Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by UtahRatt »

Kenley Jansen just did that 8)
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
wickedsensation
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by wickedsensation »

UtahRatt wrote:Kenley Jansen just did that 8)
Yep, and your favorite player had 2 home runs.
uptheass wrote:the best ownings are yet to come
Itwalksamongus wrote:We were young and dumb and full of cum so we would take turns in the back of the van jacking each other off. It wasn't gay - it was out of necessity. Things were a lot different back then.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

wickedsensation wrote:

You're confusing yanking bandwagon fans chains for enjoyment for "favorite" 8)
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
wickedsensation
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by wickedsensation »

UtahRatt wrote:
wickedsensation wrote:

You're confusing yanking bandwagon fans chains for enjoyment for "favorite" 8)
I'm not a "bandwagon" fan if your referring to me. I was born and raised in the suburbs of Chicago, and lived there for 25 of my 39 years. I've been a Cubs fan since I was a kindergartner (1980). We know Johnk5150 isn't bandwagon either.

Now, I'm sure we can both agree though that there are a fuckload of bandwagon Cubs fans, and a lot of them give us a bad name. But John and I sure as hell aren't them.

8)
uptheass wrote:the best ownings are yet to come
Itwalksamongus wrote:We were young and dumb and full of cum so we would take turns in the back of the van jacking each other off. It wasn't gay - it was out of necessity. Things were a lot different back then.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

wickedsensation wrote:

Yep, and your favorite player soon to be "deserved" ROY hit a HR as a 19 year old pitcher Julio Urias beat your CUBS.

Ok he's 20 and like two weeks two days old!
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

wickedsensation wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:You're confusing yanking bandwagon fans chains for enjoyment for "favorite" 8)
I'm not a "bandwagon" fan if your referring to me. I was born and raised in the suburbs of Chicago, and lived there for 25 of my 39 years. I've been a Cubs fan since I was a kindergartner (1980). We know Johnk5150 isn't bandwagon either.

Now, I'm sure we can both agree though that there are a fuckload of bandwagon Cubs fans, and a lot of them give us a bad name. But John and I sure as hell aren't them.

8)
Did I mention I like yanking fans chains by calling them bandwagon fans is enjoyment as well?
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Post by killeverything »

LAD places Yasiel Puig on revocable trade waivers.

Clayton Kershaw to begin throwing to live batters soon.

Gincarlo Stanton might return this season.

Gary Sanchez has 34 hits in 24 games. The last MFY with more hits in his first 24 games? Joe Dimaggio.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

LAD takes 2 of 3 from the soon to be world champs! It should have been a sweep.

Game 1: A pitcher named BUD NORRIS 6-10 4.64ERA keeps them down forcing a come back in the 9th on a wild pitch and two fuck ups with a new catcher in his first game with his new team, CUBS tied then won in extras.

Game 2: Rookie Julio Urias 6IP 1ER 8SO as Hammel's didn't make it out of the 2nd? LAD wins!

Game 3: UP NEXT

Cubs: LHP Jon Lester (14-4, 2.81 ERA) is 1-1 with a 4.05 ERA in two career starts at Dodger Stadium. The team is 7-0 in his last seven starts.

Dodgers: RHP Brock Stewart (0-2, 11.25) makes his third career major league start after being recalled from Triple-A Oklahoma City on Friday. He last pitched on Aug. 19 against Albuquerque, allowing four hits in five scoreless innings.

Who's favored?

Brock Stewart - 5IP 2H 0ER 8SO
Lester - 6IP 3H 0ER 6SO

Cubs - 0
Dodgers - 1

----------------------------

I get a strange feeling if the Dodgers get lucky and the Giants don't play like they should......The CUBS will face and destroy LAD in the post season. You heard it here first.

------------------------

Vote: Cubs Confidence Meter!

They have a confidence meter? Why yes, yes they do! :lol:

http://www.espn.com/blog/chicago/cubs/p ... ence-meter
johnk5150
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by johnk5150 »

UtahRatt wrote:L
Vote: Cubs Confidence Meter!

They have a confidence meter? Why yes, yes they do! :lol:

http://www.espn.com/blog/chicago/cubs/p ... ence-meter
No thank you. Keep it
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Yasiel Puig claimes off revocable trade waivers.

Oakland and Cleveland discussing Coco Crisp deal.

Tim Tebow did his showcase for some mlb teams today. He was offered a contract with the Venezulan League ( I think ). Fuck that guy. I look forward to him failing miserably.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

killeverything wrote:Yasiel Puig claimes off revocable trade waivers.

Oakland.
WTF happened to that guy?

I may have kept my oldest at the game too long yesterday. No one saw 13 innings coming last night.

$tevil
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

He kept getting hurt, acting like a teenager, and progressively getting worse. They sent him to AAA ( which he accepts as "I did this to myself" ). They've been trying to get rid of him for a while now.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

johnk5150 wrote:
killeverything wrote:Yasiel Puig claimes off revocable trade waivers.

Oakland.
WTF happened to that guy?

I may have kept my oldest at the game too long yesterday. No one saw 13 innings coming last night.

Is it Oakland? I can't find much. It still looks like they want something for him and if not they'll pull him back and wait for the off season trades. A number of teams have inquired but been turned away.

My understanding is......
The Dodgers have 72 hours to work out a deal with the team that claimed Puig, pull him back off waivers, or let him go the team with no compensation......Many teams inquired but was dismissed by LAD, it looks like they are in talks but the head lines are....

Yasiel Puig claimed off waivers, but don't count on a trade from Dodgers
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote:The Puig experiment in LA has to be over. Maybe they'll call him up when they expand rosters in September, but he murders chemistry.

I can understand him a little bit though. At first. You come to the states from a 3rd world country ( to fucking Hollywood no less ) and are given fame, money, and bitches at like 23 or whatever. I get it. The refusing to grow up part did him in. He's destroying AAA, but I have no idea about his OBP.

The rumors are LA are trying to straight give him away. There is more to the story if you can't unload talent like that.
I pasted most of this story then forgot about it. Speaking of Cuban defectors it is a major change from a boat to the MLB.....I didn't hear about the R-Sox's and the Rusney Castillo experiment.

--------There's been a lot of failures with Cuban players.

"The Dodgers have been particularly stung by the lack of success of the Cuban signings. Puig, Alex Guerrero and Erisbel Arruebarrena have all been disappointments. Those three contracts combined cost the Dodgers $95 million." That's $157.5 million including Hector Olivera's $62.5 million contract...Who was traded for the Braves Alex Wood 6 months later.

Where are they now!
Yasiel Puig - Seven Years, $42 million = Toxic, on the farm.
Alex Guerrero - Four years $28m in October 2013 = released on Jun 8, 2016.
Erisbel Arruebarrena* - five-year $25 million February 2014 = Suspended for the 2015 season then again in 2016 for constant failure to comply with terms of contract.
Hector Olivera - six-years March 2015, $62.5 million = released August 2016. Dodgers to Braves to Padres to the curb

--------------------------

Top five Cuban Busts
5) Erisbel Arruebarrena - Dodgers
4) Alex Guerrero - Dodgers
3) Yasiel Puig - Dodgers
2) Hector Olivera - Dodgers - Atlanta - Padres
1) Rusney Castillo - Seven Years $72.5 million, RedSox - The Boston Globe called Castillo the “Biggest bust in franchise history.” Castillo’s seven year $72 million contract was the biggest ever given to an international player.

MLB: The Top Ten Biggest Cuban Busts
http://calltothepen.com/2016/08/23/mlb- ... ban-busts/

“Transitioning through MLB is challenging enough; throw in learning a new language and assimilating to a democratic/capitalist society, all while constantly fearing for the health and safety of the loved ones left behind, and it is downright amazing that these players are even able to stick at the major-league level, never mind excel.”

Not to mention turning poor 20+ year old Cuban players into pampered rich Americans.

--------------------the results is a RAP SHEET------------

Puig's: personality problems on and off the field have been well documented.

Erisbel Arruebarrena: 2014, 5 months after signing with LAD Erisbel started a massive brawl between the Albuquerque Isotopes and Reno Aces in an AAA game, he was optioned to Single A-Rancho Cucamonga Quakes the next day. In 2015 and again in 2016 he was suspended for the season for repeated "failure to comply with his contract".

Hector Olivera: With Atlanta, Hector was charged with assault after the Braves played the Nationals in Washington. Olivera was being suspended 82 games for assaulting a woman at the team’s hotel. It was the largest suspension for a domestic violence case in league history.
Hector was moved to the Padres by deadline for Mat Kemp so the Padres could unload $25.5 million in salary. The Padres designated Olivera for assignment on August 2nd then released on August 10th.

Alex Guerrero: On May 20, 2014, Guerrero was involved in a dugout scuffle with Albuquerque teammate Miguel Olivo in which Olivo bit off a portion of Guerrero's ear. The Dodgers released Oliva two days later and Guerrero on June 8 2016.

--------The should do a 30/30 on Dominican current SF Giants Miguel Olivol who bit Guerrero's ear off!

Miguel Olivo's Rap Sheet: Played for 10 teams plus "twice with the marlins and Mariners".
The San Francisco Giants - Signed Miguel Olivo on January 29, 2016 after a couple seasons in the Mexican League.
On the White Sox farm busted with a corked bat....As a Marlin vs the Met's he cleared the benches as he walked across the diamond and threw a punch at Jose Reyes but hit Sandy Alomar, Sr....With the KC Royals he started another benches clearing brawl vs the White Sox......With the Rockies he left in the 8th to pass a Kidney Stone then finished the game....Signed with the REDS and asked for a release 2 months later....2nd stint with the Marlins after 3 months, watched the 1st inning then changed into street clothes and left the park....Signed with LAD, 4 months later during a fight in the dugout he pulled a Mike Tyson on teammate Alex Guerrero biting Alex's ear off.....Olivol was released 2 days later. After 2 years in the Mexican leagues he's back on the Giant's farm for some more!

I'm noticing a trend........They need a culture/social trainer and a batting coach.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Yoenis Cespedes seems to be okay and Boston is salivating about Yoan Machada's call-up. There's two. :lol:

I had forgotten about Castillo. He wouldn't be the biggest international signing though. That would be Daisuke Matsuzaka. He was injured and didn't live up to the hype, but would you call him a bust? They won the WS with him soooo.

I had forgotten a out Olivo. How the hell that guy is on or even made it to a major league roster is beyond me. He can't hit, can't catch, can't call games, can't run. Wedge used to play him a lot because he likes playing the veterans. Eric Wedge is an idiot.

I don't know what to do about the Cubans. Maybe they should follow the nba in dealing with them. Make them wear suits to every game and first go to college. Can we blame rap music?

I really wanna blame rap music.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

KC closer Wade Davis says he'll return from the DL ( elbow ) Friday.

Puig pulled off waivers after deal couldn't be worked out with unknown team.

Kershaw threw 2 simulated innings. Will return soon.

Scout: Tebow like an actor trying to play a baseball player. :lol:

Pappelbon won't sign in time to be eligible for playoffs.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

LAD contacted AZ prior to Wednesday's trade deadline about reacquiring Zach Greinke. Greinke's addition didn't exactly turn the D'backs into a playoff contender ( they were an ace away....or so I thought ). LaRussa and Stewart have got to be on their way out after this season.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Yankees go into Royals country and take 2 out of 3.
Where are all the Royals fans now?

The 3 games vs K.C. certainly had that playoff atmosphere. The Yankees bullpen was outstanding all series long.
Yankees are only 2 1/2 games back of wildcard which is a small miracle compared to about a month or so
ago when ARod was asked to leave the team and Tex announced his retirement after this season.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:Yankees go into Royals country and take 2 out of 3.
Where are all the Royals fans now?

The 3 games vs K.C. certainly had that playoff atmosphere. The Yankees bullpen was outstanding all series long.
Yankees are only 2 1/2 games back of wildcard which is a small miracle compared to about a month or so
ago when ARod was asked to leave the team and Tex announced his retirement after this season.
The AL East is remarkably weak this year that's why. Toronto should have had the division locked up a while ago. It seems to be nothing but bats.

Texas first AL team to 80 wins. The Rangers are scary this year. Those trades and return of Darvish made them even more so.

John Dewan's Stat Of The Week
The status of shifts.
September 2, 2016

Back in April, we took a look at the state of shifting in Major League Baseball, but many things have changed in the four months since then. While MLB as a whole was on pace for over 30,000 shifts on balls in play in the middle of April, that number has gone down a bit. However, the league has still already smashed its own single-season shift record, and we still have a month to go in the season.

MLB Shifts by Season
2011 2,3504, 2012 5776, 2013 88213, 2014 29917, 2015 74428, 2016 102****Prorated from 23,060 shifts as of September 1, 2016

While some clubs were quicker to embrace the use of shifts than others, it appears that every one of the 30 MLB teams has adopted the shift as a concrete part of its strategy. Every team is projected to reach the 400-shift marker in 2016, a level that 11 clubs didn't reach in 2015.

MLB Teams with At Least 400 Shifts
2013 7, 2014 15, 2015 19, 2016 (Prorated) 30

While this rise in shift usage has been a popular story throughout the league, ESPN Chicago radio host Mike Murphy mentioned that he thought Cubs manager Joe Maddon was shifting much less than normal. Maddon was a vocal proponent of the shift during his time with the Rays, but surprisingly, the Cubs are dead last in shifts so far in 2016! Chicago has finished in the bottom third in shifts for the last two years, a far cry from Maddon's old Rays teams.

Number of Shifts by Joe Maddon's TeamsSeasonShiftsMLB Rank
2011 Rays240 1st
2012 Rays463 1st
2013 Rays 495 2nd
2014 Rays 824 2nd
2015 Cubs 384 T-21st
2016 Cubs (Prorated)414 30th

The Cubs are still shifting on over two and a half batted balls per game, so it's not as if they're completely abandoning the strategy. Quite simply, the shift has become an ingrained part of baseball. Maddon's 240 shifts in 2011 were seen as part of a quirky strategy five years ago; now, almost every team in baseball has double that number.

It's funny that something that was created to fuck with Ted Williams is so prevalent now.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote:LaRussa and Stewart have got to be on their way out after this season.
"Diamondbacks won't consider trading Zack Greinke until July 2017"

After 2016, Greinke’s contract has $172.5 million remaining over five seasons. All of this is to say the D-backs didn’t listen long to the Dodgers’ pitch. That doesn’t mean they may not in the future.

However, no major personnel matters are likely clear-cut until the team decides upon the futures of chief baseball officer Tony La Russa and general manager Dave Stewart, whose contracts are up this year. :lol:

Personally I think Tony and Dave still have a few more years of great management left in them and AZ should hang in there a couple more just to be sure!
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

UtahRatt wrote:
killeverything wrote:LaRussa and Stewart have got to be on their way out after this season.
"Diamondbacks won't consider trading Zack Greinke until July 2017"

After 2016, Greinke’s contract has $172.5 million remaining over five seasons. All of this is to say the D-backs didn’t listen long to the Dodgers’ pitch. That doesn’t mean they may not in the future.

However, no major personnel matters are likely clear-cut until the team decides upon the futures of chief baseball officer Tony La Russa and general manager Dave Stewart, whose contracts are up this year. :lol:

Personally I think Tony and Dave still have a few more years of great management left in them and AZ should hang in there a couple more just to be sure!
I don't get AZ. They should be so much better. I just don't get it.

Kershaw Ks 5 over 3 in A ball start today.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Kershaw to return 09/12 vs. Marlins.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Miller Park is so much more beautiful than Wrigley.

$tevil
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Joe Torre was a guest on the Joe Buck program recently. Of course I had to watch because
Joe Torre is a here in The Bronx.
Anyway, never knew who was on George's list back in 1995. George wanted one of four guys to manage
the team in 1996.
Torre
Sparky Anderson
Davey Johnson
Tony LaRussa

Sparky retired and was not returning
Davey was in Baltimore and not about to leave
LaRussa was hired by the Cardinals

That left Joe Torre. A former player and manager that never made it to the WS.
How fortuitous, huh
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote:Kershaw to return 09/12 vs. Marlins.
Kershaw rehab is abnormal and rushed unless they continue to live off the pen and they've said there's no real pitch count, just keeping an eye on him.....Whatever.

LAD has done everything possible and are bound and determined to make the postseason. I get it but at what cost and if they do get lucky who are they a threat to take out?
I'm still shocked their in the race, I have to hand it to Roberts or someone, far exceeded my expectations with this bunch and these rookie pitchers. I'm more worried about next season. Jansen wants to be the highest paid reliever in baseball while the team is total patchwork.

They're week on the road, at this pace the last 3 games of the season could be crazy but it would be a fitting touch to the season.

"De Leon notches 9Ks 0BB in MLB debut; Dodgers beat Padres 7-4, De Leon became the 15th different starting pitcher and seventh in seven days used by Los Angeles this season. Puig hit a 3R HR"
After reaching on a single in the fifth, Wil Myers raved about De Leon. "I told Adrian Gonzalez this kid has got great stuff and he's going to be really good"
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

UtahRatt wrote: "De Leon notches 9Ks 0BB in MLB debut; Dodgers beat Padres 7-4, De Leon became the 15th different starting pitcher and seventh in seven days used by Los Angeles this season. Puig hit a 3R HR"
After reaching on a single in the fifth, Wil Myers raved about De Leon. "I told Adrian Gonzalez this kid has got great stuff and he's going to be really good"
De Leon looms to be really, really good. Like more so than Urias or Rodriguez in Boston.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Greinke just did that! LAD 10 AZ 2 F

Z Greinke (L, 12-5) 4.2IP 9H 8R 8ER 0BB 6SO 5HR! 4.54ERA
K Maeda (W, 14-8) 6.1IP 3H 1R 1ER 1BB 8SO 3.29ERA

Seager 24HR
A-Gon 17HR
Turner 25HR
Grandal 24HR .233AVG ----- .494SLG
Pederson 20HR

One HR in the 4th, but at what point in the 5th after 5HR's do you pull Greinke?

AZ is a much better team but I wonder what this year does for Greinke, they should have been open to LAD's talks last week because I get the feeling come the next break the D-Back's might be paying a lot of his bank.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote:
UtahRatt wrote: "De Leon notches 9Ks 0BB in MLB debut; Dodgers beat Padres 7-4, De Leon became the 15th different starting pitcher and seventh in seven days used by Los Angeles this season. Puig hit a 3R HR"
De Leon looms to be really, really good. Like more so than Urias or Rodriguez in Boston.
I'm really about looking at next season, haven't heard much about De Leon other then he looked good and teams wanted Urias and him as trade bait. De Leon is 24, I hope he's ready and is mature like they say. Urias has done well for his age.

Come the end of the season LAD is going to be packed full of pitchers with most of them middle to backend of the rotation, some possibles and several rookies. A few has stepped up like Maeda, I've got no clue who's coming or going. There's got to be a fire sale at some point if anyone gets healthy.

The last time I pulled the team up they only showed two pitchers on the rotation!

----------------------

I wonder what AZ is going to do, they're looking at another makeover but this time on the inside...If I was them I'd hold onto Dave!

SD looks like they tried last year and went one and done on effort.

The Rockies on the other hand, add a couple key players and I think they'll do some damage.

I've got no clue with the Giants, I still think they'll comeback by or at the last 3 games.....Heard it here first.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

UtahRatt wrote:
killeverything wrote:
I'm really about looking at next season, haven't heard much about De Leon other then he looked good and teams wanted Urias and him as trade bait. De Leon is 24, I hope he's ready and is mature like they say. Urias has done well for his age.

Come the end of the season LAD is going to be packed full of pitchers with most of them middle to backend of the rotation, some possibles and several rookies. A few has stepped up like Maeda, I've got no clue who's coming or going. There's got to be a fire sale at some point if anyone gets healthy.

The last time I pulled the team up they only showed two pitchers on the rotation!

----------------------

I wonder what AZ is going to do, they're looking at another makeover but this time on the inside...If I was them I'd hold onto Dave!

SD looks like they tried last year and went one and done on effort.

The Rockies on the other hand, add a couple key players and I think they'll do some damage.

I've got no clue with the Giants, I still think they'll comeback by or at the last 3 games.....Heard it here first.

SF isn't playing to their talent level. That whole team, how it was designed is streaky.

LAD needed a mgr change with Roberts. LAD is loaded on the prospect pitching front, not unlike NYY's rotation within' a couple years. The MFY rotation/bullpen looks mean coming up. The NL West is going to be up in the air for a couple of seasons. I have no idea about AZ.

The Cubs and Rangers are the only teams that look like "these motherfuckas right heeya are the teams to beat" to me. The Nats can also be considered I guess. Or I would at least if Dusty Baker wasn't allowed to go within' 1,000 yards of them.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

are the Yankees really playing this well? I tell you something, I was not expecting the young kids and a team
without ARod, to be doing this well on 9/7
the team took a series in KC. now they just took the first two at home vs the Jays.
what is the world coming to?

Betances threw 40 pitches last night. on his 3rd straight day of pitching. the first two days were light work, so I was
not concerned he entered the game last night. what did concern me was the number of pitches. I have to imagine
he will be shut down for a minimum of two days after throwing 40 pitches.