Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

johnk5150
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by johnk5150 »

Nats beat Cubs in 12. It's too hot for free baseball. Nats are the team to beat.

And I don't want Cubs position players in the HR Derby let alone pitchers.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Post by killeverything »

Pete Rose: "The Cubs will find a way to screw it up somehow." With free agency being where it's at and FOs hiring brainiacs, that kind of statement sounds like a typical dumb jock. I understand the cynicism from Cubs fans, but really. It's not hard to believe Epstein and Hoyer will break the curse eventually.

Speaking of which, apparently Lester wanted Chicago to sign Pappelbon last season. :lol:

Braves' Freddie Friedman hits first cycle of season.

Adam Wainwright wants in on potential HR derby.

Bryant says he'll skip HR derby.

Rockies DFA Jose Reyes.

Latest mlb power rankings ( top 10 ):
1. Chicago Cubs
2. Texas Rangers ( they're looking like the team to beat in the AL )
3. Washington Nationals
4. SF Giants
5. Boston Red Sox ( I expect the no #2 will catch up to them )
6. Cleveland Indians
7. St. L Cardinals
8. Baltimore Orioles
9. NY Mets
10. Detroit Tigers

These rankings will change next week with the runs both Washington and SF have been on. I don't see NYM sticking around too long either. At the time of this list LAD was #11.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Cardinals lose 5 in a row. This 10 game lead is worrying me. How many dicumentaries will they make about these guys when they blow it in August and September?

Good news is I've more than paid for my season tickets in mid June. Two years ago I couldn't sell $90 tix for a buck against good teams.

$tevil
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Joe Maddon is stealing money. JR Smith trying to win this game by himself.

$tevil
LAPoet
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by LAPoet »

I don't think the Cubs blow it until the playoffs when they pull a 2014 Nationals
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

LAD trades RHP Zach Lee to Seattle for SS Chris Taylor.

BoSox place Cuban signee Rusney Castillo on waivers.

Mark Teixeira ( knee ) slated for June 25 return.

King Felix ( calf ) feels better and will begin throwing off flat ground Tuesday.

Tim Lincecum made his return yesterday against an impotent A's lineup going 6IP 1ER 4H 2BB 2K 91 pitches. His "Freak" days are over, but his wacky delivery is back and he could be a solid bottom of the rotation guy. He was clocked at around 89.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

I can't believe i got more than double face value for my Cubs seats on what is the hottest day of the year.

Thank you Cardinal fans. You all look absolutely miserable. The sun is down and it's still over 90.

$tevil
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

johnk5150 wrote:I can't believe i got more than double face value for my Cubs seats on what is the hottest day of the year.

Thank you Cardinal fans. You all look absolutely miserable. The sun is down and it's still over 90.
They was on FIRE Sweeping the 27 NYcubs....Then add one to the FISH puts the mighty Cubs on a 4 game losing streak, 4-6 in the last 10. That 120w season is in jeopardy. :evil:

---------------------------------------

Cubs vs AL in AS game. :lol:

Bryant over Arenado, Carpenter

Addison Russell .239BA ALL STAR!

Dexter Fowler over Cespedes

--------------------------------------

The Giants keep rolling. They scary.

Go Fish! Fuck Loria!

Yankees under .500 :mrgreen:

Nice to see the Tribe and O's on top as I pull up MLB.com once ever other week.

Dodgers can't hit, still a mash unit, surprised they're tagging along. Ryu allows eight runs in rehab start.

So much for the Dbacks thus far........HAR HAR. Greinke has a good streak going.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

UtahRatt wrote:
johnk5150 wrote: They was on FIRE Sweeping the 27 NYcubs....Then add one to the FISH puts the mighty Cubs on a 4 game losing streak, 4-6 in the last 10. That 120w season is in jeopardy. :evil:

---------------------------------------

Cubs vs AL in AS game. :lol:

Bryant over Arenado

--------------------------------------

The Giants keep rolling. They scary

Dodgers can't hit, still a mash unit, surprised they're tagging along. Ryu allows eight runs in rehab start.

So much for the Dbacks thus far........HAR HAR. Greinke has a good streak going.
I think the Giants are the best team in baseball.

Cubs don't have a single arm in the bullpen that's worth a damn.

$tevil
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

May be the hottest.....Lot of games left.....And trades! On second thought, if anyone is looking for arms I don't think they'll find anyone. After last seasons flood gates there don't appear to be a starter left to sell without a salvage title.

Dodgers win on unbelievable walk-off little league home run after outfield gaffe.......... :lol:
Bill Buckner would be proud!
http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2016/6/2 ... -nationals
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

johnk5150 wrote:Cubs don't have a single arm in the bullpen that's worth a damn.
But they have an ALL-STAR line up! Apart from the reality of a monster rotation.

And you're complaining.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

UtahRatt wrote:
johnk5150 wrote:Cubs don't have a single arm in the bullpen that's worth a damn.
But they have an ALL-STAR line up! Apart from the reality of a monster rotation.

And you're complaining.
Man, every team but the MFY and maybe Boston has a fanbase that holds their breath with the relief corps.

When and if Cain returns, SF looks tough, but the bullpen is pretty nerve racking. Even year, blah, blah, blah Casilla and the young corps just aren't there IMO yet.

Theo said he wasn't parting with his insane minor league players, but if they could land one of the MFY guys? Holy shit.

The NLis impossible to predict IMO. Washington is fierce, the Cubs are mean, both LAD and AZ are not playing to their capabilities, even year. I think after the ASB is going to be insane.

I just stated TX is the team to beat in the AL, but they've been murdered by injuries. As powerful as Boston's offense is and I think Wright is appealing, I'm not sold on anyone not David Price, the MFY aren't out yet, Toronto and Baltimore have been under-performing. I love these kinds of seasons. There is no shoo in. A lot of our faves could win it all. Or miss it altogether. This season is shaping up awesome.

Not too long ago the great Pedro Martinez was warning viewers about Seattle. A rested King, healthy Walker, and confident Sampson might surprise people. Their record is only low because a healthy TX worked them over twice. I hope they pull it together. Seeing the King in the postseason could be incredible. When he's been under pressure to perform ( he did, Oakland still won their game ) he did. I think he has the potential to be a Bumgarner or Petitte on the big stage. I hope he gets that chance.

Go baseball.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

You know what Kill? Let's enjoy the season.

$tevil
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote:Man, every team but the MFY and maybe Boston has a fanbase that holds their breath with the relief corps.

When and if Cain returns, SF looks tough, but the bullpen is pretty nerve racking. Even year, blah, blah, blah Casilla and the young corps just aren't there IMO yet.

Theo said he wasn't parting with his insane minor league players, but if they could land one of the MFY guys? Holy shit.

The NLis impossible to predict IMO. Washington is fierce, the Cubs are mean, both LAD and AZ are not playing to their capabilities, even year. I think after the ASB is going to be insane.
SF and the CubCakes are division locks, the NL-rest like Washington are inconsistent tho I still expect Washington to take the East the WC race is the only interesting battle. So it's a two team NL race leaving the post season for the hot team to take over which as you know, SF and their runs. I don't see any unforeseen challengers. It seems weird that the trade dead line isn't going to be the big factor with no game changing arms available leaving a few bats to add, everything already looks set to finish out the season to me.
Boring........

I see NYY offering Abuser Chapman or Miller to the Cubs but they don't need him, they already have a fucking team to do it. But Cubby fans wont be happy or confidant unless they load up even more. I'm betting NYY will be out by August and bet Theo will make offers, if he nabs one I wont be surprised because they'll clearly be more dominate. The only resistance is how competitive the market will be or how many will pony up the price in this sellers market. There's other arms out there but none that would put a needed team over the top.

Even if LAD remains close all they'll do is say they're in TALKS about adding an arm while hopefully retaining Jansen. The Cub's and SF will have more willingness to pull the strings.
LAD needs starters they have a #1, a team full of #4's and combined with injuries they're not a threat even if they get back Ethier and their Tommy Johns. The D-Backs at best will over take a limping Dodger team and not come close to a WC birth.

----------------------------------

I'm lost on how the ALL STAR game works now. Is it all done online by this Esurance Major League Baseball All-Star Balloting system shit? Internet fans voting 35 times on how ever many accounts they set up? No MLB AP voters or is it really....Just online fans rig voting?

If so talk about a fucked up system, kind of takes everything away from the meaning of actually earning a spot on the team and being and All-STAR. The All Snub game.
Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Facedown »

killeverything wrote:Man, every team but the MFY and maybe Boston has a fanbase that holds their breath with the relief corps.
Certainly not Boston over the last week or two.
Last week the closer, 8th inning guy and the 7th inning guy all blew games for them, (Kimbrel, Uehara and Tazawa) against the fucking White Sox.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

DP
Last edited by Facedown on Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Baez.

Zobrist foot. Rizzo back.

Injuries piling up. You realize the Cubs keep switching positions like Scott Baio switched girlfriends in the 80's?

And poor Hendricks gives up 4 runs on 1 hit?

$tevil
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

UtahRatt wrote:
I'm lost on how the ALL STAR game works now. Is it all done online by this Esurance Major League Baseball All-Star Balloting system shit? Internet fans voting 35 times on how ever many accounts they set up? No MLB AP voters or is it really....Just online fans rig voting?

If so talk about a fucked up system, kind of takes everything away from the meaning of actually earning a spot on the team and being and All-STAR. The All Snub game.
That's exactly how it works. This fan vote shit is ridiculous, but it's been that way for a while. I remember when Piazza was batting way below the Mendoza Line, but he still was the NL starting catcher, because well, he's Mike Piazza.

It's a pointless popularity contest like a prom queen for ESPN that Selig's dumbass made decide homefield WS advantage.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Cubs losing again. Must be a month that rhymes with swoon.

$tevil
Rorysfan
Headlining Clubs

Post by Rorysfan »

But this year the Cubs can afford a swoon. Cards and Pirates aren't the same as the last couple of years. Cubs should still win the division easily.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Does anyone go to Marlins games? This weeks series has been predominately Cubs fans. And Rory I'm skeptical, but it does look like Pittsburgh and St. Louis are fading.

$tevil
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

Is it me or does that female ESPN Sunday night broadcaster suck or what?
First off, just like Monday Night Football, 3 broadcasters in the booth is too many.
She has an annoying voice, and adds nothing to the broadcast. Most of the time it seems
like she is talking because she thinks she has to.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

yeahbuddy wrote:Is it me or does that female ESPN Sunday night broadcaster suck or what?
First off, just like Monday Night Football, 3 broadcasters in the booth is too many.
She has an annoying voice, and adds nothing to the broadcast. Most of the time it seems
like she is talking because she thinks she has to.
It's a 20 year trend now. Thanks Leslie Visser and Andrea Stark. Anyone notice how quickly they became scarce with the invention of HD?

$tevil
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Actually I'd like to hypothesize that HD has improved game viewing quality the level of the vocal broadcast has fallen dramatically.

$tevil
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

johnk5150 wrote:Actually I'd like to hypothesize that HD has improved game viewing quality the level of the vocal broadcast has fallen dramatically.
I think I'm more annoyed with 3 voices in the booth.
Speaking of the Bulls- funny to read that Noah is going to get max offers. I seriously doubt that. When was the last time he was injury free?
And all of the sudden the Knicks are players for the big time free agents? I doubt that as well.
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

DP
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Buchholz = Suckholz
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Facedown wrote:Buchholz = Suckholz
When he was a rookie Clay looked an ace in the making. Sometimes ( rarely these days ) he still shows it. Injuries and reality hit him pretty hard. If healthy he's a #3.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Kris Bryant

$tevil
wickedsensation
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by wickedsensation »

johnk5150 wrote:Kris Bryant
Still over-rated in the minds of some... :lol:

I was at the game last night, I think we out-numbered the Reds fans. Going again tonight. With Lester pitching, will be interesting to see how many bases Hamilton will steal, provided that he gets on base.

Bullpen is getting worse, don't think Joel Peralta is going to be enough. Hope they trade for Miller or Chapman, hell Doolittle would be nice too!
uptheass wrote:the best ownings are yet to come
Itwalksamongus wrote:We were young and dumb and full of cum so we would take turns in the back of the van jacking each other off. It wasn't gay - it was out of necessity. Things were a lot different back then.