The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by Machado »

UtahRatt wrote:I wonder if Cam has we-just-got-beat-at-home dance or a I just-got-sacked-again dance.

They should pay Dez more money! :lol:
at the rate the Panthers are going, Cam won't be able to dance anytime soon. can you say Joe Namath?

Dez, how is getting tackled his fault? YOU ARE STUPID!
let's not forget he caught a TD pass later in the game, with the wounded leg.
how quickly we forget
Bludegeon
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Bludegeon »

70 million fucking dollars is way too much money to spend on a fragile WR.. Or, any WR IMO, but, I am a tightwad when it comes to money. hahah

And, that is what Dez is.

I doubt he plays Sunday. If he does, no way he plays the week after..
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

Artemis2085 wrote: My Cowboys (who should be 3-0) are good which I knew going in

I believed the East was going to be a shit show and that Dallas would have no problem claiming the title
That right there is a prime example of one of the myriad of reasons of why it's so fun and easy to hate on the Cowboys. You,d be hard pressed to find a more delusional statement than that. :roll:

so-called star QB injured: check

fragile WR: check

weak defense: check

head coach who has his legs cut out from underneath him thanks to the most publicity wanting owner in all of pro sports: check

but they have the star on the side of their helmet so that means they'll dominate the division they're in despite all of the recent past history type fans: check

Other than that I'd like to welcome Artemis2085 to the NFL thread. :lol:
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:They should pay Dez more money! :lol:
Dez, how is getting tackled his fault? YOU ARE STUPID!
let's not forget he caught a TD pass later in the game, with the wounded leg.
how quickly we forget
Maybe they should pay DEZ more to show up for MRI's, Treatments, Team Meetings, The Locker Room or at least a call to the fucking COACH!
With that said...Like always you missed the point, Forest. Does everything need to be spelled out for you? ----V
Bludegeon wrote:70 million fucking dollars is way too much money to spend on a fragile WR.. Or, any WR IMO, but, I am a tightwad when it comes to money. hahah

And, that is what Dez is.

I doubt he plays Sunday. If he does, no way he plays the week after..
Bludegeon, as a Dallas fan you don't get enough credit and totally understand the obvious. That's exactly what I was referring too but as usual it went right over Machado's head. For a Cowboy fan I respect your views, you're a realist and not a blind fanatic.

Dez is and was damaged goods then held the fuck outta camp for every fucking penny, Dallas was willing to pay BANK and his words were "I gots to feed my family!" the DEZ held out all of camp, where has he been since? Dallas should have let him walk, instead they paid his OVER DEMANDING price and have been fucked since they wrote the check. DEZ was a broken toy before the day he forced Dallas to overpay.

THEN THIS DEZ BULLSHIT? What was the first words? Where hopeful he'll play next week? :lol:
Hard to do when DEZ takes off and don't show up, for anything! Treatment, rehab, game planning. Hugs?

Jason Garrett: Dez Bryant missed meetings, treatments and avoided having an MRI till FUCKING WEDNESDAY? I love the second video in this link where Mark Schlereth goes off on Jason Garrett and Dez......Dez should be fined and Garrett should be kicked in the Vagina. Don't they have cell phones? Does Garrett need to contact Jerry first before contacting his players?

The first video is good but I dig the 2nd one, Schlereth slams the hammer down on Garrett and Dez.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1766 ... ring-worst

Seriously, how does Dez your leader and star just skip MRI's, treatments and meetings? "Because you feared the worst!" the team needs to know WTF. You need to be there for the team, you need to be with the doctor, you want the MRI ASAP, you need to work on rehab ASAP. You just don't "NOT SHOW UP". That's Damaged Dez for you. How the fuck does Garrett let his star WR and locker room leader go AWOL? Garrettt = no balls.

About 4 videos in if you let it run is the funny... :lol:
Does Tony Romo get the respect he deserves? He gets more, he's Jay Cutler, 2 Playoff Wins in 10 years and vs teams anyone could beat. Tony don't deserve anything until he does something, Tony hasn't done anything but fail. Great video. :lol:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:08 pm
dmbrocker wrote:JJ Watt's out for the season:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/texan ... 58509.html
Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:54 am
UtahRatt wrote:AFC North - Another fun division. Add that to the improvements in Houston the South is a crazy division. Sadly I see Watt's having a down year, he's beat up.
Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:54 am
eddie lee roth wrote:JJ Watt shouldn't be able to play like he does. He had back surgery before camp so he's not at a 100% but he's still a beast out there.

Fuck that sucks..........He's still young but.........Called it! Where's my cookie!
I didn't know he had surgery tho, was it a clean up? Last I heard he was beat up but said he felt good going into the season. He finished the season trashed and admitted it, I knew he'd go down. He's been playing at Superman level.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Bludegeon

Post by Bludegeon »

Agree with ya Ratt.

It's been so long since the Cowboys had any common sense in the FO. I long for the day it does return... Maybe all the moronic fans that have come along in the past 20 years or so are making a full retard impact on the Jones' and Coaches? lol..
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Bludegeon wrote:Agree with ya Ratt.

It's been so long since the Cowboys had any common sense in the FO. I long for the day it does return... Maybe all the moronic fans that have come along in the past 20 years or so are making a full retard impact on the Jones' and Coaches? lol..
oh boy, here we go again
let's see, the FO has not any sense since '89? when Jerry and Jimmy took over? or at you referring to 1996, when being average in the NFL actually begun?
STFU!
damned if you do and damned if you don't. do the Cowboys a favor, turn in your swag for another team. go ahead, do us all a favor
and cheer for another team because you clearly are unhappy with the team today.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:

oh boy, here we go again
let's see, the FO has not any sense since '89? when Jerry and Jimmy took over? or at you referring to 1996, when being average in the NFL actually begun?
STFU!
damned if you do and damned if you don't. do the Cowboys a favor, turn in your swag for another team. go ahead, do us all a favor
Speaking of dumb shits...I wonder if you said Machado out loud 3 times he'd magically appear out of a toilet.

Dallas has been .500 for decades in a Division that's always up for grabs and you're happy with that? Blind fanatic. GO TEAM GO! Jones holds Dallas back more than any team in the NFL, the Cowboys have been loaded with talent and nothing but average. The biggest underachievers in the game because of Jones. Machado still happy!

Jones bought the team and hired his buddy, Jimmy Johnson has been the only coach with the power and balls to actually coach. Jerry's EGO sent Jimmy packing and destroyed what could have been a dynasty run longer than the Patriots....Jones killed the Cowboy and holds them back today. Machado still happy! If you really want to hand out awards...Herschel Walker and the Vikings should get the credit. 50% Jimmy, 50% the Vikings.

Example, Jone's BBF until death did they part.

Al Davis sends Gruden packing because of his EGO. Because of Gruden, Tampa won their first SB and the Raiders made one almost "TWO" Super Bowls, Tuck Rule my ass. Tampa knew the Raiders plays better than Oakland did. At least Davis had an excuse, he got old and went senile. Jones just thinks he's got game and wants celebrity status. Jones is brilliant at creating buzz and money tho.

If you molded Al Davis in his prime with Jerry Jones you'd have a hell of an owner.

------------------------------
Gritt wrote:I am so thankful they just gave Cousins the one year tender. I drank the kool aid last year but the guy looks lost this year and his teammates are already turning. Doesn't bode well.
Kirk Cousins = Ryan Fitzpatrick - Both the Jets and Skins weren't going to fall for no Jay Cutler.
SRY GUIEZ, one season don't make you a top QB! Both teams are loaded with weapons, Heath Shuler or Mark Sanchez could win with those teams.

"Chris Cooley: Colt McCoy could have done everything Kirk Cousins did vs. the Giants" :lol:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc- ... he-giants/

----------------------------------
Machado wrote:when the #1 QB does not play much, you expect that team to lose many, many games. IMO, last year was a lost season.
Machado wrote:I'm shocked at how competitive the NFC East is shaping up to be. The NFC will more than likely remain a very close and tight race up until the very end.
Wow, you mean the NFC East could be a close race? That division is always up for grabs. A different winner almost every year is a shocker? :lol:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reasons to love Dallas.......LOL-Fans like Machado and the Cowboys LOL-FO

Tony Romo back injury after third play!

Garret: Doesn't think Romo's injury is "a serious thing" "No biggie"
Jones: He’s not injured. He was OK on the sideline immediately.
Press: Romo suffered a compression fracture of his L-1 vertebra, 6 to 10 weeks
Garret: We're confident that he's going to be coming back, I wouldn’t rule out Romo for the season opener on Sept. We’ve gotten a lot of different timetables for when he can return.

Press: Tony Romo return now being projected at 8-10 weeks. So, overnight, Tony Romo’s back went from definitively not hurt to broken

===========

Dez Bryant Injured vs Giants
Garret: Jason Garrett is hopeful that he can still play Sunday vs 49ers
Dez Bryant: AWOL
Press: Dez Bryant out indefinitely!
Garret: Out week to week!
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Facedown

Re:

Post by Facedown »

Machado wrote:when the #1 QB does not play much, you expect that team to lose many, many games. IMO, last year was a lost season.
Apparently, that only applies to the Cowboys and the Peyton-less COLTS!!!
Patriots - 3-0.
:lol:
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

eddie lee roth wrote:
Artemis2085 wrote: My Cowboys (who should be 3-0) are good which I knew going in

I believed the East was going to be a shit show and that Dallas would have no problem claiming the title
That right there is a prime example of one of the myriad of reasons of why it's so fun and easy to hate on the Cowboys. You,d be hard pressed to find a more delusional statement than that. :roll:

so-called star QB injured: check

fragile WR: check

weak defense: check

head coach who has his legs cut out from underneath him thanks to the most publicity wanting owner in all of pro sports: check

but they have the star on the side of their helmet so that means they'll dominate the division they're in despite all of the recent past history type fans: check

Thanks for the warm welcome, ELH :lol:

The Dez situation is bullshit I agree. He went behind Garrett's back to Jerry and got the okay. Makes Jason looks like cuckold. Beyond that :

Surprisingly excellent rookie QB getting it done on the field behind a great offensive line.

Rookie RB finding his feet and a great veteran behind him to clean house.

Best place kicker in the game.

The defense is iffy, but have made some big stops. The NYG game was ours to lose and we did due to a lot of factors, bonehead play at the end included.

Not sure what happens when Romo comes back. Could be a Denver situation from last year but look how that turned out.
Professional Hater
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Potato cakes.
Aesop wrote: I tire of pussies that refuse to speak their mind, defend this great nation, or seek employment.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Artemis2085 wrote:
eddie lee roth wrote:
Thanks for the warm welcome, ELH :lol:

The Dez situation is bullshit I agree. He went behind Garrett's back to Jerry and got the okay. Makes Jason looks like cuckold. Beyond that :

Surprisingly excellent rookie QB getting it done on the field behind a great offensive line.

Rookie RB finding his feet and a great veteran behind him to clean house.

Best place kicker in the game.

The defense is iffy, but have made some big stops. The NYG game was ours to lose and we did due to a lot of factors, bonehead play at the end included.

Not sure what happens when Romo comes back. Could be a Denver situation from last year but look how that turned out.
You're welcome. While I was going over your post I couldn't help but think about the scene in Animal House where Kevin Bacon was getting swats and kept asking for more. :lol:

There's a lot of shit thrown around here but it's all in good fun except for Matardo that fucker deserves all the shit thrown his way.

So anyhows join the thread and be a regular we don't have Levi and probably a,few others I can't recall right now so we need a few more Sludgers to join in.

I tried getting Gazpacho but it doesn't seem to be working out right now so get your ass in here and amaze us with your devotion to the Cowboys you stupid bastard. :lol:
UtahRatt

Re: Re:

Post by UtahRatt »

Facedown wrote:
Apparently, that only applies to the Cowboys and the Peyton-less COLTS!!!
Patriots - 3-0.
:lol:
It didn't seem to have any effect on the defending SUPER BOWL CHAMPION DENVER BRONCOS or the Division winner Houston Texans.
LAPoet
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by LAPoet »

All that being said, the Cowboys will probably still roll my sorry 49ers by three touchdowns.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

LAPoet wrote:All that being said, the Cowboys will probably still roll my sorry 49ers by three touchdowns.
Ya, I doubt the Cowboy's will be Sitting Down vs the Niners, unless it's Taking a Knee to run out the clock.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Don't forget football fans thanks to Roger Goodell insisting on making teams go over to London we get a early kickoff today and actually an extra game to watch because the rest of the day is being treated as a normal day.

Kickoff is at 8:30 am central time.
Einstein Lawless
Having Slaughter Open for You

Post by Einstein Lawless »

Game was way uglier than score indicated, but thank you Redskins for eking out the win.
Physician, kill Thyself- Danzig in the Dark

Stryper have a better shot at getting into Hell than the HOF.- The Stench.

You people are so burnt out on your own culture that you can't even talk about it intelligibly anymore.- Funz
milk-milk-lemonade
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by milk-milk-lemonade »

eddie lee roth wrote:Don't forget football fans thanks to Roger Goodell insisting on making teams go over to London we get a early kickoff today and actually an extra game to watch because the rest of the day is being treated as a normal day.

Can anyone explain why the NFL has a game played in the UK each year? Are they looking to expand? Surely not, right?!

Is our version of football even popular over there?

And, fuck the Cowboys.
ImageImage
milk-milk-lemonade wrote:USA USA USA !!
!
milk-milk-lemonade wrote:'Oh boy...' is a 300 Part Series
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

I'm a Panther fan, but Cam Newton got exactly what he deserved on that concussion play.
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Tenacious_Dio wrote:I'm a Panther fan, but Cam Newton got exactly what he deserved on that concussion play.
Yeah, bad move, Cam. I'm just happy my Falcons are doing well so far this season with only one loss...
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Lardbucket
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Lardbucket »

milk-milk-lemonade wrote:
eddie lee roth wrote:Don't forget football fans thanks to Roger Goodell insisting on making teams go over to London we get a early kickoff today and actually an extra game to watch because the rest of the day is being treated as a normal day.

Can anyone explain why the NFL has a game played in the UK each year? Are they looking to expand? Surely not, right?!

And, fuck the Cowboys.
I think it's popular as a novelty (86,000 in Wembley today) but it would make no sense to try to have a team in England full-time.
If anything, maybe they're testing the waters for a British version of the NFL.
A proud Steve Jones nutswinger since 1977.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

They already tried that.
Bludegeon

Post by Bludegeon »

Machado wrote:

oh boy, here we go again
STFU!
Shut the fuck up moron.. My god, you are the worst fucking type of koolaid drinking, dark blue covered glasses blind ass fan. ...

Damn right I am unhappy.. Unhappy that the Jones' have taken this great franchise to almost a laughing stock in the NFL...

Ahem..

Trading for an overrated Joey Gallowaste...

Not being prepared for Aikman being gone..

Shante Fucking Carver..

Quincy fucking Carter.

Greg Ellis over Randy Moss.

I can go on and on and on.. But, I figured I will wait until you google some more about the Cowboys.. Fucking ingrate...

"Oh boo hoo,, You bag on the Cowboys... Turn in your fancard and swag... "..

Fuck off.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Holy Shit, what the fuck was Cam Newton thinking? I'm so glad that defender rang his bell because
that was a long time coming. Cam was doing his version of dropping the ball at the 1 yard line before
crossing the goal line. You can be sure every single NFL team will show that video and talk about
how not to run into the end zone :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dallas flies into SF and walks away with a solid W. Down 14-0, the impressive rookie QB remained
calm and managed the team to another win. With the help of the #1 draft pick in the backfield.
Excellent road win and another difficult test for the rookie QB.

As for the entire Dez situation, who gives a shit if he did this and that and that and this.
Is he the 1st NFL player to miss a meeting? NO
Is he the 1st NFL player to miss treatment? NO

So what's the story? Oh, the story is how Dez is not playing so the media has to discuss him
to get more clicks online and boost those ratings. Go ahead and talk about Dez all you want,
just as long as the team wins those games.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Lardbucket wrote:
milk-milk-lemonade wrote:

And, fuck the Cowboys.
I think it's popular as a novelty (86,000 in Wembley today) but it would make no sense to try to have a team in England full-time.
If anything, maybe they're testing the waters for a British version of the NFL.
MONEY! MONEY! MONEY! Sell that product! They've been doing exhibitions and games in Mexico, England, Canada, Japan for a while....The NFL is always looking to boost interest money and milk the international market for all it's worth. Wont be shocked to see them put a team in Canada and Mexico if not a London team during east coast scheduling someday. They'll do ANYTHING to make more money and protect their money, I mean make money and protect players who make money. Touch football with no endzone jumping up and down!

Fuck the NFL, it is all about money.
Oh, no, the kickoff is too dangerous! Lets discourage returns and bring it up to the 25yd to score more points!.......The Pat's crunched the numbers and have their kicker boot the ball short, the math showed by forcing them to run the kickoff back they're average starting line is inside the 20. The math also shows teams who start drives inside the 20 as opposed to the 25yd line have a sizable less chance of scoring.
Shit that make Bill Belichick a genius. Now other teams are catching on and soon any team with a normal Kick Off Coverage special team group will be doing it, thus avoiding this stupid rule, The NFL moving the ball to avoid Kick Off Returns because it's too dangerous is another move in a long list of JOKES the NFL has turned into.....They wanted to do away with Kick Offs all together and bet your ass it will happen someday. I hardly recognize the game anymore.

I haven't watched a full game, I catch bits but been busy so I look over the stats-n-recaps but I really don't feel like I'm missing much. Started the season with the KapperFish Drama, more replays, PAT' are FG's, reDICKulas pass interference flags and dancing = TAUNTING now!...It's watered down and they're making to many changes to fast..Every year it's a dozen different rules and stupid ideas to make more money.
The Problem?
Now there's a current panic because ratings have dropped across the board this season and they wonder why.....Start with Goodell and work your way down. How about leaving the fucking game alone instead of forcing ways to make more fucking money. Let's avoid injuries, keep the violence at home. Drugs? No biggie, couple game suspension. Beat your wife? One game! A ball has some air out of it? OMFG, 2 year investigation and 4 game suspension! Put that on the shelf right next to the Ray Rice Beating video Goodell.
Kick Off Returns? OMFG, better change that when one player gets hurt........I'm tossing out the replay flag.

Oh, and Fuck the Cowboys........Including their easy schedule and division as always. I feel sorry for the couple of decent fans that team has having to deal with the other 90% of morons. It's early in the year and their toddler fan base act like they're contenders. Enjoy the let down, you're use to it.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:Holy Shit, what the fuck was Cam Newton thinking? I'm so glad that defender rang his bell because
that was a long time coming. Cam was doing his version of dropping the ball at the 1 yard line before
crossing the goal line. You can be sure every single NFL team will show that video and talk about

Dallas flies into SF and walks away with a solid W. Down 14-0

A solid win is having to make a comeback vs Gabbert and the Niners? :lol:

And.....When you mean dropping the ball at the 1 yard line you're talking about Leon Lett right? :lol:

That Cam hit was great, he got fucking ROCKED! Fuck his swagger.
Post game shows was making fun of Cam's stupid SLASH Top Hats and abstract outfits he wears during interviews. One host said something like, he's Deion Sanders without the brains, style and fashion sense! Then they blasted his attitude and game play while another said they was surprised he could find one big enough to fit his head. CAM was getting brutally beat down today on and off the field, it was pick on CAM DAY. Cam is an extremely gifted great player, one of the best who could be so much more but he gets what he deserves.

The Cam hit was fucking beautiful. Thought he had the easy TD without noticing he's still on the tracks with a Line Backer Train Coming!....The best part is he didn't get the TD. DENIED! He got leveled, that's football. I didn't see, but there wasn't a flag was there? Better not be any fucking fine either. 3 Years ago we wouldn't even be thinking about no stinking flag or fine. Now everything is a question mark. OMG their helmets touched!
Last edited by UtahRatt on Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

Machado wrote:Holy Shit, what the fuck was Cam Newton thinking? I'm so glad that defender rang his bell because

Dallas flies into SF and walks away with a solid W. Down 14-0, the impressive rookie QB remained
calm and managed the team to another win. With the help of the #1 draft pick in the backfield.
Excellent road win and another difficult test for the rookie QB.

As for the entire Dez situation, who gives a shit if he did this and that and that and this.
Is he the 1st NFL player to miss a meeting? NO
Is he the 1st NFL player to miss treatment? NO

So what's the story? Oh, the story is how Dez is not playing so the media has to discuss him
to get more clicks online and boost those ratings. Go ahead and talk about Dez all you want,
just as long as the team wins those games.
Yeah, I'm just thrilled that Cam got a concussion. I love cheering when guys get their brains injured.

As for Dez, he's a cancer. He has skipped dozens of meetings. I would love to see him try that for a real franchise like New England or Pittsburgh. He would have been cut a long time ago. But for a joke of an operation like Dallas, it's tolerated. Dallas also brought in Greg Hardy so that shows the level of character for America's Team.
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

UtahRatt wrote:The best part is he didn't get the TD. DENIED!
It was a 2 point conversion, and he did get the ball over the line, after the hit.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

UtahRatt wrote:

Dallas flies into SF and walks away with a solid W. Down 14-0

A solid win is having to make a comeback vs Gabbert and the Niners? :lol:

And.....When you mean dropping the ball at the 1 yard line you're talking about Leon Lett right? :lol:

That Cam hit was great, he got fucking ROCKED! Fuck his swagger.
Post game shows was making fun of Cam's stupid SLASH Top Hats and abstract outfits he wears during interviews. One host said something like, he's Deion Sanders without the brains, style and fashion sense! Then they blasted his attitude and game play while another said they was surprised he could find one big enough to fit his head. CAM was getting brutally beat down today on and off the field, it was pick on CAM DAY. Cam is an extremely gifted great player, one of the best who could be so much more but he gets what he deserves.

The Cam hit was fucking beautiful. Thought he had the easy TD without noticing he's still on the tracks with a Line Backer Train Coming!....The best part is he didn't get the TD. DENIED! He got leveled, that's football. I didn't see, but there wasn't a flag was there? Better not be any fucking fine either. 3 Years ago we wouldn't even be thinking about no stinking flag or fine. Now everything is a question mark. OMG their helmets touched!
Utah,
I don't know if a flag was called but after seeing a slow motion replay last night, the hit was very much "helmet to helmet". I'm glad Cam was rocked
for being over confident and styling into the end zone, but I don't condone the "helmet to helmet" hits on any player.
Hilarious to me that Cam slowed down so much before reaching the end zone. I'm sure he was dreaming about his TD dance or his post game
outfit or maybe his quotes to the media about scoring a rushing TD. Do you think he will learn from this incident? For his health and welfare, he better be learning.

I don't think Leon Lett dropped the ball. I think the ball was batted out of his hand from behind. Not quite the same as an offensive player dropping
the ball at the 1 yard line. Yeah, please try again-FOOL!
Bludegeon

Post by Bludegeon »

Condone any helmet to helmet hit? You gotta be kidding..

It's obvious you have never, ever, ever played tackle football. Sure, the spearing of one player into another ala Merriweather is ridiculous. But, to think all helmet to helmet hits are so bad? Insane , stupidity at it's finest.

Hell no there shouldn't of been a flag thrown on that Cam Newton hit..He was running and he lowered his shoulder.. Called football. Look it up. Well, it was football back when men played the game.

Just like that BS call against the Niners and "hitting" Dak after the whistel vs. Dallas this past Sunday. That "penalty" was BS and helped in changing the vibe of that game. Hate calls like that. It wasn't belligerent or even a hard hit. Bet Dak didn't even feel it..

It's people with the pussy mindset about football like you have that is killing this game with two many fucking rules and stops for bullshit penalty calls.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Bludegeon wrote:Condone any helmet to helmet hit? You gotta be kidding..

It's obvious you have never, ever, ever played tackle football. Sure, the spearing of one player into another ala Merriweather is ridiculous. But, to think all helmet to helmet hits are so bad? Insane , stupidity at it's finest.

Hell no there shouldn't of been a flag thrown on that Cam Newton hit..He was running and he lowered his shoulder.. Called football. Look it up. Well, it was football back when men played the game.

Just like that BS call against the Niners and "hitting" Dak after the whistel vs. Dallas this past Sunday. That "penalty" was BS and helped in changing the vibe of that game. Hate calls like that. It wasn't belligerent or even a hard hit. Bet Dak didn't even feel it..

It's people with the pussy mindset about football like you have that is killing this game with two many fucking rules and stops for bullshit penalty calls.
OMG, you are on a roll, kid. That's the fire I like to see from Cowboys fans

1)I sure have played tackle football and if you want the run the ball and have me tackle you, I am ready to go.
2)The way the game is played today, I'm surprised a flag was not thrown on the play Cam was demolished just shy of the end zone.
NFL is all about protecting the QB's so of course it is legit to wonder which official tossed the yellow flag into the air
3)The flag against the 49ers was very questionable. I wonder if the Ref tossed the flag because the player left his feet, was airborne
and lead with his helmet? Just wondering! Once again, the NFL is all about protecting the QB's.
Just wait and see how many flags are called against the defense when Brady drops back to throw passes this weekend
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:Utah,
I don't know if a flag was called but after seeing a slow motion replay last night, the hit was very much "helmet to helmet".

That's what's retarded.........Football isn't played in SLOW MOTION.

When you're shedding off blockers, changing directions, running angles at full fucking speed with 22 players on the fucking field and you finally go in for a tackle dropping your shoulder then add in the player you're going to tackle braces himself and drops his shoulder AS WELL......You're going to have helmet contact. Unless you take out the legs "isn't that against the rules now?" or just QB's in the pocket and/or the defenseless player hit thingy?

Fuck if I know, every year is a new rule when they still can't define what a catch is let alone call pass interference on either side.

Either way, the LB had to stop him from crossing the line, full speed and drop a shoulder. The guy you're tackling is ALWAYS going to drop as well, it's instinct, it's how you're taught from the dawn of time, laws of physics the lower person wins. So you have two players dropping shoulders at weird angles at full speed you can't avoid helmet to helmet. They've done a good job limiting it and scaring people but it's never going to be totally gone until they put the flags on or make it two hand touch.

He wasn't head hunting, the LB was sprinting full speed and dropped a shoulder. Cam didn't see him till he turned his head around and what did CAM do? Cam dropped his shoulder and body......You can't totally avoid helmet contact.

YA, it sure looks easy in Slow Motion.
Tenacious_Dio wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:The best part is he didn't get the TD. DENIED!
It was a 2 point conversion, and he did get the ball over the line, after the hit.
Thanks for clearly that up, I'm admittedly losing more and more interest in watching and paying attention.
I'm down to the highlights, bits when it's on and reading......I'm still getting use to the rule changes making the percentage of going for 2 way the fuck up.

For that matter, I'm still stuck in the 70's 80's and 90's....I don't freak when someone gets their bell rung, that's why we watched, loved and played the game. Hit's like that was fucking cheered on with passion! Playing you'd walk to the side line and get 20 high fives.

Today everyone act's like it's a cheap hit, he's damaged for life and it's a terrorist attack. I don't give a fuck, I still love a great hit or when someone gets rocked "and gets back up". Most of them look worse then they feel to begin with. It's the leg benders that are cringe worthy.