make a sandwich.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

If it hasn't been said I seen this a bit ago.

What's this shit about MLB changing the rules to automatic intentional walks? The video at the end should be enough to veto that shit.
I should say KILL will love the video at the bottom of the page.

http://www.sbnation.com/mlb/2016/5/23/1 ... ule-change

Including, the changing of the strike zone to the top of the knee cap.......I'm sure Arrieta wont like that change much, he paints the bottom of the zone.
http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/15633 ... onal-walks

----------------------------

On Sunday, Kershaw reached the 100 strikeout mark with only five walks, he topped Cliff Lee's record for best K/BB ratio at the 100-strikeout mark. Lee was at 100/7 in 2010, not reaching the century mark until July 22nd.

A 21/1 ratio:
The record for best K/BB in a season by a pitcher who qualified for the ERA title was Phil Hughes in 2014, who finished at 11.63. Kershaw is nearly doubling that.
There are only two other starters who even finished with a ratio of better than 10/1: Bret Saberhagen at 11 in '94 and Lee at 10.28 in '10.

Sixty-one times a pitcher has walked five or more batters in one game in 2016! Yordano Ventura, Francisco Liriano and Tom Koehler have each done it three times.

Of course, while Kershaw's streak has been historic given just how many innings he's had to throw, there may be another player hot on his tail. After striking out the side on Sunday, Andrew Miller's run his K/BB ratio to 38/1. We may be in for a truly phenomenal strikeout-to-walk race this summer.

Five ways to try to put Clayton Kershaw's insane strikeout-to-walk ratio into context
http://m.mlb.com/cutfour/2016/05/30/181 ... -kbb-ratio

And just for kicks:
This Clayton Kershaw curveball was so good it made Adam Duvall's helmet fall off
http://m.mlb.com/cutfour/2016/05/24/179 ... f-on-swing

Cubs.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

I'm not sure how I feel about the rule changes, nor do I think they will be permanent.

As for Kerhaw though. He has a 1.45ERA over his last 35 starts. In that span he has 333 strikeouts to 31 walks ( 261 IP ).

That's insane.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

killeverything wrote:I'm not sure how I feel about the rule changes, nor do I think they will be permanent.

As for Kerhaw though. He has a 1.45ERA over his last 35 starts. In that span he has 333 strikeouts to 31 walks ( 261 IP ).

That's insane.

And he won't pitch against the Cubs. Why not bump him up?

$tevil
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Cubs.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

johnk5150 wrote:
killeverything wrote:As for Kerhaw though. He has a 1.45ERA over his last 35 starts. In that span he has 333 strikeouts to 31 walks ( 261 IP ).

That's insane.

And he won't pitch against the Cubs. Why not bump him up?
Why bump up Kershaw when 4.38 ERA Kazmir and a shit pen held them to one hit. Dodgers patch work team pounce on the Already World Champion Cubs with Arrieta on the mound! 5-0! Flushed that 23 streak down even if he didn't get the loss with 4bb, 1 less then Kershaw all year... :mrgreen:

Shirley the MIGHTY NYCUBS and LESTER can beat up Mike Bolsinger who's had two starts this season, can't make it past the 5th with a 4.50ERA tomorrow. Why not bump up Hammel?

Even when they lose it's still a top story that reads like if it wasn't for this key moment.....

Cubs.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

King Felix on 15 day DL with calf strain.

Marlon Byrd suspended 162 games for PEDs.

*ETA

San Diego Padres executive chairman Ron Fowler calls his team "miserable failures." :lol: That's one way to look at it, but I pose this question to you. Which came first? The chicken or the egg?

Who built the team? Is it the players/management fault for not "playing to their potential," or is it the FO's fault for not thoroughly researching their assembly?

You can get ALL the big FAs and not win a championship. Cashman's MFY and Colleti's Dodgers are proof of that. So who is really at fault?

This iced coffee has me philosophical like this early afternoon.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote:Marlon Byrd suspended 162 games for PEDs.
He probably got them from Machado's BALCO connections since he lives in the bay area and all.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

UtahRatt wrote:
He probably got them from Machado's BALCO connections since he lives in the bay area and all.
If you had any brains you would understand how "outdated" the comment you made actually is.
:roll:
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:
If you had any brains you would understand how "outdated" the comment you made actually is.

Like two pages ago when you said you know everything about steroids because you live in the bay area?
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

UtahRatt wrote:
Machado wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:

Like two pages ago when you said you know everything about steroids because you live in the bay area?
reading comprehension skills have much room for improvement. keep grinding out the posts, Utah
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:reading comprehension skills have much room for improvement. keep grinding out the posts, Utah
Maybe you should learn "capitalization" before attempting comprehension.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

UtahRatt wrote:
Machado wrote:reading comprehension skills have much room for improvement. keep grinding out the posts, Utah

is it far fetched to think that baseball fans from the SF Bay Area, St. Louis, Chicago and NYC, all cities where MLB players
have been accused of and found guilty of steroid use, might have a very good idea about PED + steroid use in the last 15 years or more?

i don't think a baseball town like K.C. will know much about the subject, but the towns I mentioned probably do because the story
was in the news on a daily basis.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:

is it far fetched to think that baseball fans from the SF Bay Area, St. Louis, Chicago and NYC, all cities where MLB players
have been accused of and found guilty of steroid use, might have a very good idea about PED + steroid use in the last 15 years or more?

i don't think a baseball town like K.C. will know much about the subject, but the towns I mentioned probably do because the story
He's got a point. When I was back in No. Cal and the BALCO story broke the news was everywhere. Barry put up one the best seasons in history to deaf ears in the wake of Sosa/McGwire.

Barry then used the Cream and put up the best season in history. It was news all over the place since SF finally had a player post-Clark/Mitchell/Williams that was a fan favorite ( complete asshole or not ). You couldn't escape it and add Lance Armstrong and astersikRod and then you have some news.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote:
Machado wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:

He's got a point. When I was back in No. Cal and the BALCO story broke the news was everywhere. Barry put up one the best seasons in history to deaf ears in the wake of Sosa/McGwire.

Barry then used the Cream and put up the best season in history. It was news all over the place since SF finally had a player post-Clark/Mitchell/Williams that was a fan favorite ( complete asshole or not ). You couldn't escape it and add Lance Armstrong and astersikRod and then you have some news.

I worked on and AFB it don't mean I can tell you how to fly an A-10.

I took steroids and can still get as he would say "the best shit that's out there". Living in a major league city don't mean shit......It's a drug and like any drug it's everywhere, colleges to chumps at your local gym can get it. If you run in that circle it's no different then getting weed. My first supplier did 3 years on a 3 to 5 for distribution on his first and only offense.
I lived in the Mission District it didn't mean BALCO let me in the front door either.......You're talking about something you've never experienced and only read about. I've been around that shit since right out of high school taking straight horse test from Mexico in the 80's up till the availability and advancements in the 2000's+. Towards the end of my playing days over half the people who took the field was on it. You've never been on PED's or around it but living in the bay area means you know all about roids....That's the joke. Put it in your veins, go on intervals then tell me about it.
The creams and shit is just advancements to avoid detection, take a clean needle of that shit and when you Rage let me know what it feels like. PED's is PED's, still does the same thing just now it's easier to pass a test and much cleaner.

As far as Bonds goes he was using as early as ASU I suspect, but I would bet the farm he started on the farm and started bumping up each year in the Pros. This came from someone who played and knows him.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

UtahRatt wrote:
killeverything wrote:
Machado wrote:

I worked on and AFB it don't mean I can tell you how to fly an A-10.

I took steroids and can still get as he would say "the best shit that's out there". Living in a major league city don't mean shit......It's a drug and like any drug it's everywhere, colleges to chumps at your local gym can get it. If you run in that circle it's no different then getting weed. My first supplier did 3 years on a 3 to 5 for distribution on his first and only offense.
I lived in the Mission District it didn't mean BALCO let me in the front door either.......You're talking about something you've never experienced and only read about. I've been around that shit since right out of high school taking straight horse test from Mexico in the 80's up till the availability and advancements in the 2000's+. Towards the end of my playing days over half the people who took the field was on it. You've never been on PED's or around it but living in the bay area means you know all about roids....That's the joke. Put it in your veins, go on intervals then tell me about it.
The creams and shit is just advancements to avoid detection, take a clean needle of that shit and when you Rage let me know what it feels like. PED's is PED's, still does the same thing just now it's easier to pass a test and much cleaner.

As far as Bonds goes he was using as early as ASU I suspect, but I would bet the farm he started on the farm and started bumping up each year in the Pros. This came from someone who played and knows him.
Fair enough. I've been around it, just not during my playing days. I had two friends I went to the gym with. One was all about and looked the part. The other I've known since I was 7, and he did a cycle, maybe two.

I considered it. Especially after talking to both of them, but in the end I thought the side effects far outweighed the rewards, so I passed.

It's funny. On KNBR there is a story about Barry and his regret for being such a dickhead to the media in his playing days. He talked about that was a monster he created from the pressure he was under to carry the team as a rookie. Whatever.

He just punked Joc Pederson ( whom grew up idolizing Barry and is from the bay area ). So apparently he's still a total asshole. Kissing up to the media now won't get you into the Hall. Fuck Barry. I still hate what that motherfucker did to my hometown team. Or at least my perception of them.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Kill-I still can't believe Barry has a job in MLB. To think that years ago he was on an island, being tried by the FBI and the government did all they could to put this man in jail.
Oh yeah, KNBR is all over the latest Bonds news. Suddenly this prick is trying to do damage control. Sorry Barry, too late for that. Be thankful you have a job and stop trying
to apologize for your previous mistakes, behavior and attitude. Barry said that he would try to tone down his behavior when playing but then he would go into a slump
and his teammates would tell him, "we want the old Barry back". Which meant he returned to his usual asshole behavior and suddenly began to play well.

When is Sosa going to get a job as a hitting coach in MLB?
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:Kill-I still can't believe Barry has a job in MLB. To think that years ago he was on an island, being tried by the FBI and the government did all they could to put this man in jail.
Oh yeah, KNBR is all over the latest Bonds news. Suddenly this prick is trying to do damage control. Sorry Barry, too late for that. Be thankful you have a job and stop trying
to apologize for your previous mistakes, behavior and attitude. Barry said that he would try to tone down his behavior when playing but then he would go into a slump
and his teammates would tell him, "we want the old Barry back". Which meant he returned to his usual asshole behavior and suddenly began to play well.

When is Sosa going to get a job as a hitting coach in MLB?
McGwire has a job as a hitting coach and ( finally ) openly admitted the use of roids. We all knew.

Barry ( he did use, duh ) never failed a test, the tampering charges didn't stick, obstruction charges didn't stick. All you have is him admitting an unknowing use and people ( Victor Conte ) saying he did. That won't get you a conviction.

OTOH for as much of a miserable prick he is, he's still the greatest hitter since Ted Williams and greatest player since Willie. If there was anyone I would want to coach me or learn from, it's him. So I get his hiring.

Baseball still doesn't know what to do about the Selig era. There are too many questions on both sides. Manny got a chance to return, Arod still plays and if anyone should have had a lifetime ban for obstruction it's him, Clemens works the Astros FO...or he's about to, etc.

Since the testing was so sparse, Selig as commish, and Union protection they set themselves up to have this blow up in their faces. There's a what 30 year window on which players are getting excluded now? I'm at loss on what to do myself.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Leaving Wrigley with my oldest. He's convinced Bryant is the best Cub ever. I told him about Ernie, Billy and Fergie.

$tevil