The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by UtahRatt »

John Fox: Jay Cutler suffered right thumb sprain, Da Bears might have to prepare for life without quarterback Jay Cutler -- at least in Week 3

After spending what seems like a lifetime dealing with him, maybe it's a great time to start dealing without him.

Edit....Cutler is signed through 2021......Heard a snip something about an out, not sure if it's fully guaranteed or what. I can't believe he's only 33, it feels like he's been throwing INT's and fumbling for decades.

Chicago Sun Times, It’s time: Jay Cutler must go!
Fuck they don't have a problem trashing Cutler in Chicago.I get the feeling he's not well liked.
http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/its- ... r-must-go/
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

The only time I've seen that sorry fucker smile was the day he suckered the Bears into giving him that silly contract.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

AP has elected to have surgery on his damaged knee. Early reports are
his recovery time is 3 to 4 months.
WOW!!!
Will Zimmer officially announce that AP will not play this week after all?
johnk5150
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by johnk5150 »

I think Cutler's main problem is that he's just dumb.i'm stunned he got into Vanderbilt
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

Browns should try to get Tony Romo if/when he gets disgruntled.

I can see him performing in Rams too.
Luke 16:10 "and he that is unjust in the least, is unjust also in much"
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

FullDJacket wrote:Browns should try to get Tony Romo if/when he gets disgruntled.

I can see him performing in Rams too.
you should stop posting in the NFL thread because you have no idea what you are talking about.
stick to fantasy football since this latest post is nothing but a dream.
FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

I said "if"
Luke 16:10 "and he that is unjust in the least, is unjust also in much"
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

FullDJacket wrote:I said "if"
i said, "you should" LOL!

anyway, the Rams are all in with Goff. that QB has at least 2 seasons, maybe 3 to prove himself(barring injury) before the Rams give up on him.
that is the price you pay for being the #1 pick at the QB position.
IMO, Goff will be a bust. i don't envision him being the franchise QB that the Rams are needing. not because he has not started yet and Wentz has.
not because he has not grasped the pro offense. but the kid looks terrified. his eyes say it all. i don't think he has the killer instinct.
the good news for the Rams is, Fisher is the head coach and if anybody can mold the player into a superstar, it could be Fisher.
in Tennessee, Fisher had similar success with McNair
Pierce Foreskin
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Pierce Foreskin »

Solid win by the Pats, they always seem to be able to neutralize JJ Watt. Big Vince had some nice run stops last night for Houston though.
If they do manage to go 4-0, it might be a while before we see the Pats with a loss this season.
Every lady needs a Prince Albert in her Can
UtahRatt wrote: You either like Zappa or you like taking it up the ass with anal beads the size of a plum.
WTF

Post by WTF »

Pierce Foreskin wrote:Solid win by the Pats, they always seem to be able to neutralize JJ Watt. Big Vince had some nice run stops last night for Houston though.
If they do manage to go 4-0, it might be a while before we see the Pats with a loss this season.
I think "solid win" is an understatement. That may be the first time I have seen the Pats defense actually determined to preserve a shutout as opposed to just preventing a loss. Special teams were ridiculous.
Pierce Foreskin

WTF wrote:
Pierce Foreskin wrote:Solid win by the Pats, they always seem to be able to neutralize JJ Watt. Big Vince had some nice run stops last night for Houston though.
I think "solid win" is an understatement. That may be the first time I have seen the Pats defense actually determined to preserve a shutout as opposed to just preventing a loss. Special teams were ridiculous.
Defensive side, yes solid win would be an understatement. Offensive side was workmen-like. Next week vs the Ryan brothers will be an interesting game on the offensive side, if Brissett plays.
I do think, though, that this will be Josh McDaniel's last year here, based on these three games.

Felger and the gang brought up Collins on the pre-game show, on the buy/sell segment, whether he is overrated, and then he had a great game forcing them to walk back their buy-outs. I think he has the potential to be a perennial all pro, but he still has a way to go.
Logan Ryan got into Hopkins' head a bit (and held him and committed a few un-called PI's).
UtahRatt wrote: You either like Zappa or you like taking it up the ass with anal beads the size of a plum.
WTF

Post by WTF »

Jamie Collins is a beast. Dude can play the run, cover in the passing game, rush the passer. He wasn't too outstanding in the first 2 games this year, but he was awesome against the Texans.

Also, nice to see the short video tribute to Vince Wilfork. I would be surprised if he doesn't come back to New England for a final year or 2.
Pierce Foreskin

WTF wrote:Jamie Collins is a beast. Dude can play the run, cover in the passing game, rush the passer. He wasn't too outstanding in the first 2 games this year, but he was awesome against the Texans.

Also, nice to see the short video tribute to Vince Wilfork. I would be surprised if he doesn't come back to New England for a final year or 2.
I hope they are able to find the cap room to keep Jamie, Malcolm and Don'ta, wonder if Brady will restructure his contract again.
This defense could end up top 5 if they stay healthy.

Vince, I've always loved that big dude, I doubt he comes back, except for possibly the obligatory one day contract to retire as a Pat.
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Aaaannd....There's a report that Brissett has a torn ligament in throwing hand thumb.
Next Man Up...in the air.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Facedown wrote:Aaaannd....There's a report that Brissett has a torn ligament in throwing hand thumb.
I read a report that Goodell greeted the rookie QB before the game
and shook with hand with great force. Obviously too much force
since the kid injured his thumb.
That Goodell sure is a nasty S.O.B.
Einstein Lawless
Having Slaughter Open for You

Post by Einstein Lawless »

Did my Skins salvage their season or merely hold off the inevitable?
Physician, kill Thyself- Danzig in the Dark

Stryper have a better shot at getting into Hell than the HOF.- The Stench.

You people are so burnt out on your own culture that you can't even talk about it intelligibly anymore.- Funz
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:
Facedown wrote:Aaaannd....There's a report that Brissett has a torn ligament in throwing hand thumb.
I read a report that Goodell greeted the rookie QB before the game
and shook with hand with great force. Obviously too much force
since the kid injured his thumb.
That Goodell sure is a nasty S.O.B.
Just to be sure we're going to need Goodell's cell phone.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

Einstein Lawless wrote:Did my Skins salvage their season or merely hold off the inevitable?
Held off the inevitable.I have NEVER understood the whole Kirk Cousins thing. Slightly above/below average at BEST.

I'm shocked at how competitive the NFC East is shaping up to be. My Cowboys (who should be 3-0) are good which I knew going in, but Philly is shockingly improved. NYG are also very much improved. If you had told me a month ago that Philly would be the team to beat and that this wouldn't be a dog division I'd have thought you were high. I believed the East was going to be a shit show and that Dallas would have no problem claiming the title, but obviously it's going to come down to the wire this year which makes for great watching.
Professional Hater
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Potato cakes.
Aesop wrote: I tire of pussies that refuse to speak their mind, defend this great nation, or seek employment.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Artemis2085 wrote:
Einstein Lawless wrote:Did my Skins salvage their season or merely hold off the inevitable?
Held off the inevitable.I have NEVER understood the whole Kirk Cousins thing. Slightly above/below average at BEST.

I'm shocked at how competitive the NFC East is shaping up to be. My Cowboys (who should be 3-0) are good which I knew going in, but Philly is shockingly improved. NYG are also very much improved. If you had told me a month ago that Philly would be the team to beat and that this wouldn't be a dog division I'd have thought you were high. I believed the East was going to be a shit show and that Dallas would have no problem claiming the title, but obviously it's going to come down to the wire this year which makes for great watching.
The NFC will more than likely remain a very close and tight race up until the very end. Will be interesting to see which rookie QB,
Dak or Wentz, has the 1st terrible game or bad stretch of games. So far each has looked like an all pro and a crafty veteran.
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

Machado wrote:
Artemis2085 wrote:

The NFC will more than likely remain a very close and tight race up until the very end. Will be interesting to see which rookie QB,
Dak or Wentz, has the 1st terrible game or bad stretch of games. So far each has looked like an all pro and a crafty veteran.
They both look like the real deal. I'd take either over Cousins in a heartbeat.
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
Einstein Lawless

Believe me, I've watched the Redskins shit the bed after a playoff year too many times to beat my chest.

You people are so burnt out on your own culture that you can't even talk about it intelligibly anymore.- Funz
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

Einstein Lawless wrote:Believe me, I've watched the Redskins shit the bed after a playoff year too many times to beat my chest.
I've been a fan since the days of Riggins, Gibbs, and the Fun Bunch. I'm so tired of my team sucking.
Einstein Lawless

Lol, same here... My wife said it best when she said, "You love a team that loves to lose"

I'm 42 now, but I remember being a kid and just assuming they would always be highly competitive if not champions… Then adulthood and reality hit.

I always kinda looked at last season as bonus anyway. Before the beginning of the season I set the watermark at six games due to the hiring of a new general manager and new quarterback basically. The division championship was a nice surprise, weak division or not.

I think Scott McCloughan has them finally heading in the right direction, but you can't erase 20 years of suck just like that. I put my benchmark at 8 to 9 games this year. If we make that or better, then it will be proof that his plan is working.

I'm glad we only franchised Kirk instead of giving him a McNabb like deal.

Oh well, still a lot of games left and we can be at.500 if we can squeak out a win against Cleveland this weekend. HTTMF'nR

Gritt

Post by Gritt »

Einstein Lawless wrote:Lol, same here... My wife said it best when she said, "You love a team that loves to lose"

I'm 42 now, but I remember being a kid and just assuming they would always be highly competitive if not champions… Then adulthood and reality hit.

I always kinda looked at last season as bonus anyway. Before the beginning of the season I set the watermark at six games due to the hiring of a new general manager and new quarterback basically. The division championship was a nice surprise, weak division or not.

I think Scott McCloughan has them finally heading in the right direction, but you can't erase 20 years of suck just like that. I put my benchmark at 8 to 9 games this year. If we make that or better, then it will be proof that his plan is working.

I'm glad we only franchised Kirk instead of giving him a McNabb like deal.

Oh well, still a lot of games left and we can be at.500 if we can squeak out a win against Cleveland this weekend. HTTMF'nR
I am so thankful they just gave Cousins the one year tender. I drank the kool aid last year but the guy looks lost this year and his teammates are already turning. Doesn't bode well.
Einstein Lawless

The age old question: Does Washington ruin good quarterbacks or have they just drafted mediocre ones throughout the ages*?

(Exceptions: Baugh, Theismann, and maybe Rypien)

Gritt

Post by Gritt »

Rypien was lightning in a bottle. I just think they draft poorly.
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

dmbrocker wrote:JJ Watt's out for the season:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/texan ... 58509.html
They can bring him back after 8 weeks, I hope they don't. They aren't winning the Super Bowl this year. I'd rather him sit the whole year and hopefully get back to his old self. I have a feeling this may be a career ender though.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant has been diagnosed with a slight hairline fracture in his right knee, but coach Jason Garrett is hopeful that he can still play Sunday.

A source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter that the injury could potentially sideline Bryant up to three weeks, depending on how the receiver feels. He did not practice Wednesday, but Garrett told San Francisco media that "we're hopeful that he'll be able to play."

TBH, I thought he broke his leg on the play. Not how a human leg is supposed to bend
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

I wonder if Cam has we-just-got-beat-at-home dance or a I just-got-sacked-again dance.

They should pay Dez more money! :lol: