Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

johnk5150
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by johnk5150 »

wickedsensation wrote:
johnk5150 wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:

Quote was the other way around. It was:
I know what was said. I'm saying they won't win.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote:LAD and Tampa discussing trade. Longoria? Friedman makes no secret his love of his drafts.

Clayton Kershaw shut down indefinitely with back pain.

LAD is doing the same with Puig. Could Puig be used to land Longoria? Is the Tampa GM high like 24/7...man.
LAD's run down......Longoria would be nice but......
Dealing Pugy isn't a good idea unless it's for a pitcher or an upgrade OF. LAD's OF ranks last in the majors in batting average and near the bottom in on-base and slugging percentage. Not that Pug is helping much but he has more of a chance to pull it together since it's all mental.

I pulled this quote from the last page then read Roberts quote with ESPN today.....
UtahRatt wrote:You can almost tell by Pug's body language when he steps in the box if he's going to get a hit or strike out. Bipolar one day, an aggressive swinger the next.
“I think he’s trying to do too much,” Roberts said of Puig. “When guys get into scoring position, and it gets hot, Yasiel, you can see the tension and he starts to squeeze the bat too much. I think it’s a case of trying to do too much.”
When Puig has struggled this season, namely early in the year, it has been when he has looked too anxious at the plate. His offense has been better of late, but his anxiousness returned with the game on the line Sunday.

---------------

Maybe Roberts is a good motivator, for them to be in the WC at this point is an act of God but the wheels will come off soon.

"The Dodgers started the season with 10 players on the disabled list, believed to be the most ever."
Kershaw being shut down
Ryu back on 15 day DL has one start since 2014
Alex Wood 60 day DL
Brett Anderson 60 day DL
Casey Fien 15 day DL
Yimi Garcia 60 day DL
Chin-Hui Tsao 60 day DL

Forcing 19-year-old Julio Urias to make a start Thursday and leaving the starting rotation in the hands of.
S. Kazmir
B. McCarthy
K. Maeda
J. Urias
B. Norris

"The merry go-round in the Dodgers' outfield is nearly as pronounced as the one in their rotation -- they have started six left fielders, six right fielders and five center fielders. The Dodgers used three different center fielders in last weekend’s series in Arizona -- Scott Van Slyke, Andrew Toles and Puig."
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
wickedsensation
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by wickedsensation »

johnk5150 wrote:
wickedsensation wrote:
johnk5150 wrote:
I know what was said. I'm saying they won't win.
I know. I meant to say that it was UtahRatt that said that, not me. When you quoted it, it looked like I was the one who said it.

You're right, it doesn't look like they will win it all.

They've got to do something about the bullpen.

Cubs Bullpen ERA:

April = 2.72
May = 3.80
June = 3.96
July = 4.83

Source: ESPNChicago.com
uptheass wrote:the best ownings are yet to come
Itwalksamongus wrote:We were young and dumb and full of cum so we would take turns in the back of the van jacking each other off. It wasn't gay - it was out of necessity. Things were a lot different back then.
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Post by killeverything »

wickedsensation wrote:

Cubs Bullpen ERA:

April = 2.72
May = 3.80
June = 3.96
July = 4.83

Every team in baseball but the MFY needs BP help.

Speaking of which, Koji Uehara placed on DL.
King Felix activated from DL.
Matt Cain activated from DL. Rueben Tejada DFA.
Albert Pujols has his fourth career 6 RBI game on Tuesday.
Jose Bautista could rejoin Jays on Monday.

Have y'all seen these?

So far you can only get them buying the new commemorative Nikes. I fucking want one, without having to buy the Nikes ( Addidas for life ).
wickedsensation
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by wickedsensation »

killeverything wrote:
wickedsensation wrote:

Cubs Bullpen ERA:

April = 2.72
May = 3.80
June = 3.96
July = 4.83

I know, which means that the asking price from sellers like the MFY will be even higher than in years past. And the idea of a 41 year old Joe Nathan and/or Brian Matusz coming up from AAA Iowa sure as hell isn't the answer either. Hopefully they can find a way to get Miller without having to give up Schwarber...
uptheass wrote:the best ownings are yet to come
Itwalksamongus wrote:We were young and dumb and full of cum so we would take turns in the back of the van jacking each other off. It wasn't gay - it was out of necessity. Things were a lot different back then.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

He's not exactly Miller...or even close.

Cubs acquire RHP Mike Montgomery from Mariners for 1B Dan Voelbach.

Back surgery a possibility for Clayton Kershaw. FUCK! I fucking hate LAD, but Kershaw's career trajectory has him on par to finish among Walter Johnson, Christy Mathewson, and Pedro ( '98 - 99 ). I'd like to see it happen.

Indians in talks to land Milwaukie's Jonathan Lucroy.

*ETA

Rangers Prince Fielder may need season ending neck surgery.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

wickedsensation wrote:
killeverything wrote:
wickedsensation wrote:

Cubs Bullpen ERA:

April = 2.72
May = 3.80
June = 3.96
July = 4.83

I know, which means that the asking price from sellers like the MFY will be even higher than in years past. And the idea of a 41 year old Joe Nathan and/or Brian Matusz coming up from AAA Iowa sure as hell isn't the answer either. Hopefully they can find a way to get Miller without having to give up Schwarber...
Sigh. As much as I'd like them to win one now, I have to trust Theo/Jed that they're trying to build an ORGANIZATION that competes annually than just win once and break it up like the Marlins have done twice.

$tevil
Heenan Snuka
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Heenan Snuka »

I hope the Yankees keep winning so they dont feed the Cubs.
Stoner wrote:
...we stopped at a restaurant to eat and I was wearing a Sludge shirt. Someone came up and asked me if I read the messageboard - I touched cloth for a split second and then said the shirt was my husband's and just looked at them retardedly.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

johnk5150 wrote:
wickedsensation wrote:
killeverything wrote:
Sigh. As much as I'd like them to win one now, I have to trust Theo/Jed that they're trying to build an ORGANIZATION that competes annually than just win once and break it up like the Marlins have done twice.
Epstein's plan when he got the Boston "Boy Genius" GM gig was to build a 100m player development machine,so they would have a team capable of winning 90-95 games a year.

Winning the WS every year is almost a pipe dream, but if your team wins 90-95 games a year then you have a very high chance to win it all a lot too. I have no doubt Theo and Jed's plan in Chicago is the exact same thing.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

This is a cool idea and I totally wanna watch this.

Former big-league pitcher Roger Clemens is still going to give this whole “playing baseball” thing a go at the age of 53. And he’s going to be joined by the most random assortment of former MLB players that we could ever think of.

It was announced Sunday that an “MLB Star” team of sorts will compete in the summer’s National Baseball Congress World Series in Wichita, Kan.

The NBC World Series is typically a tournament for college baseball summer teams, but this year, a team of old dudes will play against younger college kids. It’s like the plot of The Benchwarmers, but with full teams, more talent and less Rob Schneider.

Here's the roster:

Roger Clemens, pitcher
Tim Hudson, pitcher
J.D. Drew, outfielder
Dan Uggla, infielder
Roy Oswalt, pitcher
Adam LaRoche, infielder
Rick Ankiel, outfielder
Brad Penny, pitcher
Ben Sheets, pitcher
Josh Beckett, pitcher
Brandon Inge, infielder
Jack Wilson, infielder
Nate Robertson, pitcher
Brett Tomko, pitcher
Jayson Nix, infielder
Laynce Nix, outfielder
Jason Isringhausen, pitcher
Carl Everett, outfielder
Ryan Langerhans, outfielder
Pete Orr, infielder
Koby Clemens, infielder-outfielder
Justin Germano, pitcher
Koyie Hill, catcher
Barry Wesson, outfielder
Ryan Kohlmeier, pitcher

Sucks that Ken Griffey Jr. isn't playing though ( if he's capable ). The ratings would be through the roof.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/07/roger-c ... che-roster
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

They were talking about this in PTI yesterday. Apparently at 53 Clemens is still being clocked at 88 mph. Just slow enough for the younger kids to lock into his fastball and just fast enough to travel 450 feet.

I would definitely watch this.

$tevil
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:I would trade Chapman. The luxury these Yankees have in 2016 is that they literally have 3 capable closers. Betances is unproven, but his pitcher seem good enough
to be given the closer role in The Bronx. If the trade is good for the Yankees, if another team wants to offer "stars" in return for Chapman, I don't see a good reason why Cashman refuses the trade. The Yankees are probably not going to make a run, probably not going to make the playoffs, which is very difficult to admit since this franchise has been more than great for about 20 years.
Did I hear right that Chapman hit 105mph the other day?
I would trade him as well, Chapman's not happy unless he's the closer. That was going to be the problem with the Dodgers, Chapman and Jansen would have had a pissing contest.

Props to Miller for being a team player saying he'll set up, close or do whatever.
Sounds right, NYY already with two studs don't need him other than bate. Yeah, the time is ripe to sell but I wonder if they waited till the off season would their be more SP and players available. Unless they want farm boys it's a pretty thin.

---------------
killeverything wrote:Back surgery a possibility for Clayton Kershaw. FUCK! I fucking hate LAD, but Kershaw's career trajectory has him on par to finish among Walter Johnson, Christy Mathewson, and Pedro ( '98 - 99 ). I'd like to see it happen.
The Dodgers are done for a while.
I felt it would catch up to Clayton someday, I've been crossing fingers for 3 seasons. The last couple years he's battled the back issue and played though it or time off like last spring training when it flared up but I felt it would stop him at some point. You can only run from a disk problem for so long. FUCK! I've spent the season just checking in but I'm officially done.....Go Tribe. I'll skip the CUBS WS champs circus.

Good games Friedman....It began when they passed up all the Starting Studs last season while holding out for Greinke just to see him walk, LAD double fucked themselves.....Now they're a quarter billion team with a fielding a bunch of dime players.

I bet it happens again, this off season I'm guessing Jansen will be the highest paid closer or close to it and/or playing somewhere else. Jansen's never seemed happy and only wants money even if he ends up in Tampa.
Before the season I think the plan was to add Chapman and let Jensen walk at the end of the year before Chapman had to go and hit a bitch.
RIP LAD
-----------------

Cubs

Seen that chick from Grease got a couple dingers.....Rizzo? Bite the weenie.

Little Cubs fan switches baseballs before throwing back Mets HR ball! The little Cubs fan knew exactly what to do after catching the home run ball: throw it back. And so he did or did he?
Catches HR ball, dad switches it, kid throws back the fake....Take that visiting team! :lol:

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/chic ... lls-071916
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

UtahRatt wrote:
Cubs

Seen that chick from Grease got a couple dingers.....Rizzo? Bite the weenie.

Little Cubs fan switches baseballs before throwing back Mets HR ball! The little Cubs fan knew exactly what to do after catching the home run ball: throw it back. And so he did or did he?
Catches HR ball, dad switches it, kid throws back the fake....Take that visiting team! :lol:

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/chic ... lls-071916

The real question is what kind of parent brings his kid into the bleachers? Unless you want your kid to learn all the bad words in a quick 3 hours. Or see a guy with no pants puke everywhere after falling down the stairs without spilling his beer.

$tevil
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Word around the league is that Schrwarber will not be moved in any trade to acquire Chapman or Miller.

70% chance LAD gets Archer from Tampa. Archer? Archer! After all that talk and speculation it was for Longoria? Fuck you.

*ETA

Red Sox closer Koji Uehara expected to miss one month on his DL stint ( pectoral strain ).
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

killeverything wrote:Word around the league is that Schrwarber will not be moved in any trade to acquire Chapman or Miller.
At 46 id like to see them win just once. With their current rotation I think they'd be a lot better this year with Chapman/Miller.

I'm not sure I want a wife beater on the Cubs. Then you have the chemistry equation. Schwarber is loved by the team. He does everything with them except play. Not sure adding a wife beater to this team will do anything except add a faster fastball to their bullpen.

$tevil
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Cubs starters 1.54 ERA In 6 games since the break. Weird story on Hammels.

He credited the turnaround, oddly enough, to potato chips.

"(Team doctor Stephen Adams) called me over the break and told me again today, 'potato chips.'" Hammel said, "My prescription is potato chips, which blew me away because I've never heard of a doctor that said potato chips."

The reason for the snaky treat wasn't superstition; Hammel has been plagued at times during his career by cramps and dehydration, so Adams suggested turning to potato chips to boost his potassium levels.

"I think it turned out well," Hammel said.

$tevil
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

The rumor now is if the MFY don't turn their season around they're going to cut *rod and Horse Face :lol: to free up payroll and room on their DL.

That would be hysterical. I really really hope this happens. I couldn't imagine the hit to Mr. Yankee's ego this would be.

*please please please
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Dexter Fowler matters.

$tevil
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Ken Griffey Jr. will be the 24th CF inducted into the Hall. That's a cool coincidence. I got to see his Seattle HOF induction, he was supposed to speak for 10 minutes. No written speech, all off the top of his head. It ran for exactly 24 minutes. Amazing. Plus I got to see Jay Buhner cry and Randy Johnson smile.

The Rangers and White Sox are in serious talks about Chris Sale. Like serious enough that he was scratched from his start. TX is scary, but then when they added Cliff Lee and were unstoppable they lost 4-1 to SF ( an exciting day in Killeverything's world. Still can't believe that ).

Story tied Tolo's rookie shortstop HR record yesterday.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

killeverything wrote:Ken Griffey Jr. will be the 24th CF inducted into the Hall. That's a cool coincidence. I got to see his Seattle HOF induction, he was supposed to speak for 10 minutes. No written speech, all off the top of his head. It ran for exactly 24 minutes. Amazing. Plus I got to see Jay Buhner cry and Randy Johnson smile.

The Rangers and White Sox are in serious talks about Chris Sale. Like serious enough that he was scratched from his start. TX is scary, but then when they added Cliff Lee and were unstoppable they lost 4-1 to SF ( an exciting day in Killeverything's world. Still can't believe that ).

Story tied Tolo's rookie shortstop HR record yesterday.

Sale about to be moved. They made up a story about a clubhouse incident.

$tevil
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Apparently the Sale story not made up.

$tevil
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

johnk5150 wrote:Apparently the Sale story not made up.
Nope. I still think he's moved though.

And this is the ultimate Griffey Jr. mic drop.

http://teamstre.am/2aq2DJY
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Really cool.

$tevil
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

The Cubs offered top prospect Gleyber Torres for Chapman. Multiple pieces involved but it looks like it's going to get done. Confirmed Soler's in the mix.

Philly scouting Miami's GCL heavily for potential Hellickson trade.

Astros call up top prospect Bregman.

AZ has let it be known Shelby Miller is available. That was a dumb fucking trade. Dave Stewart was a beast on the mound, but he's dumb as shit as GM. The dude knows less about sabermetrics than Jack Zduriencik.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote:AZ has let it be known Shelby Miller is available. That was a dumb fucking trade. Dave Stewart was a beast on the mound, but he's dumb as shit as GM. The dude knows less about sabermetrics than Jack Zduriencik.
We had this talk about AZ before the season and now they've turned into last years Padres.
I figured AZ would come out competitive then drop to like 7+ games out of the wild card.....Not in LAST place and 17 back in the division! Hope they enjoy Zack's contract and he's happy in the cellar. Happy to see the Rockies closing in on .500 and in third, if they don't have a fire sale I see them moving up.

Dodgers pull within 3 games of your Giants! It ain't gonna last but after taking 2 of 3 from the Nat's and Card's on the road, they're fighting . LAD's been going with a 4 man rotation for a couple weeks....They're decimated. Statically they should be the Braves. It's taking more than Roberts but I have to admit he's doing a great job with a sinking ship.

The Tribe have cooled off a bit but so has the division.....Go Cleveland!

Da CUBS and Chapman....... :lol:

One way or another like the All-Snub game.......2016 CHAMPS!

------------------------------------------- :lol:

Regarding the possibility of the Diamondbacks trading star right-hander Zack Greinke in the first season of a six-year, $206.5MM contract, a source told Cafardo, “It would take a great return of players and the team would have to assume the entire contract. The Diamondbacks wouldn’t pay a dime.”
It seems as if Greinke will stay put, then. Before landing on the disabled list with an oblique injury earlier this month, the soon-to-be 33-year-old recorded a 3.62 ERA, 7.49 K/9, 1.73 BB/9 and 47.6 percent ground-ball rate across his first 109 1/3 innings as a Diamondback.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

John Hayman of the Chicago Tribune reporting Cubs will give up Torres for the wife beater. He should feel right at home here in the handgun capital of the US.

Rizzo.

$tevil
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

johnk5150 wrote:John Hayman of the Chicago Tribune reporting Cubs will give up Torres for the wife beater. He should feel right at home here in the handgun capital of the US.

Rizzo.
Cubs were fleeced by the Yankees. I LOVE IT!
Not only did the Yankees get 4 players in return for Chapman(the rental), but there is a chance the Yankees
will get the opportunity to sign Chapman after the 2016 season. AMAZING!
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

The Dodgers would be willing to include top prospect Julio Urias in a trade for White Sox ace Chris Sale, according to Joel Sherman of the New York Post. That’s a major concession, as Urias is arguably the very best pitching prospect in baseball. Los Angeles has declined to make him available in the past, and now that he has reached the majors, he would certainly represent a legitimate centerpiece in a deal for the even-more-valuable Sale.

Chris Sale to the Rangers............

Yankees gearing up for run at White Sox's Chris Sale? If not the Yankees, watch out for the Los Angeles Dodgers.

-----------------------------------

Not sure what happened with Sale's but I picked him for the CY and SO king....Not gonna happen but I'd put him in BLUE! There's a number of teams jockeying for Sales and after the Rangers dumped farm for Hamels it looks like the Sox's want the same if not more. If the Rangers land him they'll be scary....ER.
Even if LAD lands him they're not a contender so I might be shy about giving up a pot of gold even if he's one of my favorite horses.

Dodgers 2.5 back of the falling Giants! Again, nothing to worry about, just keeping it interesting. SF is pulling a CUBS but without the fanatical panic. OMFG SF NEEDS MILLER AND CESPEDES!

CUBS

Frazier Takes Arrieta Deep for 3-Run HR!
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:
johnk5150 wrote:John Hayman of the Chicago Tribune reporting Cubs will give up Torres for the wife beater. He should feel right at home here in the handgun capital of the US.

Rizzo.
Cubs were fleeced by the Yankees. I LOVE IT!
Not only did the Yankees get 4 players in return for Chapman(the rental), but there is a chance the Yankees
will get the opportunity to sign Chapman after the 2016 season. AMAZING!

But the CUBS are going to win it this year now that they have Chapman, they have everyone else.

2016 Champs!
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

UtahRatt wrote:The Dodgers would be willing to include top prospect Julio Urias in a trade for White Sox ace Chris Sale, according to Joel Sherman of the New York Post. That’s a major concession, as Urias is arguably the very best pitching prospect in baseball. Los Angeles has declined to make him available in the past, and now that he has reached the majors, he would certainly represent a legitimate centerpiece in a deal for the even-more-valuable Sale.

Chris Sale to the Rangers............

Yankees gearing up for run at White Sox's Chris Sale? If not the Yankees, watch out for the Los Angeles Dodgers.

-----------------------------------

Not sure what happened with Sale's but I picked him for the CY and SO king....Not gonna happen but I'd put him in BLUE! There's a number of teams jockeying for Sales and after the Rangers dumped farm for Hamels it looks like the Sox's want the same if not more. If the Rangers land him they'll be scary....ER.
Even if LAD lands him they're not a contender so I might be shy about giving up a pot of gold even if he's one of my favorite horses.

Dodgers 2.5 back of the falling Giants! Again, nothing to worry about, just keeping it interesting. SF is pulling a CUBS but without the fanatical panic. OMFG SF NEEDS MILLER AND CESPEDES!

CUBS

Frazier Takes Arrieta Deep for 3-Run HR!
Doesn't sound like Sale moving. I'd move him.

$tevil