The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Artemis2085
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Re: The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

Post by Artemis2085 »

This Brutus shoot is really hard to get through. More gems:

* "I got the Summer Slam main event because I was more over than Warrior or Jake, Duggan...I was the top babyface right up there with Hulkster"
*Hercules wouldn't mess with ring rats because he preferred trans women.
*"Gino Hernandez...he's dead, right? That was a bad thing when him & Tully overdosed together and died working for Watts"
*I trained Zeus, taught him everything he knows because I was supposed to be the star wrestler in No Holds Barred :lol:

And the worst of all, when asked about WWF signing Windham /Arn/Tully/JJ around the same time :
*"I never understood that whole 4 Horsemen, the horses asses, whatever thing. I didn't think they were all that good as a promo or a match. Very overrated and I don't think they drew all that much money."

I've literally had to stop it 3 times since last night. It's that fucking hard to deal with him for an extended period of time.
Professional Hater
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Potato cakes.
Aesop wrote: I tire of pussies that refuse to speak their mind, defend this great nation, or seek employment.
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Artemis2085 wrote:This Brutus shoot is really hard to get through. More gems:

* "I got the Summer Slam main event because I was more over than Warrior or Jake, Duggan...I was the top babyface right up there with Hulkster"
*"Gino Hernandez...he's dead, right? That was a bad thing when him & Tully overdosed together and died working for Watts"
*I trained Zeus, taught him everything he knows because I was supposed to be the star wrestler in No Holds Barred :lol:

And the worst of all, when asked about WWF signing Windham /Arn/Tully/JJ around the same time :
*"I never understood that whole 4 Horsemen, the horses asses, whatever thing. I didn't think they were all that good as a promo or a match. Very overrated and I don't think they drew all that much money."

I've literally had to stop it 3 times since last night. It's that fucking hard to deal with him for an extended period of time.
It's Ed freakin' Leslie. If I got saddled with as many horrible gimmicks as he did, I'd be pretty miserable, too!
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

Yeah but let's be real here. He main evented Summer Slam, Wrestlemania and Starrcade all because he's Hogan's buddy. Yes this shit goes on all the time. But the guy wasn't that good of a worker and didn't deserve those spots. Yes, The Barber gimmick got over, but he is clearly delusional. Anyone who says the Horsemen weren't great needs their head examined.

This is 1989 Timeline shoot and we're into October now. Somehow the steroid case got brought up and he just told Sean Oliver that he suffered some brain damage in that awful accident he had. I do feel for him in that way. Otherwise, he's an idiot that's kayfabing his own self.
Professional Hater
Aesop wrote: I tire of pussies that refuse to speak their mind, defend this great nation, or seek employment.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Geno died on Fritz Von Erich's watch not Bill Watts.

He was never anything other than upper mid card level at best.

When he first came back from his accident with that stupid looking protective mask and teaming with you know who was nothing more than the absolute shits.
Drunken Little Elf
Recording Your Demo

Post by Drunken Little Elf »

Definitely a "So bad...it's good" scenario. Other than Batista with HHH, I've never seen another person blow somebody as much as Brutus blows Hogan in this shoot.
Last edited by Drunken Little Elf on Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

Ha ha ha FU UFC
Cyborg wants Rousey in WWE ring ha ha ha ha
Vince always wins!
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

Drunken Little Elf wrote:

Definitely a "So bad...it's good" scenario. Other than Batista with HHH, I've never seen another person blow somebody as much as Brutus blows Hogan in this shoot.
No fucking kidding. The Lex '93 shoot was kind of interesting. Oliver asks him (while laughing) "Who did this song? "I'll Be Your Hero"? Who's responsible for this?"
Lex: "I forget who they got to do that, but I liked it! That's a good song!"

Nash '95 shoot is great so far.
Professional Hater
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

The Barber 100% correct about 4 Horses Asses..good for him. Overrated crap for sure

Elias megastar..dude is so great. Classic 80s heel for sure
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

So WWE is holding Starrcade in Greensboro this November. Fuck that.

Here's a pic from tonight's Smackdown taping at Oakland Arena during the actual show. The entire right half of the arena was empty so that's where they set up hard cameras. RAW in San Jose was also less than half full even with tarps.

Professional Hater
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Wwe needs to stop having Raw and Smackdown so close to each other

Socal had Anaheim, LA and Ontario all in same month, I love it..but thats too much if they want full shows

It's hard for westcoast to fill arenas with 4:30
start

SoCal must have had 10 events this year alone not counting Raw Anaheim house show this December
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

eddie lee roth wrote:Geno died on Fritz Von Erich's watch not Bill Watts.

He was never anything other than upper mid card level at best.

When he first came back from his accident with that stupid looking protective mask and teaming with you know who was nothing more than the absolute shits.
Correct. And he & Tully didn't overdose and die together. Going by Leslie's logic, Arn Anderson was tag Champs with a corpse.

Gino is a guy that would have had one hell of a run in NWA/WCW, eventually WWF. He was that good. But you can't distribute coke if you're using the entire supply. He was murdered by whoever he was running for. Jake Roberts said in a shoot last year that Gino began running coke when he broke in the business in Houston. Where Jake loses the fucking plot is by saying "His drug debts were what got him killed...plus there was a homosexual element, homosexual lifestyle with these same people. We'd heard that he had a jealous lover in that drug world."
Professional Hater
Drunken Little Elf
Recording Your Demo

Artemis2085 wrote:

No fucking kidding. The Lex '93 shoot was kind of interesting. Oliver asks him (while laughing) "Who did this song? "I'll Be Your Hero"? Who's responsible for this?"
Lex: "I forget who they got to do that, but I liked it! That's a good song!"

Nash '95 shoot is great so far.
I honestly love the Timeline Series. Anything with Nash and Cornette is worth watching. You may not agree with everything they say, but you'll be entertained.
Drunken Little Elf
Recording Your Demo

TheInfiniteStaircase wrote:I watched Heenan's Hall Of Fame Speech the other night and man, he still had it.
Same here. I had actually never seen the whole thing, just clips. Definitely one of, if not, the best induction speeches.
TheInfiniteStaircase
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by TheInfiniteStaircase »

TheInfiniteStaircase wrote:I watched Heenan's Hall Of Fame Speech the other night and man, he still had it.
Same here. I had actually never seen the whole thing, just clips. Definitely one of, if not, the best induction speeches.
Same here! It was the first time I watched it. It's so depressing, all of the guys I grew up watching are almost all gone.

Who's left from the Golden Era? Bret, Hogan, Taker, Earl Hebner lol
That-guy
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by That-guy »

TheInfiniteStaircase wrote:
Same here! It was the first time I watched it. It's so depressing, all of the guys I grew up watching are almost all gone.

The Iron Shiek! :lol:
Drunken Little Elf
Recording Your Demo

That-guy wrote:

Jake Roberts...somehow
TheInfiniteStaircase
MSX Tour Support Act

That-guy wrote:

Jake Roberts...somehow
I forgot about Shieky Baby! lol

And yes, Jake came to mind last night when I was thinking about this again.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

Artemis2085 wrote:So WWE is holding Starrcade in Greensboro this November. Fuck that.

Here's a pic from tonight's Smackdown taping at Oakland Arena during the actual show. The entire right half of the arena was empty so that's where they set up hard cameras. RAW in San Jose was also less than half full even with tarps.

that's during a dark match. more people were there for the actual taping.
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

That-guy wrote: The Iron Shiek! :lol:
Jake Roberts...somehow

Have you seen the non WWE doc on him? He's been living in Georgia with the same white lady who's "tired of his ways"...for over 20 years.

Marty Janetty told Oliver a story about his '91 run. Something along the lines of they were in a hotel and Shiek had some rat. He bursts out of the room yelling. Marty asks what's up. "Oh Marty...she want drink so I give her drink. Then drink make her head hurt so I give her 2 percocet. Now she won't fuck me and is sleeping!"

As for the greats...Bret, Taker, Austin, Jake, Flair (for the time being), Steamboat, Arn, Eadie. Oh and Virgil.

WWE are making the press over Jinder's racist promo on Nakamura.
Professional Hater
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

Artemis2085 wrote: WWE are making the press over Jinder's racist promo on Nakamura.
someone tell vince (who said "what's good my nigga") that you can't be racist unless you're white. jinder gets a pass.
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Thoughts on No Mercy? I'm somewhat surprised Brock retained. And Cesaro getting his front teeth knocked out is just hilarious!
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Last 3 matches event took nosedive...awesome until crash and burn

Brock is boring and stale..take Cena train out of wwe. Wwe made Braun look bad

Start of Raw will be awesome..maybe 3 superfriends
Caustic Queen
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Caustic Queen »

dmbrocker wrote:Thoughts on No Mercy? I'm somewhat surprised Brock retained. And Cesaro getting his front teeth knocked out is just hilarious!
He's a tough SOB. That HAD to hurt!
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

With the way he hit the ring post I couldn't tell if he knocked his teeth out or just rammed them further up his head. :lol:

My thoughts on the PPV I give it two thumbs down.

I'm firmly in the boo Roman whenever he's on my TV and the ending of his match last night resembled Machado's bathroom.

And the same goes for Lesnar vs Strowman match too.

I don't have a problem at all with Brock being the champ but if Vince would just open his eyes he'd see that Braun Strowman not Roman Reigns should be as Ric Flair likes to say The Man.
TheInfiniteStaircase
MSX Tour Support Act

I don't know. I do like Strowman, but I think he's limited in the ring. Or at least he came off that way last night. He's more agile than most guys his size but still limited when it comes to, 'this guy being Champ'.

Did anyone else think the first half of the Reigns/Cena match was really weird? Like Cena was overselling, in an almost comical way. It was all very strange to me.

I was exhausted and fell asleep during some of the ppv but woke up just in time to see my girlfriend keep her belt :lol:

Also, the end to the Cruiserweight match was kind of awkwardly done too.

When at least one of the 'Miztourage' turns on Miz, which guy do you think it will be? I'm hoping it's Curtis Axel and that they finally give him a proper character and run and he should just use the Perfectplex as his finisher. I remember during a match during one of his previous attempts at a push he used the perfectplex, but not as the finisher, and the crowd went insane.
TheInfiniteStaircase
MSX Tour Support Act

Artemis2085 wrote:
Jake Roberts...somehow

Have you seen the non WWE doc on him? He's been living in Georgia with the same white lady who's "tired of his ways"...for over 20 years.

Marty Janetty told Oliver a story about his '91 run. Something along the lines of they were in a hotel and Shiek had some rat. He bursts out of the room yelling. Marty asks what's up. "Oh Marty...she want drink so I give her drink. Then drink make her head hurt so I give her 2 percocet. Now she won't fuck me and is sleeping!"

As for the greats...Bret, Taker, Austin, Jake, Flair (for the time being), Steamboat, Arn, Eadie. Oh and Virgil.

WWE are making the press over Jinder's racist promo on Nakamura.

No I never saw the doc! I really need to catch up on a lot of Wrestling-related documentaries and books.

Marty Janetty - man, I always wished he'd get his act together back in the day. My brother and I were always Janetty fans and not Michaels fans.
TheInfiniteStaircase
MSX Tour Support Act

Did anyone watch the Harvey Levin Interview with Hulk Hogan that aired on Fox News Last night? It was good, except, from all ends of the spectrum, it's been documented what a liar and disingenuous person Hogan is, so it's hard to know what's true and what's not in things like this.

Having said that, it's still an interesting watch. I'm going to Florida next month and plan on checking out Hogan's Beach Shop while I'm there.

Some highlights of the interview:

-Claims he was shocked when he was fired by WWE the most recent time. Said he called them the night before news broke of his racist comments and what not then the next day was fired. Then later says he doesn't know if the WWE will ever offer him his job back.

-Says he was paid $14,000 for being in Rocky III. Stallone offered him 10k, Hulk asked for 15k and 14 was what he got. Levin commented that he should have gotten a lot more than that.

-First time I ever heard him acknowledge Andre helping him with the slam at WMIII by putting his hand on his leg and helping push his weight up.

-Says that he was going around telling everyone he was going to be a Wrestler, then first day at local training facility, they broke his leg on purpose

-He lists all of his injuries and how much of his body is fake now. Apparently has had 14 surgeries just in the last ten years alone.

-At one point Harvey asks him if he misses wrestling and he tears up and says he does. It's kind of sad. Some of these guys, especially I guess when you were as huge as someone like Hogan was/is - they really just can't do anything else with their life.
paule5150
Opening for Slaughter

Post by paule5150 »

Devour
Taking Music Lessons

Post by Devour »

Yeah and Vince already sent them a letter about it ha!