The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by eddie lee roth »

Just saw on ESPN that Peterson may be back for the Vikings come December. The OU fan in me would like to see Bradford and Peterson have some success. And at one point the Vikings looked damn good on defense I'd love to see the team resort back to the way they were playing at the start of the season.

And the next Thursday night game after Thanksgiving falls on December 1st and it's against the Cowboys. Let's go Vikings!!! :mrgreen:
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

eddie lee roth wrote:
And the next Thursday night game after Thanksgiving falls on December 1st and it's against the Cowboys. Let's go Vikings!!! :mrgreen:
Cowboys vs Skins Thurs night. Should be an epic game. Cowboys have to find a way to pressure Cousins and not allow
him to toss bombs down the middle of the field to wide open WR's.
I know the Packers d is like swiss cheese but Cousins is not that good, or is he?

Lame ass experts or former players now want to say that Romo will be a distraction :roll: The media cannot stop talking about
this team win or lose. The media always seems to have something to say about this team.
Listen, Romo will be a Cowboy the rest of this season and next year he will be gone. Simple as that. END OF STORY!
Dak just has to play the very same he has played during this streak. Protect the ball, don't get lazy with the footwork and trust the offense.

LET'S GO COWBOYS!
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Machado wrote: The media cannot stop talking about
this team win or lose. The media always seems to have something to say about this team.
Sort of like a certain poster on here that seems to only and always talk about the Goddamn Cowboys. :mrgreen:

Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

The Dallas vs Washington could be even bigger but the Skins gave away two wins. They should have won against Detroit and Cincinnati. They should be 8-2 going into this. Missed opportunities.
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
Bludegeon
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Bludegeon »

eddie lee roth wrote:
Sort of like a certain poster on here that seems to only and always talk about the Goddamn Cowboys. :mrgreen:

Oh shit... Fuck no.. NO way..

It can't be.. I really only talk about the Cowboys in here too... Dammit.. NO fucking way I am in that Machado category.. lol
Bludegeon

Post by Bludegeon »

Gritt wrote:The Dallas vs Washington could be even bigger but the Skins gave away two wins. They should have won against Detroit and Cincinnati. They should be 8-2 going into this. Missed opportunities.

With that kind of logic. Dallas could possibly be undefeated right now. LOL>

Either way, this Thursday's game will be a nail biter.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Bludegeon wrote:
Gritt wrote:The Dallas vs Washington could be even bigger but the Skins gave away two wins. They should have won against Detroit and Cincinnati. They should be 8-2 going into this. Missed opportunities.

no surprise Gritt is ready with the excuses. he's losing the bet against me by a wide margin
and is already on record of "welching" on the bet. typical Gritt behavior! what a queen!
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Bludegeon wrote:
eddie lee roth wrote:

It can't be.. I really only talk about the Cowboys in here too... Dammit.. NO fucking way I am in that Machado category.. lol
How do you know I wasn't talking about you and not Alice. Oops I meant to say Machado. :mrgreen:
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

And people wounder why Cowboy fans are poked with a stick and made fun of.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

UtahRatt wrote:And people wounder why Cowboy fans are poked with a stick and made fun of.
is that right? do people wonder of just you and several others here in the locker room?
don't make a generalization like that and not have the data to back it up.

what you should be doing is spending your time or which bandwagon you are going to jump on this
week and the week after and the week after that!
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:what you should be doing is spending your time or which bandwagon you are going to jump on this

I should be spending my time or?........What R-U babbling about? I know it's Thanksgiving but for fuck sake when you block a kick don't try and recover it, Leon.

The data is in this thread. Every time you submit! I can talk about football without sucking the oxygen out of the room blabbering over my favorite team.

Nerves of steel!
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

UtahRatt wrote:
Machado wrote:what you should be doing is spending your time or which bandwagon you are going to jump on this

I should be spending my time or?........What R-U babbling about? I know it's Thanksgiving but for fuck sake when you block a kick don't try and recover it, Leon.

The data is in this thread. Every time you submit! I can talk about football without sucking the oxygen out of the room blabbering over my favorite team.

Nerves of steel!
ok so which is your favorite team this week? odds are it is not the same team from a week ago or a month before that :lol: :lol:
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Machado you're not making any sense or to be fair to you maybe you just honestly don't know.

Utah has stated many times on here that he's been a Raiders fan since he was a little kid.

Talking about other teams besides the Raiders only means one thing, he's a fan of the NFL too.

If you just got to fuck with him give him hell about my last sentence.

Utah ain't fooling nobody he's a fan for life just like the rest of us. He can't quit watching no more than I could. :lol:

Sorry Utah facts is facts. :mrgreen:
Einstein Lawless
Having Slaughter Open for You

Post by Einstein Lawless »

They lost to Dallas by 4 the first time around, if we're pondering "what ifs" (and I always do)

Machado and I both seem to be worried by our respective squad's defense. Normally that leads to shootouts, but both teams will likely ground and pound to keep the other team off the field as much as possible.
Physician, kill Thyself- Danzig in the Dark

Stryper have a better shot at getting into Hell than the HOF.- The Stench.

You people are so burnt out on your own culture that you can't even talk about it intelligibly anymore.- Funz
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

Machado wrote:
Bludegeon wrote:

no surprise Gritt is ready with the excuses. he's losing the bet against me by a wide margin
and is already on record of "welching" on the bet. typical Gritt behavior! what a queen!
What excuses, you fucking mong? I clearly stated they blew two games. Missed opportunities. Not one fucking excuse was made. I seriously wish you would swallow a gallon of bleach and disappear. Your utter stupidity is maddening.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Gritt wrote:Your utter stupidity is maddening.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

eddie lee roth wrote:Utah ain't fooling nobody he's a fan for life just like the rest of us. He can't quit watching no more than I could. :lol:

Sorry Utah facts is facts. :mrgreen:
Quit watching? A move to Vegas might. Time to turn into a full on Hockey fan. Fucking Vegas? I've liked the Falcons, Steeler's and Seattle since I was young but without my favorite team I can't just watch the NFL only to see if Denver and Dallas get their ass kicked.

------------------------------------------------------

Machado seems to know the game really well with his endless quotes like............
Machado wrote:when the #1 QB does not play much, you expect that team to lose many, many games. IMO, last year was a lost season.
Machado wrote:Romo is healthy. 100%. If he does injure himself again and is lost for a significant amount of time, well there goes the season.
I think someone else injured Romo but that aside Machado's dead on as usual.....
Except for Dallas, Denver, Houston, Bills, Pat's, Vikings, Philly and the Patriots have all had at least some success as they entered the season with new QB's or at some point had to deal with the loss of their #1 QB.

The Pat's came out of the gate winning using a had full of QB's to start the season.

The Vikings, last undefeated team after their #1 QB Teddy went down including one of the best RB's in the NFL, they're still in the thick.

I hear Dallas is doing ok after Romo their #1 QueenB went down, I think they're leading the NFL with a Rookie? Don't they have a Rookie RB who runs with the Nerves of Steel as well? "There goes the season"

Bill's were questioning going with EJ but started Tyrod and are fighting, Tyrod isn't their problem.

Denver, after losing Peyton then Osweiler didn't know who to start, went with the Rookie and are contending

Philly traded their #1 QB, started strong and are still hanging in there with a Rook.

Houston leading their division again. Last year with several QB's and now with Osweiler who hasn't had a season under his belt.

Now Indy has to deal without Luck?
Speaking of Luck..........Is it true if the Steeler's lose to the Scott Tolzien lead Colts that Tomlin's job will be in jeopardy?

I think Tomlin's a hell of a coach. I'd trade Jack Del for him.
Bludegeon

Post by Bludegeon »

eddie lee roth wrote:
Bludegeon wrote:
eddie lee roth wrote: Sort of like a certain poster on here that seems to only and always talk about the Goddamn Cowboys. :mrgreen:

How do you know I wasn't talking about you and not Alice. Oops I meant to say Machado. :mrgreen:

Hahahaha,, Touche
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Gritt wrote:
Machado wrote:
Bludegeon wrote:

What excuses, you fucking mong? I clearly stated they blew two games. Missed opportunities. Not one fucking excuse was made. I seriously wish you would swallow a gallon of bleach and disappear. Your utter stupidity is maddening.
hey welch-how is that bet looking so far? funny how you had your chest puffed up like Brutus a couple months or so ago
and now you seem to be hiding. :lol: :lol:
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:hey welch-how is that bet looking so far? funny how you had your chest puffed up like Brutus a couple months or so ago
Funny you had your tail between your leg's making excuses and had to be talked into it, now dat Dem Boyz are winning.....Who's been the chest puffer each week?

Do you own a mirror?
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

UtahRatt wrote:
Machado wrote:hey welch-how is that bet looking so far? funny how you had your chest puffed up like Brutus a couple months or so ago
Funny you had your tail between your leg's making excuses and had to be talked into it, now dat Dem Boyz are winning.....Who's been the chest puffer each week?

Do you own a mirror?
how did i get talked into the bet? it was offered to me, freely on Gritt's part and i accepted. not exactly being talked into a bet.
damn, you are stupid. are you concussed? if yes, that would explain so much and i may actually feel sorry for you.

plus, you can't question my allegiance to Dallas. last year when the team ate shit for about 16 weeks, i was here just the same.
SO F. U.
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

How am I hiding?
Einstein Lawless
Having Slaughter Open for You

Post by Einstein Lawless »

Tough loss but still lots to play for. Congrats Machado, it may be Dallas' year. Enjoy Turkey Day everyone.
Physician, kill Thyself- Danzig in the Dark

Stryper have a better shot at getting into Hell than the HOF.- The Stench.

You people are so burnt out on your own culture that you can't even talk about it intelligibly anymore.- Funz
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Einstein Lawless wrote:Tough loss but still lots to play for. Congrats Machado, it may be Dallas' year. Enjoy Turkey Day everyone.
that was a tough game. regardless of the records, you know these 2 teams will play one another tough n hard.

Dak was awesome again. the kid plays like a veteran. amazing how much poise Dak shows late in the game.

can i say something about Josh Norman? what a bitch? he can't play the game straight up so he resorted to verbal abuse. so much
so that 3 ref's were forced to confront Jay Gruden in an effort to quite that player. what a bitch that player is. him and Steve Smith
are members of the "all bitch n moan after losing to Dallas"
johnk5150
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by johnk5150 »

Last night I saw the game of the season. Some of the throws Prescott and Cousins made were pure ice water in their veins pieces of epic. The catches were at least as well.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

HOW BOUT DEM RAIDERS! The Mighty Panthers came into the BLACKHOLE and didn't walk out! You don't come out of a BLACKHOLE! No one can! It's not logically or scientifically possible!

What a tough game!
After leading 24-7 in the 3rd Quarter, The RAIDERS tried to give the Mighty Panthers "one of the best teams in the NFL" a shot and the Panthers still couldn't win! D-Carr dislocated his finger on a fumble giving up a TD, then after putting his finger in place he thew an INT giving the Panthers another TD......It still wasn't enough! The current MVP Cam Newton had like under 20yds at halftime! After D-Carr adjusted to throwing with a glove and playing threw the pain of a dislocated finger.......With NERVES OF STEEL he came back and lead the RAIDERS to yet another WIN!

WHAT A GREAT GAME! Hits on both sides of the ball! But in the end the Panthers just couldn't hold back AC/DC! AMARI COOPER and DEREK CARR! Even if Cooper had 20yds it still sounds cool!

Once again I'm no longer shocked at the AWESOME PLAY of the Future HOF and this years MVP DEREK CARR! DA-CARR continues to show poise and leads the team back in the 4th!

-------------------------------------------------------

What's up with the Panthers? Raiders vs Panthers........
Their O-line has problems and the defense is soft let alone dominate. After losing the monster Kuechly, they went in loaded with players on the DL but they've been toast all season. Now they're down to their 3rd string Center, Cam isn't consistent, can't carry the team and needs help.
Blitzing Cam has been the game plan, the Raiders were getting pressure with just the front 4 allowing them to drop everyone else back. The Raiders D sucks, they need more DB's dropping back just to stop the pass. Cam didn't give in, but he don't have the time in the pocket. Cam admitted it's a problem playing with a different set of players every year and I guess that's his problem and what sets him apart from the best IMO.
Still a great QB just not sure what happened to their team. Cam's a puzzle and their defense isn't helping. I guess Cam needs an O-line like Dallas. If he played behind them he'd be MVP every year.

Seattle? WTF? Another offensive bump, put too much locking up all those Defensive contracts leaving Wilson without any weapons and losing O-line. Like Cam, Wilson's having problems..........

It's an upside down NFL. Seattle and teams need to look at the Pat's, Bill Belichick is the best at what he does and he don't do high dollar long term contracts. They can't add pieces like him either.

The NFC is anyone's game if they can make the playoffs, the AFC is a bit more stout with new teams on the board to face. Apart from the Pat's, who's going to show up. The Raiders are not as great as their record because of their D....Carr is coming into his own but he has a great O-line helping him get the job done. If the Raiders had just one CB they might be dangerous. Then again, Belichick would out coach Del Rio if they were to face.

It's the year of the O-Lines.

GO FALCONS! Released by the Browns, Gabriel looked like Barry Sanders vs the Cardinals. I haven't seen moves like that for a long time. When you juke a DB into turning his back as you run past him it's worth a chuckle. Like the Raiders, if Atlanta makes some Defensive adjustments they could be dangerous. Already are.
I just hope they don't go into the playoff's and Ryan pulls a Palmer. Falcons vs Raiders would be a dream SB if the Raiders won but I don't see Oakland going that far. Atlanta has a better chance. When they show up they show up.

Oakland is coming up on an ugly finishing schedule vs everyone above or a game at .500 including road games vs the entire division, Denver, Bolts and KC.....They're bound to lose more then a couple. Not to mention the Bills. They can't keep coming back in the 4th and wining every game by a few points.

---------------------------------

Packers won..............Will they make the playoffs.......Texans, Vikings, Seattle, Lions....And Da Bears.....Tough. They should have won the games early because that's not an easy schedule. Going to be odd with the Packers, Cards, Panthers and Saints not in the playoffs...Yes the Saints started down hill last season but still. The NFC flop is in full swing.

NFL 2016 the Miami Dolphins are on a 6 game win streak looking at the playoffs and The Raiders are Power Ranked #2, that about sums up the NFL this season right now. The last week of games will have a lot of playoff implications, it's a close race up and down the board. Less domination with a lot mediocre teams. This is a good year a number of teams could steal a SB Ring.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Week 13 Power ranking The Oakland Raiders #2! Number 2? I'm a Raider fan n all but number 2? At least they've played teams in the top ten. :wink:

Lead by future Hall Of Fame and MVP QB Derek Carr! Continues to show poise and NERVES OF STEEL under pressure!

Carr has 13 game-tying or go-ahead touchdown passes in the fourth quarter or overtime the past two seasons, six more than any other QB! Shows what a great O-Line can do. Time to hope for a Wild Card.........How Bout Dem RAIDERS! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

-----------------------------

Marcus Mariota is coming of age, I predict them to overtake the Texans. If the Texans had Mariota instead of Brock VanWilder they'd be scary. Maybe I'm crazy but I think Mariota will be MVP someday the only thing holding him back is playing on the Titans.

Brock Van Wilder - Three qualified quarterbacks have thrown more interceptions than touchdowns this season: Case Keenum (lost his job), Ryan Fitzpatrick (fighting for his job) and Brock Osweiler (doesn't seem to be in much danger of losing his job).

--------------------------------------------------------

Power Rankings.....

1. Dallas Cowboys = Awesome as usual! vs .437 through the first 12 weeks. :lol:
2. Oakland Raiders - clinched their first winning season since 2002 while playing a much harder schedule then Dallas
3. New England Patriots - have held teams to fewer than 20 points seven times this season, tied with Seattle and KC
4. Seattle Seahawks - 23rd-ranked scoring offense, Week 12 marked the third time Seattle failed to score a TD
5. Denver Broncos - 5-0 this season when winning the turn over battle. 2-5 when not.
6. Kansas City Chiefs - Tyreek Hill is the first since Gale Sayers with a rushing, receiving and kick return TD's in a game
7. Detroit Lions - Stafford has seven game-winning drives in the fourth quarter or overtime this season
8. Atlanta Falcons - leading the NFL in points and scored at least 30 in four of their past five games.
9. Pittsburgh Steelers - Le'Veon Bell and Antonio Brown have accounted for 63 percent of the Steelers' yards from scrimmage
10. New York Giants - The fourth-easiest schedule .460
11. Washington Redskins - 2-2-1 in their past five games Cousins is averaging 72% completion 369yds, 11TD's, 1int
12. Miami Dolphins - won six straight for the first time since 2005, seven straight vs the Ravens would make it since 1985
13. Baltimore Ravens - Justin Tucker the only kicker yet to miss a FG or XP with 3 + 50yds made
14. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
15. San Diego Chargers
16. Houston Texans
17. Buffalo Bills - have the sixth-best point differential and play the Raiders this week.
18. Minnesota Vikings - 1-5 in their past six games and have scored the fourth-fewest points per game 16.5
19. Tennessee Titans - Mariota has tossed multiple TD's in 8 straight games a league-leading 21TD's since Week 5
20. Philadelphia Eagles
21. New Orleans Saints - Drew Brees just tossed 30TD's in a season for the ninth time tied with Brett Favre & Papa John
22. Carolina Panthers - Cam has five TD passes in his past five games, he threw 5TD's in a game three times last season
23. Arizona Cardinals - Carson Palmer has taken more sacks and equaled his INTS at 11 than he did all of last season
24. Green Bay Packers - held the Eagles to 13 points after allowing at least 30 points in four straight
25. Indianapolis Colts - reached the Steelers' 1-yard line twice but failed to score either time on ThanksNOTgiving day
26. New York Jets
27. Los Angeles Rams - rookie QB Jared Goff's 3TD's in the first half. 47 yards and a pick in a scoreless second half.
28. Cincinnati Bengals
29. Jacksonville Jaguars
30. Chicago Bears - Bears WR's = 8 drops in Matt Barkley's first career start
31. San Francisco 49ers - Can you imagine the 49ers losing 15 straight games and not getting the No. 1 pick? It could happen
32. Cleveland Browns - but let's focus on the positives. The Browns have converted a league-best 10 fourth downs.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Utah
How bored are you? Might be time to find a hobby or a friend because you spend a lot of time
dropping stats and don't get paid for it :lol:

Who's your favorite team this week? Let me guess, Raiders or Dolphins, you bandwagon ridin' HOMO
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

Machado wrote:Utah
How bored are you? Might be time to find a hobby or a friend because you spend a lot of time
dropping stats and don't get paid for it :lol:

Who's your favorite team this week? Let me guess, Raiders or Dolphins, you bandwagon ridin' HOMO
don't think he's ever claimed to be a dolphins fan, far as I know he's been pretty upfront about being a Raider fan for a while.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

IMO, the Dallas vs Vikes game tonight is easily the most difficult game of the season for Dallas.
They played Sunday, followed by a Thurs game, now another Thurs game to play tonight.
That is a very rough stretch considering how the NFL & Goodell seem to care so much about player safety.
No wonder X amount of players are smoking weed. Those players are in serious pain!

Another test for Dak and the Dallas offense. Nice to see Barry Church is returning at safety. Gives that
D more depth but damn if they don't need to get some takeaway. Dallas has gone 4 consecutive
games without a takeaway but still won. That is a NFL record.