One year until PyeongChang...

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

One year until PyeongChang...

Post by dmbrocker »

Can't wait to see if the Russians all get banned or not for that doping scandal.
Shaun White might have a good shot at gold again if he doesn't blow it like he did in Sochi.
Hopefully US Hockey can pull out a win.
Looking forward to crushing on Ashley Wagner and Gracie Gold if they both go to compete.
That is all.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Re: One year until PyeongChang...

Post by dmbrocker »

Well, looks like I got my wish! From this year's upcoming ESPN Magazine "Body Issue":

Could've used more makeup, I guess, but otherwise...
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

And here's the whole photo shoot. Looking good! One of the main reasons I'm looking forward to the next Winter Olympics because she's so smokin':

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/ ... hleywagner
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Sucks that players from the NHL can't go.

Russia will win gold in men's hockey.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

pieceofme wrote:Sucks that players from the NHL can't go.

I'm fairly certain some of these NHL stars will get the blessing of the team owners and go to PyeongChang anyway. We'll see.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

dmbrocker wrote:
pieceofme wrote:Sucks that players from the NHL can't go.

I'm fairly certain some of these NHL stars will get the blessing of the team owners and go to PyeongChang anyway. We'll see.
They may get the blessing from owners, but there will be issues with the Player's Association, and even fans.

Gary Bettman created a hot mess.

He and the owners should have bit the bullet, done this Olympics, and continued into the next one, as there are mad $ and exposure to be had in China in 2022.

Bad long term planning.
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Less than six months to go. Anyone think the games could be cancelled by the threat of nuclear war between the Big Orange Blowhard and Kim Jong (mentally) Un(hinged)?
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

dmbrocker wrote:Less than six months to go. Anyone think the games could be cancelled by the threat of nuclear war between the Big Orange Blowhard and Kim Jong (mentally) Un(hinged)?
Doubt it.

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Polina Edmunds, 18 and beautiful. Hopefully she'll make her second Winter Olympics this season?

dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Ugh, one of my favorite figure skating crushes, Gracie Gold, just announced she won't be competing at the Olympics this year. Damn! At least Ashley Wagner still has a shot...
Last edited by dmbrocker on Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Holy crap! Russia just got banned by the IOC for all that doping in Sochi! I kind of knew it was coming, though. There's still the chance for some of it's competitors to compete under a "neutral" flag or something, so it may not be over yet. There's also the possibility that Putin could organize a total boycott, too:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/russia-ban ... 35604.html
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

dmbrocker wrote:Holy crap! Russia just got banned by the IOC for all that doping in Sochi! I kind of knew it was coming, though. There's still the chance for some of it's competitors to compete under a "neutral" flag or something, so it may not be over yet. There's also the possibility that Putin could organize a total boycott, too:

Pretty sure if these Olympics were happening in a North American TV friendly time zone this would not have happened.

This is quickly becoming the Olympics nobody cares about, with the NHL not participating in the marquee event, and now Russia being banned.

Think this would have happened if China was hosting this year, and the NHL was in? Or if this was Salt Lake or Vancouver? I don't!
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

WOLF wrote:
dmbrocker wrote:Holy crap! Russia just got banned by the IOC for all that doping in Sochi! I kind of knew it was coming, though. There's still the chance for some of it's competitors to compete under a "neutral" flag or something, so it may not be over yet. There's also the possibility that Putin could organize a total boycott, too:

Pretty sure if these Olympics were happening in a North American TV friendly time zone this would not have happened.

This is quickly becoming the Olympics nobody cares about, with the NHL not participating in the marquee event, and now Russia being banned.

Think this would have happened if China was hosting this year, and the NHL was in? Or if this was Salt Lake or Vancouver? I don't!
It certainly doesn't help ratings, but for once the IOC did the right thing instead of looking the other way, so that's a good sign...
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

dmbrocker wrote:
WOLF wrote:

It certainly doesn't help ratings, but for once the IOC did the right thing instead of looking the other way, so that's a good sign...
Agreed they did the right thing. I wonder if they would have done the right thing if these Olympics were in another venue, or if the US were the culprit.

Sometimes it’s easier to do the right thing, as opposed to at other times.
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

WOLF wrote:
dmbrocker wrote:
WOLF wrote:

Agreed they did the right thing. I wonder if they would have done the right thing if these Olympics were in another venue, or if the US were the culprit.

Sometimes it’s easier to do the right thing, as opposed to at other times.
Very true. Most US athletes these days are good about not doping, though, so I would be surprised if we were ever the culprit.
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Well, my favorite celebrity/Olympic crush Ashley Wagner takes the ice tonight and Friday night to hopefully win a spot on the Olympic team with just a little over a month to go before the opening ceremonies. Hoping she can do it. :shock:
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Well, no Ashley Wagner on the Olympic team ( :( ), but still a lot of action to be excited about! Hopefully no nuclear threats either...
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Less than a week to go! I'm seeing all the promotional spots during the Super Bowl and getting excited! Hopefully Kim Jong-Un will play nice and go easy on the nuclear threats since some of his own country's athletes are competing there...
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

dmbrocker wrote:Less than a week to go! I'm seeing all the promotional spots during the Super Bowl and getting excited! Hopefully Kim Jong-Un will play nice and go easy on the nuclear threats since some of his own country's athletes are competing there...
This might be the least hyped Olympic Games I can ever remember.

I guess the Russian doping scandal, no NHL players, and the whole it being in South Korea is having an impact.

theglammerthebetter
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by theglammerthebetter »

Finally started on tv about an hour ago watching Canada vs Norway right now in mixed Curling
They say all good boys go to heaven
But bad boys bring heaven to you
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Opening ceremonies just happened. The beginning to three or so weeks of hopefully peaceful competition.
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

So, Red Gerard and Bradie Tennell just KILLED it last night for Team USA! Yes!
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Gold for Jamie Anderson in snowboarding, silver for Chris Mazdzer in luge (first ever US men's luge medal), and bronze for our figure skaters in the team event (complete with a history-making Mirai Nagasu triple axel). As Grishnak would say: USA!!! USA!!! USA!!!
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

The man, the myth...SHAUN FUCKIN' WHITE!!! Holy fuck, that was awesome!
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Hell yeah, gold for Mikaela Shiffrin!
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Only watched some of the Opening but I hear about it everyday from "Chick" who watches every minute. I'm not into it at all, after volunteering for the SLC games, seeing all the behind politics and hearing the athletes complaints right down to Gumbles HBO segment the Olympics are hard to swallow.

It was good to hear about the Flying Tomato, after seeing his face plant on the lip leading up to the games I wasn't sure he'd make it let alone pull it off.

Those pic's of Ashley Wagner remind me of those teachers pic's who get busted banging their students. I wished my skating instructors looked like her when I was growing up!

Thanks to this thread I'll cave in and see if I can watch something.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Watching chicks curling USA vs CAN, it reminds me of Jennifer Jones? She could scream at me like she could scream at the rock anytime.....GO GO GO GO EH?
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Bronze in ice dance and another bronze in women's freestyle ski halfpipe last night! On to Mirai Nagasu and the US figure skating ladies vs. Russia and the world as well as more Lindsay Vonn action, all tonight!
kytepunches
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by kytepunches »

I can see why the NHL chose NOT to go. It's been damn near impossible to watch any of the hockey with the time difference. It's on at 5 am !!! So if i PVR the game ,i always manage to hear the score before i can get home to watch. I just gave up and watch the high lights instead . :cry:
stocknsocks
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by stocknsocks »

Canadian ski cross racer apologizes for behaviour: https://www.ctvnews.ca/sports/canadian- ... -1.3817466

Canadian ski-cross Olympian Dave Duncan, his wife, and his coach are offering apologies after they were arrested in Pyeongchang for allegedly stealing a vehicle and drunk driving.
Duncan, his wife Maja Duncan, and manager Willy Raine were released from police custody late Saturday.

They got next level drunk (the manager had a .16 and the legal limit is .05) and stole a Hummer vehicle that had been left idling and driving it to the athletes’ village. Ah Canada.
Live like a legend, die like an asshole.