Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by UtahRatt »

johnk5150 wrote:Doesn't sound like Sale moving. I'd move him.
I don't think he will either. The asking price is high, he's said he don't want to leave, they want to keep him and if I'm not mistaken he's under control for several years. Added, I still think he's one of the better pitchers in the game.

Stranger things have happened but I bet it would take the moon to pry him away.

If I was them I'd be open to raid a teams farm. Maybe LAD could toss in Julio Urias and Pugy! But I'd rather keep the kid, I think he might turn out in a couple years and they're going to need a young ace to build around.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Post by killeverything »

Melvin Upton Jr. from SD to Toronto for $ and a class "A" prospect.

I would completely move Sale. At the rate CHW is going they'll be a threat to win the WS near his retirement. If Cashman keeps getting his way ( Teix and *rod will be dropped ) and the MFY ( with the exception of McCann and Ellsbury ) will be in a lot better shape moving forward. Apparently Pineda wants out and their shopping Nova.

Even NYY is rebuilding and not by buying every single player in mlb. If the idiot twins can rebuild then anyone can.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

CUBS

Two losses in a row too their cross town rivals while being shut out today, LETS PLAY TWO! Bryant 0-4 3SO - 101SO
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

504 bad gateway double post............arggggggggggg
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Ichiro gets hit 2,997! 3 away from 3,000!

Mariners and Blue Jays swap Dan Storen and Joaquin Benoit.

Trade talks heating up for Reds' Jay Bruce.

SD trading Cashner is "imminent." Apparently the Padres killed it on the foreign free agent market, but it was a bunch of 16-17 year olds and are still a few years away.

St. Louis hasn't gotten a hit off Chapman in 25 innings. Helluva rental for the Cubs.
killeverything

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEChapmsnndingBaseballThread

Post by killeverything »

Chapman threw 13 fastballs in his debut for the Cubs.
101, 101, 102, 101, 102, 101, 103, 101, 101, 100, 100, 102, and 103. Yep.

Familia's 52 saves/opportunities broken by St. Louis.

TX confirms Fielder done for season.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote:Chapman threw 13 fastballs in his debut for the Cubs.
101, 101, 102, 101, 102, 101, 103, 101, 101, 100, 100, 102, and 103. Yep
Imagine his bitch slap! Sounds like the CUBS are still shopping, all in! CUBS in 16.

Or Griffey! I thought of you oddly enough, I'm pondering buy two pair of those Griffey for Pres shoes....I know someone who will give me a fair price. I'll give ya a bumper sticker if I do cause I plan to wear one, keep the other.....Don't ask why I'd buy um or wear them in the first place.

I did see on ebay a dude is selling a bunch of the stickers....He states they're the authentic but NO way I'm thinking.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

UtahRatt wrote:
killeverything wrote:Chapman threw 13 fastballs in his debut for the Cubs.
101, 101, 102, 101, 102, 101, 103, 101, 101, 100, 100, 102, and 103. Yep
Imagine his bitch slap! Sounds like the CUBS are still shopping, all in! CUBS in 16.

Or Griffey! I thought of you oddly enough, I'm pondering buy two pair of those Griffey for Pres shoes....I know someone who will give me a fair price. I'll give ya a bumper sticker if I do cause I plan to wear one, keep the other.....Don't ask why I'd buy um or wear them in the first place.

I did see on ebay a dude is selling a bunch of the stickers....He states they're the authentic but NO way I'm thinking.
Cool. I first saw the sticker above Taijuan Walker's locker ( photo ). I researched and found out they were only available with the shoes. I briefly worked for Nike and had all the employee passes/discounts. I. Do. Not. Wear. Nike. So they were useless to me. Kinda wish I had em' now though.

Royals making Wade Davis and Ian Kennedy available.

CHW making James Shields available. No word on Sale.

Execs say the Chapman trade "dropped a value grenade" at the deadline and teams are scrambling to adjust.

Marlins reinstate Dee Gordon.

*ETA

SFG reinstate Joe Panik DFA Greene.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

SportsCenter @SportsCenter
Go Cubs Go! Aroldis Chapman records a perfect 4-out save to give Cubs a 3-1 victory over White Sox!

Seriously?
Just link ESPN, MLB and all sports sites to the CUBS home page and throw the WS parade already. Click over the main page and it's littered with shit, chapman headlines, interviews, videos too Mulling over a new translator all because of 4-SO's...Oh and....Ichrio doubles for 2,998. I almost miss the Yankees and Red Sox's dominating news. GO CUBS GO!

Of course it was topped by CUBS beat Sale's in his return.....And Aroldis Chapman closed the door!

---------------

Gordon apologizes before rejoining Marlins! Good luck with that Dee.
If Dee ever comes close to being a good hitter OFF PED's I'll eat my shoe, he looked like Max Scherzer swinging the bat till his last year in LA when he started Roids and was traded. He'll still have the speed but in the Box he looked afraid or like a chick with a bat until he started juicing and won the BA Title in 2 seasons. It clearly showed in his more aggressive defense, base stealing and muscle definition. I totally rooted for the guy but it shows what PED's can do. Up and down from the farm to a title in 2 years.

It will be interesting to see if he ends up like Brady Anderson 16HR to 50HR to 18HR or makes Jason Giambi's after effects look like a HOFer. "I'm a totally believer Anderson was on PED's in 96 regardless of the argument"

Giambi may have admitted but down playing it by saying he really didn't notice a "huge difference" was a joke, almost as much as Giambi and his brother both got their PED's from Bond's trainer Greg Anderson yet Bonds will never come clean like ARoid.

In the end it sucks, I really liked and rooted for Dee Gordon but if the MLB was serious they'd impose life time bans while they continue to hold players like Pete Rose accountable for their actions. After all the damage, PED's should be just as big of a sin as betting on baseball. More so IMO.

------------------

Giants acquire All-Star infielder Eduardo Nunez from Twins for a minor league pitcher.
Nunez was batting .296 with 12 home runs and 47 RBIs this season for the Twins and was leading the American League with 27 steals at the time of the trade.

Dodgers closes the gap down to 2 games back now! I'm guessing that's the closest they'll get. There's no one to pick up that would make a difference.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

UtahRatt wrote:SportsCenter @SportsCenter
Go Cubs Go! Aroldis Chapman records a perfect 4-out save to give Cubs a 3-1 victory over White Sox!

Seriously?
Just link ESPN, MLB and all sports sites to the CUBS home page and throw the WS parade already. Click over the main page and it's littered with shit, chapman headlines, interviews, videos too Mulling over a new translator all because of 4-SO's...Oh and....Ichrio doubles for 2,998. I almost miss the Yankees and Red Sox's dominating news. GO CUBS GO!

Of course it was topped by CUBS beat Sale's in his return.....And Aroldis Chapman closed the door!

---------------

Gordon apologizes before rejoining Marlins! Good luck with that Dee.
If Dee ever comes close to being a good hitter OFF PED's I'll eat my shoe, he looked like Max Scherzer swinging the bat till his last year in LA when he started Roids and was traded. He'll still have the speed but in the Box he looked afraid or like a chick with a bat until he started juicing and won the BA Title in 2 seasons. It clearly showed in his more aggressive defense, base stealing and muscle definition. I totally rooted for the guy but it shows what PED's can do. Up and down from the farm to a title in 2 years.

It will be interesting to see if he ends up like Brady Anderson 16HR to 50HR to 18HR or makes Jason Giambi's after effects look like a HOFer. "I'm a totally believer Anderson was on PED's in 96 regardless of the argument"

Giambi may have admitted but down playing it by saying he really didn't notice a "huge difference" was a joke, almost as much as Giambi and his brother both got their PED's from Bond's trainer Greg Anderson yet Bonds will never come clean like ARoid.

In the end it sucks, I really liked and rooted for Dee Gordon but if the MLB was serious they'd impose life time bans while they continue to hold players like Pete Rose accountable for their actions. After all the damage, PED's should be just as big of a sin as betting on baseball. More so IMO.

------------------

Giants acquire All-Star infielder Eduardo Nunez from Twins for a minor league pitcher.
Nunez was batting .296 with 12 home runs and 47 RBIs this season for the Twins and was leading the American League with 27 steals at the time of the trade.

Dodgers closes the gap down to 2 games back now! I'm guessing that's the closest they'll get. There's no one to pick up that would make a difference.
Meh. It's Cubs right now. It's normally Lebron or Curry or whomever is the star of that fake ass sport. It happens. It's ESPN. I don't watch it. With the exception of the post season with the baseball channel. I barely have to watch Fox and Joe Buck.

We'll see what Gordon does. I highly believe Bret Boone used. 50 HRs, dawg? You? Get the fuck out of here. If Gordon stays confident I think he might still have some pop. Miami believes they're still in the hunt.

Barry admitted to using. Except he did it unknowingly. I call bullshit on that one. If my large nuts shrank to the size of a bb and my head grew mongoloid size in a couple of weeks? I would ask my trainer/doc what the hell is going on.

SF has been in a fall for a bit, but they were without a quarter of their lineup ( Pence, Duff, and Panik ) for a while. In SF land there is panic, but it's too early for that. They should be fine-ish. This is the norm now. That coaching staff and "team" continue to blow my mind.

The team that really needed to upgrade at closer ( Washington ) so they could protect a lead for hairflip boy, didn't. It amuses me to hear analysts drone on that "that's what the Nats are missing." They've apparently forgotten that Dusty Baker is the manager. IF they make it that far, he'll fuck it up.

I hate to get all ESPN, but the Cubs got really scary.

*ETA

Marlins to acquire Andrew Cashner and Colin Rea from SD.
LAPoet
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by LAPoet »

Giants are killing me these days. They do this every year. Go on a 3 week stretch where they look like garbage. Triple play tonight pretty much summed up the last 2 weeks.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

LAPoet wrote:Giants are killing me these days. They do this every year. Go on a 3 week stretch where they look like garbage. Triple play tonight pretty much summed up the last 2 weeks.
Pence returns tomorrow. That should ignite a spark, so to speak. The sky ain't fallin' yet. They. Do. This. Every. Year. Usually it's in June. They were saying they won't rape the farm or future for win now players.

The MFY are the best example of that. After the loss to AZ. They went spend crazy and only bought ONE ring. The dynasty previously? Farm grown players. Cashman is trying to get back there. If he does ( what he did as an assistant was pretty impressive ). They could build a deep farm grown team. Not unlike Boston, Houston, or ( with the exception of Cueto, Shark, and via-trade Pence ) SF.

They need a new piece, but don't expect a Miller.

This season is wacky. I totally expected AZ to be better, TX to be less, and Florida not an actual NL East threat.

I have no predictions. As long as NYY and LAD don't win I'm happy. Oh, and fuck the Royals too. I really dislike that team.
Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Facedown »

I like the Royals. Only because the have said they're interested in Buchholz.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

I wonder if Zack Grienke regret signing with the DBacks.
They are in last place, 17 games out, season over.
If not mistaken the big hang up with not resigning with the Dodgers was Arizona gave him an extra year.
Well, this year is that year & such a waste!
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

:twisted:
Facedown wrote:I like the Royals. Only because the have said they're interested in Buchholz.
:lol:

The guy looked like Jon Lester once and Jeff Weaver the majority of the other. I have no idea why a team would be interested in him. On his couple of good starts....when he was a rookie....he seemed liked a #2. I hate KC because after their '14 loss they started playing like douchebags.

Come on. I've heard gangsta rappers that are more believable than you. I thought it was ridiculous.

LAD is high in the mix for Jay Bruce. I still think a big trade is going down. Pitsburgh wants a "Chapman like" deal for Melancon. It's Washington, SF, Cleveland, and TX. I don't think it happens. The Nats are all in, but to my knowledge the Indians and Rangers are the only teams with the pieces to get it done.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

killeverything wrote::twisted:
Facedown wrote:I like the Royals. Only because the have said they're interested in Buchholz.
:lol:

The guy looked like Jon Lester once and Jeff Weaver the majority of the other. I have no idea why a team would be interested in him. On his couple of good starts....when he was a rookie....he seemed liked a #2. I hate KC because after their '14 loss they started playing like douchebags.

Come on. I've heard gangsta rappers that are more believable than you. I thought it was ridiculous.

LAD is high in the mix for Jay Bruce. I still think a big trade is going down. Pitsburgh wants a "Chapman like" deal for Melancon. It's Washington, SF, Cleveland, and TX. I don't think it happens. The Nats are all in, but to my knowledge the Indians and Rangers are the only teams with the pieces to get it done.
Who do you think the Dodgers give up to land Bruce?
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

yeahbuddy wrote:I wonder if Zack Grienke regret signing with the DBacks.
They are in last place, 17 games out, season over.
If not mistaken the big hang up with not resigning with the Dodgers was Arizona gave him an extra year.
Well, this year is that year & such a waste!
I don't think so. He's hurt #1. #2 he hated some of his LA teammates. #3 he's openly admired how AZ plays the game and their players. Zach is pretty knowledgeable about baseball. All aspects; he loves AZ's style and....I'm not sure what adjective I should use here...mental picture(?) of plays.

I didn't think AZ would cough up the money to get him. It was last second on their end too. He stated repeatedly that was the biggest issue. It was just in their favor he likes the organization.
Yeahbuddy wrote:What do you think the Dodgers give up to get Bruce?
No idea. Friedman has built up a farm ( especially international signings ) in his tenure there. I just know they're in the mix and could possibly get it done.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Nevermind. The Nats just got Melancon.
johnk5150
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by johnk5150 »

Why did Maddon let Arrieta start the 8th inning?

I understand Chapman receives a blown save yesterday, but those two runs belong to Jake with runners on 1st and O'Malley running with the pitch that loss is all on Jake and
Maddon.

I can't believe I just defended a wife beater.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

LuCroy just vetoed a trade to the Indians.

Andrew Miller traded to Cleveland for OF Clint Frazier LHP Justus Sheffield RHPs JP Freyesianwhatever ( what a stupid name ) and Ben Heller. Didn't see that one coming.

MFY get Tyler Clippard from Arizona.

Kemp to Braves for Olivera.

McCann being shopped. MFY stuck with Ellesbury :lol: still can't believe that contract.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:LuCroy just vetoed a trade to the Indians.

Andrew Miller traded to Cleveland for OF Clint Frazier LHP Justus Sheffield RHPs JP Freyesianwhatever ( what a stupid name ) and Ben Heller. Didn't see that one coming.

MFY get Tyler Clippard from Arizona.

Kemp to Braves for Olivera.

McCann being shopped. MFY stuck with Ellesbury :lol: still can't believe that contract.
Fucking Yankees are stock piling some serious talent. I'm surprised teams like the Indians and Cubs are giving away so much for
lefty arms. How could the Yankees not green light these trades considering what they are receiving in return.
Anyway, Betances becomes the new closer. I like that move a lot.
McCann being shopped-Sounds good to me. Just not a good fit in NY and the Yankees have Gary Sanchez waiting in the wings to take over the C position for many years.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Clay Buchholz in talks to be traded to Miami. So far the Marlins feel the price is too high.

Orioles trade for Wade Miley in Seattle. Why? I hated this signing for the Mariners. Seattle gets AAA pitcher Ariel Miranda. This pretty much removes Baltimore from the Hellickson sweepstakes.

Chances of Sale getting traded less than 5% according to sources. Bummer. I'd like to see him go somewhere with a future.

And holy shit did the MFY set themselves up good. I just read an interview with Cashman where he's talking about how the game has changed. How they used to be able to just buy everybody and now they can't.

It's about time he ( or the retarded trustafarians ) realized that. I think the biggest change the game has seen in a long time was Billy Beane. He also talked about how smart the smaller marker FOs are and how you can't really get anywhere without a deep farm now ( ie. Chicago NL, Houston, KC, etc. ).
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

johnk5150 wrote:Why did Maddon let Arrieta start the 8th inning?

I understand Chapman receives a blown save yesterday, but those two runs belong to Jake with runners on 1st and O'Malley running with the pitch that loss is all on Jake and
Maddon.

I can't believe I just defended a wife beater.

So he's no Mariano Rivera? They do it from time to time with Jansen and he never had a problem putting out one or two in the 8th then shutting down the 9th.

Chapman wants to be John Rocker........My phone don't ring till it's the 9th, negro!
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Cruz, Canó, and Lee with some nice homers for the M's so far tonight.

Kemp seems like a sound signing for the Braves, too.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

dmbrocker wrote:Cruz, Canó, and Lee with some nice homers for the M's so far tonight.

The Ms are within striking distance of making the playoffs. Plus the King is back and healthy ( 5.2IP 8K ). I'm dying to see Hernandez on the playoff stage.
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

killeverything wrote:
dmbrocker wrote:Cruz, Canó, and Lee with some nice homers for the M's so far tonight.

The Ms are within striking distance of making the playoffs. Plus the King is back and healthy ( 5.2IP 8K ). I'm dying to see Hernandez on the playoff stage.
King Felix is definitely one of, if not the best pitcher Seattle's had since The Big Unit himself. He'll take them far.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

dmbrocker wrote:
killeverything wrote:

King Felix is definitely one of, if not the best pitcher Seattle's had since The Big Unit himself. He'll take them far.
Seattle who? Nobody cares about that baseball team up in the Pacific Northwest. That town had "The Kid" and that resulted in how many rings? ZERO!
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:
dmbrocker wrote:
killeverything wrote:
Seattle who? Nobody cares about that baseball team up in the Pacific Northwest. That town had "The Kid" and that resulted in how many rings? ZERO!
They have a following in WA. I go there often. They have a fanbase and the nicest park I've ever been to.

What they don't have is bandwagon support. You know like people that really really like the most popular teams in all sports, because their trite?

Yankees and Cowboys. You have to be the biggest tool I've ever come across and that's saying something.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:
Machado wrote:
dmbrocker wrote:
They have a following in WA. I go there often. They have a fanbase and the nicest park I've ever been to.

What they don't have is bandwagon support. You know like people that really really like the most popular teams in all sports, because their trite?

Yankees and Cowboys. You have to be the biggest tool I've ever come across and that's saying something.
FU Kill! You have the same weak post every baseball season. The problem with your theory is, I am still a fan when my favorite teams
don't do so well. I.E., the Yankees this year are not very good but I'm still here posting messages about baseball and the team.
Same goes for the Cowboys. Last two years have been terrible and for different reasons, but you don't see me changing my favorite
team because things are not going very well.
You on the other hand were a Red Sux fan, a SF Giants fan, probably a Mariners fans when they won 100 plus games over ten years ago and who knows
which baseball cap you have on right now. Might be Cubs or Nats or maybe even the O's, you P.O.S.!
I liked you better when you were a Red Sux fan only. Those were good posts.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Who is the player responsible or which team started the awful trend of tearing off a player's jersey
when he delivers a walk of hit or drives in the winning run for a walk off win? RIDICULOUS!
One players today that I won't mention because he is nothing but a scrub, literally ripped his shirt
off and pranced around the field topless. WHO CARES! You did your job and everybody is supposed
to give you extra applause all of a sudden?
Then in the Cubs game, Lester gets the game winning suicide squeeze bunt and his teammates rip
his jersey off his back. WTF!!!
:roll: