Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Sheep_Mafia
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by Sheep_Mafia »

killeverything wrote:
Show me where Ortiz failed the test. There was no false positive with the Mitchell Report. He peed completely clean and they didn't believe it so he was signaled. He did explain it. He didn't fail. Still hasn't.
Where does that come from? Ortiz failed the test and was on the list. That's some crazy truther stuff you are floating out there--"they didn't believe it so he was signaled"? Haha, wow Kill.

There is story after story out there, a great-many from a Ortiz apologist point of view and even they aren't trying to push that garbage you are. His official defense is no one ever told him and now they won't tell him what substance he failed for because it was supposed to be private and there are legal reasons. Who knows if that's even true or if he is making that up too but c'mon he failed the test. He talks about GNC in his explanations over the years not that ignorance you are peddling.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2015 ... story.html
http://www.theplayerstribune.com/david- ... he-record/

Plus he claims he is tested more than any other MLB player which obviously indicates he is in the program meaning a failed test (not the 2003 one that he failed because that one doesn't count). Of course he could just be lying about how much he is tested since apparently who knows when he is lying.

http://mlb.nbcsports.com/2015/03/27/did ... editorial/
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Post by killeverything »

Sheep_Mafia wrote:
killeverything wrote:
Show me where Ortiz failed the test. There was no false positive with the Mitchell Report. He peed completely clean and they didn't believe it so he was signaled. He did explain it. He didn't fail. Still hasn't.
Where does that come from? Ortiz failed the test and was on the list. That's some crazy truther stuff you are floating out there--"they didn't believe it so he was signaled"? Haha, wow Kill.

There is story after story out there, a great-many from a Ortiz apologist point of view and even they aren't trying to push that garbage you are. His official defense is no one ever told him and now they won't tell him what substance he failed for because it was supposed to be private and there are legal reasons. Who knows if that's even true or if he is making that up too but c'mon he failed the test. He talks about GNC in his explanations over the years not that ignorance you are peddling.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2015 ... story.html
http://www.theplayerstribune.com/david- ... he-record/

Plus he claims he is tested more than any other MLB player which obviously indicates he is in the program meaning a failed test (not the 2003 one that he failed because that one doesn't count). Of course he could just be lying about how much he is tested since apparently who knows when he is lying.

http://mlb.nbcsports.com/2015/03/27/did ... editorial/
I read he tested completely clean. Nothing. No supplements or anything, so he was flagged.

If he's still tested like crazy funny how he hasn't failed, or had his name dropped, been on a clinic's list. The only thing out there is the Mitchell Report. We don't even know what he tested positive for. Funny how almost every single player that tested positive had more come out later, except Ortiz.

Yankee fans are frothing at the mouth over that one. There were more than a few false positives on that list. Gio Gonzalez was one of them.

Show me where he's positive or at least even suspected of buying from Biogenesis, or *rod's cousin, etc. and I'll believe you. Until then all you have is hope that one of the guy's that gave them the biggest choke job in baseball history was juiced. Manny was and popped repeatedly afterwards. Funny how Ortiz hasn't been.
Sheep_Mafia
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Sheep_Mafia »

killeverything wrote:
I read he tested completely clean. Nothing. No supplements or anything, so he was flagged.

If he's still tested like crazy funny how he hasn't failed, or had his name dropped, been on a clinic's list. The only thing out there is the Mitchell Report. We don't even know what he tested positive for. Funny how almost every single player that tested positive had more come out later, except Ortiz.

Yankee fans are frothing at the mouth over that one. There were more than a few false positives on that list. Gio Gonzalez was one of them.

Show me where he's positive or at least even suspected of buying from Biogenesis, or *rod's cousin, etc. and I'll believe you. Until then all you have is hope that one of the guy's that gave them the biggest choke job in baseball history was juiced. Manny was and popped repeatedly afterwards. Funny how Ortiz hasn't been.
I think you made it up but if you did actually read that fantasy then it had to be from some extreme Red Sox fanboy site, cause it certainly isn't factual nor does it even line up with the words of Ortiz that I helped you out with by linking.

Knowing what we all know now, the only argument that approaches the almost unbelievable stupidity of your first (they couldn't believe he passed so they flagged him), is that he hasn't failed a test since he failed a test so he must be clean. So by your estimation only the very small handful of players that have actually failed a test and those very small groups of players that got exposed through shady clinics are juicers? I'd personally be surprised if ARod didn't use essentially his entire career and yet the only test he ever failed was the same that Ortiz, Manny and Clemens etc did. Yes he got caught up with the clinic but that only shows he was more careless and had worse sources than most others.

You are a good baseball fan and all but you have your head completely in the sand on this.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Sheep_Mafia wrote: I think you made it up but if you did actually read that fantasy then it had to be from some extreme Red Sox fanboy site, cause it certainly isn't factual nor does it even line up with the words of Ortiz that I helped you out with by linking.

Knowing what we all know now, the only argument that approaches the almost unbelievable stupidity of your first (they couldn't believe he passed so they flagged him), is that he hasn't failed a test since he failed a test so he must be clean. So by your estimation only the very small handful of players that have actually failed a test and those very small groups of players that got exposed through shady clinics are juicers? I'd personally be surprised if ARod didn't use essentially his entire career and yet the only test he ever failed was the same that Ortiz, Manny and Clemens etc did. Yes he got caught up with the clinic but that only shows he was more careless and had worse sources than most others.

You are a good baseball fan and all but you have your head completely in the sand on this.
Maybe he did. My point is is that he hasn't failed or even been implicated since, so I'm more prone to believe the false positive story. We'll unlikely never know since they won't release the results.

Arod started using in Texas. As for all the popped players Arod and Clemens ( #3 on my alltime favorites growing up list ) pissed me off the most. Arod looked like the next Willie Mays or Jr. The guy that COULD have been the greatest of all time. That was a huge black eye for the sport. More so than McGwire and Sosa IMO.

Shin Soo Choo likely out for season.

SFG sign Joe Nathan to a minor league deal.

Nathan Eovaldi has torn flexor strain and partially torn UCL. Requires 2 surgeries. Will miss all of 2017 season.

St. L's Matt Holiday to have thumb surgery and P Seth Maness to have TJ surgery.

Cespedes begins A rehab. Eyes return Wednesday or Tbursday.

Red Sox P Stephen Wright on DL.
johnk5150
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by johnk5150 »

Rizzo. Just did that.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

johnk5150 wrote:Rizzo. Just did that.

Utley. Just did it twice.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

UtahRatt wrote:
johnk5150 wrote:Rizzo. Just did that.

Utley. Just did it twice.
A HR and a grandslam plus two curtain calls. They still love him in Philly.

Rizzo and Pence have my nom for catch of the year. Here's Pence:

In 3 starts Justus Sheffield has lowered his ERA to 1.04 in A adv. Tampa. He's still a couple years away, but if that kid can continue holy shit.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

That catch by Pence is awesome on a level that makes me want to put on a glove.
I dig Utley, they don't make um like him anymore. It's cool his in LA but he's a Philly, sucks they don't have a team.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Right in time for the run. Kershaw to return to LAD tomorrow. The Dodgers are 6.5R a game since the ASB.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

killeverything wrote:Right in time for the run. Kershaw to return to LAD tomorrow. The Dodgers are 6.5R a game since the ASB.

Love love LOVE watching him pitch. If the Cubs play LA or SF in the playoffs I'm going out there.

$tevil
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

johnk5150 wrote:
killeverything wrote:Right in time for the run. Kershaw to return to LAD tomorrow. The Dodgers are 6.5R a game since the ASB.

Love love LOVE watching him pitch. If the Cubs play LA or SF in the playoffs I'm going out there.
:lol: People that hate LAD more than a love child of ISiS and Hitler love love LOVE watching him pitch. If that guy remains healthy he could be the greatest of all time. He's a phenom.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

2015 #1 pick Colby Swanson went 2-4 in his major league debut.

Which brings me to my next post. Swanson was drafted by AZ and traded to Atlanta in the Shelby Miller trade. Keith Law for EPPN Insider ( don't pay for that shit ) wrote an article on how completely inept Dave Stewart and Tony Larussa are in their jobs for AZ.

The whole FO is pretty bad actually. I guess he talks about how Stewart didn't know the international signing bonus rules and had to be told by other GMs that "no, you can't do that" when attempting to conduct business with them. I'm not surprised, he disagrees with any use much less the existence of sabermetrics.

I read a funny quote though I would like to share. "It's too bad Roger Clemens isn't a GM. He could finally beat Dave Stewart at something." :lol: Word.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Bryant just Errored that.
Chapman just blew that!

Ryan Rayburn walk off in the 11th! Rockies FTW
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Texas Rangers to sign Carlos Gomez.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

UtahRatt wrote:Bryant just Errored that.
Chapman just blew that!

I woke up to take my old man piss around 1. Flipped on the tv just in time to see them blow a 5-1 lead and lose. They did better tonight.

$tevil
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

johnk5150 wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:Bryant just Errored that.
Chapman just blew that!

I woke up to take my old man piss around 1. Flipped on the tv just in time to see them blow a 5-1 lead and lose. They did better tonight.
They did a lot better....Heard they gave Chapman 2 days off after blowing 2 out of the last 3.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote:I read a funny quote though I would like to share. "It's too bad Roger Clemens isn't a GM. He could finally beat Dave Stewart at something." :lol: Word.
I laughed..... :lol:
How much longer till we hear.....Dave's not here!
Dave sucks and I rooted for him as a kid. I knew AZ wasn't going to be around after the break but I was wrong, Arizona hasn't been in all season. I think I said 7+ out of the WC at best and they're 17+ back of the division in last place! So much for the off season talks, they're this seasons Padres. Far to much talent to suck that bad. I hope Grenke is liking it, I hope AZ is enjoying that last second sniping contract.

-----------------

LAD's just turned 20-year-old Julio Urias shut out Cincy and won his third straight. They've tossed him from the farm, to the pen to starting to the farm, at 19 years old he's been developing on the job...If the saying is true about 17 to 20 is just asking for arm injuries they're going to ruin this young lefty.

This talk about Kershaw's greatness has me biting my tongue. Third year in a row and his back has finally put him down. For now he wont need surgery but how do you get around a herniated disk? His future outlook is scary to me. At 28 I'd love to see him be mentioned with the likes of Pedro and beyond "since LAD gave Pedro away!" but I see clouds. If Clayton dominates another 5 years I'll be surprised let alone 3 more. I was shocked he did it last year, after a spring training flare up it's why he came out of the gate slow then went on a terror. Now he's out and might not even hit the farm for rehab before taking the mound.
LAD is dead set on making the playoffs this year but at what cost, I'd shut him and Urias down. With the record DL list already, what do ya do.

----------------------------

Sounds like the Doc has relapsed. Darryl Strawberry on Dwight Gooden: 'Have to try something before he's dead'. The duo, who were the subject of ESPN's 30 for 30 documentary "Doc & Darryl," were recently scheduled to make a joint public appearance, but Gooden was a no-show.
"He's a complete junkie-addict," Strawberry told the New York's Daily News about Gooden. "I've been trying behind the scenes to talk to him and get him to go for help, but he won't listen.
http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/1736 ... kie-addict

------------------------

Things keep getting worse in Oakland.
Report: Billy Butler hurt in altercation with A's teammate Danny Valencia.....A season to forget in Oakland may have taken an unusual turn as two A's players engaged in an altercation that left one injured.
Since then, Butler has missed Oakland's games Saturday and Sunday with what manager Bob Melvin said was nausea and vomiting. While neither Melvin nor any of his players would confirm the report, Melvin did say Butler's health woes were not related to the flu or any illness.

------------------------------
Stats of the week!
In a final nod to the Rio Olympics, there was so much weirdness this week that we had to introduce a "minimum qualifying standard" of two home runs and five RBIs to make our post.

Ryan Schimpf's second home run Friday was a three-run walk-off in the 10th inning. He's the sixth player in San Diego Padres history to hit a walk-off as part of a two-homer game (the other was Ryan Ludwick in 2011), and the first of those to drive in five runs.

Schimpf overshadowed the Diamondbacks' Jean Segura, who had five hits and three steals. He was the second Diamondback to do that and the first in the majors since Dee Gordon in 2014. The other Diamondback was current Brewers manager Craig Counsell in 2005.

Not to worry. The Diamondbacks have two entrants of their own in this event. Rickie Weeks and Yasmany Tomas combined to drive in 11 runs on Wednesday. They are the first teammates in Diamondbacks history to hit two homers and five RBIs in the same game and the first in the majors since 2009.

Justin Upton had a pair of three-run homers for the Detroit Tigers on Sunday in his fourth career "two-and-five" game. The oddity is that he has had one such game with each team he has played for (the Diamondbacks, Braves and Padres are the others). He is currently (until the next one) the only player with exactly four such career games with four different teams.

Nolan Arenado matched Upton with two three-run dingers on Sunday, which was the third time this year that he has hit two homers and driven in at least five runs. All of those, naturally, were at Coors Field; the only other player to do that three times in a season at Coors was Andres Galarraga (four in 1996).

Adrian Gonzalez had two homers and five RBIs on Wednesday, and he was the first Dodger to do so since ... Chase Utley on Tuesday. The last time the Dodgers had players with that line in back-to-back games was June 29-30, 1996, by Mike Piazza and Raul Mondesi.

"I was at both 1996 games, Pizza, Mondesi and Eric Karros went back to back to back in the night cap"

Kris Bryant exploded for a five-hit, five-RBI game on Thursday. See more on his escapades in our weekly Cubs post. CUBS/ESPN.com :lol:

Our final entrant, Mookie Betts, who qualified with a three-homer game last Sunday, met the standard again Tuesday. It was his fourth "two-and-five" game this year, and that's the most since Jose Bautista in 2010. The only other Red Sox hitter with four such games in a season was Jimmie Foxx in 1938.

All told, there have been 14 "two-and-five" games in the majors since Aug. 12. Since RBIs became an official stat in 1920, that's the most in any 10-day span.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

AZ is too talented to be this bad. I didn't have them winning the Division, but thought they would be in the wild card race.

The thing is though, Dave Stewart makes Jack Zduriencik look like Bill James. I thought with the addition of Greinke they would have a run this season. Greinke has made it very clear for a while now he likes how AZ plays. I wonder with him being such a student of the game how he feels now.

Like if he pays attention to farm systems and what not, because their trades have been unbelievably stupid. Shelby Miller? :lol:

I don't know what to think of LA. There is no way Kershaw would take some time to rest. He is way too much of a competitor. That team has a lot of money in them. They will fight every inch for the playoffs. At the expense of Urias or not. Ever since Magic and Co. bought them they've had the Steinbrenner World Series or bust mentality. Since SF is good again they're really going all out now.

Billy Beane wrote the fucking book on how to be a broke bottom dweller and field a competitive team. He broke every single one of his "rules" shaking the team up. Donaldson, Cespedes, Lester, Butler....the A's are fucked.

Holy shit Mookie Betts is good. That guy was the untouchable prospect in Boston. For good reason apparently.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

2017 Yankees tryouts have started and rookie catcher Gary Sanchez has made the team.

In his last nine games, Sanchez is 17-for-35 with six homers and two doubles. Overall, he is batting .379 with six homers and 12 RBIs in 58 at-bats. Brian McCann, a seven-time All-Star on a five-year, $85 million contract, is the backup catcher now and a DH.

NYY Luis Cessa wins in first big league start, Cessa pitched six scoreless innings as the New York Yankees beat the Los Angeles Angels 5-1 on Saturday night.

----------------Hall of Fame situations of Alex Rodriguez, intriguing -------

2007 - With "60 Minutes" Alex Rodriguez told Katie Couric he had never used steroids, human growth hormone or any other performance-enhancing substance!

2009 - Alex Rodriguez told reporter Peter Gammons that he experimented with steroids during his seasons with the Texas Rangers from 2001-03. "I did take a banned substance, and for that I'm very sorry."

2010's - Alex Rodriguez has repeatedly declared he did not use steroids supplied by the Biogenesis clinic....

2014 - Alex Rodiguez - Yes, I bought performance-enhancing drugs from Biogenesis of America.
Paying roughly $12,000 a month over about two years. Yes, the Biogenesis owner gave him pre-filled syringes for hormone injections into his stomach, and even drew blood from him in the men’s room of a South Beach nightclub. And yes, Rodriguez’s cousin, Yuri Sucart, was his steroid go-fer.

2009 - Alex Rodriguez, "All my years in New York have been clean"

2014 - Alex Rodriguez’s DEA confession: Yes, I used steroids! Rodriguez used substances prohibited by Major League Baseball from late 2010 to October 2012. He admitted getting testosterone cream, lozenges laced with testosterone (aka “gummies”) and human growth hormone injections.

So just to be clear..............Arod

2007 - "never used steroids, human growth hormone or any other performance-enhancing substance!"
2009 - "I did take a banned substance, and for that I'm very sorry."

2010 - " I did not use steroids supplied by the Biogenesis "
2014 - "Yes, I bought performance-enhancing drugs from Biogenesis"

2009 - "All my years in New York have been clean"
2014 - "Yes, I used steroids from late 2010 to October 2012!"

2014 - "Yes, I used steroids from someone who pretended to be a Miami doctor" "He drew blood from me in the men’s room of a South Beach nightclub."

If Gummy Rodiguez is inducted into the HOF it should only be after Anthony Bosch and Rafael Palmeiro is voted in.

------------------------------------------------------------

Albert Pujols got his 583rd home run in the ninth inning Saturday night tying him with former St. Louis Cardinals teammate Mark McGwire for *10th on the *career list.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Mr. Yankee is such a douche.

Stephen Strasburg to DL with pectoral strain.

Pappelbon still without a team. A Red Sox reunion unlikely.

LAD is still trying to give away Puig ( who is destroying AAA ). If those reports are true a plus bat like his must be incredibly toxic.

*ETA

Blue Jays DH Edwin Encarcion being sued 11.5m for battery and STDs. STDs? Who knew he and The Captain were lovers.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

UtahRatt wrote:2017 Yankees tryouts have started and rookie catcher Gary Sanchez has made the team.

In his last nine games, Sanchez is 17-for-35 with six homers and two doubles. Overall, he is batting .379 with six homers and 12 RBIs in 58 at-bats. Brian McCann, a seven-time All-Star on a five-year, $85 million contract, is the backup catcher now and a DH.
Kill, to be very honest, I am not expecting much for this kid in 2016. That being said, he has already exceeded all my expectations with the bat
and on defense. He has a very strong arm and has shown that off since he was called up. I want to say he is 6 for 6, throwing out potential base stealers.
Anyway, if Sanchez can have 1/2 the career Posada had as a catcher, Yankee fans would take that.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:2017 Yankees tryouts have started and rookie catcher Gary Sanchez has made the team.

Kill, to be very honest, I am not expecting much for this kid in 2016. That being said, he has already exceeded all my expectations with the bat
and on defense. He has a very strong arm and has shown that off since he was called up. I want to say he is 6 for 6, throwing out potential base stealers.
Anyway, if Sanchez can have 1/2 the career Posada had as a catcher, Yankee fans would take that.
I've always saw Sanchez as league average myself. So far I have the potential to be very wrong on that one.

The rebuild Cashman did is unreal. Out of all their prospects...even though he's a few years out. I think Sheffield is the scariest.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Actually I looked more into Sanchez. He's having a helluva start and looks to be above way average defensively ( Baseball America posted him as the beat defensive catcher in the IL a couple weeks ago ) Brian McCann was quoted as saying he will be a repeat future allstar. "There aren't a lot of guys walking around with his talent."

A lot of young catcher's don't always end up panning out. Probably because of the physical toll of the position. For every Buster Posey there are 100 Monteros.

Sanchez's bat is red-hot right now but I expect he'll come back to earth a little bit when the league figures him out. He is straight murdering offspeed stuff or anything left up in the zone or inside. I can see more sinkers thrown his way. He hit .284 with 10HRs in 305PAs in AAA so mortality is there :lol:

He looks like the real deal though. Of his 5 HRs in the last 8 games ( and gunning down Trout Sunday. That's 5 of 7 trying to steal. Holy shit ) nothing has come easy. They were measured at 426,' 407,' 403,' 419' and the longest being 436.' The 4th inning single he hit Monday was the 2nd hardest hit by a MFY at 113.1mph. The boy can crush.

Also he is the ONLY Yankee player ( ever ) to have 8HRs in his first 19 games. Of those 19 games two were from last season where he went 0-2. So really it's 8 HRs in 17 games. Think about that.

Even if he is "figured out" and goes through a little bit of slump any rookie not named Mike Trout goes through. Not every pitch will stay out of his zone.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:Actually I looked more into Sanchez. He's having a helluva start and looks to be above way average defensively ( Baseball America posted him as the beat defensive catcher in the IL a couple weeks ago ) Brian McCann was quoted as saying he will be a repeat future allstar. "There aren't a lot of guys walking around with his talent."

A lot of young catcher's don't always end up panning out. Probably because of the physical toll of the position. For every Buster Posey there are 100 Monteros.

Sanchez's bat is red-hot right now but I expect he'll come back to earth a little bit when the league figures him out. He is straight murdering offspeed stuff or anything left up in the zone or inside. I can see more sinkers thrown his way. He hit .284 with 10HRs in 305PAs in AAA so mortality is there :lol:

He looks like the real deal though. Of his 5 HRs in the last 8 games ( and gunning down Trout Sunday. That's 5 of 7 trying to steal. Holy shit ) nothing has come easy. They were measured at 426,' 407,' 403,' 419' and the longest being 436.' The 4th inning single he hit Monday was the 2nd hardest hit by a MFY at 113.1mph. The boy can crush.

Also he is the ONLY Yankee player ( ever ) to have 8HRs in his first 19 games. Of those 19 games two were from last season where he went 0-2. So really it's 8 HRs in 17 games. Think about that.

Even if he is "figured out" and goes through a little bit of slump any rookie not named Mike Trout goes through. Not every pitch will stay out of his zone.
So when are you going to order a Yankees hat from the mlb store? :lol:
Like I said before, my expectations from him were low. Especially considering what happened to Montero. So glad the team traded him for Pineda. At least
Pineda is still playing in the big leagues.
As for Sanchez, the ceiling is very high. Such a small sample but winning AL player of the week is not bad for a rookie.
This season is all about him getting experience and being that much more ready for 2017.
Listen, he is already a better option vs. McCann. Plus, his arm has surprised everybody. All I see is him firing cannons from behind the plate. Maybe the Yankees were downplaying his defensive skills just a little bit?
Very exciting time to be a Yankees fan right now. Cashman made some incredible trades and has restructured this roster into a young team.
Could be 1996 all over again. With a new crop of stars.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote: So when are you going to order a Yankees hat from the mlb store? :lol:
Like I said before, my expectations from him were low. Especially considering what happened to Montero. So glad the team traded him for Pineda. At least
Pineda is still playing in the big leagues.
As for Sanchez, the ceiling is very high. Such a small sample but winning AL player of the week is not bad for a rookie.
This season is all about him getting experience and being that much more ready for 2017.
Listen, he is already a better option vs. McCann. Plus, his arm has surprised everybody. All I see is him firing cannons from behind the plate. Maybe the Yankees were downplaying his defensive skills just a little bit?
Very exciting time to be a Yankees fan right now. Cashman made some incredible trades and has restructured this roster into a young team.
Could be 1996 all over again. With a new crop of stars.
When Zombie Ruth rises from the grave to pitch. :D

The biggest difference with Sanchez over McCann is his defense. He'll have some work to do with Betances though. Of his 5 out of 7 gun downs the two had Betances on the mound, who doesn't really hold guys. He's given up 17SBs this year with 0 caught.

When his bat cools his defense will keep the fans and media off his back.

Montero. Fuck. I knew that guy was going to be a bust. Even if Pineda gets his wish and gets out of NY ( he doesn't like it there. It's a tough place to play. Beltran didn't like it either ) Seattle still got screwed. Fucking Zduriencik.

Josh Hamilton cut by Texas. He can re-sign next season. They did it for roster space since he can't play.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote:Image

Fuck that's a sweet swing, I dig breaking it down. Love how he goes into motion then notices it's offspeed, waits on it before crushing the cover off with the barrel, full extension with a little hip action and uses mostly upper body to give it a plane ticket. Dude has a ton of power to go along with a good eye and a smooth swing.

On the flip side, OOPS! Nice down the pipe change up, a hanging breaking ball? Probably had a bumper sticker that said "Free HR Ball" on it.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

UtahRatt wrote:
killeverything wrote:Image

Fuck that's a sweet swing, I dig breaking it down. Love how he goes into motion then notices it's offspeed, waits on it before crushing the cover off with the barrel, full extension with a little hip action and uses mostly upper body to give it a plane ticket. Dude has a ton of power to go along with a good eye and a smooth swing.

On the flip side, OOPS! Nice down the pipe change up, a hanging breaking ball? Probably had a bumper sticker that said "Free HR Ball" on it.
You better hit all your spots with that motherfucker. :lol: I promise that teams are reviewing video as we speak. Look for a lot of low and away pitches coming his way.

His walks have showcased that he has a good eye. It's going to be fun watching him progress and make adjustments. Usually when a batter is figured out it takes a while, but he has such a good eye I expect him to be a force in the future too.
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

A couple of hard losses to the Yankees, but the M's are still getting there. 2nd in the AL West...
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote:You better hit all your spots with that motherfucker. :lol: I promise that teams are reviewing video as we speak. Look for a lot of low and away pitches coming his way.

His walks have showcased that he has a good eye. It's going to be fun watching him progress and make adjustments. Usually when a batter is figured out it takes a while, but he has such a good eye I expect him to be a force in the future too.
Totally, I was thinking the same shit, he's not crowding the plate so I bet he gets a mix of heat with a lot of low and away off speed and breaking stuff. In that gif you see he got his leg down fast but early so a mix of speeds then drop an outside corner or heat high-n-away and hope he'll chase. He looks like a big boy who could be a monster.

Now I look back at Puig,
it took a while but once they figured his hole was busting inside then off-speed-n-away he collapsed. Then in the slump he lost all patience, couldn't lay off pitches and has been chasing everything ever since. It fucked with his head, he can't layoff and can't adjust and when he tries to relax he strikes out looking.
He's tearing up the farm, haven't looked at his stats but I bet he's not walking. I would love to see him brought up one last time but I know the results will be the same. I'm sure they've tried everything.

I don't see anything like that happening to Sanchez. I'm sure they'll find his hole but anyone could adjust better then Puig.

It's in Puig's personality, good luck fixing that, he'll never be a student. I read one reason his mates don't like him, he don't listen for shit.....Maybe they should call his mom.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

dmbrocker wrote:A couple of hard losses to the Yankees, but the M's are still getting there. 2nd in the AL West...
Pedro called them out for being World Series contenders earlier. They're right fucking there. I want to see them do good, finally see the King in the postseason, they really seem to have that team camaraderie going.

I blame their years of futility on management, front office, and ownership ( Howard Lincoln I'm talking to you, piece of shit ). All of which have changed now.

Speaking of the Ms. James Paxton returns from 15 day DL. Wade LeBlanc DFA.
UtahRatt wrote:
killeverything wrote:You better hit all your spots with that motherfucker. :lol: I promise that teams are reviewing video as we speak. Look for a lot of low and away pitches coming his way.

Totally, I was thinking the same shit, he's not crowding the plate so I bet he gets a mix of heat with a lot of low and away off speed and breaking stuff. In that gif you see he got his leg down fast but early so a mix of speeds then drop an outside corner or heat high-n-away and hope he'll chase. He looks like a big boy who could be a monster.

Now I look back at Puig,
it took a while but once they figured his hole was busting inside then off-speed-n-away he collapsed. Then in the slump he lost all patience, couldn't lay off pitches and has been chasing everything ever since. It fucked with his head, he can't layoff and can't adjust and when he tries to relax he strikes out looking.
He's tearing up the farm, haven't looked at his stats but I bet he's not walking. I would love to see him brought up one last time but I know the results will be the same. I'm sure they've tried everything.

I don't see anything like that happening to Sanchez. I'm sure they'll find his hole but anyone could adjust better then Puig.

It's in Puig's personality, good luck fixing that, he'll never be a student. I read one reason his mates don't like him, he don't listen for shit.....Maybe they should call his mom.
The Puig experiment in LA has to be over. Maybe they'll call him up when they expand rosters in September, but he murders chemistry.

I can understand him a little bit though. At first. You come to the states from a 3rd world country ( to fucking Hollywood no less ) and are given fame, money, and bitches at like 23 or whatever. I get it. The refusing to grow up part did him in. He's destroying AAA, but I have no idea about his OBP.

The rumors are LA are trying to straight give him away. There is more to the story if you can't unload talent like that.