The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Peterbilt
Headlining Clubs

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by Peterbilt »

I did say before that I didn't like the match-up, but I think it's crazy if anyone is discounting the Chiefs. In tonight's game, and possibly next week too. I'll take a Chiefs/Falcons Super Bowl. They had a hell of a game in the regular season. That was the game where Eric Berry intercepted and returned the 2 pt conversion that won them the game.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Man people get touchy and defensive about the teams they root for. At least most don't wait till AFTER the games over to talk..*see Dallas fans*

Sure, with "NERVES OF STEEL" KC could pull it off...They better represent the West!

They have a solid D and an underrated offense. I just don't think they can keep up with the Steelers when they're firing on all cylinders like they have been. They're not the same team earlier in the year. Sure KC has a good D and system and could pull it off AT home, I JUST DON"T THINK THEY WILL...It's not that I don't think they can't. Anything can happen.

I'm sure Andy Reid has a game plan........... :evil:

If I was forced at gun point to call it, I'd say KC better keep it close build up an early lead because I don't think they'll be able to play comeback keep up vs the Steelers....If KC jumps off to a quick start and the crowed gets fired up KC is a hard place to win. If the Steelers takes that away and gets the lead it will play a factor.

IMO!

With Ben, Brown and Bell they will be dangerous to Blitz a lot. The front 4 needs to step up and aren't they banged up? I think KC should come out aggressive and attack then drop back into soft coverage...Cover 3, 2 deep zone.....And/or man to man with one deep over Brown to take him out of the game....Let someone else beat them while keeping everything else in front of them and underneath.

Let the Steelers try and run the ball and work the middle. If they Blitz, from the outside LB's to collapse the pocket and force INTS.

I have a feeling Pit will come out running mixed with some WR screens, shorts RB passes and work the middle of the field before going to the corners and post.

If KC keeps it close they could take um, the stadium will be loud. Steelers over KC, 2nd half blow out if KC don't.
Last edited by UtahRatt on Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

KC scares me as a Steeler fan and having home field advantage going into tonight. The 3B's better have a damn good night cause the defense is suspect. Quite secretly Alex Smith has had a pretty good run these last couple of years.

As far as the first game goes I'd love to see the Cowboys lose but I just don't see it happening. Aaron Rodgers is already a first ballot HOF'er but if he can get out Dallas with a win damn that would be great.

So I guess these are my picks, I'm rolling with the road teams for today's games.

P.S. I'd like to add a big FUCK OFF to all the Cowboy fans. Every meal I have today will include cheese in it somehow. Let's go Packers. :lol:
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

johnk5150 wrote:Brady with 2 INTs. Has that ever happened before?
Sure, he is human after all.
As bad as they looked against a strong defense, which they always do, Brady is 4-1 in the playoffs incl. SB
against the #1 defense.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

The Patriots are in for a record six straight AFC championship games. :shock:

If you hate on the Patriots you really are fucked in the head.

Brady and Belichick are like the Bulls and Jordan.

You should enjoy watching them while you can nothing lasts forever and we're lucky enough to witness this while it's going down.

Of course I'm a Steelers fan and would love for them to win the last game of the season but still you got to admire what they've done.

And Roger Goodell can go suck a dick.
johnk5150
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by johnk5150 »

Man. Joe Buck's half beard looks glorious. I guess I'm rooting for the Packers. I just want to see a good game.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

So Machado, how'd your Cowboys do tonight? FIELD GOAL, BABY!!!
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Nu Romo 0-1
Old Romo happy
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

eddie lee roth wrote:
If you hate on the Patriots you really are fucked in the head.

Brady and Belichick are like the Bulls and Jordan.
I hated Jordan and the Bulls, so I guess it's okay.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

eddie lee roth wrote:P.S. I'd like to add a big FUCK OFF to all the Cowboy fans. Every meal I have today will include cheese in it somehow. Let's go Packers. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SIT THE FUCK DOWN!

ONE AND DONE!

HAR HAR!

The good news is the Bandwagon just has to cross the field to go the fuck home! LOUZERSSSS!

So much for NERVES OF STEEL! Even after having a week off vs a beat up team who gave them every chance they fucking blew it.

The rookie duo marched out on the field with NERVES OF STEEL and cried as they left. THE ONE N DONE DUO!

I turned on the local radio today and all the Cowboy fans were jumping up and down.......Well, they weren't saying shit because they don't say anything till after the game. That's when they start talking shit or making up excuses, tough easy schedule, even the Ref's couldn't help them out. I had a chick lean over and ask me.....How come Dallas always gets away with the flags? Ripping off the Jersey over a WR's shoulder pads isn't PI? HOLDING? FLAG?

WHAT A GREAT ENDING, Like the movie Se7en as the Cowboy fans open up the trunk.......THE KICK IS GOOD!
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Rodgers looks tired as fuck, like a couple tanks of oxygen and throws away from being Brett Favre. Aaron needs a week off and maybe a few more running plays before he passes out. What a streak the Packers have been on, Aaron Rodger tossed the team on his back and has been plowing ass ever since.

After the losing streak the Pack was written off and claimed for dead, hat's off to Green Bay or more or less Rodgers for stepping it up and dragging the team with him.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

That last sack he took looked like he's going to be sore as hell in the morning. And for him not to fumble the ball was a truly great play on his part.
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

I hope the Dirty Birds crush Rodgers and the Pack next week. Go Falcons!
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Brady not the Bulls
MJ six rings could have 8 straight without baseball dream

Brady like Dwane Wade big star for an era with few finals wins and loss
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

It's easy to laugh at the Cowboys because, well, Cowboys...

But those rookies (and Bryant) racked up all the yards and points you could reasonably expect. They didn't choke, they just fronted a team that couldn't hold Aaron Rodgers to less than 31 pts.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
Pierce Foreskin
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Pierce Foreskin »

Pats Steelers...gonna be a hard hitting free for all.
Should be a great game.
Every lady needs a Prince Albert in her Can
UtahRatt wrote: You either like Zappa or you like taking it up the ass with anal beads the size of a plum.
Peterbilt
Headlining Clubs

Post by Peterbilt »

Just disgusted now.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

eddie lee roth wrote: So I guess these are my picks, I'm rolling with the road teams for today's games.
Damn I'm good!
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Yeah, Steelers did it without even reaching the endzone. Props to Boswell and the defense on that one. On the plus side, I saw where the US Figure Skating Championships are in KC this week, so at least the Chiefs fans and KC sports fans in general can have something sports-related to do while they wait for baseball season for the Royals.
milk-milk-lemonade
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by milk-milk-lemonade »

Peterbilt wrote:Just disgusted now.
Me too. Fucking Fisher, you cocksucker! :x

Until August...
ImageImage
milk-milk-lemonade wrote:USA USA USA !!
!
milk-milk-lemonade wrote:'Oh boy...' is a 300 Part Series
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Peterbilt wrote:Just disgusted now.
Shitty. D closed the door on the endzone, kept them in the game only to finish like that. I thought if KC kept it close they'd have a shot but I didn't expect it. I Shirley didn't expect 6FG's from the Steelers and KC to have more TD's and still lose either. They did what I thought they would have to do to win. Give up yards on the ground, cover zones, no big plays and keep it close but NO!

They have some off season offensive work to do. It don't take the sting away but I picture KC being the favorites in the west at least for the next few seasons. I don't see the Raiders repeating and Denver is going to have more problems then answers.

That Steelers team shows up next week and they're done.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

LAglamrocker wrote:Brady not the Bulls
Jordan Bulls could have had as many as they wanted had Krauss not been so arrogant.

$tevil
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

johnk5150 wrote:
Jordan Bulls could have had as many as they wanted had Krauss not been so arrogant.
And with the Refs under the Jordan rules they could have kept on going......Bryon Russell.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

UtahRatt wrote:
johnk5150 wrote:
And with the Refs under the Jordan rules they could have kept on going......Bryon Russell.
That was not the first push off ever in the NBA.

$tevil
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

johnk5150 wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:
johnk5150 wrote:

Of course it wasn't, Jordan got away with a careers worth. You going to tell me Jordan wasn't shown a bit of leniency throughout his days? Players around the league had a name for it!
Sure there are other factors, his era was more physical, Jordan took a lot of shots, attacked the basket and was more aggressive than most but he still got away with more calls then anyone in his era.

Besides, that was a championship push off that sealed the deal.

Today's game is another story about special treatment......The Cowboys went ONE and DONE even with the no calls! :mrgreen:
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

dmbrocker wrote:I hope the Dirty Birds crush Rodgers and the Pack next week. Go Falcons!
The Pack are beat up and after watching the team fold in the 4th I'm hoping for the same. I like Green Bay but their D is ripe for the shredding. I want to see Steve Bartkowski and William Andrews light up the Packers!

I like the Steelers as well but I want to see Ryan vs Brady in the SB.

This is the first time I can remember where I actually didn't hate any of the teams in the Championship games. With the Falcons being my 2nd favorite. New life, a week ago I couldn't care less. Now the SB is set to have a good match up.

How Bout Dem Boys!

Apologies aside to the couple REAL and decent Dallas posters on the board. Take it with a grain of salt. The team looks to be set up really good for a long time. As for the Bandwagon fan, the teams looks like they are set to be the GOAT for a long time.
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Win streaks heading into the weekend:
Steelers - 9
Patriots -8
Packers - 8
Falcons - 1
Falcons - "C'mon man"

It will be fun to watch Tomlin squirm about his comments made about the Pats.
Guess one of the players warning to avoid social media was just a tad too late. :lol:
Will he sit Brown for the first series or quarter as Bill has done in the past? Probably not.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

UtahRatt wrote:
johnk5150 wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:

Of course it wasn't, Jordan got away with a careers worth. You going to tell me Jordan wasn't shown a bit of leniency throughout his days? Players around the league had a name for it!
Sure there are other factors, his era was more physical, Jordan took a lot of shots, attacked the basket and was more aggressive than most but he still got away with more calls then anyone in his era.

Besides, that was a championship push off that sealed the deal.

Today's game is another story about special treatment......The Cowboys went ONE and DONE even with the no calls! :mrgreen:
It was a different time. Rodman basically broke Pippens face in 89. Didn't even receive a technical. Then the two got three more rings together six years later. Jordan telling Russel to get lost with his elbow was nothing compared to every day physical competition back in the day.

$tevil
Bludegeon
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Bludegeon »

Ughhhh,, FUCK!!!!!!

Hahahhhaa...

Maybe one day. AL Davis Jr will fix the fucking defense in Dallas.. Not even close to a Championship Defense.. Looks like the Pats will win another SB.